Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. (7984 Views)

‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / Buhari Will Collapse Before Election "Ghanaian Prophet" / “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by PurestBoy(m): 4:58am On Sep 28, 2008
engineerd:

All ibos should be banned from Nairaland.

Anuofia, onye iberibe, ewu, chineke po gi okun, otun nnegi tufiakwa, I pray one day you'll understand what I call you
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 28, 2008
engineerd:

Only an illiterate would make this comment.

All illiterate should be banned from NL
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by PurestBoy(m): 5:21am On Sep 28, 2008
engineerd:

You deserve to be spanked
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2008
hahahahaha, oh my gosh! i knew i was gonna get this sort of reaction. Anyways i still think all u freakin ibo's should be banned from Nairaland. Maybe u guys can go create ur own network site and name it Biafra Land, since Nigeria is not good enough for you all and since yoruba/hausas are illiterates. Freakin backward booty scratching monkeys, thats to yall that responded to my assertion that ibo's should be banned from Nairaland,
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2008
hahahahaha, oh my gosh! i knew i was gonna get this sort of reaction. Anyways i still think all u freakin ibo's should be banned from Nairaland. Maybe u guys can go create ur own network site and name it Biafra Land, since Nigeria is not good enough for you all and since yoruba/hausas are illiterates. Freakin backward booty scratching monkeys, thats to yall that responded to my assertion that ibo's should be banned from Nairaland,
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2008
@ Ruby Pearl,
I guess the word illiterate is subjective, i would not like this to degenerate into an exchange of insults, but since u went there, u have just shown the whole world that she-goats are capable of using the internet. I don't support the banning of she-goats on Nairaland, so dont fret, just keep bleating! KWASIA!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by ikeyman00(m): 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2008
hahahahaha, oh my gosh! i knew i was going to get this sort of reaction. Anyways i still think all u freakin ibo's should be banned from Nairaland. Maybe u guys can go create ur own network site and name it Biafra Land, since Nigeria is not good enough for you all and since yoruba/hausas are illiterates. Freakin backward booty scratching monkeys, thats to yall that responded to my assertion that ibo's should be banned from Nairalan

yoruba self-servicer!! oloshi ewu
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by naijaking1: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2008
The tragedy of this situation is that even if the federal government is unable to fix the bridge they should give up ownership of the road and bridge in question so that the local people, private/public groups could get together fix it?
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2008
LOL @ yoruba self-servicer statement, how do u know i am yoruba u might be wrong about that part my friend, maybe not wrong about the self-servicer part though, LOL, But seriously, Just one question, how come ibos always complain so much about Nigeria and all  Igbo Kwenu!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2008
engineerd:

@ Ruby Pearl,
I guess the word illiterate is subjective, i would not like this to degenerate into an exchange of insults, but since u went there, u have just shown the whole world that she-goats are capable of using the internet. I don't support the banning of she-goats on Nairaland, so don't fret, just keep bleating! KWASIA!
I was going to say sth, but I dare not insult the she-goats in your family, who gave you the guts to insult another tribe when your own is not stable. So, its best not to go back-n-forth with you.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2008
LOL, there aren't any she goats in my family, sorry to dissappoint u there, I know u were probably gonna call my mother a she goat, i commend u for showing some form of restraint with respect to dat, K Lets put the insults aside. I was not Insulting ur "Tribe", Like u rightly mentioned, there is no point in going back and forth with me, pweety lady! Are u ibo??
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2008
engineerd:

LOL, there aren't any she goats in my family, sorry to dissappoint u there, I know u were probably going to call my mother a she goat, i commend u for showing some form of restraint with respect to that, K Lets put the insults aside. I was not Insulting ur "Tribe", Like u rightly mentioned, there is no point in going back and forth with me, pweety lady! Are u ibo??
Just because am not Igbo does not mean I should not feel disappointed. Esp from a person from a country who wants to unite. Yes, that's going to happen anytime soon by the way we're throwing punches around undecided
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Gamine(f): 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2008
e neva collapse undecided

This is why i hate this political section,

instead of spending time yapping, they could be physically saving that Bridge

Chei

Nigerians and talk talk! undecided undecided
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 28, 2008
@ Ruby_perl,
i apologize for my earlier comment! (gosh dat took a lot out of me), ok, pele omo dara dara, i will give u sweet smiley. Really, i apologize, But be honest, u are ibo, dats why u got so pissed!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 28, 2008
engineerd:

@ Ruby_perl,
i apologize for my earlier comment! (gosh that took a lot out of me), ok, pele omo dara dara, i will give u sweet smiley. Really, i apologize, But be honest, u are ibo, that is why u got so pissed!
If you know you did sth wrong, you should be willing to apologize. It shouldn't be hard wink
Omo yoruba ni mi
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by alex406(m): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2008
Una never plenty reach, Whisked animal.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by chusben(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2008
Looking @Idupaul's post i can see where this game all started and looking at the picture once more you can find out that an Ibo man is not there. My question now is why did they refuse to include an Ibo man in their game?
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by chusben(m): 9:28am On Sep 29, 2008
Looking @ Idupaul's post you can now see where all these games started from and looking at the pics once more you can find out that an Ibo man is not there. Only God knows when this game will stop.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by idupaul: 9:38am On Sep 29, 2008
Thats one solid point uv made mr ben chus, why was an Ibo officer nt there playing the game.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by PurestBoy(m): 10:28am On Sep 29, 2008
alex406:

Una never plenty reach, Whisked animal.

Bros no mind them. Yoruba onye ofe n manu. Obasanjo jagajaga
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2008
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by obatoro: 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2008
This is supposed to be an important issue but you have made it so ambiguous that it has lost its relevance. If you want to talk about the Niger bridge, then talk about the Niger bridge ,if you want to talk about MASSOB talk about MASSOB, if you wan to talk about Igbo presidency then talk about it and if you want to talk about marginalization talk about it.
Your choice of words:
1.(this illiterate and wicked Hausa/Yoruba government )- an illiterate is one who could not read or write and one of the tribes you referred to as illiterate own this site.

2.(Until MASSOB start to carry arms )- are you happy with what they were doing by chasing fellow igbos out of their houses and forcefully occupying them or the harassment on fellow igbos before they were put under check?

3.(This is why i still believe that only, and i repeat, only an Igbo president will take bold steps )- presidents are supposed to be elected, you know how difficult it always is for igbos to step down for one candidate to clearly emerge.

4.(these crooks that we are caged in the same country with)- only animals live in cage and i don't believe that you are one ?

5.(No good roads, no international airport, no sea port, )- what is the governor doing about the local roads that are not motorable and the rate of filth on the streets of onitsha? let's borrow a leaf from Cross River and Akwa Ibom that is developing their own states to world class standard.

6.(and now, a bridge that will soon collapse and kill no other people than Igbo sons and daughters.)- the bridge is used by people of all tribes daily.

Let's be mindful of what w say and how we talk about our country outsiders will not come and develop it for us. we have no other country to go . East or West home is the best. I've travelled to not less than 18 countries around the world, Nigeria is still the one i love.
Nigerians are intelligent people, Nigerians are hardworking people and Nigeria is a place to be proud of. don't follow the western media to pull down your own country.

Nigeria is blessed. Happy independence!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by chessguru(m): 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2008
well, many unseen bridges collapse everyday in Nigeria!!, Rule of law bridge, justice bridge, ETC worse than anything physical
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Gbosko: 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2008
@ QuotaSyste,

You are so filled with acrimony and hatred that it becomes very difficult for you to put forward this very serious matter in a simple, logic and yet, stimulating manner. Your attempt to express anger, frustration, hatred, and yet, draw pity; all on the same page, appears to have back fired megally. That is why some people on this forum would rather prefer reacting to the humorous aspect of your comical goofs. Not everybody is as angry as you are. I suggest you undertake some refresher courses on communication skills.
Now to the issue at hand. If a bridge that had been in use for over 40years without any recorded history of any major turn around maintenance begins showing signs of failure at this point in time, then that is very serious!!! I hope someone down there in Nigeria will quickly reach across to those dummies at the National house of assembly and the relevant parastatals before a catastrophe of unequaled dimension is unleashed soon. Perhaps, QuotaSyste could help by writing a hotmail to all Senators representing the Eastern senatorial districts. Sadly, history tends to make me think that some knida BANG might have to sound before the federal government moves it's Arce and behave responsible.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Gbosko: 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2008
The poster's (QuotaSyste's) views and line of argument is a sad commentary about everything wrong about this country. Nobody admits that he owns part of the responsibility for the problem in his neighborhood. The best people can do is to keep pointing accusing fingers at so called illiterate and embezzling ruling class. No country ever moves forward this way. Sadder still, the poster will likely be less than 40years old (What could be termed a modern day Nigerian) yet his mind had become so 4fked up and crippled with tribalism and bitterness. Happy Independence to Nigeria at 48 (!!**(@$#%%@Shit)
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2008
Is the poster the only tribalistic person on here? I see over 95% of the responses on the topic seem to follow the same tone. The @Poster is not the only guilty party here.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by DisGuy: 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Is the poster the only tribalistic person on here? I see over 95% of the responses on the topic seem to follow the same tone. The @Poster is not the only guilty party here.

but when you start a thread with rants here and there. . . .

obatoro:

This is supposed to be an important issue but you have made it so ambiguous that it has lost its relevance. If you want to talk about the Niger bridge, then talk about the Niger bridge ,if you want to talk about MASSOB talk about MASSOB, if you wan to talk about Igbo presidency then talk about it and if you want to talk about marginalization talk about it.
Your choice of words:
1.(this illiterate and wicked Hausa/Yoruba government )- an illiterate is one who could not read or write and one of the tribes you referred to as illiterate own this site.

2.(Until MASSOB start to carry arms )- are you happy with what they were doing by chasing fellow igbos out of their houses and forcefully occupying them or the harassment on fellow igbos before they were put under check?

3.(This is why i still believe that only, and i repeat, only an Igbo president will take bold steps )- presidents are supposed to be elected, you know how difficult it always is for igbos to step down for one candidate to clearly emerge.

4.(these crooks that we are caged in the same country with)- only animals live in cage and i don't believe that you are one ?

5.(No good roads, no international airport, no sea port, )- what is the governor doing about the local roads that are not motorable and the rate of filth on the streets of onitsha? let's borrow a leaf from Cross River and Akwa Ibom that is developing their own states to world class standard.

6.(and now, a bridge that will soon collapse and kill no other people than Igbo sons and daughters.)- the bridge is used by people of all tribes daily.

Let's be mindful of what w say and how we talk about our country outsiders will not come and develop it for us. we have no other country to go . East or West home is the best. I've travelled to not less than 18 countries around the world, Nigeria is still the one i love.
Nigerians are intelligent people, Nigerians are hardworking people and Nigeria is a place to be proud of. don't follow the western media to pull down your own country.

Nigeria is blessed. Happy independence!

well done!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by DisGuy: 11:31pm On Sep 29, 2008
affee:

you don't just get it

this bridge is not the responsibility of the state govt
it is not on a state road, but a federal road
the third mainland bridge is the conection from all the big people (politicians,ambassadors etc) the Island to the airport
how many big people they use onitsha bridge

let us tell ourselves the truth if that brige was in Kaduna or Kano
it would have been fixed a long time ago no tribal sentiments intended

so since big men from the region including the state government officials dont use the bridge
They wont do anything about it? (anything as in get the minister to do something urgently!!)
where is the minister from anyway-not that it matters but. . . .
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Blackcat(f): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2008
Wahala go shele this xmas if this brigde collapses!!! Millions of Nigerians travel via this bridge to the north and south for xmas holidays. This is a serious matter oh!!! angry
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Ifygurl: 9:42am On Sep 30, 2008
Wow poster you need help. I'm igbo but goddamn, you sound so trabilist. This is the reason i say Massob and OPC is a trabilist group. I mean there's a way to say thngs without insulting other tribe.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 30, 2008
@poster[b]s[/b]

Foolish nigerians!!!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Blackcat(f): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2008
nuzo:

@poster[b]s[/b]

Foolish nigerians!!!

Foolish nuzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo / Abia Unrest: See What A Nigerian Soldier From Nsukka Posted On Facebook(photos) / P&ID: FG Secures Variation Of UK Court Order On $200m Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.