Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (64506 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2007
by your rasoul do you mean Mo?
I would not listen to any abusers of women and children.
They rightly belong behind bars.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 11:00am On Feb 02, 2007
Baby, you are very wrong about our Holy Prophet. He was a nice gentleman who has never hurt anyone. Dont get carried away.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by barikade: 11:10am On Feb 02, 2007
@belloti,

From all the texts in the Qur'an and the Hadith already posted on the Forum, could you really get carried away by the obsequious statement you just made about Muhammad being a "nice gentleman who has never hurt anyone"??
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2007
belloti:

Baby, you are very wrong about our Holy Prophet. He was a nice gentleman who has never hurt anyone. Dont get carried away.

This statement must have been made more like a drowning man clutching at straws than an actual statement of fact.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 5:09pm On Feb 02, 2007
Barkade, all the insinuations made against our hero are just mere ranting of the fools and trouble makers. sometimes we reply them with corrections and sometimes we just ignore them to maintain peace in the forum.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2007
belloti:

Barkade, all the insinuations made against our hero are just mere ranting of the fools and trouble makers. sometimes we reply them with corrections and sometimes we just ignore them to maintain peace in the forum.

grin grin grin grin grin

What a hypocritical tool! If you replied us, war will not break out on the forum! What peace are you keeping? The peace that exists in Iran, Jordan, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Niger, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2007
David, if you are enjoying the exchange of insults, am really kynda too old for that. Anyway, have it your own way little boy.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2007
belloti:

David, if you are enjoying the exchange of insults, am really kynda too old for that. Anyway, have it your own way little boy.

Yeah, unfortunately its not about "exchange of insults" (which is what you all claim whenever someone points out the discrepancies in your unholy religion!), it is about seeing the truth for what it is!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ishaahamed(f): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2007
the whole book kiss
sadly i cant read all just aome of it .
i got a transliteration one but the prounciation is a problem .
i started learning alif,ba but i cant form sentences with them .
i didnt learn much cuz i was scared of oustass's cane cry
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mrpataki(m): 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2007
ishaahamed:

i didnt learn much because i was scared of oustass's cane cry
You been flogged like an animal just to learn alif! Wonder how the oustass feels when he flogs his wives just because they cant learn the alif too. undecided
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 10:45am On Feb 05, 2007
David, if you attack the issues without using a word on my person its in order. Frankly, your attacks on Islam or muslims is no longer effective because you are only repeating yourself, but next time please dont say a word about my person, am not your mate.

Isha, for your own good please try to understand the quran and make good use of it.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 05, 2007
belloti:

David, if you attack the issues without using a word on my person its in order. Frankly, your attacks on Islam or muslims is no longer effective because you are only repeating yourself, but next time please don't say a word about my person, am not your mate.

Isha, for your own good please try to understand the quran and make good use of it.

What does a muslim qualify as an "attack"? I heard this same ubiquitous word more than 100 times on CNN on saturday when a muslim jihadist was giving a speech. Who is "attacking" who and how?
Since when did criticism become synonymous with "attacking"?

As for being "mates" or not, kindly understand that those are words that are not meant to be taken in a literal sense and i appologise if they sound as attacks on your person.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ayins: 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2007
For l love suratul yasin.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ishaahamed(f): 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2007
mrpataki
i was not being flogged like an animal i was just scared of it .so i got sick whenever it was time to go to Dara cool we had to learn the Quran its compulsory.

Belloti i tried to but how can i concentrate when i hear the cane and others crying? cool cry
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2007
ishaahamed:

Belloti i tried to but how can i concentrate when i hear the cane and others crying? cool cry

Islam is peaceful neither is it by compulsion! grin grin grin
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 11:04am On Feb 06, 2007
Isha, Its not about the cane and the cries, Its a relationship between you and your Lord (however you want to look at it). And i think you should stop trying to be funny here, its not going to take you anywhere.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by batu: 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2007
belloti:

Isha, Its not about the cane and the cries, Its a relationship between you and your Lord (however you want to look at it). And i think you should stop trying to be funny here, its not going to take you anywhere.

@Belloti,
He is not being funny but telling you the truth in a funny way. Hope you know the difference. It is true that in Islam, it is expressly permitted to 'flog' a child from the age of seven (7) either to make the child learn the Koran or for the female child to forcibly wear a hijab. So what kind of relationship between you and your lord needs to be cemented and developed in childhood by flogging,,,,,,except Slavery; and I mean slavery literarily which is what Islam is. You instill fear through cane in the child and then instill fear of death by beheading in adulthood. Is there any better description of bondage, dont think so.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ishaahamed(f): 4:48pm On Feb 06, 2007
belloti i was not tryin to be funny . angry
i was only tryin to say why i didnt learn much of the Quran .
being a kid it is natural you will fear the cane sad cry cry
which is why i was always running sad cry
i am not tryin to be funny . .i wil not lie and say i know all the verses when i know only some
what would have prefered if i had lied?

presently i have a teacher who comes twice in the week after magreb prayers sad
he teaches me well .i am not like some people who will ie just to prove a point cool cool cool cool
i am currently in sura Arahman cool
my goal is to finish and do the sarahs plus tafsir before may . .InshaAllah cool
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2007
belloti:

Since when did Islam begin to usurp the christian mantra? When did being a muslim become a relationship between a slave and his master? How can you have a relationship with someone you will NEVER see neither here nor in the life hereafter?
How can you have a relationship with someone who cannot speak to you but rather prefered to pass all his "revelations" through one man of questionable character?
How does a muslim define a "relationship"? Is it merely to ape the christian faith or an attempt to give islam a human face?

what is the "relationship"? Merely being forced to memorise the quran on the pain of severe beatings?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mrpataki(m): 8:28pm On Feb 06, 2007
belloti:

Another Act of plagiarism at its peak from the Holy Scriptures. Where in the Qu'ran was a relationship ever anticipated for a muslim to be a partaker of?

Thanks davidylan for that insight
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2007
the fact that the individual does not even understand what he or she is reciting makes it even worse.
Ishahamed,I'll encourage you since you live in Gambia to get a new testament Bible see the love Jesus Christ has for you.

He does not require you to cram and recite the Bible.He only wants to live in your heart,give you joy without measure and lead you to the truth in the Bible
Say Today,Jesus come into my heart and teach me what these Christians call the truth,I do not want to be lost but to serve God in Spirit and in truth and I promise he'll lead you to that only way.

Email me babyosisi@hotmail.com  if you have any questions about this Joy unspeakable.God bless.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mrpataki(m): 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2007
@ babyosisi,
God bless for the great wisdom upon your life! Am highly humbled by it.

@ All,
Salvation is not in the recital of the alif or whatever, but in knowing the love of Jesus Christ and acknowledging it solely in ones life! I have some to know it and am greatly blessed for it.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 11:15am On Feb 07, 2007
I was talking to my sister and the next thing you guys just swooped in. Isha is a muslim who was explaining how hard it was for her to learn Quran in line with the topic of this thread and not asking for some kind spiritual guidance.

I thought the bible once said "Spare the rod and spoil the child". may be you can twist this also to a more suitable and subtle interpretation as always.

Islam is about relationship with the Lord and i wont be suprised if you never knew.

Baby, You sound so desperate in your evangelism, probably thinking that some weaklings might just get carried away. i thought you have muslim friends that also let you be. So why dont you just hold on to your supposed gospel.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by barikade: 12:21pm On Feb 07, 2007
@belloti,

belloti:

I thought the bible once said "Spare the rod and spoil the child". may be you can twist this also to a more suitable and subtle interpretation as always.

The Bible never said "Spare the rod and spoil the child". Rather, the phrase is reputed to have been first written in a poem by Samuel Butler in 1664, and also appears in a Dickens' novel. It is now being used as a paraphrase of several verses in the book of Proverbs. Sample Prov. 13:24 - "He that spareth his rod hateth his son; But he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

There is no twisting on that verse, for it was not meant to be used as 'koboko' to force children to learn the Bible, as is the case with the oustass' cane. The Bible also says in Eph. 6:4 - "And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."

belloti:

Islam is about relationship with the Lord and i wont be suprised if you never knew.

I'm not aware that Islam is about a relationship with the Lord. Can you expatiate on this borrowed concept that most Muslim apologists disavow?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 07, 2007
belloti:

I was talking to my sister and the next thing you guys just swooped in. Isha is a muslim who was explaining how hard it was for her to learn Quran in line with the topic of this thread and not asking for some kind spiritual guidance.

Can you really explain the difference between "learning the quran" and being forced to memorise the quran? Are both synonymous events?

belloti:

Bari_kade has excellently explained your mis-assumptions on this subject. Just in case you are not convinced, can you please let us know where in the bible you came across that? Or is this just the islamic method of substituting everything secular to christianity just to have a leverage to throw stones?

belloti:

Really? When was this relationship established? Like i asked earlier, is it possible to have a relationship with someone who is "so great" you can and will never see him, hear him or talk to him?

belloti:

Baby, You sound so desperate in your evangelism, probably thinking that some weaklings might just get carried away. i thought you have muslim friends that also let you be. So why don't you just hold on to your supposed gospel.

Are you afraid of losing another of your cult members to the light? I thought your religion/cult was strong enough to keep its members beyond prescribing death for those who leave?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ishaahamed(f): 11:40pm On Feb 09, 2007
babyosisi thanks but i am content to be a muslim cool
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2007
@isha glad to know you decided to let uztaz continue cheesy
i actually love suratul Araman .

i woke up this morning and read from suratul Nabayi up to Nas . kiss
i havnt done that in a while but i felt god doing so this morning just after fajr .
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by lolao2(m): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2007
As for me, I just cant do without Ayyahtal Kursir.No day passes me by without reciting it. kiss[b][/b]
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2007
yeah Lola i love that Ayah too kiss
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by cushman(m): 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2007
Yeah! Me too,
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2007
whats ur fave Sura wink

where have you been?

ma salaam cheesy
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by cushman(m): 12:09am On Apr 23, 2007
The truth is that i love all the surahs in the holy quran. But my favourite is Ayatul kursiyu (The verse of the throne).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

54 Muslim Players For The Premier League Season 2016-2017 / Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / Boiled Meat Changes Into 'Allah Akbar' In Lagos - Facebook User Claims. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.