Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. (7982 Views)

‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / Buhari Will Collapse Before Election "Ghanaian Prophet" / “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by youngies(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2008
so you can only point out the Paul Dike issue out of the few questions i just raised? Why not make an Igbo man in the Army the CDS? Why was Onovo dropped shamelessly as the choice of Inspector General of Police?
There are still many of such questions.

I pointed this out for you so that you can avoid spewing half truths, for you to make a strong case you have to always double check your facts before posting them a public forum.

Mind you, you are by no means more Igbo than I am. Facts are sacred, you can always verify.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by affee(f): 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2008
That bridge is not on a state road, but on a federal road
It connects the west and the north to the south.
If it collapses Igbo people will not be the only ones to perish or suffer

Please dont laugh; it is not funny

May God help us
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by faoni572(m): 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2008
ochi-aha:

Its not only the Niger Bridge that its collapse is imminent, but nearly all briges all over the country because of poor maintenance or over-use, as in the case of the Niger Bridge, as there are no other alternatives. undecided

[size=15pt]The bridge that collapsed in OCtober 2007 at the state of minnasota, the United States, which crosses over the Missisipi river, has now being rebuilt  and commissioned this September 2008, just under a year after it collapsed. [/size] This shows that the system (Beauracracy) works in the United States, [i]while over here in Nigeria, govt. will make statements of intent, repeatedly, about the need to repair the existing Niger Bridge and also build a second bridge over the Niger and nothing ever gets done in the end.  angry

The new bridge in minnasota has electronic chips with in-built sensors implanted into the cement used in building the bridge and information obtained from these sensors are monitored by the state road maintenance agency and the University of Minnasota; this information gives a minute-to-minute report on the state of  the new bridge and in future will warn,long before it occurs, about the imminent collapse of the bridge so that the state govt. will take pre-emptive measures to forstall this. cool

The new technology above is needed for all our bridges so that we may know their level of performance and enable us take corrective steps on those which are already in danger of collapsing.  cool

That's a country that is functioning not like Nigeria
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by MCUsman(m): 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2008
onye_ngbu:

1. Why will the Fed. govt. award the maintenance of Niger bridge to setraco? Would it have been setraco (and not Julius Berger) if the bridge is the West or north?

I THOUGHT THE NORTH IS A BARREN DESEART.

WHY IS IT THAT IT IS ONLY THE IGBOS THAT ARE CARYING FOR A SECOND BRIGDE TO LINK THEM WITH A BARREN DESERT.

onye_ngbu:

2. Why has the government abandoned shagamu - ore - benin expressway and leaving travellers on that road who are mainly igbos to the mercy of robbers and accidents?

YOU MAY WANT TO ASK WHO ARE THE ARMED ROBBERS

onye_ngbu:

3. why is there no seapor or international airport in the igboland?

BCOZ 60% OF YOUR ASSES ARE RESIDING OUTSIDE IGBOLAND.

onye_ngbu:

4.why hasnt any igbo man been made the defence minister or inspector General of Police or other sensitive national position.

WHEN YOU CAN NOT EVEN HANDLE THE SENATE PRESIDENCY.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by ikeyman00(m): 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2008
interesting stuff!!!!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Echidime(m): 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2008
IGBOS take up ARMS and help the Niger Delta's only then will the Federal Government know say WATER DON PASS GARRI and develop both south south and south east
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by QuotaSyste(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2008
youngies:

I pointed this out for you so that you can avoid spewing half truths, for you to make a strong case you have to always double check your facts before posting them a public forum.

Mind you, you are by no means more Igbo than I am. Facts are sacred, you can always verify.
Don't you see how silly you sounded with your so called pointed out? Dike becomes Igbo when it fits you nigerians. When it doesn't, Anioma where Dike comes from will become a distinct ethnic group aside and totally different from Igbo. As i can notice today, Dike has suddenly become Igbo. Same goes with your new police chief that you nigerian's sidelined Onovo to install. Are you people not ashamed of your hypocrisy?

Someone was even asking why shouldn't our governors provide amenities like Niger bridge, International airport, sea port and federal roads as if that is the responsibility of governors or as if his own governors provided such for them in their states. Imbeciles of the highest hypocrite order.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2008
Sam made a great comment which i like so much, igbos are great,other tribes fear us thats why the tend not to do anything about the niger brigde, Despite what happened to us during the civil war{i mean Igbos were deprived education} cos of the war, yet,alot of igbos still hold very important positions.Check out most banks apart from the old generation banks which the so called federal government claimed,igbos are the ceo of most of them,the most influential and educated are also found amongst us.They never wanted to allow BIARA cos they feared the will loose.Wat Nigeria has got to keep it going is in igbo land, the OIL,FOOD,MONEY etc
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2008
It seems no boby knew this, during the biafran war,the niger deltans kept shut and never joined the igbos to fight the war, they were all afraid, Now its their turn to fight, Chioma
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2008
Why does everything have to degenerate down to tribalistic insults.
The point is that the Bridge is about to collapse. The F.G is responsible for the bridge. I don't think saying that hausas/yorubas have neglected IGBOS will repair/replace the bridge.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by ikeyman00(m): 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2008
no comment
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Eziachi: 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2008
When you tell most Nigerians that their experience of Nigeria is far different from that of an average Igboman, they will laugh it off. Be it in education, sports, job and anything you can think of, Igboman has to work extra or be the best before he can have a sniff.

When you tell an average Nigerian that the electricity, water, most road network most of them enjoyed courtesy of federal govt is a different story in Igboland, as it's always was done through community effort or through the generosity of a son of the soil who is wealthy enough to give it to his community.  Let an Igboman tell other Nigerians that a community will actually had to task themselves to buy electric power transformers and donate them to NEPA before their power is restored because the old transformer they also bought had packed up. I can't remember any place outside Igboland that will happen.

In 1982 a major federal road linking Milken Hill near Enugu was in a very bad state and our people were dieing in drove on that road, Jim Nwobodo, the then governor of old Anambra state pleaded for the road to be re-constructed since it's last done during the colonial era but the reply he got was warning from Umaru Dikka/Shagari that he should never touch the road when Jim volunteered to do it up despite it being a federal road network.
But Jim did ignored their threat and repaired that particular killer spot of the road and they threatened to withdraw the state allocation if ever it happens again.

Niger Bridge was built during the Eastern region era and had since been taking the biggest traffic anywhere in the whole west African sub-  region. It was built when a handful of people owes a car and few commercial vehicles on the road, then compared that to what is obtained today. The bridge doesn't just need even a repair but another brand new bridge is needed to support the huge traffic. But they deliberately have ignored it, until the lives they have always considered worthless is sacrificed a little bit more, just as thousands are been sacrificed daily on the same road that leads to the bridge.

Can Igbos through their who efford rebuild the bridge? Yes we can! as we had done in the past things that exceeded a bridge, just as we built Sam Mbakwe airport by ourselves effort, from 1970-date, Igbos had built more than 4000 secondary and primary schools in their communities without a penny from both 3tiers of Nigerian government. But Niger Bridge has become a symbol and should be left to the Nigerian occupiers as reminder of their relationship with Ndigbo, no matter what happens from now.  No need crying over a spilt milk, as that is a waste of precious tears. But what is does is,  it goes to show any still myopic and skeptical Igboman that our desitny of progress is in Biafra as an independent nation and not inside Nigeria where we don't have to ask anybody to do what is right even saving human life too. Our forefathers told us that it's only a fool that failed to realise when he had been challenegd to a wrestling match.

One senstive Nigerian had even advocated or even made fun on this topic by asking why should Igbos go home for christmas anyway? That if they are desperate, that they can fly. That is the reasoning of my so called fellow brother in a one nation.  There is a saying that when the dead corpse of another man's child is being carried, some senseless ones always pretend that the corpse was just a bunch of firewood.

I am hoping and wishing that our selfish elites will one day wake from their selfish deep stupor and smell the rat and join us to liberate our people from this 40 years of constant humiliation. Just like the Apo six (6), beheaded Mazi Akaluka and so many other events, Niger Bridge is just one of those things with Ndigbo in a foreign land called their country.
It can collapse as many times as it can, Nigeria must go on, no sweat and the next day they will carry on a if nothing happened. Finally, any man that killed a father will not lose any sleep killing the son. Those that engineered genocide in Biafra and laughed it off, then tell me what few people dieing from a bridge collapse will amount?
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by romeo(m): 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2008
Eziachi:

In 1982 a major federal road linking Milken Hill near Enugu

Milken Hill is actually in Enugu and not near Enugu!! Enugu North LG to be precise wink The name of the Village on top the hill is called Enugu-Ngwo and that's where Enugu got it's name wink
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Uche2nna(m): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2008
I hope someone would point out the humor in this cos I still dont see any sad A bridge that is on the verge of collapse can only mean one thing: Casualties. U would be living in fools paradise to think that it is only the Igbos that would be affected.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by snoop4real: 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2008
cry Nigeria my Nigeria.

When will 1% of your population say good about you.

Nigeria where nothing works, rather anything goes.

As i speak now i weep, and may all Nlanders weep for the sorrowful state of our country.

O. if only tears could solve the problem.

Nigeria,

Nigeria (x2)
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On Sep 27, 2008
roflmao!! At the end of the day, after attacking each other, we can all get us some snacks, sit back and watch the bridge collapse. Isn't that what we do best in Nigeria Attack others for not seeing things exactly as we do while we do nothing to solve the problem. ROFLMAO!!! up Nigeria!!!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by romeo(m): 12:37am On Sep 27, 2008
Ewu!!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by QBSauceKid: 12:41am On Sep 27, 2008
al d idiots that r postin long msgs here.
Una dey mad.i jst scrolld past al d nonsense that ur writin.ur opinion dsnt matter.how many of u hav run for president b4?baggars.if i gve u money t buy newest toyota u wil b drivin arnd lagos nd lookin at evrybody.wat hav u done?wat r u doin?if u hvnt done anythng then stop typin. ur wastin ur generators petrol.go t d romance section if u r lonely nd hung like a horse.
If obasanjo puts out hs hand wnt u shake him?hav u eva snt letr to aso rock?u havnt?no.
So pls stop the bullsh?t.if u really wantd change u wld hv gottn it.
Afta abiola died wetin u do?
afta funsho williams nd ige nko?
afta ikeja cantoment wetin u do?
wat abt afta elections?
Abeg if u take offence t ths post thn ur a hypocrite nd i gaz a reply 4 u cos im nt checkin ths post agn-
Ur Mum is mentally retarded.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by QBSauceKid: 12:44am On Sep 27, 2008
al d idiots that r postin long msgs here.
Una dey mad.i jst scrolld past al d nonsense that ur writin.ur opinion dsnt matter.how many of u hav run for president b4?baggars.if i gve u money t buy newest toyota u wil b drivin arnd lagos nd lookin at evrybody.wat hav u done?wat r u doin?if u hvnt done anythng then stop typin. ur wastin ur generators petrol.go t d romance section if u r lonely nd hung like a horse.
If obasanjo puts out hs hand wnt u shake him?hav u eva snt letr to aso rock?u havnt?no.
So pls stop the bullsh?t.if u really wantd change u wld hv gottn it.
Afta abiola died wetin u do?
afta funsho williams nd ige nko?
afta ikeja cantoment wetin u do?
wat abt afta elections?
Abeg if u take offence t ths post thn ur a hypocrite nd i gaz a reply 4 u cos im nt checkin ths post agn-
Ur genitals wil gum together.lmao
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Kobojunkie: 12:48am On Sep 27, 2008
What has this to do with ibos?? Why make this about ibos when this is just an example of the disease that continues to plague the nation as a whole??

I know it is the norm to try to play to the crowd in here but come on. This is getting ridiculously funny that we keep finding ourselves back here every other month, in the same country and instead of attacking our government and demanding change, many continue to play the TRIBALISM card as if that makes sense.

Trying to pass this one off to the federal government is silly. Lagos state government recently completed the third mainland brigde renovation by collaborating with the federal government to ensure the bridge is refurbished and you think coughing up more reasons to blame the federal government will make this go away or change things?? Come on !! lol

And about the post on ibos not needing to go home for xmas, in a sense it seems true. If ibo people really wanted to ensure the road is always there for them to travel, they would storm the government office down in Anambra to demand the government do it's job. Sitting here and giving us more nonsense stories on how you think this and that hates ibos for laughing or poking fun at the situation is ridiculous. If you really hate this so much what the frell are you doing about it?? Please make we hear word abeg!!! LMAO!!!

This bridge is not just important to the ibos but to all Nigerians. If we all do nothing to ensure this bridge does not go down, what good is the bickering and the fighting for? The deterioration did not start today and yap all you want, it will not stop tommorow. Hollering as if you all REALLY CARE about the bridge and the so called casualties (wonder why anyone would go on the bridge after learning the bridge is about to collapse) . . . Give me a break!!! roflmao!!

http://thepmnews.com/2008/09/26/3rd-mainland-bridge-opens-fully-sunday-midnight#comment-28069
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by bawomolo(m): 3:33am On Sep 27, 2008
good post, kobo. what's the point of a state government if it can't do anything to combat erosion. simply yearly maintenance and i doubt the niger bridge would be at the state it is today
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by frag(m): 6:29am On Sep 27, 2008
This is actually funny to me too. Sorry to those of you who dont find it funny, lololololololololololoololo
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by romeo(m): 9:16am On Sep 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

This bridge is not just important to the ibos but to all Nigerians. If we all do nothing to ensure this bridge does not go down, what good is the bickering and the fighting for? The deterioration did not start today and yap all you want, it will not stop tommorow. Hollering as if you all REALLY CARE about the bridge and the so called casualties (wonder why anyone would go on the bridge after learning the bridge is about to collapse). . . Give me a break!!! roflmao!!

http://thepmnews.com/2008/09/26/3rd-mainland-bridge-opens-fully-sunday-midnight#comment-28069

No they would instead go home through your filthy pu.ssy while you are enjoying it and Laughing it off. Useless thing!!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by ow11(m): 9:35am On Sep 27, 2008
That bridge should be bombed before people die on it. tongue tongue Ask MEND for assistance!!!

Then It can be replaced while all necessary travel can be diverted through BY and RV state.  grin
If the bridge is no longer existing, the 5 fat state governors in that region would prevail on the FG minister of works to rebuild that bridge!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by romeo(m): 9:47am On Sep 27, 2008
ow11:

That bridge should be bombed before people die on it. tongue tongue Ask MEND for assistance!!!

Then It can be replaced while all necessary travel can be diverted through BY and RV state.  grin
If the bridge is no longer existing, the 5 fat state governors in that region would prevail on the FG minister of works to rebuild that bridge!

No thanks for the offer!! we would prefer to swim across from Asaba to Onitsha
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by femzy(m): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2008
snoop4real:

As i speak now i weep, and may all Nlanders weep for the sorrowful state of our country.

O. if only tears could solve the problem.

Then you must have been weeping for decades now. hmmm
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by affee(f): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Trying to pass this one off to the federal government is silly. Lagos state government recently completed the third mainland brigde renovation by collaborating with the federal government to ensure the bridge is refurbished and you think coughing up more reasons to blame the federal government will make this go away or change things?? Come on !! lol

And about the post on ibos not needing to go home for xmas, in a sense it seems true. If ibo people really wanted to ensure the road is always there for them to travel, they would storm the government office down in Anambra to demand the government do it's job. Sitting here and giving us more nonsense stories on how you think this and that hates ibos for laughing or poking fun at the situation is ridiculous. If you really hate this so much what the frell are you doing about it?? Please make we hear word abeg!!! LMAO!!!

This bridge is not just important to the ibos but to all Nigerians. If we all do nothing to ensure this bridge does not go down, what good is the bickering and the fighting for? The deterioration did not start today and yap all you want, it will not stop tommorow. Hollering as if you all REALLY CARE about the bridge and the so called casualties (wonder why anyone would go on the bridge after learning the bridge is about to collapse) . . . Give me a break!!! roflmao!!

you dont just get it

this bridge is not the responsibility of the state govt
it is not on a state road, but a federal road
the third mainland bridge is the conection from all the big people (politicians,ambassadors etc) the Island to the airport
how many big people they use onitsha bridge

let us tell ourselves the truth if that brige was in Kaduna or Kano
it would have been fixed a long time ago no tribal sentiments intended
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2008
affee:

you don't just get it

the third mainland bridge is the conection from all the big people (politicians,ambassadors etc) the Island to the airport
how many big people they use onitsha bridge

let us tell ourselves the truth if that brige was in Kaduna or Kano
it would have been fixed a long time ago no tribal sentiments intended

Hhhmmm. . . . well, let us all sit back and watch it collapse then. You really believe because it is “federal road” means the state government has no hand in it’s maintenance?? Well. . . since it seems you have chosen what version of the truth to tell yourself, we might as well sit back and watch it collapse. Heck, we could even bet on when it will actually collapse while you continue to play TRIBALISM on the side…. Roflmao!!

Ever wonder if we are not getting exactly what we deserve as a people?? For every stupid scenario, Nigerians seem to cook up tons of silly excuses. . . what a nation!!
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by bawomolo(m): 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2008

curtailing erosion is the responsibility of the state government.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 27, 2008
at poster i took exception and found the ffg sentence offensive : Until MASSOB start to carry arms to demand in protest for the building of new bridge, this illiterate and wicked hausa/yoruba government.

Now to address that if i may, since from ur rants i will assume you are Igbo. The so called yorubas who are illiterates are the most educated group in Nigeria. so get that in ur' illiterate skull and go get an "educated" life.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2008
All ibos should be banned from Nairaland.
Re: Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. by romeo(m): 12:40am On Sep 28, 2008
engineerd:

at poster i took exception and found the ffg sentence offensive : Until MASSOB start to carry arms to demand in protest for the building of new bridge, this illiterate and wicked hausa/yoruba government.

Now to address that if i may, since from ur rants i will assume you are Igbo. The so called yorubas who are illiterates are the most educated group in Nigeria. so get that in ur' illiterate skull and go get an "educated" life.

Dreamers keep on dreaming and deceiving yourselves with your Area boys and girls capable of forming a nation the size of Equatorial Guinea!!

engineerd:

All ibos should be banned from Nairaland.

Who will post in Nairaland if they are banned? Area boys?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor / Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer / 25 Deadliest Dictators In History: Yakubu Gowon Makes Number 14 On List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.