Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Ogboni Frat - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogboni Frat (104739 Views)

My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader / Powerful Herbalist And Ogboni Cult Ruler Gives His Life To Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogboni Frat by Johnpaul43: 2:25am On May 19, 2012
I have decided to a member of ogboni rof , i need to be rich in life . Plz i need a person who can lead me into, plz email; noc9005@yahoo.com plz i will be looking forward for more information
Re: Ogboni Frat by Giogys: 8:47am On May 19, 2012
Hi,any body interested in joining ROF should go to the administrative headquarters in Lagos for more info on how to become a member of the fraternity.Seek and you shall find.(38 Abeokuta street lagos)
Re: Ogboni Frat by Johnpaul43: 9:08am On May 19, 2012
Plz i need a member who can introduce because i cant just go there without a member, plz i need a help i really to be rich in life, thanks and waitting your urgent responds@ noc9005@yahoo.com

Re: Ogboni Frat by Observer1: 11:43am On May 24, 2012
For those that want to join the ROF,pls send email to reformedogboni@ymail.com
include your location so that someone in ur region will get back to u.

Godbless.

Re: Ogboni Frat by Kco1: 3:36pm On May 24, 2012
@observe,i av send many emails before and even now but no reply.you can confrim my email address (dkelvin60@yahoo.com).i send an email to that address u posted for those that want to be member.my no is 08133245819.thank you.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Kco1: 3:37pm On May 24, 2012
@observe,i av send many emails before and even now but no reply.you can confrim my email address (dkelvin60@yahoo.com).i send an email to that address u posted for those that want to be member.my no is 08133245819.thank you..
Re: Ogboni Frat by Kco1: 3:48pm On May 24, 2012
Observer1:
For those that want to join the ROF,pls send email to reformedogboni@ymail.com
include your location so that someone in ur region will get back to u.

Godbless.
.@observer,i av send many emails but no reply,u can confrim my address is (dkelvin60@yahoo.com) i send email to that address who want to be member.my no is 08133245819.thank you.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Giogys: 6:02pm On May 24, 2012
hi to all faithfuls who want to be part of the great family.I will like to repeat here that if you are interested in joining ROF,you go strait to the administrative headquarters in lagos.there you will meet people to tell you all you will need to hear.
Hope to meet you someday in the family house
Re: Ogboni Frat by Observer1: 9:59am On May 25, 2012
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Ogboni Frat by Kco1: 1:15pm On May 26, 2012
@observe,ojo lagos,30 yrs.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Kco1: 1:17pm On May 26, 2012
Observer1: @KCO

Am in london branch,but,I can pass u on,what location and age re u?
@observe,ojo lagos,30yrs
Re: Ogboni Frat by Giogys: 9:55am On Jun 27, 2012
Hi,where are you located in nigeria?
Re: Ogboni Frat by Johnpaul43: 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
I m in anambra base in onistha plz direct me somebody who can introduce me thanx
Re: Ogboni Frat by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 11, 2012
dabriggs: OGBONI IS A CULT GROUP THAT ACTUALLY EXISTS.

IT STARTED OUT A LONG TIME AGO FROM WESTERN NIGERIA INTO BENIN REPUBLIC. IT IS MAINLY DOMINANT IN NIGERIA. IN THE IFE(YORUBA) AND BENIN (MIDDLE BELT NIGERIA) KINGDOMS THEY WERE PART OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE ARM OF TRADITIONAL GOVERNANCE.

THEY HAVE GROWN OVER THE YEARS TO INFLUENCE POLITICS ETC. IN NIGERIA.

PLEASE NOTE THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD ''CULT''.

THERE EXISTS TODAY A REFORMED ORDER OF THE OGBONI FRATERNITY WHICH EMBRACES MEMBERSHIP OF YOUNGER PEOPLE TODAY.

IT IS NOT A FRATERNITY YOU JUST GO TO THEIR GATE AND SAY ''HI CAN I JOIN YOU TODAY?''. YOU MUST HAVE SERIOUS RECOMMENDATIONS AND SPONSORS TO BE ABLE TO JOIN. OR YOU MUST BE VERY IMPORTANT IN THE SOCIETY.

TO JOIN OR NOT IS A MATTER OF CHOICE!
by serious
recommendation u mean.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2012
dabriggs: OGBONI IS A CULT GROUP THAT ACTUALLY EXISTS.

IT STARTED OUT A LONG TIME AGO FROM WESTERN NIGERIA INTO BENIN REPUBLIC. IT IS MAINLY DOMINANT IN NIGERIA. IN THE IFE(YORUBA) AND BENIN (MIDDLE BELT NIGERIA) KINGDOMS THEY WERE PART OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE ARM OF TRADITIONAL GOVERNANCE.

THEY HAVE GROWN OVER THE YEARS TO INFLUENCE POLITICS ETC. IN NIGERIA.

PLEASE NOTE THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD ''CULT''.

THERE EXISTS TODAY A REFORMED ORDER OF THE OGBONI FRATERNITY WHICH EMBRACES MEMBERSHIP OF YOUNGER PEOPLE TODAY.

IT IS NOT A FRATERNITY YOU JUST GO TO THEIR GATE AND SAY ''HI CAN I JOIN YOU TODAY?''. YOU MUST HAVE SERIOUS RECOMMENDATIONS AND SPONSORS TO BE ABLE TO JOIN. OR YOU MUST BE VERY IMPORTANT IN THE SOCIETY.

TO JOIN OR NOT IS A MATTER OF CHOICE!
nt just any1 can join.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
babs787: Ogboni secret cult

The word ‘Ogboni’ has a lot of meanings. Ogboni may mean – odidi eni so ogun, which means one who can kidnap a complete man for ritual

Another meaning goes thus – the club or cudgel (weapon) of assault and death

Ogboni is known as ‘osugbo’ to ijebu tribe of Yorubas and ‘osugbo’ means ‘the cult of old age’. The word ‘osugbo’ is derived from the cox comb tuft of hair left on the head after it has been cut, and that is the sign of old age.

Ogboni or osugbo can be translated in another way as ‘egbe arugbo’, the ‘conclave of gey haired men.

In ile-ife, ‘ogboni’ is known as ‘imole’ ‘aborigines’ which is another name given to ‘ogboni’ mostly in Oyo State. ‘gori’ is the name that the Hausas give to the ‘ogbonis’

We have other cults similar to ‘ogboni’ and some are

1. Freemansory secret cult
2. Grand United order of odd fellows
3. The Church of Ligh secret cult
4. Rosicrucian Amorc secret cult
5. Loyal order of ancient shepherds cult
6. Ancient Order of foresters secret cult
7. The U.B.F. secret cult

All the above were founded in European and American countries. Lets read the ‘ogboni’ cult of other Africans too

8. Sande and poro secret cult in Sierra leone
9. Mumo
10. Ndi-dibia
11. Ozo in Eastern part of Nigeria
12. Ekpo Secret cult
13. Ekpe secret cult for Ibibio in Nigeria
14. Gboya secret cult
15. Ndako secret cult
16. Igunnuko secret cult in Nupe tribe of Niger State of Nigeria
17. Zanigbeto secret cult in Port Novo
18. Alekwu secret cult
19. Idoma secret cult all in Idoma tribe in Benue State
20. Ndiche secret cult in Onitsha, Anambra State

Etc

In the olden days before the advent of western civilization, ogboni was a very powerful organization in which all powers belong to.

They are the political organizers in Yoruba land, established for the purpose of maintaining law and order, they deal with criminal charges and settle civil disputes. They discuss general issues concerning the well being of the community. They are the ‘king makers’ and also have power to expel any king from his throne. If any king misbehaved, ogboni will send a secret sign called ‘aroko’ in which the king will die upon receiving same. The secret cult sign ‘aroko’ is ‘parrot’s egg” in white calabach.

Among the egbas and the Ijebus, ogboni were the chief executives and the judiciary in the olden days and had judicial powers which of course extended to life and death.

Their meeting day

Ogboni meets on every 17 days unless there is an emergency. They do meet around midnight where nobody will see them maybe as a result of their uniform

Their annual festival

Like others, ogboni secret cult have many kinds of festival. When its time for the festival, the man in charge called ‘ashipa’ will announce the festival day and everybody will prepare for the day. On that day, the first thing they will do is the washing of their ‘father’ and ‘mother’ – the two images of Edan that ogboni believes to be the image of Adam and Eve.

They wash the edan with Odundun leaf, otito leaf, sefunfun leaf, ogbo leaf etc. after washing the idols, they will put them on a very white cloth and ask from ‘edan’ what wil be this year’s sacrifice and whatever it requests, they will provide be it killing of human being.

Dressing of the ogboni

You can identify an ogboni chief with a large trousers with double wrappers, heavy beads on his neck and a broad brimmed hat on his head.

You can also see the ogboni with single broad clothe worn like toga.

We also have chieftains in ogboni but will not go into that because of space.

Ogboni Reformed Fraternity (ORF)

The venerable Archdeacon, Reverend Thomas Adeshina Jacobson Ogunbiyi was the founder of the ROF. He was born in Isale Eko, Lagos Nigeria. He was the only African archdeacon of the Anglican Communion of his time.

The man was the most distinguished commander of the Britis Empire (BE) as well as the Honourable member of the Legislative Council (MLC). He was also the Licentiate of Theology. He was a spiritual church leader and an innovator who introduced things into the church such as celebration of harvest festival into the Anglican Church in 1910 A.D and at the  Holy Trinity Church, Ebute Metta in Lagos State

Ogunbiyi was the man who first put public Christian revival services in practice in 1913 AD  when he founded the Lagos Keswick Convention

Through ogunbiyi, Nigerian churches put their heads together to form a body at Onitsha in 1943 AD known as (CCN) Christian Council of Nigeria with the company of all eminent churches of that time such as

1. CMS (church missionary society) known then as Anglican
2. he Methodist church (Wesleyans then)
3. the salvation Army Church
4. the Baptist church

he was a member of ogboni ibile in lagos city. A member of ogboni aborigine in Abeokuta and also a member of osugbo cult in Ijebuland

ogunbiyi was the first olori apena of the fraternity. He died on june 19, 1952

propagators

1. T.A.J. Ogunbiyi was the founder and the first olori Apena of ROF. He was a strong member of the churches like Anglican church as well as catholics. He was a reverend, venerable, archdeacon, politician, doctor, lawyer and a businessman.
2. sir Adeyemo Alakija was the first Olori Oluwo. He was a top member and a leader in the Roman Catholic Church. He was lawyer, politician, journalist and a businessman. He was the chairman of the board of director of NPP & co., the publishers of Nigerian Daily Times in 1926
3. we also have sir adetokunbo adegboyega ademola as the second olori oluwo
4. sir chief david adekunle olaiya adeniji
5. madam joke peters
6. chief j. oladeinde
7. reverend M. somade cole. The vicar of Christ church cathedral

etc, the list continues. I have to stop here because of space.

rily informative need 2 know more pls.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Ptolomeus(m): 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
Please
excuse my ignorance, but someone could explain what they have in common with the cult Ogboni:
"1. CMS (Church Missionary Society) Then Known as Anglican
2. I Baptist church (Wesleyans then)
3. the Salvation Army Church
4. the Baptist church "?
Re: Ogboni Frat by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2012
Ogaga4Luv: [size=13pt]I can give anyone interested the connection oh how to become a member-- though , im not in the country for now , i can link you to the head office of warri of delta state and the office in calabar , cross riverstate.[/size]
pls do.

Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 4:34am On Sep 15, 2012
http://www.reformedogboni.com/ all our informations are there live. Only the pure in heart can join
Re: Ogboni Frat by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
Echidime: http://www.reformedogboni.com/ all our informations are there live. Only the pure in heart can join
stop giving websites.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Ptolomeus(m): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
Wumine:

so you are trying to tell us that there is a different between a white witch and a black witch? my dear, a witch is a witch. there is nothing reformed about ogboni, its just a change of name to make it look more inviting. please dont confuse yourself, ogboni is ogoni nd there is nothing good in it, IT IS EVIL! thought you said you know little about it.
Witchcraft is neither white nor black. Simply is brukería
Europeans call to all evil BLACK ... So have "educated" Africans, saying that Africans are inferior. Apparently, you learned well the lesson of Europe.
You should know that witchcraft has its origins in Europe, not in Africa. Ignorance of Europeans, they did called "witchcraft" many African religions and traditions ... Apparently you also know what is witchcraft.
Confusing African witchcraft with any activity is a demonstration of ignorance, mental slavery, submission to the European masters, lack of respect for the ancestors and traditions.
You should learn first, what does the word "witchcraft" and its etymology.
There are more Christian witchcraft in a session in which supposedly "remove demons", drink holy water, etc.. than any African cult.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 6:45am On Oct 07, 2012
There is nothing like Witchcraft,there is only one power flowing from one source GOD, but been applied by people and religion in different ways. All powers belongs to God and God is one.

Africans should learn to appreciate what God has giving them and the means to attend him,for prosperity to rain on them,stop following Westerners,our culture is superior to theirs,that is why they are always looking for ways to come back and collect more
Re: Ogboni Frat by walex4best: 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
Can anyone tell me the office of ogboni in Abuja.
Re: Ogboni Frat by TarryFour: 12:37am On May 05, 2013
Wallex4best,
Watch this before heading for their Abuja office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcx0mozgwmE
Re: Ogboni Frat by TarryFour: 12:38am On May 05, 2013
And Echiedime,
I have another video for you also, but coming soon.
Re: Ogboni Frat by hinduism(f): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
Your Youtube video is fake ,no image, 419ners. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ogboni Frat by Emperor4God(m): 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
hinduism: Your Youtube video is fake ,no image, 419ners. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=14pt]HINDUISM DON'T BE SURPRISED MANY ARE DECEIVING PEOPLE FOR THE DEVIL[/size]

Fred Hammond has for a long time been a member of Freemasonry, which is a surprise as he tends to sing good gospel music.

But looking at a lot of his pictures those would with masonic knowledge are able to tell he is a Freemason.

See below he goes to sing in a Freemason Temple.

http://emperorundertheking..co.uk/2013/09/fred-hammond-is-freemason-this-will.html

[img]http://4.bp..com/-LqmPFf7D2mQ/Ukc0NuWsxJI/AAAAAAAAAN0/8DPXox562Ao/s640/Fred+Hammond+Mason+Temple+PAGE.jpg[/img]

[size=16pt]For detailed revelation see link below[/size]

http://emperorundertheking..co.uk/2013/09/fred-hammond-is-freemason-this-will.html
Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
People should stop causing themselves and their loved ones by talking negatively about what they do not know,better to join us and get first hand information than destroying your life, R.O.F is our God giving way of approaching Him,and God have been,He is still and He will always answer our Prayers we made to Him through the medium of R.O.F, we are open to all to join both male and female.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Emperor4God(m): 4:34am On Oct 17, 2013
Echidime: People should stop causing themselves and their loved ones by talking negatively about what they do not know,better to join us and get first hand information than destroying your life, R.O.F is our God giving way of approaching Him,and God have been,He is still and He will always answer our Prayers we made to Him through the medium of R.O.F, we are open to all to join both male and female.

For those that dont know the idol called R.O.F is the idol of Reformed Ogboni Fraternity

Guys una see how devil don dabaru our people?
Re: Ogboni Frat by Tiphareth(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
Dear All, I have followed and read with interest all what people have been saying about this topic. I have been very patient to comment because I wanted to read what everyone has said before commenting. Here is my 15- point contribution based on my knowledge, experience and exposures on religious matters:
(1) Ogboni Fraternity is an African Traditional Religion (ATR) with many factions just like Christianity with different types. The most popular is the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity (ROF) and the Aborigine Ogboni Fraternity (AOF)
(2) Both the ROF and the AOF were derived from the Yoruba IFA/Orisha traditional religion which recognises and worships GOD through the Yoruba pantheons like Sango, Obatele, Osun, Ogun, Orunmila, etc.
(3) The Ibo version of Ogboni is the Odinala traditional religion which worships GOD through Chi (one's guardian angel), Amadioha, Ikenga, Agwu, Ezenwayi, etc
(4) The Western version of Ogboni is Christianity religion which worships GOD through Jesus and other dieties and saints found in the Bible.
(5) The Eastern version of Ogboni is Islam religion which worships GOD through Mohammed and other Islamic Saints found in the Holy Quran.
(6) Other eastern versions of Ogboni are Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc which worship GOD through Buddha, Krishna, etc as found in their Holy Books.
(7) In a nutshell, The Greeks worship their own God, Indians their own God, Chinese their own Gods, Israelites their own God, Saudi Arabian their own God, etc. The people of these countries are promoting their gods and Culture and don't regard their God as evil.
(cool Africans that worship their own God through Ogboni and Odinala are constantly stigmatised by their ignorant African brothers and sisters and are accused of worshipping the Devil.
(9) The Stigma attached to worshippers of ATR led to the formation of the ROF which tries to incorporate some masonic styles into Ogboni to make it look western by admitting only Christians and Muslims only in a bid to make the Colonial masters accept the fraternity because they tried to eradicate Ogboni and hence, our African culture completely in other to steal our wealth.
(10)Conclusively, Ogboni, Odinala, Freemansons, Grail Message, AMORC, Eckankar, Golden Dawn, Martinism, etc are the esoteric parts of our exoteric religions and there is NOTHING absolutely EVIL in belonging to any of them at all.
(11) People who seek to belong to these Fraternities are those who are fed up with the exoteric religions and are seeking to know and understand GOD better and to be in union with their Holy Guardian Angel. They know that this Union will protect them, eradicate earthly problems through obeying the inexorable Laws of Nature: "DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD LIKE OTHERS TO DO UNTO YOU"
(12) There are a number of Bad eggs in all these fraternities and religions and to generalise that any of them is bad due to a minority is stereotyping and like calling every Muslim in London and American a terrorist.
(13) GOD is so mighty and magnificent that only ONE religion, fraternity or mode of worship cannot encompass HIM. That is why we are all different in colours, race, languages, tribes, countries, religions, height, riches, etc, etc.
(14) Let us all come together and WORSHIP God in which ever method we believe in and STOP criticizing those ways we do not believe, knowing fully well that ALL things emanate from GOD.
(15) No single religion, fraternities or mode of worship is superior, what matters is the individual person's devotion and practice of LOVE. But since in all these religions, GOD is somewhat worshipped indirectly through Our Forefathers (Mohammed, Jesus, Buddha, Orunmila, Obatele, Krishna, etc. It becomes logical IMHO, to worship God through our traditional pantheons; perhaps, our prayers may be quickly answered as "Blood is thicker than Water"

In the Light of the Greater Lights.
Tiphareth LVX.

Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Tiphareth: Your right at what you wrote,Africans are the cause of their own problems,for neglecting their God giving mood of worship. Even the Bible Admonished us not to worship any other God except him ,for he is a jealous God,how can a whole race of people, abandon their God and mood of worship and go for a foreign God whom they do not know? and expect to be prosperous and peaceful

Re: Ogboni Frat by Dynamique: 1:37am On Nov 10, 2013
Echidime: @Tiphareth: Your right at what you wrote,Africans are the cause of their own problems,for neglecting their God giving mood of worship. Even the Bible Admonished us not to worship any other God except him ,for he is a jealous God,how can a whole race of people, abandon their God and mood of worship and go for a foreign God whom they do not know? and expect to be prosperous and peaceful
Is human sacrifice involved in ROF? and what is the age limit?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" / Apostle Suleman's Face As Stephanie Otobo Confesses In His Church (Photo)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65