Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (563689 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by crowther15(m): 7:37am On Jul 27, 2014
I could See most people were just putting derogatory remark against UNILORIN
some people are meant to favour and some are meant to suffer for it
what wound UNILORIN do When 100 candidates is needed in a department and over 400 qualified for it on merit
the highest cutoff we could have I think is 80% more than triple will always qualified for it
in this case d admission will Be base on random selection and quota allotted to some lecturers and other member of staff
this is happening everywhere in Nigeria
there is formula for e everything number of those people from catchment area and others too
UNILORIN is still better having the highest intake of students
having total number of students around 35000 which sku have this in Nigeria?
mind u having Good score in post ume doesn't guarantee success at d university
So many people that got 80s last yr, no whr to be found now
even those that scored 50s are doing better than them
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Alpet(m): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2014
EINSTEINPG: Have you actually taken your time to read the profile of our new education minister? He read mathematics/education and served as a maths teacher, principal and senior lecturer before his current stint in politics. To confirm this please do check him out on wikipedia.
But do you know that Prof. Rukayat Ruffai is a lecturer and not politician.
Shekerau is a politician and he was appointed for political reasons.
Even though he was once a teacher/lecturer but not in the university system.
He has left the system since year 2001 when he voluntarily retired.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 9:52am On Jul 27, 2014
rkarang:

That's why some folks take up Law. They are saying no to any form of oppression and injustice.

One of my lecturers, an administrator, @ The Polytechnic did the same thing; i.e took up Law. You can google his name, Femi Aborisade (@ a time, the state Govt, under the administration of Lam Adeshina, terminated his appointment but he got it back without spending a dime --Falana & others stood by him ---No be small thing O, them even go international court)

He, Femi Aborisade, will drop his pen and clap for brilliant dudes for their great performance but can't put up with lazy folks.

Merit still exists but in relatively low proportion.
yeah you talk small truth
sha make we dey look out the country they move
me am here to run my race
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 10:40am On Jul 27, 2014
mcfarlin:

rrkarang@gmail.com
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Alpet:
But do you know that Prof. Rukayat Ruffai is a lecturer and not politician.
Shekerau is a politician and he was appointed for political reasons.
Even though he was once a teacher/lecturer but not in the university system.
He has left the system since year 2001 when he voluntarily retired.
There is a compelling reason to believe that his appointment could be political compensation.But that doesn't mean he is not completely au fait with the system.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 11:31am On Jul 27, 2014
Yungmilio2:
yeah you talk small truth
sha make we dey look out the country they move
me am here to run my race
But if you succeeded in running your race, what becomes of posterity? You will be infamously remembered as an avariciously myopic elder statesman who compromised integrity for personal aggrandizement.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by akdan: 11:46am On Jul 27, 2014
Am peter and am from ogun state going for law in my dream school.
I wrote my post jamb at lagos center, to my greatest surprise I meet mathematics, biology in my questions and I had no idea abt it.i met no literature or govt questions.
I sha tap 58 at d end of d exam and 227 in my jamb score.pls will dey admit me for law.pls help me or give me some pieces of advice.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 11:46am On Jul 27, 2014
crowther15: I could See most people were just putting derogatory remark against UNILORIN
some people are meant to favour and some are meant to suffer for it
what wound UNILORIN do When 100 candidates is needed in a department and over 400 qualified for it on merit
the highest cutoff we could have I think is 80% more than triple will always qualified for it
in this case d admission will Be base on random selection and quota allotted to some lecturers and other member of staff
this is happening everywhere in Nigeria
there is formula for e everything number of those people from catchment area and others too
UNILORIN is still better having the highest intake of students
having total number of students around 35000 which sku have this in Nigeria?
mind u having Good score in post ume doesn't guarantee success at d university
So many people that got 80s last yr, no whr to be found now
even those that scored 50s are doing better than them
That is debateable bro.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by akdan: 11:48am On Jul 27, 2014
Am peter and am from ogun state going for law in my dream school.
I wrote my post jamb at lagos center, to my greatest surprise I meet mathematics, biology in my questions and I had no idea abt it.i met no literature or govt questions.
I sha tap 58 at d end of d exam and 227 in my jamb score.pls will dey admit me for law.pls help me or give me some pieces of advice.u
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by akdan: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2014
Am peter and am from ogun state going for law in my dream school. I wrote my post jamb at lagos center, to my greatest surprise I meet mathematics, biology in my questions and I had no idea abt it.i met no literature or govt questions.I sha tap 58 at d end of d exam and 227 in my jamb score.pls will dey admit me for law.pls help me or give me some pieces of advice.u
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Elijah348(m): 11:59am On Jul 27, 2014
akdan: Am peter and am from ogun state going for law in my dream school. I wrote my post jamb at lagos center, to my greatest surprise I meet mathematics, biology in my questions and I had no idea abt it.i met no literature or govt questions.I sha tap 58 at d end of d exam and 227 in my jamb score.pls will dey admit me for law.pls help me or give me some pieces of advice.u
advice abiii?? Ook my advice is to pray and hope ... Thats all.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
akdan: Am peter and am from ogun state going for law in my dream school.
I sha tap 58 at d end of d exam and 227 in my jamb score.pls will dey admit me for law.pls help me or give me some pieces of advice.
Could it be that you've not been following this thread before you took the exams? Fear not as nobody can predict the school which is shrouded in mystery. Besides, some guyz are better placed to advise you regarding your question.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Dygeasy(m): 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
Have we deviated already from the original purpose of this thread? undecided
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Ridwan1821: 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
I scored 197 in UTME nd 50% in PUME. Am gunning 4 MATHEMATICS nd am frm Kwara state, am i gud 2 go 4 admission?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by yungchop: 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
The thread is becoming boring o, let's kip it up and running guys, like students already in should share some pics, tell some historical events about the school, tell us how lively it is etc,or sum aspirants should tell us what they find amusing about the school and some stories they heard about it too, let's just keep this thread running till admission begins
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by crowther15(m): 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
yungchop: The thread is becoming boring o, let's kip it up and running guys, like students already in should share some pics, tell some historical events about the school, tell us how lively it is etc,or sum aspirants should tell us what they find amusing about the school and some stories they heard about it too, let's just keep this thread running till admission begins
I think dt should be after admission

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Sunmax01(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hemjayy:

Could be an oxymoron...#Just_saying
That's true. I guess you're a Lieterature student?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
do anyone have any idea when cutoff would be released..am getting impatient..

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Hemjayy: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sunmax01: That's true. I guess you're a Lieterature student?

Literature student ke? Nay,far from it! Am a Science student,I just have a soft spot for English.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Elijah348(m): 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
crowther15: I think dt should be after admission
how will some1 with awaiting result upload heis result when it is released...... ? Reply needed.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Elijah348(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
Elijah348: how will some1 with awaiting result upload heis result when it is released...... ? Reply needed.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Sunmax01(m): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hemjayy:

Literature student ke? Nay,far from it! Am a Science student,I just have a soft spot for English.
Oh that's cool.
So which course are you going for?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by 1samadex(m): 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Elijah348: how will some1 with awaiting result upload heis result when it is released...... ? Reply needed.
when d result is out u will jst visit d school website nd login with ur jamb reg nd surname den click continue reg nd u will see o'level result nd type it there
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
crowther15: I think dt should be after admission

no it should be done now...

I HEARD OLOYEDEs regime was brutal and few people were lucky to gain admission..
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Elijah348(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
1samadex: when d result is out u will jst visit d school website nd login with ur jamb reg nd surname den click continue reg nd u will see o'level result nd type it there
ook, was checking there website to see how one Would be able to do it comes out... Buh thanks anyway.....
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
EINSTEINPG: But if you succeeded in running your race, what becomes of posterity? You will be infamously remembered as an avariciously myopic elder statesman who compromised integrity for personal aggrandizement.
you are totally wrong about that
All what you type has more to do with Political issues
but am talking about running my Race (has to do with my life, developing my community even up to my country, my career)
Me Running my own Race doesn't have a bad effect on my country
Me getting a better Education helps reduce the Level of illiteracy in my country even if its by 0.001%
and hope you know
Education is the Most powerful weapon you can use to change the world
its not about getting a degree for a world class university
its about been educated
Poverty is the best form of Violence (Mahatma Gandhi - India) so am pursuing a career and hustling so I won't get poor
and if I succeed in running my race. I know I will do more for my country
I don't need to be famous
you are talking more on politics
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
Welcom back...nw dat evry1 hve finish with the exam...d nxt tinz is to pray 4 d admision list to be favour...bt i wanna ask a que dat was it 2ru dat d 1st list always by merit or by wat
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by lisimmo(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
Online practice of JAMB, AND UNIVERSITIES POST UTME just got easier

Check www.e-testpedia.com for practice sessions free
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by horlorbah(m): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Does unilorin need transcript to
process DE admsn? Abeg mke una ansa me
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by horlorbah(m): 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=lisimmo]Online practice of JAMB, AND UNIVERSITIES POST UTME just got easier

Check www.e-testpedia.com for practice sessions free[/quote Na campaign after election be dis...U ought to have shared this since last week, not now dt evrybdy is tru with dere exams
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
lisimmo: Online practice of JAMB, AND UNIVERSITIES POST UTME just got easier

Check www.e-testtaiwo.com for practice sessions free
wetin na yor prob bro,don't u knw we've finish writin d exam and don't wnt to seek 4 any o-level exam again...

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by shadelek(m): 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
horlorbah: Does unilorin need transcript to
process DE admsn? Abeg mke una ansa me
As at last year, transcript was not needed but don't know what's going to happen this year

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (434) (Reply)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.