Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (64496 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by chilla(f): 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2008
Mukina, this is a lovely thread, may each verse recited here be your reward for being a reminder of the beauty of Islam.

This verse: "Innallahas tafaaki watahharaki wastafaaki ala nisail Aalameen", meaning "The Almighty ALLAH has placed you(Maryam), purified you n placed you again (in high esteem) better than all the women in this world".

ALLAHU AKBAR, this is Almighty Allah's promise to Nana Maryam, the mother of Isah (A.S). May we be among the rightly guided ones amin.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2008
Amin chilla.

Salam sister.

We also need you guys to be here frequently so that the thread will always be online.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by chilla(f): 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2008
@mdsocks

Inshaallah we will keep the thread online.

May the Almighty Allah bestow upon us his mercies.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by dragnet: 3:28pm On Jan 18, 2008
Ameen
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by dragnet: 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2008
There're so many of them . . .but here's 0ne out of the millions . . . Quran 3 .:. vs 26-27
Say(O Muhammad , S.A.W, ): "O ALLAH. . Possessor of the kingdom, YOU give the kingdom to whom YOU will, and YOU take the kingdom from whom YOU will, and YOU endue with honour whom YOU will, and YOU humiliate whom YOU will. In YOUR HAND is the good. Verily, YOU are ABLE to do all things. . . .
YOU make the night to enter into the day, and YOU make the day to enter into the night, YOU bring the living out of the dead , and YOU bring the dead out of the living. And YOU give wealth and sustenance to whom YOU will, without limit(measure or account). cheesy
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2008
@mdsocks

Inshaallah we will keep the thread online.

May the Almighty Allah bestow upon us his mercies.

hmmm, , Amin

Thats cool

Jazakallahu Khair

dragnet, Very nice one

Thats surah Ali 'Imran
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2008
Salaam
sister Chilla . May the Almighty Allah reward you and may he continue to bless you kiss

Dragnet and Muctarr

salaam, thanks for Posting suratul Mariam. Inshallah I will post the video later cheesy
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2008
Salam Mdsocks, Cushman, Mustay, Dragnet, Mukina, chilla etc

Jazakhullah for all the wonderful chapters from the Holy Quran. Honestly, I feel like crying going through those recitations especially that of Surah Rahman in which case human beings have been ungrateful to Allah for all He did and Has been doing for them.

Every verse from the Holy Quran carries inpirational message, make me fear Him and draw me closer to Him.

May Allah bless you all.

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by dragnet: 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2008
Ameen. . . . . . . .
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2008
@engrwalex

All the surahs in quran are in good but am surprising a strange surah in Quran which Almighty Allah did not begin with Bismillahi Rahman Raheem , Suratul Taobat

Good observation brother. Do you research very well and you will see that it is not only Surah Taobat that we are not having Bismillah at the beginning but in another chapter as well. Also we have chapters having more than one Bismillah. Do the research and when you are through, Insha Allah, I will supply the answer. We are learning from each other cheesy.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by chilla(f): 9:58am On Jan 23, 2008
@babs787

To the best of my knowledge, only Surah At-Tawba dnt have Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem at its beginning, n hv done thorough searcg n saw that all the chapters apart from Tawba started with a single Bismillah n none had double.

Can u please bring up your own reaserches n lets see which of those r different from mine?

Maassalaam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2008
Salam chilla

What he meant was that there's a surah withanother Bismilah, in it apart from the one at the beginning.

I also know about that, but will like babs to clear himself on that cheesy
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by chilla(f): 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ mdsocks

That i know, but wat brother babs787 quoted was that there is another Surah apart from Tawba that has no Bismillah.

@ babs787
Brother, pls lets knw
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by samsonola(m): 12:36pm On Jan 23, 2008
HI, the thing is that when i start reading the holy Quran, i get stuckt it. It is just too magnificient. I dont know my favourite surah yet.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by chilla(f): 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ Samsonola

My dear, start gradually, thats y it has shorter verses, start from them, if u master them, the longer chapters wont be a problem.
May Allah be with us all, amin.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by luvus: 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2008
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2008
@luvus

hi check this thread interesting https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-107465.0.html

You may go there now and have a look.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mashaun(m): 7:55am On Jan 24, 2008
IKHLAS , MASHA ALLAH

MUKINA ,JAZAKUM LAHU KHAIRAN
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 25, 2008
Salam .

I also like this,

There is no god but He,
The Living, the Everlasting,
Slumber seizes Him not, neither sleep,
To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth.
Who is there that can intercede with His, except by His leave?
He knows what lies before them and what is after them,
And they comprehend not anything of His Knowledge save as He wills.
His throne comprises the heavens and the earth,
The preserving of them fatigues Him not,
And He is the All-High, All-Glorious.

[Al-Quran: 002:255]
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by luvus: 10:18am On Jan 25, 2008
;d
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2008
@Chilla & Mdsocks

Brother, please lets knw

Salam sister. What I meant is that there is a Surah having more than one Bismillah. I am sorry for my typographical error cheesy

Maa Salam

The Messenger of Allah said, "Your stay in comparison to the stay of the nations preceding you, is like the period between Asr prayer and the sunset. The people of the Torah were given the Torah and they acted on it till midday and then they were unable to carry on. And they were given (a reward equal to) one Qirat each. Then the people of the Gospel were given the Gospel and they acted on it till Asr Prayer and then they were unable to carry on, so they were given (a reward equal to) one Qirat each. Then you were given the Quran and you acted on it till sunset, therefore you were given (a reward equal to) two Qirats each. On that, the people of the Scriptures said, 'These people (Muslims) did less work than we but they took a bigger reward.' Allah said (to them). 'Have I oppressed you as regards your rights?' They said, "No." Then Allah said, 'That is My Blessing which I grant to whomsoever I will.' "[Sahih Bukhari]

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2008
Salam babs

We hear you oo,

Thanks for sharing with us, you care to name the Surah now?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2008
@mdsocks

We hear you oo,

Thanks for sharing with us, you care to name the Surah now?

The Surah is An-Naml (chapter 27)

It has two 'Bismillah', one is at the head while the other is in verse 30.

Maa Salam cheesy
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2008
Salam all

A friend sent this to me and I felt that it would be beneficial to all:

The Most Selfish One-Letter Word
"I"
Avoid It
(Surah Al Kahf 18:34)

The Most Satisfying Two-Letter Word
"WE"
Use It
Surah Al An'am 6:71-72

The Most Poisonous Three-Letter Word
"EGO"
Kill It
Surah Al Qasas 28:78

The Most Used Four-Letter Word
"LOVE"
Value It
(Surah Al Rum 30:21)

The Most Pleasing Five Letter Word
"SMILE"
Keep It
(Surah Al Najm 53:43)

The Fastest Spreading Six-Letter Word
"RUMOUR"
Ignore It
(Surah Al Hujurat 49:12)

The Hardest Working Seven Letter Word
"SUCCESS"
Achieve It
(Surah Al Nur 24:37-38)

The Most Enviable Eight-Letter Word
"JEALOUSY"
Distance It
(Surah Yusuf 12:8-9)

The Most Powerful Nine-Letter Word
"KNOWLEDGE"
Acquire It
(of Allah & the Holy Qu'ran) Surah Ya Sin 36:2 Surah Yusuf 12:2

The Most Essential Ten-Letter Word
"CONFIDENCE"
Trust It
(Trust in Allah's Guidance)
Surah Yunus 10: 9
Surah Al Tawbah 9:51

Ya Allah
Today,
I stopped to buy some lemon.
The fellow who sold it had such charm.
I talked with him, he seemed so glad.
If I were late, it'd do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me,
"I thank you, you've been so kind.
It's nice to talk with folks like you.
You see," he said, "I'm blind."
Ya Allah, forgive me when I whine.
I have 2 eyes, the world is mine.

Later while walking down the street,
I saw a child with eyes of blue.
He stood and watched the others play.
He did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word.
And then I knew, he couldn't hear.
I have 2 ears, the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I'd go.
With eyes to see the sunset's glow.
With ears to hear what I'd know.
I've been blessed indeed, the world is mine.

Islam is a way of life, try it.

Islam is a gift, accept it.

Islam is a journey, complete it.

Islam is a struggle, fight for it.

Islam is a goal, achieve it.

Islam is an opportunity, take it.

Islam is not for sinners, overcome it.

Islam is not a game, don't play with it.

Islam is not a mystery, behold it.

Islam is not for cowards, face it.

Islam is not for the dead, live it.

Islam is a promise, fulfill it.

Islam is a duty, perform it.

Islam is a treasure (the Prayer), pray it.

Islam is a beautiful way of life, see it.

Islam has a message for you, hear it.

Islam is love , love it.

Remember My Brothers And Sisters That We Have So Much To Be Thankful For

No Matter What They Say, ISLAM Is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by 4Him(m): 5:30pm On Feb 03, 2008
Ya Allah
Today,
I stopped to buy some lemon.
The fellow who sold it had such charm.
I talked with him, he seemed so glad.
If I were late, it'd do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me,
"I thank you, you've been so kind.
It's nice to talk with folks like you.
You see," he said, "I'm blind."

Later while walking down the street,
I saw a child with eyes of blue.
He stood and watched the others play.
He did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word.
And then I knew, he couldn't hear.

pls see the original

Today, upon a bus, I saw a girl with golden hair.
I envied her, she seemed so gay, and wished I was as fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and wore a crutch. But as she passed, a smile.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have 2 legs, the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy. The lad who sold it had such charm.
I talked with him, he seemed so glad. If I were late, it'd do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me, "I thank you, you've been so kind.
It's nice to talk with folks like you. You see," he said, "I'm blind."

Later while walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue.
He stood and watched the others play. He did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said, "Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word. And then I knew, he couldn't hear.

+++~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+++

I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?"
Jesus answered, "This much." and He stretched
His arms out and died.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2008
@Davidylan

But you didnt supply me the original of the other parts which goes thus:

Islam is a way of life, try it.

Islam is a gift, accept it.

Islam is a journey, complete it.

Islam is a struggle, fight for it.

Islam is a goal, achieve it.

Islam is an opportunity, take it.

Islam is not for sinners, overcome it.

Islam is not a game, don't play with it.

Islam is not a mystery, behold it.

Islam is not for cowards, face it.

Islam is not for the dead, live it.

Islam is a promise, fulfill it.

Islam is a duty, perform it.

Islam is a treasure (the Prayer), pray it.

Islam is a beautiful way of life, see it.

Islam has a message for you, hear it.

Islam is love , love it.

Remember My Brothers And Sisters That We Have So Much To Be Thankful For

No Matter What They Say, ISLAM Is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by 4Him(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2008
babs787:

@Davidylan
But you didnt supply me the original of the other parts which goes thus:

is there any need to? One has already been shown up to be an example of shameless plagiarism.
The others are also clear examples of plagiarism only i cant be bothered to go find the originals. I only pointed out the one i did because it was oh so obvious! I have had a copy of that poem in my mailbox for yrs!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2008
@Davidylan

is there any need to? One has already been shown up to be an example of shameless plagiarism.
The others are also clear examples of plagiarism only i can't be bothered to go find the originals. I only pointed out the one i did because it was oh so obvious! I have had a copy of that poem in my mailbox for years!

You have time to find the first part but doesnt have to search for the other part.

Mind you, its just a poem and there shouldnt be any mischief making here.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by 4Him(m): 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2008
blabs continue crying. If i were u i'd be covering my eyes in shame.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 5:55pm On Feb 03, 2008
@Davidylan

If anyone needs to cry, it should be you. You be ashamed of yourself for using different Ids, yet you couldnt stand the truth.

How many times have I exposed your fraud?

Will be back for you after Nigeria-Ghana Match
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by 4Him(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2008
babs787:

How many times have I exposed your fraud?

the only fraud exposed was your ya allah poem.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by olabowale(m): 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2008
@4Him: The shame belongs to you. It is you who should cover your 3 in 1 godhead deseased eyes in shame. From Surah Qasas, 'The story,' you will read the story of Moses birth and how his mother was comforted by the Merciful. Please read it in the Tafsir if Ibn Kathir, in its entirety, and compared it to your ever changing, never stable 'Corrupt' Bible.

Below is just part of it. Your assignment, aburo, is to have the gall to get some courage to read it in the Qur'an! Darn you!

How Musa's Mother was inspired and shown what to do

It was mentioned that when Fir`awn killed so many of the males of the Children of Israel, the Copts were scared that the Children of Israel would die out, and they themselves would have to do the heavy labor that the Children of Israel used to do. So they said to Fir`awn, "If this continues, and their old men die and the young men are killed, their women will not be able to do the work that the men are doing, and we will end up having to do it.'' So Fir`awn issued orders that the boys should be killed one year, and left alone the following year. Harun, peace be upon him, was born in a year when the boys were not killed, and Musa was born in a year when the boys were being killed. Fir`awn had people who were entrusted with this task. There were midwives who would go around and check on the women, and if they noticed that any woman was pregnant, they would write her name down. When the time came for her to give birth, no one was allowed to attend her except for Coptic women. If the woman gave birth to a girl, they would leave her alone and go away, but if she gave birth to a boy, the killers would come in with their sharp knives and kill the child, then they would go away; may Allah curse them. When the mother of Musa became pregnant with him, she did not show any signs of pregnancy as other women did, and none of the midwives noticed. But when she gave birth to a boy, she became very distressed and did not know what to do with him. She was extremely scared for him, because she loved him very much. No one ever saw Musa, peace be upon him, but they loved him, and the blessed ones were those who loved him both as a natural feeling and because he was a Prophet. Allah says:

﴿وَأَلْقَيْتُ عَلَيْكَ مَحَبَّةً مِّنِّى﴾

(And I endued you with love from Me) (20:39).

Have courage to do something about it. Repair your heart from deseased muscle to healthy one!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

54 Muslim Players For The Premier League Season 2016-2017 / Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / Boiled Meat Changes Into 'Allah Akbar' In Lagos - Facebook User Claims. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.