Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Nairaland Official Chess Thread! - Gaming (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nairaland Official Chess Thread! (116552 Views)

Chess Basics For Beginners / Nairaland's Official Instagram Thread; Post Your IG Handles. / Nairaland Official PSP Apps,games,tutorials & H@cks(striclty For PSP Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by teenxt: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
joywendy: Teenxt rivers state alone?
The tournament is holding in port harcourt, so if you're not in rivers state, i don't know how you'd attend it.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by teenxt: 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
majekdom2: where is the venue . What have we got to do ?you can further outline here.
Send a text indicating your interest to the numbers outlined there. and we'd give you feedback. thank you
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by teenxt: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
We’ll be holding a friendly chess tournament in port-harcourt. Cash prizes will be awarded.The best chess player in Port-Harcourt would be at the venue. If interested send a message indicating interest to 08066058310,08055055691. Thank you
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by teenxt: 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
[quote author=chessguru] Who is the best chess player in PH??

send a message to the numbers outlined there and we'd fill you in with the remaining details
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 12:22am On Jul 29, 2014
[quote author=teenxt][/quote]
Guy declare your intention! who be the so called best chess player for PH, he no get name ni?? name the player, na so he strong reach he no qualify to play for Nigeria for Olympiads.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by jayriginal: 1:22am On Jul 29, 2014
Hi joywendy

Please see here https://sites.google.com/site/fredm/

Go to the bottom of the page and look for guesstheMoveV3.17.zip

Dont click on it. Instead, go look to the far end of the line by the right. You will see an arrow pointing downwards. Click on that little arrow to download. Let me know how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 30, 2014
Anyone on chesstime should add me up.This app is very cool and competitive.GMhaywhy
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by teenxt: 2:44am On Jul 30, 2014
chessguru:
Guy declare your intention! who be the so called best chess player for PH, he no get name ni?? name the player, na so he strong reach he no qualify to play for Nigeria for Olympiads.
If you're in port harcourt, p/s just send a message to the numbers if you wanna play.. Your questions will be answered in due time.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
teenxt: If you're in port harcourt, p/s just send a message to the numbers if you wanna play.. Your questions will be answered in due time.
Well , i will like to tell you that it is either you do not know the best chess player in PH or there is no undisputed best chess player in PH, no player can lay claim to being the best chess player in PH unchallenged. so leave matter!!
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
41st World olympiads is here the official thread is at https://www.nairaland.com/1837138/official-world-chess-Olympiads-thread#25127556 please show your love to team Nigeria there !! MALE TEAM

103. NGR (RtgAvg:2221
Bo.
1 IM OLAPE Bunmi 2273 NGR
2 CM KIGIGHA Bomo 2211 NGR
3 CM BALOGUN Oluwafemi 2221 NGR
4 AKINSEYE Abiola 2179 NGR
5 FM AJIBOWO Olamide Patrick 2131 NGR
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 10:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
thanks @ jay. Would get back to you

@chessguru lmao! The guy no gree.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 2:40am On Aug 02, 2014
Do not forget to follow the Olympiads on the tournaments official thread https://www.nairaland.com/1837138/official-world-chess-olympiads-thread#25159661 Round one starts tomorrow with Nigerian male team facing Georgia a Grand master infested team and the female team facing Mexico
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
chessguru: Do not forget to follow the Olympiads on the tournaments official thread https://www.nairaland.com/1837138/official-world-chess-olympiads-thread#25159661 Round one starts tomorrow with Nigerian male team facing Georgia a Grand master infested team and the female team facing Mexico
wow! Georgia? Mmm,like seriously what's with nigeria and mexico?First world cup now chess olymaid. I wish them luck.

@jayriginal i was able to download the software, it's working perfectly well. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 1:07am On Aug 03, 2014
joywendy: wow! Georgia? Mmm,like seriously what's with nigeria and mexico?First world cup now chess olymaid. I wish them luck.

@jayriginal i was able to download the software, it's working perfectly well. Thanks so much.
i got the software too but how do you install?? thanks
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by jayriginal: 8:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
joywendy:

My pleasure.

chessguru: i got the software too but how do you install?? thanks

Its a compressed file. You unzip/unrar it and run it. Did you follow the download instructions I gave to Joy? If you did you wont have any problems with running it.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
chessguru: i got the software too but how do you install?? thanks
as jay said, first of all do you have winrar? If you do it won't be that difficult. Just extract it, you see two folders click the folder named guess the move then some docx will show click on the one that its file type is application. Then run. If you have any problem you can ask any of us jay and I. We would be willing to help smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 05, 2014
InesQor: cry cry cry Haven't played chess in so long, such that my chess games have gone to the dogs.

See as small pikin just dey woz me on top chess.com and my rating is dropping like mad. I don tire.

You are not alone. This days I get intimidated when I meet other chess players. My heart is pounding like a 50 pound hammer when I meet guys that look like chess gurus especially if they are kids. I'm always like Oh my god, that kids gon whoop my ar.se.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
CHESS Beauties!! STRONG PLAYERS!!

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by ToyinDipo(m): 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
chessguru: CHESS Beauties!! STRONG PLAYERS!!

I see Hikaru Nakamura(baddest guy)
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2014
Anyone on chess.com should add me with the username: olire

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 8:03am On Aug 09, 2014
My chess.com user name
akinov-akinseye
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 11:27am On Aug 09, 2014
GOOD & ENCOURAGING NEWS- Team Nigeria (Female) leads group in group medal chase with five rounds to go while their male counterpart are very much in the race to top Group D as they are just behind only on tie break. If they are encouraged and fired up enough. BOTH TEAMS are capable of Bringing double glory to Nigeria!1 TEAM NIGERIA.... so fly so gallant!! you can do it.
http://www.akinov.com/2014/08/gallant-nigeria-chess-team-leads-in.html

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 12:56am On Aug 28, 2014
My chess friends!

Gosh I have missed you guys badly!

Esp. My wonderful game smiley

So what's happening here?

Seriously I'm beginning to feel like my chess is dying sad

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
joywendy: My chess friends!

Gosh I have missed you guys badly!

Esp. My wonderful game smiley

So what's happening here?

Seriously I'm beginning to feel like my chess is dying sad

U too like chess

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 5:17am On Sep 08, 2014
Dapo777:

U too like chess
grin grin
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by jayriginal: 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
joywendy

Better Chess for Average Players. Its a nice book and Im sure you will like it.

http://www.4shared.com/office/bvywh9Igba/Tim_Harding_-_Better_Chess_For.html

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 11:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
jayriginal: joywendy

Better Chess for Average Players. Its a nice book and Im sure you will like it.

http://www.4shared.com/office/bvywh9Igba/Tim_Harding_-_Better_Chess_For.html

Thank you! I have gotten it smiley
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 4:12am On Sep 11, 2014
Hola Everyone, is there any Chess Enthusiast in Ilorin here? and where is the closest rated Tournament to Ilorin?
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2014
koonbey: Hola Everyone, is there any Chess Enthusiast in Ilorin here? and where is the closest rated Tournament to Ilorin?
So.. U r even here?? no need to worry about enthusiaist. I'll be coming for you soon. wink
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
olire: So.. U r even here?? no need to worry about enthusiaist. I'll be coming for you soon. wink
Lol, you won't be this cheerful after a few Games cool, just bring your Board to Conference.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Shegofams(m): 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
koonbey: Lol, you won't be this cheerful after a few Games cool, just bring your Board to Conference.

Where in Ilorin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (40) (Reply)

Pls Help Me On How I Can Install PES 2013 On My Computer. / Efootball PES 2024 PPSSPP Android Game Download / How To Use Cheats On Android PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.