Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48748 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by bawomolo(m): 1:22am On Oct 08, 2008
.I don't think a man that actually embezzled government money can to be categorized an average citizen a day after leaving office,so i don't think my father actually did that

are you in denial of amala politics grin. i'm sorry but your career would always be clouded by your father's past except you disassociate from him

And who says a youth leader can't aspire for a seat in the house of reps,but we know a youth is the speaker

and what makes you comparable to dimeji bankole it's funny how you think you are entitled to a seat in the house. you can make a contribution to the life of the people of oyo without being an honorable.

anyway awolumate - na where u get your gist o shocked
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by awolumate(m): 7:50am On Oct 08, 2008
@dapolam.

If you know whats good for you. Just face whatever kind of Job you are doing now.  Una don chop Enough. Bunch of Goons.   ehehe Lam Lam u 4 rep ?  grin grin grin grin wonder wonder wonder w,

@bawomolo

My Brother I grew up in Ibadan and lived there while His father was calling the shots and he as [i]The Man [/i]of town. That wasn't a gist,It was a reality. It contributed to his father loss of popularity in the state.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Fhemmmy: 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2008
awolumate:

@Fhemmmy

Obviously You don't know anything about Naija politics or who Dapo is, Then u might just be better off as a spectator,just read and pass abeg. We that grew up in Ibadan and roaming the street of Ibadan looking for jobs after Degrees upon Degrees while His father reigns as the Oyo state Governor and Him Dapo painting town red with his numerous cars,booze and girls , hmmm Dapo eheheh wonders shall never end.

@ Dapo

If your father offered us nothing then I wonder what you have to offer us. Like father like Son. And with the way you go about oppressing youths during your father days would be an insult upon injury to have you as Rep which is possible because there are No elections in Naija,its all about Selection.

For all those that were in Ibadan or lives in Oyo state during his father reign . You can all recollect what his father reaction was on a live TV program when he was asked on why Dapo is spending and living large around Ibadan,This is the father Response. Ah efi awon omo wun le oo,Awon omo wun jiya po. Eje won o jaiye won oo ( Meaning Please leave those kids,They have suffered a lot,let them enjoy themselves ). Same goes to the wife and we knew you were all nothing before your father became the GOV. God will judge u all. Assholes. sad Lam ko Ram ni.

I remember admitting that i dont know too much abt oyo politics neither do i know dapo and his father, so thanx for educating me, and since i have been sidelined, lemme grab my chair and light my Cuban Cigar and cream on da rock.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by DisGuy: 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
We the people of Nairaland/Ibadan challenge you to a public debate via You Tube (you know what that is?)

with 250,000 members our votes might just count. . . tongue
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Fhemmmy: 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2008
Dis Guy:

We the people of Nairaland/Ibadan challenge you to a public debate via You Tube (you know what that is?)

with 250,000 members our votes might just count. . . tongue

Good point.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by gbolah1(m): 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
What (Awolumate) was saying is true, the guy really enjoy him self when his father was in power, I was in poly ibadan then and I watch that interview when they ask is father if he can call is soon in to order, and I know what his father used to reply the person that ask that question, even the presented have to cut the phone off from that person so that he will not continue the question.

Well my own contribution is that is good to be good, the fact remains that the guy as a bad record in ibadan but know amount of bad record he has, he will definatly win the ticket under AC comes 2011 and if AC is strong in ibadan then he will win the election, no doubt about that, but the truth is that I know the guy very well and I know most of is movement how he used to oppress people in ibadann when is father was in power.

Never mind he as grown up now and he might have drop those behavior now, I wish him best of luck but this will teach people like him that is good to be good.

Even is father lost out in 2003 election base on his character. Lack of approach etc. I don’t need to join word with him but if he read this tread he will knows that what am saying is true, As I said earlier I wish him best and if eventually he got to house of rep he should try and think of how there family was in 1996-1998 before election and used that to impact poor masses life. They are from grass to grace.

God bless Nigeria, God bless Ibadan people, am from ibadan but base in Lagos now so I know what am talking about.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2008
Debate on you tube,I am very ready.Infact it would be better live not on the internet.But anyhow i am always ready.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by sleekdot(m): 11:21pm On Oct 08, 2008
This Dapo was a very poor razz UI boy before his dad became governor. Immediately after, He became larger than life, Benz, Navigators.

Tell me since you have graduated what have you been doing? Profiting from The Useless politicians around? have you ever worked anywhere? i am just curious and don't give me any NGO or unsubstantiated Political group.

I heard at a point in time he had an accident and millions were found in his car boot.

If you don't know Dapo was one major reason his Dad did not win the 2nd term election. Ibadan people were thoroughly oppressed by this guy

What have you contributed to the community since you graduated to serve as a credential to go into the House of Reps?

I am from Oyo State but I beg you people DON'T VOTE DAPO LAM ADESINA FOR HOUSE OF REP

His bad behavious around Ibadan became a subject of public discourse even on TV programs. I am no longer in Ibadan But I doubt if any Governor kid ever oppressed like Dapo Lam Adesina. or are the other governors Childless Why were you the most notorious Governors son In the whole of the South West?

Ladoja , Akala, Gbenga Daniels, Tinubu, Fashola, Bisi Akande, Oyinlola, Fayose, Adeniyi Adebayo, Agagu etc all had Children but None I repeat None was as notorious as Dapo lam Adesina

I can only imagine what would happen if this guy becomes governor.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2008
Gbolah,thank you so much but i still insist the issue of TV programme is very untrue.Anyway this is how democracy should be operated.People should have the right to say what they feel about people most importantly politicians.Maybe Nigeria would have bn better if our leaders too can come online and hear what people feel.The issue of enjoyment when my father was governor,it is not a crime to enjoy,is it?the most important thing is surely we did not steal government money and we did not execute any government contract but sure even if u become governor today wont your status change?There are so many benefits of bn a governor and a governors son.You say bad record,very untrue, do u mean riding a car is bad record?or having a girl friend for a university undergrad is bad record?I was never arrested nor caught doing any shady thing,so where is the bad record?Or maybe cos my social status changed cos my father became governor is bad record?I dont drink alcohol not to say i misbehaved when i got drunk,so where is the bad record?pls prove me wrong.Also what do u define as oppression?i never used any security agent to harras anyone nor was i moving about with any security,so where is the oppression?The issue of my father losing the 2003 election kindly go and find out well.The results are still there that Lam Adesina won the whole of Ibadan,Ibarapa,Oyo and oke ogun but only lost in Ogbomosho and sure u heard Governor Akala recently when he said he was the brain behind the result in ogbomosho.The same has happened to Senator ajimobi recently.So it is very obvious that if not for the rigging,Lam adesina won the Election.and even Late Adedibu confirmed what they did at a public function at Adamasingba Stadium before his death.kindly find out that.Grass to grace is true but remember no one was born rich or great.Thank you once again.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2008
Sleekdot,thanks also for the post,but i entered Ui after my father became governor.Also i have never in my life driven a navigator but have driven my fathers mercedes benz before.I am into oil and gas and i work with skipet oil and gas limited with Rc number 705989.I have also never had an accident before in my life but my immediate junior brother was the one that was involved in an accident.Thank you.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by idupaul: 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2008
Pls guys stick to issue and stop all this talk of oppression, it could be mistaken for bad belle
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by sleekdot(m): 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2008
Sleekdot,thanks also for the post,but i entered Ui after my father became governor.Also i have never in my life driven a navigator but have driven my fathers mercedes benz before.I am into oil and gas and i work with skipet oil and gas limited with Rc number 705989.I have also never had an accident before in my life but my immediate junior brother was the one that was involved in an accident.Thank you.
@Dapo hear yourself speak.

You work at Skipet oil and gas. a company that has no website so we cant actually verify.

Pls who are the directors i guess this is another outfit for you and your family members to get oil blocks from Politicians.

The more you talk the more you expose yourself.

Give me the company profile of Skipet. what are their business strategy apart from sharing government money.

Where is their headquarters. Is it upstream or Down steam.

Who are their directors.

What was the profit last year before and after tax

What is their EBITDA. who is the company secretary, who is the MD, How many staffs do they have?

When was it incorporated.

Who are the auditors.

what is their strategy Successful effort or what.

What was your position at the company are you the secretary, Financial analyst or the MD.

What was your Bank account like pre 1999 and Post 2003 ( the four years that your Dad was Governor)
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 12:11am On Oct 09, 2008
Skipet oil and gas is a very new company incorporated few months ago.We operate in the downstream sector and it is run by four partners which includes myself.Maybe that answers you and pre 1991 i was in ui so sure cant have incorporated any company.At least my father is out of power so there shouldnt be issues of government contracts and money sharing nor oil blocks no more.This is 5 years after.Maybe we should face issues like idupaul has said.Because we cannot continue to operate on hearsay.I have proved you wrong with all the info u came here with.Maybe you should prove me wrong.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by sleekdot(m): 12:22am On Oct 09, 2008
When did you get into UI and when did you graduate?

Can you then explain the gap in your career or what were you doing before this Skipet Oil and gas thingy came up? After Graduation where did you work before you came up with this Skipet thing.

Where did you get the money to float the company.

The downstream sector is capital intensive where did you get capital from bank? You need a colateral.

What was your net worth pre 1999 and post 2003.

If you want to run for public office your life and past you be made known so that people know that they are not voting a fraudulent and corrupt person into office. 

Then I wnt to know about the company as they don't have any website to enlighten us. This is the typical nigerian Fraud. A company without a website in 2008!!!!.

Your dad is no longer governor is very lame an excuse for an aspiring rep!!!

Is it only people whose dad are pcurrent governors thats profit and enrich themselves unethically from Govt?

Does not mean you don't get contract from government.  IBB has been out of govt for 15 years yet he gets contracts Same with Danjuma and others.

What issue are we facing when we don't know your source of livelihood before the skipet thing that came up some months ago.

Give me the company profile of Skipet. what are their business strategy apart from sharing government money.

Where is their headquarters. Is it upstream or Down steam. You said downstream where is the refinery? Do you refine? what product exactly do you deal with?

PMS, DPK, LPG or what?

How many staffs do they have?

Who are the auditors.

What was your Bank account like pre 1999 and Post 2003 ( the four years that your Dad was Governor)
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 12:31am On Oct 09, 2008
Sorry I want to go to bed now,its 12 30 here.we d continue later n d day.have a nice night.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by bawomolo(m): 2:01am On Oct 09, 2008
The downstream sector is capital intensive where did you get capital from bank? You need a colateral.

hmm for a guy who claims to be middle-class, how the hell is he a partner is an oil firm.

anyway as per the issues, mr.dapo, what is your stance on education, especially the decaying public schools. are you going to disappear from public view if you win the election. nigerian politicans tend to become invisible when they get into office
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by fyneguy: 2:02am On Oct 09, 2008
hmmm I like Dapo's mien

I was in UI when Dapo too was and I like to state that I heard stories about his lifestyle. Nobody really proved it. stories like taking guys in his car to Oyo to go and eat amala  grin  "He lives in the lecturer's quarters, the only one with an airconditioner " bla bla bla grin

I guess his popularity made  people become interested in his activities and the fact that he had a humble past before then. So if Dapo, whose dad was known as the president of Ibadan newspaper free readers association, suddenly became a cruiser of mercedes benz, it became breaking news.

Governor Bisi akande's daughter was also in UI same period but she wasnt popular. Infact she casually told me and I almost didnt believe until i looked at her closely. she was just like any other student. I guess her dad must have advised her to keep a low profile.

In Dapo's case, he didnt keep a ''low profile''. However it's no crime!  If he actually used his father's position to perpetrate fraud and social vices, then he'd deserve more than crucifixion.

We shouldnt judge him based on what we heard. I didnt have a car when I was in UI; that doesnt mean it's a crime to do. If he were in UI without a car, the same people would say "na wa for this people sef, which kain yeye governor son be this wey dey suffer in the midst of plenty" as that was the case with Bisi Akande's daughter. Biochemistry students were always yabbing her for keeping it low. "Chei this chic na mumu sha"

Our concern should be if Dapo's interests in politics are popular. I for one, commend Dapo for coming here to discuss with nairalanders. It's unlike naija politicians.

I also know that some jittery PDP appologists will be here to throw spanners to his political wheels, fronting as neutral nairalanders.

Dapo, you just go ahead and intimate us with your programmes. You may just be the one we need to effect the desired changes.

btw if I'm convinced, i would mobilise my family members in felele rab to work for your cause.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 3:50am On Oct 09, 2008
@Fyneguy and bawomolo,

Reeling out programs is probably the easiest thing to do in politics. Going by programs and manifesto Nigeria shouldnt be where we are now.

Didn't yar Adua tell us about some fantastic 7 point agenda?

This dapo should be made to account for his previous life. Who does not know dapo Lam Adesina in the whole of the SWest between 1999-2003 and definitely not for humanitarian reasons.

But like an earlier poster said, what was his worth in 1999 and in 2003. How much was His dad's salary to justify his ostentatious life he lived then?

Therefore he is guilty of corrupt enrichment. For his lifestyle to be an issue of public discourse in the whole South west that means he helped himself in no small means with public funds through the office of his dad.

How many people here can mention the names of other governors children? That meant he helped himself in no small measure

So if Dapo, whose dad was known as the president of Ibadan newspaper free readers association, suddenly became a cruiser of mercedes benz, it became breaking news.

How come he could get enough money to float an oil company.

As was said here His parents claimed "people should leave their son alone and let him enjoy afterall he had suffered in the past" from whose money.

from his daddy's salary or from money that was meant for the development of Oyo State?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:51am On Oct 09, 2008
Sleekdot,i entered ui 1999 and graduated 2005.I didnt have an extra year o cos i know you would start on that.it was due to the strikes at that time.I finished from the dept of agricultural engineering,in case you might want to confirm all that.I went for service in enugu and finished service in 2006 and we started skipet in 2008.The money to float Skipet was raised by the four of us and we worth less than 10 million naira.The downstream sector is not only about refining as you have said it also includes supply,distribution,storing etc.We are just suppliers in the sector and for confirmation of our account we use Zenith bank Dugbe ibadan,It might not be too safe to give out account number(s) on the internet but i can give a written letter for anyone to confirm the account status and history.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2008
Bawomolo,i definitely will not run from the people because i know the worth of people.Also i can assure you that i am a listening person and i know a bit about handling issues when it comes to human beings.So i will not disappear from the scene after winning cos i know that at the end of the day even you will support me as we are all after a better Nigeria.The issue of decaying education standard,it is very disheartening because if we had not had good and sound education how on earth would we have been a better person?That is what most of our leaders dont know.People like Obafemi Awolowo knows the essence of education and that is why they came up with free education which Bola Ige and my father followed.But the conservatives knows that when people are educated they will be able to stand up and fight against bad governance and will also know their rights.So i as a person will seek to pass a bill that will be on a minimum of secondary school level for all citizens of this country and it must be free.Also massive renovation and construction of schools and a better package for teachers.Also the idea of politicizing employment of teachers must stop.It must be on merit and brain.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2008
Sleekdot,how many of these people have their children schooling in Nigeria?We should even give kudos to lam Adesina for not sending his children abroad to school when he was Governor.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2008
Fyne guy,Remember Wura Akande is a girl?And sure you can never compare a mans popularity with a woman's.Remember obama/clinton?, lol
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2008
dayokanu, I have said it several times and i will still continue to say it that i challenge anyone that has details of any corrupt enrichment by myself or my father to come out and i will jettison this my ambition.Also details of me collecting a kobo from Oyo State government whether under my father or anyone through proxy or in person.Or having bn awarded any contract during my fathers era,before or after.i want anyone to prove me wrong o.I am not a saint neither is my father but sure we are better than a lot of these people.Come to Oyo State now and see what is going on and you can compare and contrast.i also challenge anyone that thinks Lam Adesina is unpopular in Oyo State to come to town and let us move round town and ask questions from the voiceless masses if they love him or not.You will be surprised at what you will hear or just lets move round and you will see that the Dapo you dislike is loved so much by the masses down here.I will pay for the transportation to make things easy.In Oyo State 85 percent of the votes come from the voiceless masses.but sure its a matter of time we d all come together to salvage our country.As i have said i am for a change and i am ready to step down for a better candidate if such comes out to contest.It isnt a do or die affair.With God on our side Nigeria will still be great again.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by jaybee3(m): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2008
@dapolam
Even though i still have my reservations concerning your political ambition, i must commend you for coming here to defend yourself.
It is true that no matter how nice you are one will always have people that have things against them.
You might be a lot wiser now and have true desire and will to serve your people so with God all things are possible.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:06am On Oct 09, 2008
Jaybee thank you.Nigeria will be great again whether with dapolam in the house of reps or as president or a councillor or a normal citizen.Nigeria must surely be great again.All i stand for is just a change of the status quo.God bless us all
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by gbolah1(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2008
Am getting interest in this guy day by day, I commend you for coming on this forum to defend your self, It will be more good for you if eventually you get there and you used the position to impact masses, after that you may be the next gubernatorial candidate in 2015, I know by now the hole of your family must have learn  great lesson after 2003  election,  

The true is that your father try is best when is in power but he lack way of approach which make things worst for him but not withstanding everybody learn from his or her past mistake, once again I wish you best of luck and commend you for coming on this forum to defend your self I know with this you will definatly catch lot of people attention (ko se eni ti won ma gbe gun esin ti ko ni je aye oloba) I believe that is what exactly happen then, but now you have learn a greet lesson and I know you will share it with your upcoming generation, go ahead and passel your ambition, success shall be yours by the special grace of GOD
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2008
Gbolah,Thank you so much.And amen to all your prayers.Sure all these hullabaloo about my house of reps ambition can at the end of the day be for you or anybody else.Cos as i have said i am not a desperado,I want to serve but if the people says no,Who am i.But surely come 2011 the best candidates must win and take over power.Also one of my plans is after i must have secured the ticket of my party by the special grace of God,i will sign an agreement and swear an affidavit that after two years of my election if i dont affect the lives of the populace positively,They should call for me to resign and i will surely do.I will break the jinx of public office holders not wanting to resign,But that is if people are not satisfied with my performance.Thank God we know that Lam Adesina tried compared to other governors who had billions of Naira to work with.Nigeria is our own and it must surely be great again.Let us join hands together and build a virile and egalitarian society,so that we can all enjoy.I enjoy Nairaland and the brains here.i am sure having so much fun.Keeping me on my toes always.Maybe if our politicians can also be coming online for scrutiny and bashing,maybe it will make us better people.I have learnt a lot here and i have to give kudos to you all.God bless us all.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 11:30am On Oct 09, 2008
Also if i dont have good desires to serve the people or i have a motive behind my ambition asides service to the people,God Almighty will not let me have the opportunity to get into power but if truly i am real,God will make a way and make it easy for me.Also other politicians that have selfish interest and dont have anything to offer the masses will not have their ways again in our Country by the special Grace of God.Let us all unite and say a big No to riggers of elections,rogues,thugs,looters and most especially politicians that dont fear God and dont have the love of the masses at heart.By this we can achieve a better Nigeria.If there is a better candidate tomorrow, Dapo Lam Adesina will seat down and give a total support to the candidate.Nigeria shall be great again.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by gbolah1(m): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2008
Kindly post your present picture for people to sea how you look like now,
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cholerik(m): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2008
nairalanders shud maybe take it easy with the man. he should first of all,make clear the party he intends to use to achieve his dream. honestly,that would be the surest indicator of his intentions no matter what he says as i see he's droppin a whole lot of grammar, i must say,he has already learnt well on how to sweet talk pple,
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2008
Action Congress by the grace of God.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by bawomolo(m): 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2008
.So i as a person will seek to pass a bill that will be on a minimum of secondary school level for all citizens of this country and it must be free.

i disagree, keep in mind. free education isn't always quality education.

Also massive renovation and construction of schools and a better package for teachers.Also the idea of politicizing employment of teachers must stop.It must be on merit and brain.

this sounds good, but the question is where would the money come from with nigeria only spending .8% of it's GDP on education lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Borno State Senator Ali Ndume Is A Boko Haram Sponsor - Spokesman / Dino Melaye Looks Sporty In White Outfits / Nastura Sharif Arrest: Bashir Tofa Warns Buhari

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.