Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). (3427 Views)

Please Who Is Right Or Wrong Here? / Did I Wrong Here?will I Be Punshed? / Where Did I Go Wrong Here?- A True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by sylvao2000(m): 11:15am On Oct 02, 2008
I got a call from her ( my girl elder sister ) asking me to explain the text l sent to her mum. because she saw the text.

Here the text message l sent to her mum : Hey dear get well soon missing you.

My question now is any crime wishing someone a quick recovering?
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Tranngirls(f): 11:21am On Oct 02, 2008
I guess you should have explain that to her but we girls
are crazy so i suggest damage control ok. Good luck because
you will need it.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by yomi123nl(m): 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2008
sylvao2000:

I got a call from her ( my girl elder sister ) asking me to explain the text l sent to her mum. because she saw the text.

Are you having an affair with your girl's mum? 'cos that text message is not the type you send to an elderly person talkless of your girl's mum. Your girl's sister has every right to be suspicious.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by sistawoman: 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2008
i dont see anything wrong with the text. But tell her are sorry for any misunderstanding this text may have caused and you will refrain from texting the mom ever again.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by yomi123nl(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2008
sistawoman:

i don't see anything wrong with the text. But tell her are sorry for any misunderstanding this text may have caused and you will refrain from texting the mom ever again.
In Nigeria, you don't talk/relate with an elderly person the way you do with your mates/youths, eventhough this does not obtain in the western world.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by ikamefa(f): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2008
sylvao2000:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked   "  grin "

come on  man show some respect!  angry

hey dear?  shocked  she be yah mate?  angry

yomi123nl:

Are you having an affair with your girl's mum?

gbam! " grin "
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2008
ikamefa:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked   "  grin "

come on  man show some respect!  angry

hey dear?  shocked  she be yah mate?  angry

gbam! " grin "

You sound like a fool! what respect does he need to show again."HEY" in English language means "HI" And HI meeans HELLO.So tell me what's wrong with saying"HELLO DEAR GET WELL SOON"
The word DEAR is used for some dear to you.So,what the Fuc*k?
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by spikedcylinder: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2008
Hey you guys chill first o.
Have you considered the pre-existing relationship between the mother and the guy in question? It might be a very platonic one making him able to send a text to her in that tone.
On the other hand, if the relationship is pretty platonic, the older sister should know that such a relationship exists and shouldn't raise eyebrows when she see such text messages. Abi?
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by sylvao2000(m): 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2008
Hey all NO NO NO NO, l cant do that going out with my girl mum cant even think about that, she is a good mum and we are close
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by arramyjay: 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2008
The {hey dear and missing you} is what is wrong with the text.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2008
shegirl71:

I think your problem is ENGLISH LANGUAGE!
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by arramyjay: 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

I think your problem is ENGLISH LANGUAGE!

Excuse me?
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by sesman(m): 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2008
shegirl71:

I concur,  that's the sort of message you will send to your Girlfriend, not to your girls mum, i think she has a right to be suspicious,
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2008
sesman:

I concur,  that's the sort of message you will send to your Girlfriend, not to your girls mum, i think she has a right to be suspicious,
English Language is not ours.If we want to make use of the language,let's use it the way it would be used by the owners.Read the quote below,she's an american!
sistawoman:

i don't see anything wrong with the text. But tell her are sorry for any misunderstanding this text may have caused and you will refrain from texting the mom ever again.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by arramyjay: 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

English Language is not ours.If we want to make use of the language,let's use it the way it would be used by the owners.Read the quote below,she's an american!

You are a very funny guy if you are even tht, First of all i think your problem is not knowing when to use certain clause,
Sistawoman is an American fine, but the person he sent the txt to isnt an American or is she?
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2008
sylvao2000:

Everything is wrong here. The ''hey'' is rude, calling her dear and saying you miss her sounds very suggestive!
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by sesman(m): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

The poster's girlfriend is not an American, so can i suggest you have a full understanding of the topic before making any ill-judged comment.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2008
candy:

Everything is wrong here. The ''hey'' is rude, calling her dear and saying you miss her sounds very suggestive!

When does the word "HEY" classified as rude?In what dictionary is that? shocked shocked

sesman:

The poster's girlfriend is not an American, so can i suggest you have a full understanding of the topic before making any ill-judged comment.
Did he say that?
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by omega25red(m): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2008
First off you have no respect for your girl's mother because if you really wanted to check on her well being you would call not text. Another thing you did wrong is you wrote "dear" and "missing you" why are you calling your girl's mom dear and why are you missing her platonic or not that seems shady. I hope i dont see you on Jerry Springer.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by sistawoman: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2008
If i was texting my mom I would say say Hey to her. I would say i miss you. If i was texting my ex husbands mom i would say the same and would not find it strange to have my man text my mom the same way.

Now the fact that I am an American i would not text an Nigerian that way. Because based on the responses here one might be lead to believe that men f,ck their MIL's all the time and that women have to be overly concerned with everything their man sends to their moms.

I would never believe my man to be fu,cking my mom unless i walked in on them doing the do. This is just not acceptable behavior in our culture. At least not among blacks, now among oyinbos that is a different story.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Ezinwannem: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2008
In this modern days, people have lost their communication manner, lol, how can you send that to somebody's mother really especially in the Nigerian society/culture? abeg, expalin yourself to the daugther that wants explanation. next time, learn how to talk.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2008
sistawoman:

If i was texting my mom I would say say Hey to her.  I would say i miss you.  If i was texting my ex husbands mom i would say the same and would not find it strange to have my man text my mom the same way.

Now the fact that I am an American i would not text an Nigerian that way.  Because based on the responses here one might be lead to believe that men f,ck their MIL's all the time and that women have to be overly concerned with everything their man sends to their moms.

I would never believe my man to be fu,cking my mom unless i walked in on them doing the do.  This is just not acceptable behavior in our culture.  At least not among blacks, now among oyinbos that is a different story.
Dont mind all those stupid responses.Those ones are from the village in Nigeria.Feel free to say HEY or hi to the learned ones.We are all not as daft as those stupid replies you are reading saying hey is rude.They are simply VILLAGERS!
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by sesman(m): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2008
sistawoman:

If i was texting my mom I would say say Hey to her. I would say i miss you. If i was texting my ex husbands mom i would say the same and would not find it strange to have my man text my mom the same way.

Now the fact that I am an American i would not text an Nigerian that way. Because based on the responses here one might be lead to believe that men f,ck their MIL's all the time and that women have to be overly concerned with everything their man sends to their moms.

I would never believe my man to be fu,cking my mom unless i walked in on them doing the do. This is just not acceptable behavior in our culture. At least not among blacks, now among oyinbos that is a different story.

Sistawoman, we are certainly not saying that, if i can speak for the others, what we are saying is, in our Nigerian Culture, it is not apporpirate to send a txt message like that to your Girlfriends mom. this is deemed as being disrespectul.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2008
Ezinwannem:

In this modern days, people have lost their communication manner, lol, how can you send that to somebody's mother really especially in the Nigerian society/culture? abeg, expalin yourself to the daugther that wants explanation. next time, learn how to talk.
I now see why Nigeria will remain a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY!!!
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2008
sesman:

Sistawoman, we are certainly not saying that, if i can speak for the others, what we are saying is, in our Nigerian Culture, it is not apporpirate to send a txt message like that to your Girlfriends mom. this is deemed as being disrespectul.
Big lie!who are you speaking for?Your co-village people?Abeg! Let's call a spade a spade
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Godalone(m): 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2008
Ezinwannem:

You are right,it is very wrong in Nigeria culture/society to send that kind of text message man.In the western world it may be acceptable but here in Nigeria it is wrong.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

When does the word "HEY" classified as rude?In what dictionary is that? shocked shocked
Did he say that?
''hey'' is used to call someone's attention, sometimes in a way which is not very polite(when it starts a sentence)
As a Nigerian, can you use ''hey'' to call your mum's attention?
Can you sart text messaging your girlfriend's mum with ''hey''?
How happy will you be if your friend sees your mum and the first thing he/she says is :hey! how are you?
Answer in all sincerity.
If you answer yes to any of the questions above and you are a Nigerian, lipsrsealed
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Godalone(m): 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

Iceland ,i am sure you are not an African/Nigerian,either we are in the 4th world or not,it is very wrong man.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by omega25red(m): 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

Now you see why Nigeria would be a third world country you seem to have lost your way because it is unfortunate that you consider respect as something that is holding Nigeria back. Where ever it is you are currently living in this world might be cool with you talking to your mother like that but Nigeria is Nigeria and we don't tolerate such disrespect and that has nothing to do with world progression or not. You seem to be very ignorant and you are acting like the one they call a "house Nigger" who is just as black but would be the one to do what the master says just to get favor from the master. The western way of life might be appealing to you but you should NEVER EVER forget where you come from or your culture. I would hang my head in shame if i were you.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Godalone(m): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2008
candy:

''hey'' is used to call someone's attention, sometimes in a way which is not very polite(when it starts a sentence)
How happy will you be if your friend sees your mum and the first things he/she says is :hey! how are you?
Answer in all sincerity.
If you answer yes to any of the questions above and you are a Nigerian, lipsrsealed

You are right Sister.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2008
candy:

How happy will you be if your friend sees your mum and the first things he/she says is :hey! how are you?
Answer in all sincerity.

You are mistaking the word  "HEY" for the youruba or let me say Nigeria word "heyss" The word you can use when callin a child or shoemaker!They sound alike but they are not same ok?
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by arramyjay: 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

What is being a third world country have to do with anything,I smell another wannabe in the house,If u have no respect for pple then Pls just hush.

I will tell u something Mr English is your problem,every country has a pattern or culture they follow,if you as a ****Nigerian do nt see anything wrong in tht txt all becos you want to show tht u are "hip hop like" then i must say you are another candidate for the MR Wannabe contest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dedicated To All The Lovely Babes In The House / Telling My Girlfriend "i Love You" Everyday / On average, teens lose their virginity at fifteen. Why is this happening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.