Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. (7986 Views)

‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / Buhari Will Collapse Before Election "Ghanaian Prophet" / “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by PiMpjUiCe1: 11:53am On Sep 30, 2008
truth is i try not to be tribalstic at times, but when a frustrated tribalistic man starts generalising then we got serious problems to deal with, for u to generalise that yorubas and hausas are in a sort of alliance against the ibos only goes to show ur own ignorance.
here's a little lesson from hstoryy.

if u r one of those who believe awolowo and d yorubas betrayed the ibos during biafra then maybe u should ask ojukwu why he invited awolowo to come join him in a war awolowo was not prepared to fight. what would u have him do? join u in a war u planned and were prepared for. he was too  smart for all that. no businessman will invest in a business he's not sure of,

then the issue of obasanjo, ask ur fathers who are conversant with history, obasanjo is a well known bastard yoruba man, he has been since awolowo summoned all yoruba top ranking military officers to brief them of ojukwu's pland and sought their opinion,  Obajo was first to raise his hand to speak, quoting him, he said, " i swore to defend the integrity of the nigerian nation not yoruba nation", i guess that explains why he and the awoist will never agree on anything, he didnt even win the presidential primary in front of his house in 1999, yet he had sweeping victory in iboland. what the Bleep are u now talking about, oh boi dont bleeping talk about my people like u fcukingknow them inside out cos u dont bleeping know ish. and truth is it wont bleeping go down well with some of us who have a little knowledge of how 9ja was and has been. u should be blaming ojukwu for not being a good strategist, bleeping idiots, una don make me curse mor dan i ihave done n the last year, mad men
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by alex406(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2008
PurestBoy:

Bros no mind them. Yoruba onye ofe n manu. Obasanjo jagajaga
No be them fault jare,dem don chop amala and tuwo tire.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Fhemmmy: 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2008
And that will be a great Chrismas present for the people there and another good way for the govt there to steal good money for chrismas hand shaking.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by PiMpjUiCe1: 3:36pm On Sep 30, 2008
check y earlier post and check with th picture above and ud see how much of a bastard obasanjo is. then u should understand tha its not an hausa/ibo agenda, there u have a bastard yoruba man(d only1) in the midst of the worst of 9ja's leaders(note that they are notherners), inasmuch as some nothern senators and leaders have not left any doubt in any1s mind as to their perception of other nigerian tribes, u shouldnt say there's a gangup/conspiracy/whatever the Bleep u wan2 call it against the ibos or others, the question u should be asking is, what have he ibo leaders done to tackle the injustice. have we not had ibo men in top places in this country.

the thing is, nigeria as an entity is not wll structured, this much hwas admitted by the man who movd the motion for nigeria's independence, see this http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/27/203.html ,
bottomline is naija is sick, so stop crying wolf and start suggesting realistic solutions,
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by romeo(m): 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2008
obatoro:

1.(this illiterate and wicked Hausa/Yoruba government )- an illiterate is one who could not read or write and one of the tribes you referred to as illiterate own this site.

Owning this site does not make one educated!! This is the 3rd time somebody is using this site to prove Yorubas superiority in education over others, but that is so dumb of you people trying to take the credit of SMF.

obatoro:

3.(This is why i still believe that only, and i repeat, only an Igbo president will take bold steps )- presidents are supposed to be elected, you know how difficult it always is for igbos to step down for one candidate to clearly emerge.

You're a confirmed dumbass! no need talking about it!!

PiMp_jUiCe:

truth is i try not to be tribalstic at times,  but when a frustrated tribalistic man starts generalising then we got serious problems to deal with,  for u to generalise that yorubas and hausas are in a sort of alliance against the ibos only goes to show ur own ignorance.
here's a little lesson from hstoryy.

if u r one of those who believe awolowo and d yorubas betrayed the ibos during biafra then maybe u should ask ojukwu why he invited awolowo to come join him in a war awolowo was not prepared to fight. what would u have him do? join u in a war u planned and were prepared for. he was too  smart for all that. no businessman will invest in a business he's not sure of,

then the issue of obasanjo,  ask ur fathers who are conversant with history,  obasanjo is a well known bastard yoruba man,  he has been since awolowo summoned all yoruba top ranking military officers to brief them of ojukwu's pland and sought their opinion,   Obajo was first to raise his hand to speak,  quoting him, he said, " i swore to defend the integrity of the nigerian nation not yoruba nation",  i guess that explains why he and the awoist will never agree on anything,  he didnt even win the presidential primary in front of his house in 1999,  yet he had sweeping victory in iboland. what the Bleep are u now talking about,  oh boi don't bleeping talk about my people like u fcukingknow them inside out because u don't bleeping know ish. and truth is it wont bleeping go down well with some of us who have a little knowledge of how Nigeria was and has been. u should be blaming ojukwu for not being a good strategist,  bleeping idiots, una don make me curse mor dan i ihave done n the last year,  mad men

Please it's called "IGBO and not Ibo" or would you prefer i call you Onye "Iyoruba"
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by landis(m): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2008
Nine people were injured as their vehicles ran into a ditch caused by a collapsed bridge in Asangbomole, Surulere Local Government area of Oyo State.
The bridge collapsed after a midnight downpour, and has cut off about 10 villages and communities on the Oyo/Osun border towns.
Sources in the community confided in THISDAY that the injured were in three different commercial vehicles, which ran into the collapsed bridge after their drivers had unsuspectingly entered the ditch.
The vehicles; a Lancer with registration number Oyo AX 62 KSH, a Toyota Starlet car with registration number Oyo AT 409 AME and a Canter bus with registration number Oyo XB 132 FMT, were heading for Oko in the state and Ejigbo in Osun State, for the Sallah celebration, in the early hours of yesterday.
Vehicular movements into Oyo and Osun states through the Ogbomoso-Oko-Ejigbo road have been temporarily halted, as vehicles are making detour at Asangbomole, into a bush path to continue their trip.
Following the incident, men of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) and the traffic department of the Nigeria Police Force from Ogbomoso, were mobilised to the scene and were seen busy controlling traffic and had to mount warning signals to other road users.
Chairman of the local government area, Mr Akinwunmi Ogundiran, was one of the government officials who visited the scene and assured that he would mobilise state government support for its rehabilitation
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by obatoro: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2008
romeo:

Owing this site does not make one educated!! This is the 3rd time somebody is using this site to prove Yorubas superiority in education over others, but that is so dumb of you people trying to take the credit of SMF.

I never said owning the site makes one educated, my brother there is a difference between being educated and being an illiterate.

And it is not owing but owning.

Check your dictionary for the difference.
Thanks.

Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by romeo(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2008
Dumb ass it's called typo!!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by obatoro: 11:02am On Oct 02, 2008
romeo:

Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by obatoro: 11:08am On Oct 02, 2008
romeo:

Yam head! grin grin
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by carmelily: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2008
i've been following this thread and believe me, i was torn between laughing along with gamine and kobojunkie, and being a tribalist like the vast majority of posters here. Finally, i've just made up my mind. to laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh. forgive the spamming

But what other reaction suits this hullabaloo over a falling bridge when every single infrastructure around us is falling apart and decaying?? How many street lights work in cities where they are available? how many lives are lost daily as a result of decadent transport systems? how many Nigerians die senselessly daily as a result of lack of security and basic amenities?

niger bridge is falling down and it's the Igbos that will bear the brunt
or something like that. whoever made that infantile comment should be banned and given 100 bulala publicly. Na only Igbos dey use the bridge eh kwa? biko, ka anyi kwu maka ihe ozo.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by slyk2(m): 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2008
tufia kwa.

may your insunuations never come to pass!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2008
abegi!!! make we hear word o jare!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Gbosko: 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2008
carmelily:

i've been following this thread and believe me, i was torn between laughing along with gamine and kobojunkie, and being a tribalist like the vast majority of posters here. I've just made up my mind. to laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh. forgive the spamming

But what other reaction suits this hullabaloo over a falling bridge when every single infrastructure around us is falling apart and decaying?? How many street lights work in cities where they are available? how many lives are lost daily as a result of decadent transport systems? how many Nigerians die senselessly daily as a result of lack of security and basic amenities?
or something like that. whoever made that infantile comment should be banned and given 100 bulala publicly. Na only Igbos dey use the bridge eh kwa? biko, ka anyi kwu maka ihe ozo.

Carmelily,

May your wisdom continue to blossom!
And may the laughter of all the Nigerians that have shown determination to remain happy in the midst of all this shit never end.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by carmelily: 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2008
Gbosko:

Carmelily,

May your wisdom continue to blossom!
And may the laughter of all the Nigerians that have shown determination to remain happy in the midst of all this shit never end.

thank you o jare, my countryman. Prophet Fela says, "why i dey laugh? man no fit cry"
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by slimes(m): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2008
Igbos are forgotten citizens in this country. How sad!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by doyin13(m): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2008
Just one simple question to the Igbo posters here,
this Niger Bridge, is it used exclusively by Igbos?
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by cliveland: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2008
sincerely sometxs i weep knowing am a nigerian, am from 1 of the major oil producing states, where our past governor wasted all our federal earnings on nothing but a ring road, whereas our neighbouring state got little less but did wonders, yes, i've lived in Lagos most of my life visted my state across d niger couple of txs as i could. the repairs of d TMB was actively supervised by lagos State govt n perhaps i believe its repairs would stand the test of times. the niger bridge is the only link road to that part of naija what on earth has any past or present igbo speaking governor to drum up support for its repairs aside fighting over who will be the next person in power or kingmaker in their state, they keep blaming others for their owes, lagos state does repairs on federal roads n claim refunds from federal govt other states should learn n stop grumbling, afterall, the minister of works some years back was from edo state yet the road to his own state was/is non existent, ofcos he flies there, abi, until pple stand up for what is rite, such that when this pple come home thru other means than road n they r harrass then nothing will change, as we make noise down here all the so called igbo speaking transporters are already agreeing on the exorbitant amount they will charge as fare to ferry their so called brothers home during the xmas periods so who is fooling who, biz some will say, na so e dey bi.

the governors shd make concerted efforts to have repairs commenced on that bridge or else nothing will happen, period.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by bawomolo(m): 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2008
doyin13:

abi oh.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by numen(m): 6:22am On Oct 03, 2008
bawomolo:

abi oh.

It is used by all and sundry, but it is a major connection point to an important(To Everyone) Commercial City, which happens to be in the South East.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by carmelily: 9:34am On Oct 03, 2008
slimes:

Igbos are forgotten citizens in this country. How sad!

Oh and see how everyone consistently remembers the Kajes, the Igalas, the Idomas, the Ijaws, [/b]the [b]Okpes, [/b]the [b]Biroms, the Urhobos, the Tivs, the Emais, the need-i-go-phocking-on? When would the Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas realize that Nigeria is not all about them? They are the triple cause of ALL of Nigeria's problems! ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by ud4u: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2008
Quote from Oluwdashmi

But you have governors who should provide basic amenities. If not all, but some. By blaming the federal government for everything, you will justify your govs for their misdeeds or unfair spending of state funds.

My dear, you don't know what you are talking about. Is that the responsibility of State Government to take up construction on a Federal road, so is better to remain calm than to contribute what you don't know.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Pedekunle(m): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2008
This is national issue. It's not a good concept for ANYBODY to laugh it off. NIGERIA IS ONE.
WHAT HAPPENS TO IBOS HAPPENS TO ALL NIGERIAN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.
[center][/center][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by onyengbu1(m): 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2008
doyin13:

May I ask how many times that you yourself or any body you know have used the said bridge?

Just like any other road in the country, every other tribe uses it but at what frequency?
If that 'one simple question' is coming from an Igbo man if a yoruba man complained that 3rd mainland bridge is collapsing, everyone will understand.

Again,
When will these people stop asking our governors to do what their governors dont do for them. We are not saying that our governors are doing magic but we know that their governors are not better.
One fool eve suggested that that our governors should take cue from Cross rivers and Akwa Ibom. With what allocation?

People stop hating for once.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by nomanicole(f): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2008
hating eaching is not going to solve any problem,exhanging words and becoming enemies won't hold or stop the bridge from falling,neither will it build another fantastic one unless mungo park is reading this,that we will say he's waiting for the opinion of the loudest mouth.if that bridge should fall,all nigerians will be affected.what about yoruba gals married to igbo men?and igbo gals married to yoruba men?the hausa men and women too, married to igbo and yoruba men and women?those that can't afford flight tickets who have other businesses across the bridge,so tell me about edo and delta people that have so much in common? please if that bridge falls,it would take 100 years before it is built again and even if it is built back will it be of the same standard that was used to build it ?we are all in trouble,our leaders are selfish and greedy, these sick old men should step down for the strong and agile youths.wisdom has nothing to do with age.so they should cut the crap about the'wise old men'thing because they are the foolish ones,going about having iliterate godfathers who dictate how the states and nation should be governed.i'm igbo and i have nothing against any nigerian youth,we are not the cause of our problems,we met things this way,what we need to do if fight for what is right and stop beefing.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2008
onye_ngbu:

May I ask how many times that you yourself or any body you know have used the said bridge?

Just like any other road in the country, every other tribe uses it but at what frequency?
If that 'one simple question' is coming from an Igbo man if a yoruba man complained that 3rd mainland bridge is collapsing, everyone will understand.

Again,
When will these people stop asking our governors to do what their governors don't do for them. We are not saying that our governors are doing magic but we know that their governors are not better.
One fool eve suggested that that our governors should take cue from Cross rivers and Akwa Ibom. With what allocation?

People stop hating for once.

Are you implying that your government doing maintenance work on the bridge, knowing that bridge is vital to it’s economic growth and development and used mainly by it’s people, is out of the question?
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by onyengbu1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Are you implying that your government doing maintenance work on the bridge, knowing that bridge is vital to it’s economic growth and development and used mainly by it’s people, is out of the question?

are you also implying that igboland is the only place where governors should undertake federal projects?
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2008
onye_ngbu:

are you also implying that igboland is the only place where governors should undertake federal projects?

What the frell has "IGBOLAND" to do with governors doing their job? Are IGBOLAND governors exempt in some way?? If the Lagos state government could do it, what stops IGBOLAND governors from doing the same??
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by toshmann(m): 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2008
i think the igbo governors can do better by applying more pressure on the fed govt to get another bridge, not only for economic or social reasons but for humanitarian purposes, b/c the way i see it, nothing will happen on that bridge until it collapses killing hundreds of people b4 the fed govt acts or decides to act.

note that those hundreds that will be killed will not be igbos alone, even if 97% are igbos and only 1% are yorubas (for example) for the family of that one or two yoruba person that perished, it is a serious fatality, so statistics mean very little when a human being is involved.

if i write an exam and they say 99 people passed the exam and only one person failed and that one person happened to be me, by thunder, that was a very bad exam.period. so at the end of the day, it doesnt matter mush if majority of people affected by the bridge are igbos, fact is, it affects nigerians and that is important enough
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by onyengbu1(m): 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

What the frell has "IGBOLAND" to do with governors doing their job? Are IGBOLAND governors exempt in some way?? If the Lagos state government could do it, what stops IGBOLAND governors from doing the same??

Has it been proved that Igbo governors dont do their jobs as much as the yoruba/hausa ones do.

If so tell me who did the proving.

Who told you that governors from the east have not undertaken and completed any federal project before. Lagos is not the only place it has happened. The question here is the nature of this particular one.

It couldnt have been so if it is in the north.

That bridge needs reconstruction
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2008
onye_ngbu:

Has it been proved that Igbo governors don't do their jobs as much as the yoruba/hausa ones do.

If so tell me who did the proving.

I am not sure what is eating you up here that you can not see what is being said as is. This has nothing to do with governors being IBO or INDONESIAN. This has to do with the fact that governors are not carrying their weight in that country. Please take off your BLINDERS (TRIBALISM) and try to approach this like a mature, intelligent adult would.

The very fact that the Niger bridge, is COLLAPSING, is all the proof you need to understand that the government has not done it’s part in this. That bridge is not old and for a bridge to collapse, like the one that collapsed last year in Minnesota means that government has not been doing its job. KAPISH!!

If you say that is not true, then the whole world owes Minnesota officials a HUGE apology.

onye_ngbu:

Who told you that governors from the east have not undertaken and completed any federal project before. Lagos is not the only place it has happened. The question here is the nature of this particular one.

It couldnt have been so if it is in the north.

That bridge needs reconstruction
Did anyone mention their NEVER undertaken and completed any federal project before? Did Anyone on here mention Lagos as the ONLY place where it has happened? I know in Nigeria and with Nigerians there is this inane need to complicate simple issues so we can claim it is COMPLEX and sleep better with arms folded.

The simple truth is if the bridge had been properly maintained, as it ought to, we would not be speaking of collapse the way this seems to be, today. Stop being so blinded by your tribalistic ideologies and open your eyes to your reality. Your governors are selling you the same old excuses many past governors have and continue to in other areas. Stand up and demand change.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by QuotaSyste(m): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2008
Same batton have been handed over to their sons and daughters. Do you see the myopic reasonings of these awusa and Yoruba sons and daughters as was passed unto them by their wicked fathers? Tomorrow, they will be the first to tell you that nigeria's problem is only by the elite. See them, ordinary members of the public supporting evil that is being perpatrated by their fathers against Igbo. Nigeria's problem is only by the elite my foot. Morons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident / BUSTED! Buhari's 'picture' In London Today FAKE - Pics / No School Enrolment For Children Without Birth Certificate — Governor Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.