Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,788 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? (20015 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2008
Sistawoman. . . . . . . pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!

So what, I like to challenge dudes too. Don't mean i need him to be my father.

The Sly. . . . . . I was soooooo thinking about that song.
But I most definitely don't agree with it.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by spikedcylinder: 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hannibal:

Yes, i am married. tongue

Ah! It would take a woman half as cocky as you to keep up with you. I'm sure she is. smiley

sistawoman:

Please women don't hate me but i agree with Hannibal here.  He is correct.  I am the type that will challenge u on that one inch rule and the minute i find a weakness i exploit it.

I don't agree that he should return the slap but he can go about showing his disappoval in a different way.

A woman should never rasie her hand to a man unless she is ready to get what she is dishing out.  With people you can never know how they will react so you have to be prepared for it no matter how that comes.  

Seconded.

It pains me to see my cousin hitting her child, I am actually heart broken and sometimes I wonder how I would be able to discipline my own children but to hit my boyfriend talk more of my husband? Lai Lai.
I think only a very foul tempered person would do that.

But on the other hand, in saying that, I cannot imagine coming back home and finding my partner in bed with another person. I would kick the shite out of him! grin grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Cristalz(f): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

It's funny that so many men are saying they'll leave and when they'll come back they'll have sex. So that just going to set everything straight? What about the memory? Is it just gon' disappear during sex?

@Sly

This dude took the words right outta my mouth.  .   .you diiiiiiiig?  wink   grin

And if all you do is walk out,then come back after she begs.  .  .whats the guarantee that she won't repeat it later,knowing all you'll do is leave then return after she begs at just the right pitch with the right frequency?  grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Hannibal: 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Ah! It would take a woman half as cocky as you to keep up with you. I'm sure she is. smiley

If she LOVES me, she won't SLAP me.
Thats the golden rule.

sistawoman:

Please women don't hate me but i agree with Hannibal here.  He is correct.  I am the type that will challenge u on that one inch rule and the minute i find a weakness i exploit it.

I don't agree that he should return the slap but he can go about showing his disappoval in a different way.

A woman should never rasie her hand to a man unless she is ready to get what she is dishing out.  With people you can never know how they will react so you have to be prepared for it no matter how that comes.  

A married woman has just SPOKEN!!!
21 rounds of applause for this DIVA. cool cool cool cool cool

@ Onyinye,

Do u believe women take the whole nine yards when u give them an inch??
I don't WALK AWAY from ugly situations, i DEAL WITH IT. tongue
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2008
All You Men Are Such FIBBERS!!!! grin grin grin grin

You would never hit her back, talk less about throwing her out the house.
Yall just probably generate a smile and walk away.
Who can seriously tell me otherwise?
Make I hear word. grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Hannibal: 5:10pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

All You Men Are Such FIBBERS!!!! grin grin grin grin

You would never hit her back, talk less about throwing her out the house.
Yall just probably generate a smile and walk away.
Who can seriously tell me otherwise?
Make I hear word. grin

Would u walk away and smile if ur kid SLAPS u??
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Cristalz(f): 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2008
spikedcylinder:

But on the other hand, in saying that, I cannot imagine coming back home and finding my partner in bed with another person. I would kick the shite out of him! grin grin

And you believe kicking the shite out of him will make him eat humble pie? You just might be kicking him right back into the other woman's arms grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by sistawoman: 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

Sistawoman. . . . . . . pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!

So what, I like to challenge dudes too. Don't mean i need him to be my father.

The Sly. . . . . . I was soooooo thinking about that song.
But I most definitely don't agree with it.

I dont think he has to treat you like your father but there should be clear expectations BEFORE marriage.  clear boundary lines should be set BEFORE marriage.  Roles should be clearly defined BEFORE marriage.  Therefore these type of miscommunication does not happen AFTER marriage and folks are not wondering where this came from.  You should KNOW the man you are marrying.

These types of questions should be asked of your mate BEFORE you say I DO.  The answers should be used in deciding if you really want to marry them or not.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hannibal:

Would u walk away and smile if your kid SLAPS u??
That is my KID!! Not my forsaken HUSBAND!!!
Mufasa. . . . how can you compare the two? grin Anyways, if you give me an inch, i might take up a mile. Without even laying one hand on you. wink
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Cristalz(f): 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hannibal:

If she LOVES me, she won't SLAP me.
Thats the golden rule.

Ding!!! Jackpot! grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by MrCrackles(m): 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2008
sistawoman:

And you have never once slapped them?

My kids would love to meet you.

U mean me?! grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 5:15pm On Sep 17, 2008
sistawoman:

I don't think he has to treat you like your father but there should be clear expectations BEFORE marriage.  clear boundary lines should be set BEFORE marriage.  Roles should be clearly defined BEFORE marriage.  Therefore these type of miscommunication does not happen AFTER marriage and folks are not wondering where this came from.  You should KNOW the man you are marrying.

These types of questions should be asked of your mate BEFORE you say I DO.  The answers should be used in deciding if you really want to marry them or not.
Well I guess this all means nothing being that me and you aren't no where near the same. You can't justify what will happen during marriage when you haven't even been married. You will know what will happen, when it is happening. Roles keh? What am I trying out for a part in a Play? grin My only role is to be his wife. . . . roles ko, guidelines ni. tongue
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by TheSly: 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2008
Cristalz:

@Sly

This dude took the words right out of my mouth. . .you diiiiiiiig? wink grin

And if all you do is walk out,then come back after she begs. . .whats the guarantee that she won't repeat it later,knowing all you'll do is leave then return after she begs at just the right pitch with the right frequency? grin
Don't get it twisted,
You can say its a mistake the first time, but the second time would most def'ly be borne out of her sheer stupidity.
I will only take it once, and if it happens again, End of marriage, That is if i am married to her bone-head already.
I deserve better than that. cool
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Hannibal: 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

That is my KID!! Not my forsaken HUSBAND!!!
Mufasa. . . . how can you compare the two? grin Anyways, if you give me an inch, i might take up a mile. Without even laying one hand on you. wink

The household is a food chain.
On top of the pyramid is the HUSBAND. . . .then the WIFE and down the ladder are the kids.
A woman slapping her husband is equivalent to a kid slapping his mother/father in ma own opinion.

When ur kid slaps u, u don't walk away and smile. . . . . . U have a go at him even though u LOVE him.
Same situation here, my slapping u back does not mean i don't love u. . . . I am just putting u in ur PLACE.
If u really love your MAN, u won't slap him.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by sistawoman: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

Well I guess this all means nothing being that me and you aren't no where near the same. You can't justify what will happen during marriage when you haven't even been married. You will know what will happen, when it is happening. Roles keh? What am I trying out for a part in a Play? grin My only role is to be his wife. . . . roles ko, guidelines ni. tongue

That is true all this talk about what you would do in marriage is just talk until you actually go thru it.

But this is the time frame in your life where the thought process starts.  This is the period in your life where you start to set up your negotiable and non-negotiable.  Where you start to understand what you will tolerate and what you wont.  Where you clearly define who you are as a woman and what type of man will be best suited for you.

Yes you are trying out for a part in a play is it the play of your life with what will hopefully be your first and only husband, your life partner.  If you play this part of your life correctly, line all your ducks up in a row you wont have to follow down the trial and error road that some of us had to travel.  You will be able to pick him right the first time, if it is God's will.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ Mufasa,
Did you even attempt to read my previous post?

onyinye2:

As I said before. . . . sometimes a woman can be going through some things you know. Has been having a really bad week, aint nothing going right, folk pulling her in every which way. And if she got kids, has to put everything aside and care for them. Not to mention have to make sure everybody is content and happy. Then her husband comes in, ranting and raging about this and that.

Not taking into consideration that his wife aint really in the mood to hear all that. And maybe just fell into the influence of emotions and took it out on you. Which will happen from time to time, just not phyiscally. As her LOVING husband, instead jumping on the gun and hitting her back, try to understand why she was provoked to hit you in the first place.

@sistawoman

I truly understand what you are saying but, if marriage is truly what you make it sound, like a play, then well i guess this chica gonna have to rethink such.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Cristalz(f): 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

. Roles keh? What am I trying out for a part in a Play? grin My only role is to be his wife. . . . roles ko, guidelines ni. tongue

Being a wife goes much deeper than answering his name and bearing his children dearie  wink  grin

@Sly

There we go grin  In the end you agree with Hannibal.  .  . you're just the  second-chance type. grin

@All the ''i'll just walk away'' guys

Get real,k? Be honest  grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2008
Onyinye2 would you like to be my wife?  grin
I promise never to slap you.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2008
davidylan:

Onyinye2 would you like to be my wife?  grin
I promise never to slap you.
LMAO!!! Mr. Opportunity is back in the flash.

Cristalz:

Being a wife goes much deeper than answering his name and bearing his children dearie  wink  grin

Of course i know that. I aint just going to bear his name, but i don't need pre-set guidelines to tell me what is expected of me.
Anyways. . . . I swear!!!!

Most of these guys will either:
A. Walk Away
B. [/b]Retaliate
[b]C.
Throw her out the house
D. Figure out why she hit him in the first place.

Oka fellas, state what letter you would abide by. . . . . grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by sistawoman: 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

@sistawoman

I truly understand what you are saying but, if marriage is truly what you make it sound, like a play, then well i guess this chica going to have to rethink such.

Please dont pass on marriage it is the most wonderful thing in the world, if you choose the man that best fits you.  No one can tell you who this man is but you.

But both of you have to "play" your part in the marriage.  Is not life but a big play?  Do you not play your role at work, school, with your parents.  Are there not guidelines, rules and expections with all other areas in your life.  And are there not equal or greater reactions to every action.

Marriage is just another part of life that a person chooses to do.  

Continue to explore who you are, he will come when the time is right.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by TheSly: 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2008
Cristalz:

Being a wife goes much deeper than answering his name and bearing his children dearie wink grin

@Sly

There we go grin In the end you agree with Hannibal. . . you're just the second-chance type. grin

Get real,k? Be honest grin

Would u like to be my wife?
Even if u slap me 100times which im sure u wouldn't. . . . . .We will solve it amicably. cheesy
So what Thy sayeth? cool
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by tope2000(f): 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2008
@POST
turn the other cheek and let her slap that one too. tongue
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2008
@sistawoman

I'm in my prime. I've got time before i even start to consider settling down with someone for the rest of my life.
Roles, guidelines, expectations, standards. . . . . so on and so forth are all things I'm not too cool with but hey give me a few years and who knows the outcome.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Hannibal: 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2008
Cristalz:

@Sly

There we go grin  In the end you agree with Hannibal.  .  . you're just the  second-chance type. grin

Most of em are serial pretenders. . . . . . .
They are playing the part of a gentleman to impress Onyinye and other women.
If a woman loves me, she won't go CRAZY in the head and slap me.
Arrant nonsense!! angry angry angry angry

onyinye2:

A. Walk Away
B. [/b]Retaliate
[b]C.
Throw her out the house

I am staying with OPTION B(Retaliation)!!!!
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by sistawoman: 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

@sistawoman

I'm in my prime. I've got time before i even start to consider settling down with someone for the rest of my life.
Roles, guidelines, expectations, standards. . . . . so on and so forth are all things I'm not too cool with but hey give me a few years and who knows the outcome.

fair enough.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

LMAO!!! Mr. Opportunity is back in the flash.

My future wife, why wont i be back?  grin
I have the ring waiting for you just let me know when you're ready.

Ok allow me to answer the query that this topic offers - if my wife slaps me what will i do?
To be honest, it will take a great deal of effort not to grab her wrists and give her a good taste of what may come her way if she ever attempts that again. Walking away is not reasonable . . . u're going to be back to her again anyway but since i loved her enough to marry her i'll be ok with an apology and a strong promise NEVER to do it again and then backed up with some extra-good behaviour.  smiley
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by StephenP(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

@sistawoman

3 years isn't that long.

tope2000:

@POST

The only thing that will be turning would be her as she's walking out my door
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

A. Walk Away
B. [/b]Retaliate
[b]C.
Throw her out the house

Option A - Not gonna happen.
Option B - Knowing myself, i wont be able to do so . . .
Option C - if she's got kids, no. If not she probably will spend that week out of my house.
Option D - long story.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

3 years isn't that long.
Depends how you look at. . . .

davidylan:

Option A - Not going to happen.
Option B - Knowing myself, i wont be able to do so . . .
Option C - if she's got kids, no. If not she probably will spend that week out of my house.
Option D - long story.
Option D seems to be the MOST reasonable.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by tope2000(f): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

The only thing that will be turning would be her as she's walking out my door

hehehehe
give her chance na, maybe the next time she will stab instead of a slap tongue
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by TheSly: 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hannibal:

[b]Most of em are serial pretenders. . . . . . .
They are playing the part of a gentlema[/b]n to impress Onyinye and other women.
If a woman loves me, she won't go CRAZY in the head and slap me.
Arrant nonsense!! angry angry angry angry

I am staying with OPTION B(Retaliation)!!!!
grin
grin grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by geolabious(m): 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2008
tope2000:

@POST
Aunty Tope(2000 too much of money)
U no lik me
i can see that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Handle A Promiscuous Sister? / Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) / How Can I Handle My Younger Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.