Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Ogboni Frat - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogboni Frat (104737 Views)

My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader / Powerful Herbalist And Ogboni Cult Ruler Gives His Life To Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogboni Frat by diddy4(m): 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2006
both of them are bad. face JESUS and forget this cult thingy. nothing good comes out of it.
Re: Ogboni Frat by kellorah: 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2006
yesoo
Re: Ogboni Frat by grafikdon: 5:55am On Jul 23, 2006
Do you guys really know for sure or is it another condemnation bandwagon? I have heard people actually pray asking God fervently to 'Mach' (Mach am! *stamps feet on the floor*) A.M.O.R.C and Grail Movement because they are 'evil' and 'drink blood', It was obvious to me they had absolutely no idea of what were talking about, I had to laugh off my @ss because their ignorance was hilarious. I have heard 'horrible' tales about Ogboni but never paid much attention and I hope it is not another gravely misunderstood fraternity.
Re: Ogboni Frat by creamdream: 10:13am On Jul 23, 2006
just looking around how are you will like to get to know about you, i don't mean too personal just on "share experience basis,  Whats up with the FRAT GIST, its nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by pati(f): 3:40am On Jul 24, 2006
i find it rather difficult to believe you don't know what the ogboni fraternity is all about shocked. Why the interest ? for whatever reason it is BE CAREFUL my dear
Re: Ogboni Frat by kellybaba(m): 10:34am On Jul 25, 2006
YINKAGAL, i was just waiting 4 ur last post cos i knew ab initio that u were onli sourcing 4 info.
I tnk God that i was proved rite.
Pls 4get d DEvil and his demon agents on earth masqueraduing as cults ! They r already condemned(xcept they repent) 2 eternal torment !

takia !
Re: Ogboni Frat by YinkaGal(f): 8:59pm On Jul 25, 2006
I just didn't know much about them, Yes I am sourcing for info.
Re: Ogboni Frat by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:02am On Jul 27, 2006
so what is wrong with drinking blood, we do worse things are do not have to belong to any sissy cult and we are stupidly poor too, I'd join a cult to detach myself from our euphoric (drunk on religion and sexy pastors) environment and get in with the angels,
Re: Ogboni Frat by YinkaGal(f): 9:48am On Jul 27, 2006
No, I didn't say I want to join anything. I am already a Christian.
I just want to research.
Re: Ogboni Frat by omonozozo(m): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2006
'' I`d rather live my life believing in God and die to find out that he doesn`t exist, rather then live my life not believing and die to find out that he does ''
Nice quote, cults baaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by ALAYI: 6:01am On Jul 28, 2006
How can every body on this bb be so ignorant and talk about a frat the know nothing about? First you should research the origin of ROF and then find out the criteria to becoming a member before you call it an evil cult. ROF is neither anti God nor anti religion instead it boasts many highly placed religious leaders as members. It is nothing more than a fraternity of brotherhood that somtimes do better things than followers of religions.
Re: Ogboni Frat by YinkaGal(f): 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2006
Re: Ogboni Frat by ALAYI: 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2006
I WISH I KNOW HOW TO GIVE YOU THE LINK, BUT A SEARCH OF REFORMED OGBONI FRATERNITY (ROF) WILL LEAD YOU TO MORE INFORMATION. HERE IS WHAT I CAN CUT AND PASTE

Français Contact Us Help Search Canada Site
Home What's New Site Map Forms Decisions

NGA37014.E 5 April 2001
Nigeria: Follow-up to NGA36834.E of 13 March 2001 on the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity

Research Directorate, Immigration and Refugee Board, Ottawa

The following information was provided in 28 March 2001 correspondence from the Olori Oluwo of the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity "who is the Head of the Fraternity as authorised by" its Constitution:

The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity (Inc.) was instituted on 18 December 1914 by a Clergyman, the late Hon. Archdeacon T.A.J. Ogunbiyi, CBE, L. Th of the Anglican Mission. It was later incorporated under the land (Perpetual Successions) Ordinance 1942 of the laws of the Federation of Nigeria on 17th day of June 1943.

It is a friendly society which stands for a system of morality and discipline, on the practice of Truthfulness, Honesty, Uprightness, Righteousness and Beneficence (the doing of good) with complete abstention from any taint of Maleficence (the doing of evil) in any shape or form. …

Before 1900 in Nigeria, it was the spread of foreign freemasonry and the seizure of control by the Europeans that impelled our nationalists then to begin to advocate the kind of indigenous freemasonry represented by societies like the ROF.

The founder emphasized its usefulness and members found in it stimulation for national aspirations. The ROF inculated the spirit of brotherliness and it embraces people of all creeds. Every member is expected to be a man or woman of respect and integrity, must confided absolutely in all members and help members in distress. Apart from its founder, the first sets of ROF initiates were Medical Doctors, Lawyers, Clergymen and successful BusinessMen and Merchants in the society. …

At formation, the ROF was named "Ogboni Fraternity of the Christians" but as time went on the founder considered it to admit his friends who are [sic] not Christians provided such entrants embrace a non-idolatrous belief in God. …

There is no given circumstance whatsoever in which membership in the ROF (inc.) would be compulsory for any Nigerian. For instance, it is not compulsory for my wife or children to be members except when it comes of their own volition.

There are no instances or circumstances as far as the ROF is concerned in which non-members will be placed at risk by ROF Activities. None at all. Like it was in Western Europe of the fifties with Communism, so it is with "Ogbonism" in Nigeria of today, highly misconstrued, vilified and misrepresented to our society as a bogey, a bugbear or an execrable evil, deserving only to be hated and abhorred. It is the handwork of our detractors. It is a pity. However one thing is certain, if the ROF is evil, the government ought to have proscribed it.

There are no "fetish" practices in the ROF that will in anyway place our members and non-members alike at any risk whatsoever, and my answer is equally applicable to the ROF initiation rituals.

The Olori Oluwo wrote that he was unable to provide any information on other groups using Ogboni in their name since he "subscribe[s]" only to the ROF (ibid.). When asked whether it is possible to distinguish "Ogboni" groups in Nigeria known as "campus-based cults" he responded: "it is highly confusing, as it is erroneous and misleading to equate the ROF with the deleterious so-called University Campus-based Cults. The ROF has no youth wing" (ibid.).

This Response is not, and does not purport to be, conclusive as to the merit of any particular claim to refugee status or asylum.

Reference

Reformed Ogboni Fraternity, Lagos, Nigeria. 28 March 2001. Correspondence from Olori Oluwo.

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by kellorah: 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2006
wow(!)
Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2006
Hello Everyone,

What the Hell are you people talking about?REFORMED OGBONI FRATERNITY ( ROF ) is the best thing that can happen to any nation in this planeth earth. Am not a member but I am praying to be a member very very soon, Infact am already making inquiries on how to join this noble brotherhood of Peace, love,harmony and Riches. If you know how I can join them please am begging you you try to write me immediately ,here is my email: honestysmith@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you for your ansers.

With Love Echidime
Republic of Cameroun
Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2006
Hello everyone,
I thank you all for your opinions but feels sad for your ignorance about the Prestigious REFORMED OGBONI FRATERNITY (ROF) remember Jesus said told his disciples, you have ears but cannot hear, have eyes but cannot see, I think you all belong to that category of people.

AM not yet a member but hope to be very very soon.

Bless be.

Echidime

Republic Of Cameroun
Central Africa

Email: honestysmit arobas yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2006
DEAR Ignorance people,

Here In Cameroun I heard that A Nigerian pastors burns his members to death, is that not satanic, you are all here talking nonsense.

If, there was no OGBONI (ROF) the world could have come to an end including you all.

Echidime
Cameroun
Re: Ogboni Frat by Idekeson(m): 1:07am On Aug 13, 2006
@Echidime,
You seem so ignorant and desperate. A dangerous combination for an uneducated mind.

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by Bandele(m): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2006
I think most of y'all are king james slaves that have been brainwashed by the colonialists.
Re: Ogboni Frat by global(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2006
WHAT THE HELL HAVE COME OVER PEOPLE HERE.WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS OGBONI STUFF HERE?
LET'S STOP THE ISSUE OF DISCUSSING ABOUT THIS OGBONI THING HERE.GOOD DAY ALL!!!
Re: Ogboni Frat by mrmayor(m): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2006
Most of what people post here FOR or AGAINST is all hearsay,no proof whatsoever either way.If anybody has got an actual experience with Ogboni or Reformed Ogboni they should state that.Knowledge is power,am curious about things I don't know.There is no need for Bible bashing.

Cheers
Re: Ogboni Frat by TYNN2(m): 5:03am On Aug 14, 2006
[[b]color=#000099]Look, ladies and Gentlemen. I wish to inform you all that it is time to search for our root and Indentity. All that  is said about ROF are Hearsay,sometime it suprises me to read at this point in time Black people still talking bad of their Original way of life. those of you that uses Christianity should practice it with respect to others Faith. If I am to point out something interesting and if someone there can put me right. IS THERE ANY PLACE IN THE BIBLE THAT REFLECT ON THE BLACK RACE? OR ANY ANGEL PICTURE THAT IS PAINTED BLACK? ALL BlACK PICTURE ARE PAINTED TO INDENTIFY HOW DEVIL IS LIKE. so to say Christianity is western religion. As a matter, the  concept of God is interpreted according to how you perceive it. All Great civilisation are Built by great men of great sect.( secret society). A research would convince you.
Any re
ligion you belong to is rule and managed by group of people of Special and Secret knowdlege. This comdermination and underating Of African Power, make Africa what there are now.  So stop saying thing you dont know, do research and be convince before you speak up. REFORM OGBONNI FRATERNITY IS NOT THE BADEST YOU THINK OF.  just like some churches that have bad menbers that stained its name, ROF is not excluded. but the organisation has not made  instruction for its members to do bad. they preach, peace,love, unity and happiness.   is time to stop talking bad of African religion. this low selfesteem or inferiority complex is distroying us. E.g. is Nigerian Authority Naglect and underate the great scientist of BIAFRA AMOUR WAR MACHINE  and relying on importation  only to start search when some are dead. STOP TALKING BAD  ABOUT THE PRESTIGOUS REFORM OGBONI FRATERNITY BECAUSE ITS NOT BAD.  [/color] [/b]
Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2006
[color=#990000][/color]

Hello TYNN2 Thank you so much for your wonderful letter in this forum, I love it. You sounds to be a member please can you write me at : honestysmith@yahoo.co.uk looking forward to hear from you soon please.

Echidime
Re: Ogboni Frat by TYNN2(m): 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2006
[b]Hi Echidime. 

you are in Africa according to your profile.  you can find your way into any African Prestigous Club there. They are not secret, but only seem so, to those who blocked  the development of their mind power and not ready to learn.
I beleive its time for Africa people to go into cultural Research to beleive policy  than reading and hearing only attitude.
There was a Church group sometime ago in Nigeria, that was preaching against the usage of Electronic applainces. Tv,Radio, etc was destroyed by the members because their leader called it Evil material.
Comderming the Sciencetist as setanic, because of their secret knowdlege.  Now the church is using Electronic public addressed system. everybody in this world benefit from this knowdlege now,and are happy to use Electronic device that work like Magic, but some are not ready to know what life and power force that these inventor explore. you may called SCIENCE but its more than we think.
We all came to this life with knowdlege to accheive ourgaols but the knowdlege alone the way got surpressed by hearsay and superticion, its time African should to stop conderming but seek to know. Stop follow, follow, brainwash policy of olden Emperalist and discover their indentity and power then use it  and practice for the benefit of themself and humanity.  No knowdlege is Evil but the way we use is.   [/b]
Re: Ogboni Frat by jacob2006: 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2006
Echidime and TYNN2, you guys are real i admire that in you; unlike some people using this forum that can not stand up to support their people in as much as they are not commiting murder. What are so grosteque about ROF or any other society? is it becuase they originated from Africa!!! What about smom and the rest from europe and america!!! they even have a sit at the united nations just like a country would,
Concerning they depiction of God and Angel in white and the devil in Black well God will have to answer for that whenever we meet trust me i will ask him, why slavery, why corruption, why are we so easily brain-washed and the likes, , cheers.
Re: Ogboni Frat by TYNN2(m): 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2006
jacob2006:

Echidime and TYNN2, you guys are real i admire that in you; unlike some people using this forum that can not stand up to support their people in as much as they are not commiting murder. What are so grosteque about ROF or any other society? is it becuase they originated from Africa!!! What about smom and the rest from europe and america!!! they even have a sit at the united nations just like a country would,
Concerning they depiction of God and Angel in white and the devil in Black well God will have to answer for that whenever we meet trust me i will ask him, why slavery, why corruption, why are we so easily brain-washed and the likes, , cheers.

JACOB. Maybe you could ask him why thousands of rwandan tutsis where murdered in his church without his intervention. don't forget the hurrican or millions jews kill by HITLER why he did not protect them and why some people suffer poverty and died with it despite 24 hours prayer  for help. guess more yourself. etc. (MAN MUST KNOW THYSELF).
Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2006
Hello Jacob,

Nice to meet you,your right. Is people like you I love to have as friends. please feel free to email me privately lets get going as friends. My email is on my last post.

With love
Echidime
Re: Ogboni Frat by westgirl33: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2006
Hello Yinka, Are u a nigeria?? Anyway.I am a nigeria and i know little about this frat.
The frat are of 2 different types,
1.)The Ogboni Fraternity
2.)The Refromed Ogboni Fraternity.

The Refromed Ogboni Fraternity is a cult society and they dont involve in bad activity, They are good people and they pratice christian religion, They help them self and they dont drink blood or harm them self,

I think The Ogboni Fraternity involve in the dirrty act and ritual aspect,

To conclude ,The Refromed Ogboni Fraternity are nice and good people,

There is difference between the two.
Thank You.
Re: Ogboni Frat by izoneb(f): 6:24am On Oct 04, 2006
Echidiime or whatever,that desperation that took u to Cameroon wants to drag you into a fraternity,take it easy am sure u r ready to do any thing right now.Take it easy please like your name says,there's a lot the future holds don't be too much in a hurry.Ogadinma!
Re: Ogboni Frat by Wumine(f): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2006
please my dear author of this trend, dont join ogboni for any reason at all. its evil and you wont know this till you are deep in it! please for the love of God,run for your dear life! shocked
Re: Ogboni Frat by Wumine(f): 9:51am On Oct 04, 2006
westgirl33:

Hello Yinka, Are u a nigeria?? Anyway.I am a nigeria and i know little about this frat.
The frat are of 2 different types,
1.)The Ogboni Fraternity
2.)The Refromed Ogboni Fraternity.

The Refromed Ogboni Fraternity is a cult society and they don't involve in bad activity, They are good people and they pratice christian religion, They help them self and they don't drink blood or harm them self,

I think The Ogboni Fraternity involve in the dirrty act and ritual aspect,

To conclude ,The Refromed Ogboni Fraternity are nice and good people,

There is difference between the two.
Thank You.

so you are trying to tell us that there is a different between a white witch and a black witch? my dear, a witch is a witch. there is nothing reformed about ogboni, its just a change of name to make it look more inviting. please dont confuse yourself, ogboni is ogoni nd there is nothing good in it, IT IS EVIL! thought you said you know little about it.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Bolarge(m): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2006
As with practically every occult(and the totality of satan's devices at that)they present a harmless, social,maybe even altruistic front but in reality are devilish and guarantee the perdition prescribed for the enemies of GOD,angelic and human.
Majority of the members end up hating themselves for ever joining and would do anything to rescind the decision to join and reverse the covenants made at the initiation rites but unfortunately have to cower under the threats,intimidations and sanctions such action would elicit from their master(the devil) and their"brothers".
Anyone with an iota of sense and morality will flee this satanic contraption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" / Apostle Suleman's Face As Stephanie Otobo Confesses In His Church (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.