Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922462 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluayebenz: 9:53am On Feb 21, 2019
slay1:
Dear all
I am having some electrical issues with my 2009 mazda 6s GT.
1)The car start button doesn't work appropriately. On hitting the break to start the car, the red light comes up instead of the normal green light though the car will start. Turning the car off, one must press and hold the button for about a minute before the engine goes off.
2) The whole alarms light are on the dashboard and the remote key is not functioning appropriately
3) During driving on auto, the transmission doesn't pick gear fast so i have to drive it on manual mode
4)I took the car to a repair yard and i was told my driver entered a ditch of water and there was water ingress and they have not been able to solve or tell me what particular component or components is the issue.

Kindly advice, thanks

Somebody who has experienced this or have an idea should please help.

And for the scanner port check very well if all the wires are intact

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by platinumtt: 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2019
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by macodollar: 11:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
macodollar:
please does any one know the price of an 03 Camry's catalyst?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Seasonc19821987: 6:06am On Feb 22, 2019
Very Clean Camry forsale

DESCRIPTION
Car is in good shape, just want to upgrade. Registered already, it’s simply Pay and drive car.Superb AC, lovely engine sound and perfect Radio, papers are up to date.

Note: lots of people are on it. Car goes to whosoever pay first

Call: 08034172781
WhatsApp: 0810 857 9574
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gokecont(m): 6:25am On Feb 22, 2019
Good morning � my fellow nairalanders, I just got a Toyota Corolla 06 wch is consuming fuel badly , I took it to the mechanic the man said it's the exhaust we took it to the panel bitter he said there was no mofler inside the exhaust I paid him to put mufler wch I was there with him and we checked the catalyst also it was there... There after it's still consuming fuel and the injector is good too confirm by the mechanic please what do you think I need to check again my engineer in the house please....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaseunla(m): 7:18am On Feb 22, 2019
gokecont:
Good morning � my fellow nairalanders, I just got a Toyota Corolla 06 wch is consuming fuel badly , I took it to the mechanic the man said it's the exhaust we took it to the panel bitter he said there was no mofler inside the exhaust I paid him to put mufler wch I was there with him and we checked the catalyst also it was there... There after it's still consuming fuel and the injector is good too confirm by the mechanic please what do you think I need to check again my engineer in the house please....

Start by running a scan on the car. Post the codes here for further advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2019
Reaction of a Nigerian when he saw an electric car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHGXU2Q9oFY

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 1:51pm On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=gokecont post=75979249]Good morning � my fellow nairalanders, I just got a Toyota Corolla 06 wch is consuming fuel badly , I took it to the mechanic the man said it's the exhaust we took it to the panel bitter he said there was no mofler inside the exhaust I paid him to put mufler wch I was there with him and we checked the catalyst also it was there... There after it's still consuming fuel and the injector is good too confirm by the mechanic please what do you think I need to check again my engineer in the house please....
Is ur check engine light on??if yes then u need to scan for fault codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by swapixnigeria(m): 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2019
Guys, we hope that these car tips will help you save your nerves wink

When you buy a car you start a new relationship. Your car helps you drive wherever you go and carry your things. It is your friend.

However, this friendship can become a pain. Spilled drinks, door dings, and expensive maintenance are only a few things that you can face.

But if you use these common lifehacks you will have a better relationship with your car.

Organize your trunk!
The trunk of your car is an organizer. Buy a few laundry baskets to fill the space and use each of them for the items which belong together. For example, for gym equipment, you can use one basket, for grocery shopping the other one and so on.

Use lights to find your car
It's quite easy to lose your car at big parking lots at a stadium or a mall. Don't listen to your car's signals. Just use your head and keep an eye out for the flashing lights. It's easier to locate your car by them.

Use shoes for coffee cups
Two cupholders are often not enough. As a result, someone will definitely spill his mug of tea or coffee. So, put your shoes between the seats and set your cup inside.

Use your seat to warm up food
A microwave is okay, but isn't it better to bring take-out meals warm? If you have a seat warmers in your car turn them on and place the food on top. If you choose a microwave though, you can also buy it on Swapix Nigeria.

Buy stockings for your wiper blades
If your wiper blades are worn out and it's time to buy new ones you can prolong their life. Buy a pair of women's stockings and wrap them around the wiper arm. Otherwise, it will scratch your window glass.

Keep stockings in your car
Stockings can also help you if your timing belts are broken. All you will need is to safely stop your car and tie the stockings around the engine's pulleys following the path. It must be enough to get to a car service or home to install a new timing belt.

Clean headlights with a toothpaste
In a long journey and as time passes the headlights of your car get cloudy and scuffed up. That doesn't look good, does it? Take a clean rag and smear a little bit of toothpaste on it. Then just scrub the headlights. It will fill any tiny scratches and will clear the headlights.

Nail Polish will save your money
Have you noticed that keeping some women's things in your car is worth buying them? Well, it really is. Now the nail polish which can save your car's windows. It's better to buy a cheap one. Women often sell used one on Swapix Nigeria.

Apply a thin layer to the cracks and chips on the window. It will be almost invisible when it dries but can help prevent the growth of the crack.

Your kitchen can clean the interior
You know well that coffee filters are good polishers. Combine them with an olive oil and wash the dashboard in your car with them. It will pick up any dust and your car's interior will shine brightly.

Pool noodles are not for pools only
You can use pool noodles to prevent cracks in your car. If the parking space in your garage is tight affix them against the walls. They will provide a soft bumper when your door swings open or when you park your car.

Which lifehacks do you use? Please, share your experience with us in the comments below.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaz4sure2015: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Good afternoon

Please can someone recommend a good car ac technicians based in Lagos

I have a lexus es350 having ac issues
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gshakiru(m): 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
Please reach out to Mosbus in Ire-Akari, Isolo, Lagos on 0802 694 1215. He's an air-conditioning system expert.

Good afternoon

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 9:37pm On Feb 22, 2019
kaz4sure2015:
Good afternoon

Us. Second toll gate Lekki
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Makawhizzy: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2019
Good morning
I scanned my liberty Jeep 2008 and was told to replace catalytic converter with O2 sensor
Where can I get quality ones in Lagos
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gameboy55: 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2019
hello house

please I just bought a 9ja used 2010 honda accord v6

I checked online pdf and 5w-20 oil is recommend, but no specific product was recommended on the manual.

Please which product do you recommend for my car and also should it be synthetic oil or a conventional motor oil

also will like to know how long should it takes before I carry out regular service / maintenance on the car

this is my first car and I would appreciate your response

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nadesh(f): 11:04am On Feb 26, 2019
thebigkendo:

Radautoworks is not far from you
I went there. They said its a leak and worked on it. Two weeks later,Same problem. The AC does not chill or work when it's really hot.

Pls can u recommend a tested and trusted Kia AC tech? Am tired cuz I have change radiator, condenser , still after two weeks the problem starts
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:51am On Feb 26, 2019
gameboy55:
hello house

please I just bought a 9ja used 2010 honda accord v6

I checked online pdf and 5w-20 oil is recommend, but no specific product was recommended on the manual.

Please which product do you recommend for my car and also should it be synthetic oil or a conventional motor oil

also will like to know how long should it takes before I carry out regular service / maintenance on the car

this is my first car and I would appreciate your response

we got you covered, click on the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/4922062/mobil1-usa-0w-40-5w30-0w-20

To visit shop click on the link below.

Gazzuzz Autos
https://maps.google.com/?cid=6875435925006525965

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 11:58am On Feb 26, 2019
nadesh:

I went there. They said its a leak and worked on it. Two weeks later,Same problem. The AC does not chill or work when it's really hot.

Pls can u recommend a tested and trusted Kia AC tech? Am tired cuz I have change radiator, condenser , still after two weeks the problem starts

Hello, did you bring it back for your 10 day leak check as advised? All AC jobs are advised to come back in 10 days for us to see if your system is holding up to the new pressure.

Also, what did we do on it? I don't see and radiator or condenser job in our system on a Kia. You DO have a warranty. All you had to do was call us and we haven't heard from you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nadesh(f): 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2019
radautoworks:

Hello, did you bring it back for your 10 day leak check as advised? All AC jobs are advised to come back in 10 days for us to see if your system is holding up to the new pressure.

Also, what did we do on it? I don't see and radiator or condenser job in our system on a Kia. You DO have a warranty. All you had to do was call us and we haven't heard from you.
I was not informed to come back after 10 days and I did not change condenser or radiator in ur place. Am just frustrated cuz of how much i have spent on same problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
nadesh:

I was not informed to come back after 10 days and I did not change condenser or radiator in ur place. Am just frustrated cuz of how much i have spent on same problem.

I completely understand but what exactly was done? Was it something diagnostic? Our labor is warrantied so just bring it back in so we can see what is going on. It literally costs you nothing.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2019
radautoworks:

I completely understand but what exactly was done? Was it something diagnostic? Our labor is warrantied so just bring it back in so we can see what is going on. It literally costs you nothing.

Fuel, Time & money (might get hungry at the sight of JamRock grin)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by VolvoS60(m): 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2019
kingreign:

Run a live scan and post the screenshots here. You can also run a normal scan for codes. If you see pending codes, post them here.

^^^
Finally got access to the car after a long wait. I had to scan in a hurry with the only available scan tool and take pictures with my phone b4 giving the car back. Very low tech process. The pictures are shown below:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by VolvoS60(m): 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2019
kingreign:

Run a live scan and post the screenshots here. You can also run a normal scan for codes. If you see pending codes, post them here.

^^^
Next batch of pictures from live data scan...

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by VolvoS60(m): 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2019
kingreign:

^^^
Last batch but one. I hope it is possible to make sense of all this...

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by VolvoS60(m): 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
kingreign:

^^^
Last card...

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2019
thebigkendo:

Fuel, Time & money (might get hungry at the sight of JamRock grin)

SMH
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
Last card...

I'm understand the grammar the scanner dey speak. Take it to a competent technician.

No vex
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ceejay675(m): 7:01pm On Feb 26, 2019
Nice thread... Am currently having challenges with my Toyota camry 2005. I awlays refill the water reservoir everyday. I mean the coolant reservoir. The mechanic said I should change the radiator to double cell which I have done but the problem still persist.. I have even changed water pump still the same problem.. I don't know what else to do.. The car does not over heat just that am afraid it will over heat if I stop putting water in that reservoir. Please I need ideas on how to solve this... I'm in awka
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by VolvoS60(m): 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
kingreign:

I'm understand the grammar the scanner dey speak. Take it to a competent technician.

No vex

^^^^

grin

I thought I was the only one stumped by the Greek/Russian the scanner was throwing up. Anyone out there who can shine a light on this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^^

grin

I thought I was the only one stumped by the Greek/Russian the scanner was throwing up. Anyone out there who can shine a light on this?

I understand live scan and can explain what that scanner is all about, but as I dey so, I no dey mood to talk about those things. Cos normal trade secret and na consultancy fee i dey find.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2019
kingreign:

I understand live scan and can explain what that scanner is all about, but as I dey so, I no dey mood to talk about those things. Cos normal trade secret and na consultancy fee i dey find.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.