Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913021 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tyche(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
Gazzuzz, abeg you get the compressor of this car to give away? grin

Hyundai Santa Fe 2003, V6
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2019
radautoworks:

grin

Aunty, abi na lie I lie?
How I go explain finish, another kazeeem go chop money into my experience and professional advice?

E no pure na

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by weyreypey: 8:32pm On Feb 26, 2019
ikenna351 mode activated.......

kingreign:

I understand live scan and can explain what that scanner is all about, but as I dey so, I no dey mood to talk about those things. Cos normal trade secret and na consultancy fee i dey find.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2019
weyreypey:

if you know, you know! cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inze(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2019
weyreypey:

. . . i dey tells you grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by damiflo(m): 1:11am On Feb 27, 2019
Oga gazzuz, and other Angels on this thread. I need your counsel.

Car. Honda 2009 V6.

I noticed my oil light flashed 3 weeks ago, i took it to the mechanic, he said something was wrong with the oil pump and some oil related component, i cant recall the specific names, he repaired some and changed some and added new oil and oil filter.

Fast forward to 2days ago, i was driving to the island and i started hearing a loud noise from the engine, the noise would increase anytime i accelerate, luckily, i was close to my destination, i got it towed to the mechanic workshop...
He said the crankshaft and some other things are gone. Long story short. He is suggesting that i replace the engine.

What options do i have, i have read about gazzuz talking about rebuilding engine on one of his threads.

What should i do? How can i manage expenses.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19am On Feb 27, 2019
damiflo:
Oga gazzuz, and other Angels on this thread. I need your counsel.

Car. Honda 2009 V6.

I noticed my oil light flashed 3 weeks ago, i took it to the mechanic, he said something was wrong with the oil pump and some oil related component, i cant recall the specific names, he repaired some and changed some and added new oil and oil filter.

Fast forward to 2days ago, i was driving to the island and i started hearing a loud noise from the engine, the noise would increase anytime i accelerate, luckily, i was close to my destination, i got it towed to the mechanic workshop...
He said the crankshaft and some other things are gone. Long story short. He is suggesting that i replace the engine.

What options do i have, i have read about gazzuz talking about rebuilding engine on one of his threads.

What should i do? How can i manage expenses.

Thank you.

replace engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by damiflo(m): 10:55am On Feb 27, 2019
Thank you. Anything i should look out for when getting the Engine?
GAZZUZZ:

replace engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slay1: 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
Hello house, please where can i get a powertrain control module (PCM) in Nigeria for a 2009 mazda 6s GT?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dejidotun2000(m): 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
I wasn't informed that I had to come back for a pressure check after 10 days either and the AC isn't chilling like it did the day they fixed it
radautoworks:

All AC jobs are advised to come back in 10 days for us to see if your system is holding up to the new pressure.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 7:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
dejidotun2000:
I wasn't informed that I had to come back for a pressure check after 10 days either and the AC isn't chilling like it did the day they fixed it

Okay. Please bring it back so we can check. Staff has been retrained to make sure they tell people.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
slay1:
Hello house, please where can i get a powertrain control module (PCM) in Nigeria for a 2009 mazda 6s GT?

call seller direct. Please I am not responsible for your transactions .

0803 427 0856

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slay1: 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2019
Thank you boss! quote author=GAZZUZZ post=76194599]

call seller direct. Please I am not responsible for your transactions .

0803 427 0856

[/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kenposh(m): 12:38am On Feb 28, 2019
radautoworks:

Us. Second toll gate Lekki
Pls am Gud AC mechanic in Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dejidotun2000(m): 7:35am On Feb 28, 2019
I will. Thanks.
radautoworks:

Okay. Please bring it back so we can check. Staff has been retrained to make sure they tell people.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdelaLee(f): 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2019
yusuf002:
Hello, pls can someone help me my peugeot 406 car is consuming alot of fuel with black smoke , I have changed the nozirls, injector, plug and service silencer but it did not stop
bros, go and have the airflow checked! Greedy people on this forum just want to open market on ur head by asking silly questions to determine the way they want to deal with u, wicked nigerians!, airflow is less than 10k, thats usually the culprit!, black smoke indicates incomplete combustion!

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2019
AdelaLee:
bros, go and have the airflow checked! Greedy people on this forum just want to open market on ur head by asking silly questions to determine the way they want to deal with u, wicked nigerians!, airflow is less than 10k, thats usually the culprit!, black smoke indicates incomplete combustion!

what if it is the O2 sensors? Or the M.A.P,? or the CTS or the coils? Or too much fuel pressure? Or the engine ecu?

That's a peugeot, not a toyota, you do not replace parts randomly.

There will always be a food for airflow meter sensor sellers if you continue like this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdelaLee(f): 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

what if it is the O2 sensors? Or the M.A.P,? or the CTS or the coils? Or too much fuel pressure? Or the engine ecu?

There will always be a food for airflow meter sensor sellers if you continue like this.
there's a way that you test it obviously!, you don't have to be a mechanic to be able to identify!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2019
AdelaLee:
there's a way that you test it obviously!, you don't have to be a mechanic to be able to identify!

you need a specific scan tool to work of that particular vehicle. Errors are stored on the ecu which will not clear with a battery pull, you will need to initialize the entire system when parts are changed and system is cleared of all errors. This is not possible without a dealership level specific scan tool.

Your proposed crude method will NOT work. A peugeot is a complex machine, it's so sensitive that if you replace a faulty part with a functional one, it might not respond without a proper reset. I am speaking from years of experience owning and working on peugeot.

Do you have any experience owning or working on one?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ticoticotico: 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2019
How effective is the injector cleaner,

I've never used it , I will like to know the pros and cons

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by diportivo: 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

the same way the car owner has changed parts

the same advice being given too
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
Please I have a P0402 error code on my XC90

Please any pointers?

Can the catalytic converter just be clogged?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2019
4llerbuntu:
Please I have a P0402 error code on my XC90

Please any pointers?

Can the catalytic converter just be clogged?

faulty Catalytic converter. Replace it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Please oga mi, for clarity this is what the scanner shows.

Is it the same error or different things?

EDIT:. I found out that the evap code may be due to overfilling the fuel tank + dodgy tank cap. Both of which I confirm may have happened today.

Is this probable or is just wash

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdelaLee(f): 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

you need a specific scan tool to work of that particular vehicle. Errors are stored on the ecu which will not clear with a battery pull, you will need to initialize the entire system when parts are changed and system is cleared of all errors. This is not possible without a dealership level specific scan tool.

Your proposed crude method will NOT work. A peugeot is a complex machine, it's so sensitive that if you replace a faulty part with a functional one, it might not respond without a proper reset. I am speaking from years of experience owning and working on peugeot.

Do you have any experience owning or working on one?

yes i have experience i have owned up to 3 peugeots and my hubby is an engineer and he has the scanner and all tools but most of the times he knows what exactly is wrong with the car merely by looking at the visible and audible problems "black smoke and fuel consumption" was the way he identified the problem!, he did his training and worked in an auto repair workshop in the united kingdom for about 12 years precisely NB. NOT ALL CODES THAT COMES UP ON THE ECU AFFECTS THE CAR SO BADLY LIKE THIS ONE AND ITS QUITE EASY TO IDENTIFY! I.E THERE MIGHT BE A CEL WITH NO SYMPTOMS AT ALL EXAMPLES ARE 1. OXYGEN SENSOR 2.CHARCOAL CANISTER ISSUES 3. EGR (EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION VALVE AND MANY MORE
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdelaLee(f): 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

before you replace it you should find out the cause of the problem VIA. A computer based or sophisticated scan tool for more elaborations or other codes that the phone couldn't pick , because if you buy another one and fix like that, it will get damaged again, so its off no use, check for other codes like an 02 sensor code or a burning rich code nozzles and 02 sensors are liable to damage a catalyst if it has a slight overlooked issue, it causes the catalyst to heat up and thats what leads to the damage of the cat inside a cat is a "charcoal like" coating, so when it heats up too much due to the problems above it causes it to burn cos of the excess heat INFO:02 SENSORS and CATALYST plays a huge part in car engine cumbustion!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Naijaphobia(m): 10:50pm On Mar 02, 2019
Very neat Infiniti SUV for sale. Leather interior, alloy rims, stereo & full options in interior, 1st body, very sound first v6 engine & first auto transmission, factory a/c, high grade tyres and transmission. Sound car. Just buy and travel away. N1.3m slightly negotiable. Call YK 0808848 1185

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:37pm On Mar 02, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Please oga mi, for clarity this is what the scanner shows.

Is it the same error or different things?

EDIT:. I found out that the evap code may be due to overfilling the fuel tank + dodgy tank cap. Both of which I confirm may have happened today.

Is this probable or is just wash

your mileage is over 150,000miles, catalyst is old/ageing it was not designed to last forever. Replace it and have a look at air pump on the intake line, it seems to be malfunctioning.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2019
AdelaLee:
yes i have experience i have owned up to 3 peugeots and my hubby is an engineer and he has the scanner and all tools but most of the times he knows what exactly is wrong with the car merely by looking at the visible and audible problems "black smoke and fuel consumption" was the way he identified the problem!, he did his training and worked in an auto repair workshop in the united kingdom for about 12 years precisely NB. NOT ALL CODES THAT COMES UP ON THE ECU AFFECTS THE CAR SO BADLY LIKE THIS ONE AND ITS QUITE EASY TO IDENTIFY! I.E THERE MIGHT BE A CEL WITH NO SYMPTOMS AT ALL EXAMPLES ARE 1. OXYGEN SENSOR 2.CHARCOAL CANISTER ISSUES 3. EGR (EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION VALVE AND MANY MORE

AdelaLee:
before you replace it you should find out the cause of the problem VIA. A computer based or sophisticated scan tool for more elaborations or other codes that the phone couldn't pick , because if you buy another one and fix like that, it will get damaged again, so its off no use, check for other codes like an 02 sensor code or a burning rich code nozzles and 02 sensors are liable to damage a catalyst if it has a slight overlooked issue, it causes the catalyst to heat up and thats what leads to the damage of the cat inside a cat is a "charcoal like" coating, so when it heats up too much due to the problems above it causes it to burn cos of the excess heat INFO:02 SENSORS and CATALYST plays a huge part in car engine cumbustion!

You are confusing your self. In post 1, you want to replace parts without a diagnostic tool because every black smoke is related to airflow meter. In post 2 you don't want to replace Catalytic converter because you are looking for another code which you will not find even if you use a Volvo Scanner to scan the drive train.

Kayode get a life.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Heykayxx(m): 11:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hello Dr. Gazzuzz,

Do you have any idea on how to bypass the programming of 2003 Lexus es 300? The key was absent when it was delivered, and these oyinbo techs are finding it hard to override the program to code a new key. He's suggesting flashing the ECU which costs an arm and a leg. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Onepiece007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.