Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? (1319 Views)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? / Dating Someone With Bad Teeth! / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by gem87(f): 1:57am On Sep 14, 2008
From experience:
I'm Igbo and my then boyfriend was Ishan (Edo State)
he was so so so insecure about the fact that our tribal backgrounds are different
and seemed to think that I would rather be with and Igbo guy,
I had to constantly reassure him that I wasnt going out with him because
there was a shortage of igbo guys to choose from,
it got irritating, he wouldn't introduce me to his Igbo friends
because they might want to 'get to know me'
and acts funny when i get calls from Igbo guys,

Please my fellow nairalanders, am i alone?
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 14, 2008
sounds like you're alone. A girl is a girl, doesnt matter where she's from.
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by Morenike3(f): 1:59am On Sep 14, 2008
gem87:

From experience:
I'm Igbo and my then boyfriend was Ishan (Edo State)
he was so so so insecure about the fact that our tribal backgrounds are different
and seemed to think that I would rather be with and Igbo guy,
I had to constantly reassure him that I wasnt going out with him because
there was a shortage of igbo guys to choose from,
it got irritating, he would introduce me to his Igbo friends
and acts funny when i get calls from Igbo guys,

Please my fellow nairalanders, am i alone?
Are you kidding me?
I know that Most Naija men are insure, but this is just past insecurity!

What does he want oyu to do? Leave him for Ibo men? nonsense
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by onyinye2(f): 2:01am On Sep 14, 2008
@post

Well. . . . . . i have never ventured out of my cultural group(igbo). Except for when i was in highschool i dated akata boys but that is besides the point.
Anyways, i really don't know what to tell you. Except to say that your boyfriend has some serious insecurity issues that need to be dealt with. Your relationship will never go further with that ginormous obstacle in face of progress.
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by gem87(f): 2:05am On Sep 14, 2008
@ Morenike
sorry i meant he wouldnt introduce me
i have modified this ,
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by Morenike3(f): 2:09am On Sep 14, 2008
gem87:

@ Morenike
i have modified this ,
Ok, but seriously, this is just past insecure.
Maybe he feels that he's not in your league.
Like they say, beautiful women are hard to keep. Maybe he's worrying abt losing you?
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by onyinye2(f): 2:09am On Sep 14, 2008
gem87:

@ Morenike
i have modified this ,
Seriously gurlie, this is just the start. First with the insecurities then him not wanting you to go out where ndi igbo are at. Seriously, can you imagine a life dealing with a guy who lacks trust in you? I mean c'mon, dude think by introducing you to his friends might persuade you into venturing for one of them.
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by jgirl3: 2:10am On Sep 14, 2008
I have dated outside my tribe but I never go into one long enough to start experiencing the insecurities.
All my bfs have had not problem with my tribe. Religion? Yes. Tribe - not yet. . . . I know it's coming.
I just haven't had it that bad yet.
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 14, 2008
this my desktop who wont talk to me . . . ok o. wink
gnite.
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by Morenike3(f): 2:13am On Sep 14, 2008
@post
Are you guys still together?
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by idupaul: 2:19am On Sep 14, 2008
@post

ur boyfriend mite have been making sense since ur ibo. ibo girl always end up with some ibo chap at the end of the day
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by onyinye2(f): 2:20am On Sep 14, 2008
idupaul:

@post

your boyfriend mite have been making sense since your ibo. ibo girl always end up with some ibo chap at the end of the day
It is Igbo, not ibo.
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by idupaul: 2:21am On Sep 14, 2008
onyinye2:

It is Igbo, not ibo.

what do u know about the east, abeg just go and sleep
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by Morenike3(f): 2:22am On Sep 14, 2008
I no blame him, give me an Ibo man that's fyn, and I'll forever praise the lawd grin grin jk jk
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by onyinye2(f): 2:24am On Sep 14, 2008
*Morenike:

I no blame him, give me an Ibo man that's fyn, and I'll forever praise the lawd grin grin jk jk
Hey, back off my men sis. lol. cool
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by Morenike3(f): 2:24am On Sep 14, 2008
Too late, don't you think? embarassed
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by onyinye2(f): 2:25am On Sep 14, 2008
*Morenike:

Too late, don't you think? embarassed
LMAO!!! Never too late. . . .
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by Morenike3(f): 2:29am On Sep 14, 2008
onyinye2:

LMAO!!! Never too late. . . .
In this situation, Uche2nna is already MINES wink
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by onyinye2(f): 2:30am On Sep 14, 2008
*Morenike:

In this situation, Uche2nna is already MINES wink
So i guess Morenike has igbo fever. . . . LMAO.
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by Morenike3(f): 2:31am On Sep 14, 2008
onyinye2:

So i guess Morenike has igbo fever. . . . LMAO.
Yet I got yoruba cure with it grin
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by onyinye2(f): 2:32am On Sep 14, 2008
*Morenike:

Yet I got yoruba cure with it grin
Hmmm . . . . don't believe there is a cure for igbo fever, maybe treatments.
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by Morenike3(f): 2:37am On Sep 14, 2008
You just don't know tongue
Re: Insecurities While Dating Someone From A Different Tribal Background? by iice(f): 9:42am On Sep 15, 2008
Never have, never will.
If he's insecure, too bad for him.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Do This / Confused! / Should U Kiss Him Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.