Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48726 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Lagosboy: 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2011
@Dapolam

Well done to you , honestly i admire your courage and the ability to come back here to check out the thread just 3 days after your loss in the lection. It shows you have moved on, dont listen to all the negative criticism , many of these people will pray to have the opportunity you had in contesting as well.

I guess you are in your early 30s, so you have more time on your side to still represent your people.

Good job you tried and that is where the satisfaction lies.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Xfactoria: 12:02pm On Apr 12, 2011
dapolam:

We all have spoken our minds once again but I can assure you all like I used to say that it is never a do or die affair.The things that went wrong is just the kinda of politics we play in Oyo.

Why did ACN clear Ogun State even when we all had the same type of Primaries?

In Oyo State the PDP is leading by winning more seats in the HOR.I have lost and I have accepted defeat but I can assure you that I never lost to the parties you claimed but the insiders who wanted to take a pound of flesh on my father for losing in the primaries.

Let me state claerly here that Ajimobi was the best to have been picked and I pray he wins.I have moved on since Saturday night and I have addressed my people on the need for us to buckle up and make sure Oyo State does not fall into the hands of certain people again.

On the issue of Primaries,I can state clearly here that I worked tirelessly for it and if not for the fact that I am Lam Adesina's Son,I am sure u all will praise me and not crucify me as you are all doing now.

I have said that either in position or not the struggle for a better society must continue and I am leading the crusade now to chart a new course for Nigerian youths.Even though I have lost but I am never down.I have tried where people feel it is impossible and I am syure the sjy is the limit for Nigetian youths.There is a reference point now in Dapo Lam for anyone to come up and challenge the status quo of leaders thinking the youths cannot do it.

I am a fuffilled man.Thanks to all Nairalaanders for the criticism all the time.

Let us leave Dapo Lam now and join hands to see how we can influence our society and the people that won to do what is right.

It is well with all of us.

God bless always.

Dapo, kudos to you for even attempting to give audience to people here on NL. Olumide Osoba didn't even do what you did and he won in Ogun State. I wonder why that proud and irresponsible boy has not been a subject here. Dapo, you are about the only former governor's son dead or alive that will make himself available for public scrutiny like you have done here.

There are a whole lot of "bad-belle" people here who prayed for your downfall. I am sure none of them will dare reveal their identities because they are cowards who hide under a faceless forum like this to spread rumour and untrue stories. I'd expect that people will judge you on the content of your character rather than the fact that you are a former governor's son. A lot of your criticisms here, especially those that border on your father's tenure are very very unfair.

We matriculated and graduated from the Faculty of Technology, UI same day. I studied Civil Engineering. Although we have few contacts, I can tell of your humility while we were both in UI. Sometimes, it is better to ignore stuffs like this and move on. You don't owe anybody any proof/explanation of anything more than what you have done here. Let your response to those who celebrated your loss be seen in how you will leap in bounds to that enviable heights you have your sights on.

Do not be deterred. I know that Ajimobi might consider you for a commissioner post if he wins and you must prove a point to these folks with it.

All the best brother.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by sledge406: 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
Got this off a friend's status and I must say, I've laughed to the core and can't fit to laff no more. wink cheesy grin

LMAO! Gov. Akala of Oyo State was interviewed on air and a lady called in, she showered praises and sang encomium of his accomplishments. She asked about the renovation of AGODI prison in Ibadan,the gov answer with a smile saying work is in progress. she reply "please do it well cause that where you will be spending the rest of Ur life". the Gov. cursed and cursed till they went off air.
shocked shocked shocked

I still retain, whether true or not, this sure had cracked me up.
cheesy grin cool
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Jarus(m): 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2011
I must commend Dapo's courage to come here, less than 48 hours after losing a Federal election. Remembering this place at this peak period of politik, is no mean action. I almost wrote here yesterday that before Dapo can remember he was engaging some people on the internet, it may take at least 2 weeks, especialy since he lost.

I have contested and lost a far 'smaller' election(Departmental, varsity) before and I know how it tastes to lose an election. How much more an election that would have brought one into national limelight, especially when one factors in the fact that it was a 'near-miss' given the performance of ACN in the state generally.
semid4lyfe:

Hmmm, I looked into my crystal ball and it told me our very own [b]Jarus will be running for political office in the not too distant future [/b] wink

For the outcome, come and see me with a Ghana-Must-Go grin grin

Never say never. Kwara 2015, insha Allah!!! cheesy
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by opalu: 1:49pm On Apr 12, 2011
[size=14pt]This dapo guy is indeed one of the heroes we have on Nairaland. He was fighting both external and internal forces in Oyo state. It is just 3 and a half years from now, another election would be held and luckily, Ajimobi would be the Governor and his ride will be easier
[/size]
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by kobomoje(m): 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, was he ever really a nairalander? I mean the dude probably showed up like 3 times and that was it for all we know.

@ kobojunkie: yes i am a (silent) Nairalander and it is a must for me to vist this site everyday. I occasionally log in to drop my comments.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
kobomoje:

@ kobojunkie: yes i am a (silent) Nairalander and it is a must for me to vist this site everyday. I occasionally log in to drop my comments.

wait a second . . . you are Dapolam?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by opalu: 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
kobomoje:

Your ID is similar to that of the acclaimed Kobojunkie
I charge you for IDcopylization and imKOBOpersonation.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by opalu: 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

wait a second . . . you are Dapolam?? shocked shocked shocked

He isn't but he is OP
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by deols(f): 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2011
ok! am surprised Dapo came here at a time like this, But, he is the politician and i bet he needs to show how good he can be. Prove yourself to us as advised and you would be surprised(like I am now. . .LOL) at how soon we'll forget about your past and support you in the future.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by bkbabe97y(m): 4:40pm On Apr 12, 2011
X-factoria:

Dapo, kudos to you for even attempting to give audience to people here on NL. Olumide Osoba didn't even do what you did and he won in Ogun State. I wonder why that proud and irresponsible boy has not been a subject here. Dapo, you are about the only former governor's son dead or alive that will make himself available for public scrutiny like you have done here.

Olumide Osoba won?! ROFLMAO! That fuxcking weirdo! Nigeria you guys are sick for real. This dude visits when he's in NY and if u've ever been around him you'll know how fuxcking creepy Olumide is! Geez!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Apr 12, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Very True!!!

I'm pretty sure there are more siblings of past public office holders who contested in the National Assembly Elections and many more will still contest in the State Assembly Elections.

Olumide Osoba (the son of former Governor of Ogun State, Olusegun Osoba) also contested the National Assembly Election in Ogun state. I'm assuming he won since his party the ACN swept the state.

Olumide was my senior in Secondary School and I know him quite well so I have no problem with him winning. It's always good to have friends in high places wink

WOW! Just discovered I've hit 7000 posts with this comment cool

Were you in ISL also?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by niyimat(m): 10:22pm On Apr 12, 2011
Replying to criticism with a gentle and objective calmness is a virtue. I learnt this from Dapo. Like a gold that has pass through the fire, it'll become redefined. For good 3 years that this thread have been dragging, Dapo has gone through the criticism of NL to become stronger and better, no wonder he was able to place a comment less than 3 days he loss a national election. Dapo I don't know you, but I salute your lions heart.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by lolatom: 10:52pm On Apr 12, 2011
DL 01 BDJ(VW BORA 2001).

You have displayed an unprecedented level of humility. This goes to show that, if elected in future elections, there might not be a disconnect between you and your constituents.

For this singular reason, I owe you my vote in 2015 and as much grassroot mobilisation as I'm capable of. Please ignore those nitwits spewing rubbish, some of them are disciples of retrogression and the others have sanity deficit.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by kobomoje(m): 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2011
@ kobojunkie: How can i be dapolam? Bawo la se jo ara? i tire for u sef. grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
^^^ Oh, ok . . . . I got confused there as the post was to the person who claimed that @Dapolam was a nairalander . . . and I suggested he wasn't since he was not really a regular.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Jarus(m): 8:47am On Apr 13, 2011
@ Kobos,
I'm the one that has been changing the topic. The poster's title is: 'Is it true that Dapolam wants to run for House of Rep?'
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Johns83: 11:17am On Apr 14, 2011
This was just forwarded to my phone: Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows: 1. LGA returning officers N5mil each 2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each 3. INEC directors N3mil each 4. All DPOs N500,000 each 5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each 6. Other INEC officials N2mil The monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by 1. Alh Hussaini Jallo 2. Alh Hamisu Mairago 3. Alh Lawal ismail 4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.) PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election. Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers. Pls use ur phone to snap and record all dealings. Protect your vote. Vote Wisely
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Sarahluv(f): 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2011
It's refreshing to see politicians accepting the results of the elections honorably. It's a good thing as long as such elections are free and fair.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:14pm On Apr 14, 2011
Sarahluv:

It's refreshing to see politicians accepting the results of the elections honorably. It's a good thing as long as such elections are free and fair.

Who's this woman:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=420077;type=avatar[/img]

That you're referring to as your "idol" in your profile?

I need to know immediately.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by kenoyad: 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2011
To all,
dapo Lam candidacy is baseless and unrealistic. If a better and acceptable candidate were fielded by ACN for the constituency, it would have gone to the ACN like Ibadan North Federal Constituency. ACN lost in Ibadan due to the fact that internal democracy had been lost in the party, most of the elective seats were shared with ruling PDP members that did not secure PDP's ticket and because they needed cash badly to get their campaign and strategies oiled they gave some of their tickets to sitting PDP members while the live ACN member from the days of AD were not carried along accordingly.
I support the courage of Ladoja by floating a party like Mimiko of Ondo state, this is really democracy at work, Accord party has come to stay in Ibadan and Oyo state at large and I want to assure everybody that by special grace of GOD almighty, Accord party will be declared as the winner of governorship seat in Oyo in the next guber race. ladoja did not plan to revenge nor would decamp back to PDP. PDP is a house of trouble so, why going back into troble water. Mimiko was out of PDP for good and he is not ready to go back into problems. I do not support one party state so, its not neccessary that all South west states must be for the ACN. If Oyo and Ondo is for other party this is no big deal. ladoja was romanced by ACN leaders in Oyo state before electioneering campaign and was given a free hand to share the party on basis of 50/50 per cent. He went back to discuss with other political leaders and associates and it was in that meeting that they conclude not to go to ACN because it would cause problem if Ladoja's camp decamp into the ACN and due to that live party member of ACN were disenfrachise. It was then relayed back to ACN leaders that there is no need to decamp into ACN then, Accord party was floated.
Accord party is the only party in Oyo that can give us peace and developmental progress because there is no godfather/ godson issue, everybody are equal, if ACN win in Oyo, there would be problem of sharing cause those that were fuelling the party underground will want substantial part. Senate leader Senator Teslim Folarin is the underground fuel of ACN in Oyo that's why his people were given ticket at the detriment of live ACN member. This caused lots of uproar after the primary but they were all told to hold their peace till after election so as not to project the party in bad shape in the face of the general public who are voters. It was obvious that Accord party won in Oyo central Senatorial District but was manipulated in Oyo town under the influence of Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, Alaafin of OYO. Alaafin of Oyo directed all his subjects to clamour votes for the ACN cause he has interest. During the election, it was cleared that Accord is winning handsomely in Ibadan and hence, he directed moves to make sure that Ibadan result did not affect his vision, he then supported massive manipulation of ballot in his palace. The issue had been filed at election petition tribunal.
I want all of us to support Accord party in the coming election on 26 of April.
God bless us all,
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by favouredjb(f): 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
eeya,sins of the father seems not to have be forgoten by d ppl of oyo

i wish him well
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by kokoye(m): 10:11pm On May 04, 2011
Dapo,

I'm not here to talk about your political know how or ambition. This is about what I think of your personality based on the 37 pages of this thread.

A lot of people here spent valuable periods accusing you of what they would have done if there were in your shoes . . and maybe more. That is pure jealousy or bitterness in my opinion.  All of us have been juveniles at some point in our lifetime. So it is sad when people are throwing stones. And of course some were working for the opposition.

Some asked reasonable questions which you tried to answer in every way possible but it was not acceptable to those who have blocked their minds.

All these are to be expected when one chooses to make his / her life public and context an election of this magnitude worldwide.

I really commend you for the way you handled concerns and accusations on this thread - it says a lot about who you truly are.  Some wanted to hurt and break you but you were as gracious and polite as ever, even after you lost the election. Keep it up.

Please take the positives out of this thread and decide on what you want to do in future. You are still young and the sky is just the starting point for you. The fact that your dad was not perfect does not mean you cannot improve on his record. That is every parents' prayer.

I grew up in Ibadan so I know why some are frustrated - Ibadan used to be a beautiful and peaceful place to live. Now it is worse than a garbage dump.

Stay strong and keep your head up. . . and say hi to Gboyega Olajide (you mentioned him as your partner). His brothers (Goke / Dewole) and I are best of friends.

Peace.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tpia5: 10:26pm On May 04, 2011
Interesting thread.

I'm surprised the guy in question didnt quit nl after his initial reception.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by kokoye(m): 10:30pm On May 04, 2011
^^^

Yea,

says a lot about him.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by DisGuy: 3:32am On May 15, 2011
Dapo Lam-Adesina is one of the sons of former Oyo State governor and Action Congress chieftain, Alhaji Lam Adesina. The Youngman who has just been elected into the House of Representatives is distinctly pleased with his achievement.

Many years after his father quit office, the young man busied himself with the intricacies of politics and that included positioning himself to secure the mandate of the people.

In his 30s, the young man who obviously left no stone unturned in a bid to actualise his ambition set his political machinery in motion.

this kemi lawal na brown envelope journalist?

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201105152212182
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 4:00am On May 15, 2011
big bravo to dapo.
it is never over until kobojunky sings. i'm sure that you will be back very soon. good luck my brother.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:39am On Jun 20, 2011
Let me use this opportunity to thank all that has sent in words of encouragement and those that criticized either constructively or otherwise here on NL.I am more humbled by this fact and I can assure you that I remain loyal to the mission that was ignited since 2008 on our collective mission to seek for a better society.I am more assured that the struggle has just started because the onus lies on us all now that people have been elected and we are to monitor them all to perform creditably well so that life can be better for an average Nigerian.

Let us continue to pray for those elected even as we monitor them so that God in his infinite mercies would grant them the wisdom to do what is right for the people.For those of us on the other side where victory did not count us worthy this time let us not see it as the end as there is always another time.Politics should never be a do-die affair since we claim to want to serve the people.

To my brother/sister kenoyad,pls kindly do some more research and see that your comment is not accurate as the constituency where I lost,ACN lost the two(2) House of Assembly members there.The Senator of Oyo South who is ACN's Candidate also lost there but won because of other Local govts.Also His Excellency Our own Governor Isiaka Abiola Ajimobi also lost in the Local govt.

This analysis is just to show you that it is not about me but the people in the area preferred another party and that is the beauty of democracy.If it was about me then other candidates would have won.Which means our party did not win a single election in that area.

I commend us all and be sure I remain A Nairalander for life.

God bless us all.

Adedapo Lam Adesina(Oyo o ni daaru oooo!)
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Myself2(m): 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2011
Though not a core politician myself,I'm surrounded by dyed-in-the-wool politicians(though not ACN people as I'm not from the SW cheesy cheesy cheesy),but having gone through a fewc of the posts here,I must say I actually comment @Dapolam for subjecting himself to public scrutiny on this forum(I mean he could so easily have used another moniker that would not bear a resemblance to his real identity and refrained from giving his true ID away).I must say I admire your humility,frankness and belief/hope for a better tomorrow.

Kudos also to people like X-factoria for standing by you

@ X-factor,so you and I have a lot in common(per per the bolded below),I see

x-factoria link=topic=176871.msg8260551#msg8260551:

We matriculated and graduated from the Faculty of Technology, UI same day. I studied Civil Engineering. Although we have few contacts, I can tell of your humility while we were both in UI.
Do not be deterred. I know that Ajimobi might consider you for a commissioner post if he wins and you must prove a point to these folks with it.

All the best brother
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by r231(m): 11:48am On Aug 22, 2011
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Will Help Tinubu To Become President / PHOTOS: Saraki And Atiku Campaign For Adeleke In Osun / Tinubu And Wife In Throw Back Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.