Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). (3436 Views)

Please Who Is Right Or Wrong Here? / Did I Wrong Here?will I Be Punshed? / Where Did I Go Wrong Here?- A True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2008
shegirl71:

What is being a third world country have to do with anything,I smell another wannabe in the house,If u have no respect for people then please just hush.

I will tell u something Mr English is your problem,every country has a pattern or culture they follow,if you as a ****Nigerian do nt see anything wrong in that txt all because you want to show that u are "hip hop like" then i must say you are another candidate for the MR Wannabe contest.
Una just dey shout!Did he say the mother complain? . . . . . She understood perfectly.Am sure the lady that complained has the same mentality as the rest of U.May God deliver you
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

You are mistaking the word  "HEY" for the youruba or let me say Nigeria word "heyss" The word you can use when callin a child or shoemaker!They sound alike but they are not same ok?
Like someone righfully said; English is your problem man!
I'm an English teacher, so don't even start with the naija stuff you wrote up there. Hey is not a Nigerian language. The hey you said we use to call cobblers in naija is actually the same hey we are talking about here, just pronounced differently. I've been out of naija for some time now, but I still hold those naija values close to my heart.
I'll assume you are not a Nigerian.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2008
candy:

I'm an English teacher, so don't even start with the naija stuff you wrote up there. Hey is not a Nigerian language. The hey you said we use to call cobblers in naija is actually the same hey we are talking about here, just pronounced differently. I've been out of naija for some time now, but I still hold those naija values close to my heart.
Nigger and negro dont mean the same and the pronuounciations are different.Did you get that?
Call me a negro,i will smile But a nigga?Hell no
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by arramyjay: 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

Una just dey shout!Did he say the mother complain? . . . . . She understood perfectly.Am sure the lady that complained has the same mentality as the rest of U.May God deliver you

Mr wannabe,I dont think any sane person will nt ask questions when they see a txt like tht,And one more thing it is nt a mentality it is culture and you Mr wannabe hip hop guy u are completely lost if u think culture is mentality.I imagine if u saw a txt like tht on your fathers phone.God has absolutely nothing to do with this he gave us brains to think,and dear friend you are nt using urs very well.

candy:

Hey is not a Nigerian language. The hey you said we use to call cobblers in naija is actually the same hey we are talking about here, just pronounced differently. I've been out of naija for some time now, but I still hold those naija values close to my heart.

You couldnt have wrote it better dnt mind him he is just another wanna-be.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by untainted: 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

Nigger and negro means the same but the pronuounciations are different.Did you get that?

nigger had always been an offensive word. rewind to the recent past, negro was accepted and copiously used by the civil rights movement. as to your hey, heyer or heys, u just wan take style give yourself a soft landing. carpenter bend nail and say na style. Learn the power of words
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

Nigger and negro don't mean the same and the pronuounciations are different.Did you get that?
And your point is . . .
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Aratunde(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2008
Iceland! Iceland!! iceland!!! , ' Ma fi owo osi juwe ile Baba e '.

Answer the question below first
@ Candy
As a Nigerian, can you use ''hey'' to call your mum's attention?

Can you sart text messaging your girlfriend's mum with ''hey''?

How happy will you be if your friend sees your mum and the first things he/she says is :hey! how are you?
Answer in all sincerity.
[b][/b]
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by sesman(m): 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

Nigger and negro don't mean the same and the pronuounciations are different.Did you get that?

shegirl71:

Mr wannabe,I don't think any sane person will nt ask questions when they see a txt like that,And one more thing it is nt a mentality it is culture and you Mr wannabe hip hop guy u are completely lost if u think culture is mentality.I imagine if u saw a txt like that on your fathers phone.God has absolutely nothing to do with this he gave us brains to think,and dear friend you are nt using urs very well.

You couldnt have wrote it better dnt mind him he is just another want to-be.

He is obviously an attention seeker, who has nothing constructive to say! we all have better things to do than to argue with someone like him,
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by k1banty(m): 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2008
@poster

hey and missing you are totally wrong, at least you should have shown some respect to your girlfriend's mom through that text msg.

apologise to your girlfriend's mom and her sister.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2008
The English made their language and they use it , if the word hey is not offensive in English why should it be offensive here in Nigeria?
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by ikamefa(f): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2008
iceland:

The English made their language and they use it , if the word hey is not offensive in English why should it be offensive  here in Nigeria?

and what language have you made/invented or published ? mr ingrish?  grin grin grin grin

iceland:

You sound like a fool! Huh  what respect does he need to show again."HEY" in English language means "HI" And HI meeans HELLO.So tell me what's wrong with saying"HELLO DEAR GET WELL SOON"
The word DEAR is used for some dear to USo,what the Fuc*k?

for a sec i thought the sheep - shagger above me  was @ topic  grin grin grin grin

i  nor know sey hin be voltron "  grin "

defender of the english language!

he did not post[b] hello dear[/b] ode, oponu aiye rada!  grin

he posted  hey dear!

which  part of world are you from? tongue am sure na slap, una dey take greet una elders for yah clan oloshi
grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by playahP(m): 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2008
ALL OF UNA DEY MADDDDDDDDD
there is totally nuttin wrong with the text of u look at it from an innocent mind,
it all depends on ur upbringing, some of u here were groomed and caned like dogs when you were lil while others where tot to express the way they feel without hiding it,
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD ITS JUST A TEXT MESSAGE
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Nobody: 3:01am On Oct 03, 2008
playah P:

ALL OF UNA DEY MADDDDDDDDD
there is totally nuttin wrong with the text of u look at it from an innocent mind,
it all depends on ur upbringing, some of u here were groomed and caned like dogs when you were little while others where tot to express the way they feel without hiding it,
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD ITS JUST A TEXT MESSAGE
I'm trying to look at it from your innocent mind but i'm seing double; are you sure you're not drunk? grin grin grin
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:47am On Oct 03, 2008
honestly speaking i don't see anything wrong with the text, she's just trying to make something out of nothing.  undecided
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Akinagirl(f): 7:03am On Oct 03, 2008
Well, I am American and all, and I dont think that was a very respectful way to greet someones mother. I mean, I cant imagine texting my fiances father and say "Hey dear I miss you hope you are feeling better". It seems somewhat suggestive. Rather than text, I would call. Also I would never say "hey dear." It seems really weird. So Iceland, it has nothing to do with culture or people being stupid. Its just being respectful, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by holyeye(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2008
@ Poster,

Chei, U get luck say no be dem papa c d sms.
which kind yarn be dat na? even if na she nice pass, i disapprove of the wording of that sms.
It is void and short of a message to an elderly person as far as our culture and society is concerned.
Just like spikedcylinder pointed out if such a cordial and understanding relationship exist between u nd ur girlie's mama everyone including big sis will be aware.
Thus i sent your post to the truthometer and i got a zero/negative rating. grin
Nice one sha.

@ iceland,
This na naija. I will tell u, respect is our pride. We need not send wrong signals for no reason. I can be faulted on this but have no reason to change my views. Hell no. Tomoro e no go b dear again. Na darling darling e go be. Before w kno d koko hand go fly go bakasi.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 03, 2008
@Holyeye
When did you get back?
Cos you said you were busy.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by amyliajane(f): 12:28pm On Oct 03, 2008
i quite agree with omega25red said, respect is one thing that the elderly dont joke with, sending such a txt message to ur girlfriend mum show lack of respect whether they are foreigners or not.if he is that close to the mum of the girl he should call and find out how her health is n not sending txt, i dont want to believe he has something to do with the mum cause a lot of meaning could be read into it if properly analysed
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by sosodat: 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2008
@Post
It is aint a nice way to address elders, not to talk of your girlfriends mum and especially not through text

@iceland
Language is for effective communication. U sure arent communicating here(hippie).
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by janami(f): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2008
Poster
cld ve phrased that msg better.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Tatase(f): 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2008
I think the text was a little inappropriate. First of all calling the gf's mom "dear" is not okay. Dear is for your partner, or your own mom or aunt or for a girl younger than you or at least someone that's like your contemporary. I don't think it's appropriate. As for the "missing you," it's one type ooo. It reads a little funny as in do you have anything special going on to miss. Unless she's like your mother-in-law, its strange because she's not your relative so its like what about her do you miss? her smile? the way she says hello? it's a little weird and maybe over-familiar for my tastes. But of course it depends on the relationship you have with her. Maybe you guys are very very tight as in you could hang out even if your gf wasn't there. i wouldn't like it if my bf sent that kind of text to my mom not because anything was going on but because i think its a little disrespectful and overfamiliar. Basically just apologize to the girl/gf's mother and say you didn't intend any offense.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by iceland(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2008
ikamefa:

and what language have you made/invented or published ? mr ingrish?  grin grin grin grin

for a sec i thought the sheep - shagger above me  was @ topic  grin grin grin grin

i  nor know sey hin be voltron "  grin "

defender of the english language!

he did not post[b] hello dear[/b] ode, oponu aiye rada!  grin

he posted  hey dear!

which  part of world are you from? tongue am sure na slap, una dey take greet una elders for yah clan oloshi
grin grin grin grin

You must be a kid! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by ikamefa(f): 2:52am On Oct 07, 2008
iceland:

You must be  a kid! grin grin grin grin grin grin

na today? cheesy

Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by bettes(f): 3:11am On Oct 07, 2008
@Poster
I think this has to do with grooming,do you use 'hey' to try to get your mum's attention or do you refer to your mother as 'dear' ?Your text was extremely rude and you need to go apologise.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by eldee(m): 7:02am On Oct 07, 2008
@topic
Are we still talking bout a nigerian soceity here??
See pple thinking it's ajeboish to be disrespectful
We know nigerian norms and values, saying 'hey there to your soon-to-be inlaw is not a flipping norm
Hell talking while elders talk is a crime

Remember it's this same elders that demand kneeling down every morning to greet
What you did was a total disrespect not only to the mum but also to the african culture you and her mum were brought up with

What happened to the good ol' 'When in Rome' adage??
There's no need to explain what 'hey there' means . . . it woulda been easier to use 'Good morning ma'
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by finemocha(f): 2:34am On Oct 24, 2009
why are u dearing the mom and what exactly are u missing about her. its very inappropriate. she isnt ur agemate. kapiche
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by bjmighty(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2009
@ ICELAND, YOUR BRAIN IS FULL OF SHIT AND WATER, YOU HAVEN'T LIVED AT ALL. GO GET A LIFE, YOU STINKY CRACKHEAD. YOU WENT ABROAD DISGUISING AS A REFUGEE AND NOW YOU THINK YOU ARE IN HEAVEN. GET OFF THIS THREAD AND GOT DO YOU SHIT PACKING JOB. I LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOU AT MMA WHEN THEY DEPORT YOUR ASS BACK HOME.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by 190: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2009
poster u nor get respect oh~
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2009
USING SHARIA LAW,

POSTER U ARE LIABLE TO 1000 STROKES OF CAIN, IS SHE YOUR MATE

NONENTITY,
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Smi1(m): 1:57am On Mar 10, 2010
I see nothing wrong in the text message the poster sent to hes girl mum, maybe naija people are just too over suggestive
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by WhyAWhy(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2011
It's wrong on every level is it's in naija
Hey dear -> I be your mate?, from the Hey clause
Missing you-> Statement too close to the preceeding suggestive one
Re: Can Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here. ( My Girl Sister ). by Nayah(f): 9:27am On Aug 26, 2011
Hello poster, well I think normally she shouldn"t take it as a disrespectful action, on the contrary, if her mum was sick or something I think it's quite nice from to send you this message

Now I think the problem is the "tone" you gave to this message, while I read this I can feel this complicity and familiarity than can destabilize your fiance, but I think if you talk to explain things very clearly, the problem should be solved

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Each Time I Visit This Section..i Shed Tears! / 8 Problems Guys With 'female Bestfriend' Understand. / Love Riddle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.