Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (64476 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ibrahim007: 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2007
suratul nasr
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2008
Its Suratul Iklas for me. Just love that Surah so much

And i will say Suratul Furqan. I had know the surah offhand since when i was 10. Usually read it then at Madrasa everyday.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2008
I love all surahs cos all do touch me when recited.

I love Surah Maidah because it exposes falsehood.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 07, 2008
hmm, Thats nice.

Salam

Let me check Surat Maidah.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2008
I love Surah Imran too. The unbelievers can always grab that chapter and read.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Jarus(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2008
Suratur-rahaman makes me cry, how can you deny the mercy of your lord??
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hmmm, Thats cool ife
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2008
ife-eco-06

i also had a pal who cried whenever Suratul Arahman was being recited. and also Suratul Yassin especially during a funeral
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by olabowale(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2008
@Mukina2: But Suratul Yasiiin is supposed to be recited while a person is going through the process of death. Isn't? Or is it supposed to be recited after death, vis a vis the grave site? Salaamualaykum.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ Olabowale Salaam

Yeah . but they also recited it sometimes during the laying out ceremony and before they take the dead body to the mosque for funeral prayers undecided

I also heard them recite it during my Granddad's 40th day ceremony at the mosque
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2008
@Eco

Suratur-rahaman makes me cry, how can you deny the mercy of your lord?? Allah favours me so much and I open this surah when I want to reflect on Allah's mercy on me, poor village boy, now a First Class graduate, being jostled for by many companies!!!!! Allah is merciful, and more importantly, making me a practising Muslim, an Ahlus Sunnah. It is not my power,all these are Allah's favour which I acn't deny. I'm not wiser than the boys outside there,it's Allah's mercy that He bestows on whom He wishes.

I also like verses where Allah compares or throws rhetoric questions or challenges the disbelieves(e.g to produce a verse like the Quranic ayat).

That is just the truth. There is no way you will hear that chapters and not have change of heart. I do ponder on many things whenever it is being recited and get closer than before to my Creator because Allah made us known that human beings are very ungrateful despite all He did and He is still doing for them.

Surah Rahman has a very powerful message that makes human being traces himself to His creator and learn to be grateful, dutiful, prayerful etc towards Him.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2008
Any other contribution?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:41pm On Jan 11, 2008
[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/UwmYSptwTX4[/flash]

Suratul Ya'Sin

1. Yâ-Sîn.

[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings.]

2. By the Qur'ân, full of wisdom (i.e. full of laws, evidences, and proofs),

3. Truly, you (O Muhammad ) are one of the Messengers,

4. On a Straight Path (i.e. on Allâh's religion of Islâmic Monotheism).

5. (This is) a Revelation sent down by the All­Mighty, the Most Merciful,

6. In order that you may warn a people whose forefathers were not warned, so they are heedless.

7. Indeed the Word (of punishment) has proved true against most of them, so they will not believe.

8. Verily! We have put on their necks iron collars reaching to chins, so that their heads are forced up.

9. And We have put a barrier before them, and a barrier behind them, and We have covered them up, so that they cannot see.

10. It is the same to them whether you warn them or you warn them not, they will not believe.

11. You can only warn him who follows the Reminder (the Qur'ân), and fears the Most Beneficent (Allâh) unseen. Bear you to such one the glad tidings of forgiveness, and a generous reward (i.e. Paradise).

12. Verily, We give life to the dead, and We record that which they send before (them), and their traces [their footsteps and walking on the earth with their legs to the mosques for the five compulsory congregational prayers, Jihâd (holy fighting in Allâh's Cause) and all other good and evil they did, and that which they leave behind], and all things We have recorded with numbers (as a record) in a Clear Book.

13. And put forward to them a similitude; the (story of the) dwellers of the town, [It is said that the town was Antioch (Antakiya)], when there came Messengers to them.

14. When We sent to them two Messengers, they belied them both, so We reinforced them with a third, and they said: "Verily! We have been sent to you as Messengers."

15. They (people of the town) said: "You are only human beings like ourselves, and the Most Beneficent (Allâh) has revealed nothing, you are only telling lies."

16. The Messengers said: "Our Lord knows that we have been sent as Messengers to you,

17. "And our duty is only to convey plainly (the Message)."

18. They (people) said: "For us, we see an evil omen from you, if you cease not, we will surely stone you, and a painful torment will touch you from us."

19. They (Messengers) said: "Your evil omens be with you! (Do you call it "evil omen"wink because you are admonished? Nay, but you are a people Musrifûn (transgressing all bounds by committing all kinds of great sins, and by disobeying Allâh).

20. And there came running from the farthest part of the town, a man, saying: "O my people! Obey the Messengers;

21. "Obey those who ask no wages of you (for themselves), and who are rightly guided.

22. "And why should I not worship Him (Allâh Alone) Who has created me and to Whom you shall be returned.

23. "Shall I take besides Him âliha (gods), if the Most Beneficent (Allâh) intends me any harm, their intercession will be of no use for me whatsoever, nor can they save me?

24. "Then verily, I should be in plain error.

25. Verily! I have believed in your Lord, so listen to me!"

26. It was said (to him when the disbelievers killed him): "Enter Paradise." He said: "Would that my people knew!

27. "That my Lord (Allâh) has forgiven me, and made me of the honoured ones!"

28. And We sent not against his people after him a host from heaven, nor do We send (such a thing).

29. It was but one Saihah (shout, etc.) and lo! They (all) were silent (dead-destroyed).

30. Alas for mankind! There never came a Messenger to them but they used to mock at him.

31. Do they not see how many of the generations We have destroyed before them? Verily, they will not return to them.

32. And surely, all, everyone of them will be brought before Us.

33. And a sign for them is the dead land. We gave it life, and We brought forth from it grains, so that they eat thereof.

34. And We have made therein gardens of date-palms and grapes, and We have caused springs of water to gush forth therein.

35. So that they may eat of the fruit thereof, and their hands made it not. Will they not, then, give thanks?

36. Glory be to Him, Who has created all the pairs of that which the earth produces, as well as of their own (human) kind (male and female), and of that which they know not.

37. And a sign for them is the night, We withdraw therefrom the day, and behold, they are in darkness.

38. And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

39. And the moon, We have measured for it mansions (to traverse) till it returns like the old dried curved date stalk.

40. It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They all float, each in an orbit.

41. And an Ayâh (sign) for them is that We bore their offspring in the laden ship [of Nûh (Noah)].

42. And We have created for them of the like thereunto, so on them they ride.

43. And if We will, We shall drown them, and there will be no shout (or helper) for them (to hear their cry for help) nor will they be saved.

44. Unless it be a mercy from Us, and as an enjoyment for a while.

45. And when it is said to them: "Beware of that which is before you (worldly torments), and that which is behind you (torments in the Hereafter), in order that you may receive Mercy (i.e. if you believe in Allâh's Religion ­ Islâmic Monotheism, and avoid polytheism, and obey Allâh with righteous deeds).

46. And never came an Ayâh from among the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord to them, but they did turn away from it.

47. And when it is said to them: "Spend of that with which Allâh has provided you," those who disbelieve say to those who believe: "Shall we feed those whom, if Allâh willed, He (Himself) would have fed? You are only in a plain error."

48. And they say: "When will this promise (i.e. Resurrection) be fulfilled, if you are truthful?"

49. They await only but a single Saihah (shout, etc.), which will seize them while they are disputing!

50. Then they will not be able to make bequest, nor they will return to their family.

51. And the Trumpet will be blown (i.e. the second blowing) and behold! From the graves they will come out quickly to their Lord.

52. They will say: "Woe to us! Who has raised us up from our place of sleep." (It will be said to them): "This is what the Most Beneficent (Allâh) had promised, and the Messengers spoke truth!"

53. It will be but a single Saihah (shout, etc.), so behold! They will all be brought up before Us!

54. This Day (Day of Resurrection), none will be wronged in anything, nor will you be requited anything except that which you used to do.

55. Verily, the dwellers of the Paradise, that Day, will be busy in joyful things.

56. They and their wives will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones.

57. They will have therein fruits (of all kinds) and all that they ask for.

58. (It will be said to them): Salâmun (peace be on you), a Word from the Lord (Allâh), Most Merciful.

59. (It will be said): "And O you Al-Mujrimûn (criminals, polytheists, sinners, disbelievers in the Islâmic Monotheism, wicked evil ones, etc.)! Get you apart this Day (from the believers).

60. Did I not ordain for you, O Children of Adam, that you should not worship Shaitân (Satan). Verily, he is a plain enemy to you.

61. And that you should worship Me [Alone Islâmic Monotheism, and set up not rivals, associate-gods with Me]. That is a Straight Path.

62. And indeed he (Satan) did lead astray a great multitude of you. Did you not, then, understand?

63. This is Hell which you were promised!

64. Burn therein this Day, for that you used to disbelieve.

65. This Day, We shall seal up their mouths, and their hands will speak to Us, and their legs will bear witness to what they used to earn. (It is said that one's left thigh will be the first to bear the witness). [Tafsir At-Tabarî, Vol. 22, Page 24]

66. And if it had been Our Will, We would surely have wiped out (blinded) their eyes, so that they would struggle for the Path, how then would they see?

67. And if it had been Our Will, We could have transformed them (into animals or lifeless objects) in their places. Then they should have been unable to go forward (move about) nor they could have turned back. [As it happened with the Jews see Verse 7:166 The Qur'ân].

68. And he whom We grant long life, We reverse him in creation (weakness after strength). Will they not then understand?

69. And We have not taught him (Muhammad ) poetry, nor is it meet for him. This is only a Reminder and a plain Qur'ân.

70. That he or it (Muhammad or the Qur'ân) may give warning to him who is living (a healthy minded the believer), and that Word (charge) may be justified against the disbelievers (dead, as they reject the warnings).

71. Do they not see that We have created for them of what Our Hands have created, the cattle, so that they are their owners.

72. And We have subdued them unto them so that some of them they have for riding and some they eat.

73. And they have (other) benefits from them (besides), and they get (milk) to drink, will they not then be grateful?

74. And they have taken besides Allâh âliha (gods), hoping that they might be helped (by those so called gods).

75. They cannot help them, but they will be brought forward as a troop against those who worshipped them (at the time of Reckoning).

76. So let not their speech, then, grieve you (O Muhammad ). Verily, We know what they conceal and what they reveal.

77. Does not man see that We have created him from Nutfah (mixed male and female discharge semen drops). Yet behold! He (stands forth) as an open opponent.

78. And he puts forth for Us a parable, and forgets his own creation. He says: "Who will give life to these bones when they have rotted away and became dust?"

79. Say: (O Muhammad ) "He will give life to them Who created them for the first time! And He is the All-Knower of every creation!"

80. He, Who produces for you fire out of the green tree, when behold! You kindle therewith.

81. Is not He, Who created the heavens and the earth Able to create the like of them? Yes, indeed! He is the All-Knowing Supreme Creator.

82. Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, "Be!" and it is!

83. So Glorified is He and Exalted above all that they associate with Him, and in Whose Hands is the dominion of all things, and to Him you shall be returned.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2008
Part 2 Suratul Ya'sin

[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/bpKLTLQBEXM[/flash]
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 3:18am On Jan 12, 2008
grin grin grin my favorite sura is the one prophet muhammed(s.a.w.) promised us that when we reach heaven , we will enjoy big bottom chics grin
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2008
Salam ,nice one mukina2

I enjoyed the video.

and thanks for the translation.

if only we can read and assimilate the meanings of that beautiful surah.

Enjoy.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2008
Salaam Muctarr wink

Ayatul Qusir

[flash=425,355]http://youtube.com/watch/v/FRaWrEDa8jM[/flash]
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 12:44pm On Jan 13, 2008
Salam

Thumbs up Mukina cheesy
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2008
@mdsocks

I have a question for you
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2008
Salaam Babs

i would post the video for surah Arahman later smiley
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2008
Salam babs

Am all ears, Whats the Question?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2008
Good work mukina2

Jazakallahu Khair
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2008
Suratul Rahman

[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/riW4W66ptqI[/flash]

. Surah Ar-Rahman (The Most Gracious)

In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful

1. The Most Beneficent (All�h)!

2. Has taught (you mankind) the Qur'�n (by His Mercy).

3. He created man.

4. He taught him eloquent speech.

5. The sun and the moon run on their fixed courses (exactly) calculated with measured out stages for each (for reckoning, etc.).

6. And the herbs (or stars) and the trees both prostrate.

7. And the heaven He has raised high, and He has set up the Balance.

8. In order that you may not transgress (due) balance.

9. And observe the weight with equity and do not make the balance deficient.

10. And the earth He has put for the creatures.

11. Therein are fruits, date-palms producing sheathed fruit-stalks (enclosing dates).

12. And also corn, with (its) leaves and stalk for fodder, and sweet-scented plants.

13. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

14. He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery.

15. And the jinns did He create from a smokeless flame of fire.

16. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

17. (He is) the Lord of the two easts (places of sunrise during early summer and early winter) and the Lord of the two wests (places of sunset during early summer and early winter).

18. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

19. He has let loosed the two seas (the salt water and the sweet) meeting together.

20. Between them is a barrier which none of them can transgress.

21. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

22. Out of them both come out pearl and coral.

23. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

24. And His are the ships going and coming in the seas, like mountains.

25. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

26. Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish.

27. And the Face of your Lord full of Majesty and Honour will abide forever.

28. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

29. Whosoever is in the heavens and on earth begs of Him (its needs from Him). Every day He has a matter to bring forth (such as giving honour to some, disgrace to some, life to some, death to some, etc.)!

30. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

31. We shall attend to you, O you two classes (jinns and men)!

32. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

33. O assembly of jinns and men! If you have power to pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, then pass (them)! But you will never be able to pass them, except with authority (from All�h)!

34. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

35. There will be sent against you both, smokeless flames of fire and (molten) brass, and you will not be able to defend yourselves.

36. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

37. Then when the heaven is rent asunder, and it becomes rosy or red like red-oil, or red hide.

38. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

39. So on that Day no question will be asked of man or jinn as to his sin, (because they have already been known from their faces either white or black).

40. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

41. The Mujrim�n (polytheists, criminals, sinners, etc.) will be known by their marks (black faces), and they will be seized by their forelocks and their feet.

42. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

43. This is Hell which the Mujrim�n (polytheists, criminals, sinners, etc.) denied.

44. They will go between it (Hell) and the boiling hot water!

45. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

46. But for him who [the true believer of Isl�mic Monotheism who performs all the duties ordained by All�h and His Messenger Muhammad , and keeps away (abstain) from all kinds of sin and evil deeds prohibited in Isl�m and] fears the standing before his Lord, there will be two Gardens (i.e. in Paradise).

47. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

48. With spreading branches;

49. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

50. In them (both) will be two springs flowing (free)

51. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

52. In them (both) will be every kind of fruit in pairs.

53. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

54. Reclining upon the couches lined with silk brocade, and the fruits of the two Gardens will be near at hand.

55. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

56. Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them.

57. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

58. (In beauty) they are like rubies and coral.

59. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

60. Is there any reward for good other than good?

61. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

62. And besides these two, there are two other Gardens (i.e. in Paradise).

63. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

64. Dark green (in colour).

65. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

66. In them (both) will be two springs gushing forth water.

67. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

68. In them (both) will be fruits, and date- palms and pomegranates.

69. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

70. Therein (gardens) will be fair (wives) good and beautiful;

71. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

72. Houris (beautiful, fair females) restrained in pavilions;

73. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

74. Whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them.

75. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

76. Reclining on green cushions and rich beautiful mattresses.

77. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

78. Blessed be the Name of your Lord (All�h), the Owner of Majesty and Honour.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by holythug(m): 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2008
mine is Suratul Fil ( elephant)
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by holythug(m): 7:55pm On Jan 15, 2008
i also love Suratul Mariam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2008
Mariam is my fave too cheesy
suratul fil was the first Sara surah in our Madrasa smiley
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by holythug(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2008
i love d name Mariam cos av been in relationships wit 5 different Mariam
currently Mariam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Biliamin(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2008
I love every aspect of Al-Quran
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2008
Salam Billiamin

Yeah, we all love the enitre Surahs

But ,i know you will have a fav.

@holythug

Why edit the post?

I know thats not a reason, cheesy

Ma salam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by gists: 7:56am On Jan 18, 2008
For some reason I have a feeling that I'm one of the topmost people Allah is asking which of His favours can I deny. How else can I explain a regular university graduate (not first class, but 2-2) who never search for a job! A few months in my first work, I got two other offers in the same week! one is a telecom coy and the other an oil coy. I settled for the oil coy only (upon resumption) to be given a better salary than I negotiated without making any move. Some years after, their is down sizing (due to militant activities resulting in huge loses for the coy). But somehow, someway without pushing any button (at least I didn't ask for any human assistance) I survived the downsizing execerse.

That's why I choose surat'l Rahman. Looking back to many other of His favours too numerous to count (like escaping death many year ago), I see no reason why I should not serve HIM forever.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 18, 2008
Salam gists

Alhamdulilah ,

I also like Suratul Rahman,
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 18, 2008
Since most of you like Suratul Mariam

Am posting the translation here

Do enjoy,

Surah 19 - Maryam MARY

019.001 Kaf, Ha, Ya, 'Ain, Sad.

019.002 (This is) a recital of the Mercy of thy Lord to His servant Zakariya.

019.003 Behold! he cried to his Lord in secret,

019.004 Praying: "O my Lord! infirm indeed are my bones, and the hair of my head doth glisten with grey: but never am I unblest, O my Lord, in my prayer to Thee!

019.005 "Now I fear (what) my relatives (and colleagues) (will do) after me: but my wife is barren: so give me an heir as from Thyself,-

019.006 "(One that) will (truly) represent me, and represent the posterity of Jacob; and make him, O my Lord! one with whom Thou art well-pleased!"

019.007 (His prayer was answered): "O Zakariya! We give thee good news of a son: His name shall be Yahya: on none by that name have We conferred distinction before."

019.008 He said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son, when my wife is barren and I have grown quite decrepit from old age?"

019.009 He said: "So (it will be) thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: I did indeed create thee before, when thou hadst been nothing!'"

019.010 (Zakariya) said: "O my Lord! give me a Sign." "Thy Sign," was the answer, "Shall be that thou shalt speak to no man for three nights, although thou art not dumb."

019.011 So Zakariya came out to his people from his chamber: He told them by signs to celebrate God's praises in the morning and in the evening.

019.012 (To his son came the command): "O Yahya! take hold of the Book with might": and We gave him Wisdom even as a youth,

019.013 And pity (for all creatures) as from Us, and purity: He was devout,

019.014 And kind to his parents, and he was not overbearing or rebellious.

019.015 So Peace on him the day he was born, the day that he dies, and the day that he will be raised up to life (again)!

019.016 Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.

019.017 She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.

019.018 She said: "I seek refuge from thee to (God) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear God."

019.019 He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.

019.020 She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?"

019.021 He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed."

019.022 So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.

019.023 And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: She cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!"

019.024 But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): "Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;

019.025 "And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.

019.026 "So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man, say, 'I have vowed a fast to (God) Most Gracious, and this day will I enter into not talk with any human being'"

019.027 At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!

019.028 "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"

019.029 But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

019.030 He said: "I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;

019.031 "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

019.032 "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;

019.033 "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

019.034 Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

019.035 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

019.036 Verily God is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.

019.037 But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a Momentous Day!

019.038 How plainly will they see and hear, the Day that they will appear before Us! but the unjust today are in error manifest!

019.039 But warn them of the Day of Distress, when the matter will be determined: for (behold,) they are negligent and they do not believe!

019.040 It is We Who will inherit the earth, and all beings thereon: to Us will they all be returned.

019.041 (Also) mention in the Book (the story of) Abraham: He was a man of Truth, a prophet.

019.042 Behold, he said to his father: "O my father! why worship that which heareth not and seeth not, and can profit thee nothing?

019.043 "O my father! to me hath come knowledge which hath not reached thee: so follow me: I will guide thee to a way that is even and straight.

019.044 "O my father! serve not Satan: for Satan is a rebel against (God) Most Gracious.

019.045 "O my father! I fear lest a Penalty afflict thee from (God) Most Gracious, so that thou become to Satan a friend."

019.046 (The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Abraham? If thou forbear not, I will indeed stone thee: Now get away from me for a good long while!"

019.047 Abraham said: "Peace be on thee: I will pray to my Lord for thy forgiveness: for He is to me Most Gracious.

019.048 "And I will turn away from you (all) and from those whom ye invoke besides God: I will call on my Lord: perhaps, by my prayer to my Lord, I shall be not unblest."

019.049 When he had turned away from them and from those whom they worshipped besides God, We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and each one of them We made a prophet.

019.050 And We bestowed of Our Mercy on them, and We granted them lofty honour on the tongue of truth.

019.051 Also mention in the Book (the story of) Moses: for he was specially chosen, and he was an apostle (and) a prophet.

019.052 And we called him from the right side of Mount (Sinai), and made him draw near to Us, for mystic (converse).

019.053 And, out of Our Mercy, We gave him his brother Aaron, (also) a prophet.

019.054 Also mention in the Book (the story of) Isma'il: He was (strictly) true to what he promised, and he was an apostle (and) a prophet.

019.055 He used to enjoin on his people Prayer and Charity, and he was most acceptable in the sight of his Lord.

019.056 Also mention in the Book the case of Idris: He was a man of truth (and sincerity), (and) a prophet:

019.057 And We raised him to a lofty station.

019.058 Those were some of the prophets on whom God did bestow His Grace,- of the posterity of Adam, and of those who We carried (in the Ark) with Noah, and of the posterity of Abraham and Israel of those whom We guided and chose. Whenever the Signs of (God) Most Gracious were rehearsed to them, they would fall down in prostrate adoration and in tears.

019.059 But after them there followed a posterity who missed prayers and followed after lusts soon, then, will they face Destruction,-

019.060 Except those who repent and believe, and work righteousness: for these will enter the Garden and will not be wronged in the least,-

019.061 Gardens of Eternity, those which (God) Most Gracious has promised to His servants in the Unseen: for His promise must (necessarily) come to pass.

019.062 They will not there hear any vain discourse, but only salutations of Peace: And they will have therein their sustenance, morning and evening.

019.063 Such is the Garden which We give as an inheritance to those of Our servants who guard against Evil.

019.064 (The angels saysmiley "We descend not but by command of thy Lord: to Him belongeth what is before us and what is behind us, and what is between: and thy Lord never doth forget,-

019.065 "Lord of the heavens and of the earth, and of all that is between them; so worship Him, and be constant and patient in His worship: knowest thou of any who is worthy of the same Name as He?"

019.066 Man says: "What! When I am dead, shall I then be raised up alive?"

019.067 But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?

019.068 So, by thy Lord, without doubt, We shall gather them together, and (also) the Evil Ones (with them); then shall We bring them forth on their knees round about Hell;

019.069 Then shall We certainly drag out from every sect all those who were worst in obstinate rebellion against (God) Most Gracious.

019.070 And certainly We know best those who are most worthy of being burned therein.

019.071 Not one of you but will pass over it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished.

019.072 But We shall save those who guarded against evil, and We shall leave the wrong-doers therein, (humbled) to their knees.

019.073 When Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them, the Unbelievers say to those who believe, "Which of the two sides is best in point of position? Which makes the best show in council?"

019.074 But how many (countless) generations before them have we destroyed, who were even better in equipment and in glitter to the eye?

019.075 Say: "If any men go astray, (God) Most Gracious extends (the rope) to them, until, when they see the warning of God (being fulfilled) - either in punishment or in (the approach of) the Hour,- they will at length realise who is worst in position, and (who) weaker in forces!

019.076 "And God doth advance in guidance those who seek guidance: and the things that endure, Good Deeds, are best in the sight of thy Lord, as rewards, and best in respect of (their) eventual return."

019.077 Hast thou then seen the (sort of) man who rejects Our Signs, yet says: "I shall certainly be given wealth and children?"

019.078 Has he penetrated to the Unseen, or has he taken a contract with (God) Most Gracious?

019.079 Nay! We shall record what he says, and We shall add and add to his punishment.

019.080 To Us shall return all that he talks of and he shall appear before Us bare and alone.

019.081 And they have taken (for worship) gods other than God, to give them power and glory!

019.082 Instead, they shall reject their worship, and become adversaries against them.

019.083 Seest thou not that We have set the Evil Ones on against the unbelievers, to incite them with fury?

019.084 So make no haste against them, for We but count out to them a (limited) number (of days).

019.085 The day We shall gather the righteous to (God) Most Gracious, like a band presented before a king for honours,

019.086 And We shall drive the sinners to Hell, like thirsty cattle driven down to water,-

019.087 None shall have the power of intercession, but such a one as has received permission (or promise) from (God) Most Gracious.

019.088 They say: "(God) Most Gracious has begotten a son!"

019.089 Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous!

019.090 As if the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin.

019.091 That they should invoke a son for (God) Most Gracious.

019.092 For it is not consonant with the majesty of (God) Most Gracious that He should beget a son.

019.093 Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to (God) Most Gracious as a servant.

019.094 He does take an account of them (all), and hath numbered them (all) exactly.

019.095 And everyone of them will come to Him singly on the Day of Judgment.

019.096 On those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, will (God) Most Gracious bestow love.

019.097 So have We made the (Qur'an) easy in thine own tongue, that with it thou mayest give Glad Tidings to the righteous, and warnings to people given to contention.

019.098 But how many (countless) generations before them have We destroyed? Canst thou find a single one of them (now) or hear (so much as) a whisper of them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

54 Muslim Players For The Premier League Season 2016-2017 / Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.