Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922379 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:00am On Mar 03, 2019
Heykayxx:
Hello Dr. Gazzuzz,

Do you have any idea on how to bypass the programming of 2003 Lexus es 300? The key was absent when it was delivered, and these oyinbo techs are finding it hard to override the program to code a new key. He's suggesting flashing the ECU which costs an arm and a leg. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thank you.

If I had a solution, I would not post it on a public forum.

Please find a legal way to safely have it done.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Heykayxx(m): 1:07am On Mar 03, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

If I had a solution, I would not post it on a public forum.

Please find a legal way to safely have it done.
It is actually legal, lol. I hired a local tech company to do the job. I just don't want to pay for that flashing ish.
There are some DIY on youtube and some web pages. I just need some guidance so I can convince the locksmith coming tomorrow or Monday to think deeper or try a different approach.
http://www.keyfobprogram.com/2003-lexus-es300-remote-programming/
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by diportivo: 6:23am On Mar 03, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Kayode get a life.

kayode should open his/her own thread

fill it up with enough exclamation mark like he/she wants

and let his/her followers go there to learn
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 7:49am On Mar 03, 2019
Heykayxx:

It is actually legal, lol. I hired a local tech company to do the job. I just don't want to pay for that flashing ish.
There are some DIY on youtube and some web pages. I just need some guidance so I can convince the locksmith coming tomorrow or Monday to think deeper or try a different approach.
http://www.keyfobprogram.com/2003-lexus-es300-remote-programming/

Like you posted is how to program keyfob to lock/unlock doors not start the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2019
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HarryZee54(m): 10:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
Hi,
Please, i recently had an experience on my corolla 2010. car stalls at speeds 100kmph & above. frequently quenches at low speeds. changed fuel fump, air filter & plugs but symptoms persists. what must i do? what could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Heykayxx(m): 11:33pm On Mar 03, 2019
thebigkendo:

Like you posted is how to program keyfob to lock/unlock doors not start the car
You're right.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AXYZ: 1:17am On Mar 04, 2019
Dr Gazzuzz, please I have an issue with my 2007 Camry XLE. The car security alarm suddenly blows anytime of the day when it's locked. It started about 2 months ago.
For some weeks, I used to remove the battery head but I discovered it takes time for the ECU to come up in the morning. It starts after the second try but for some days now, I haven't been locking it overnight, probably because it's safe in the compound and it wouldn't make any noise if it's not locked.

Kindly advise please. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdelaLee(f): 5:58am On Mar 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

You are confusing your self. In post 1, you want to replace parts without a diagnostic tool because every black smoke is related to airflow meter. In post 2 you don't want to replace Catalytic converter because you are looking for another code which you will not find even if you use a Volvo Scanner to scan the drive train.

Kayode get a life.
im sure you don't understand hmmmm! Never mind!, not confusing myself, i understand pretty much what im talking about and i have practiced it on several occasions getting results. secondly, i never said he should buy ANY PART and just chuck it in there, i said he should test it i.e pull of the harness wire gently from the airflow when the car is idling to see if there are effects on the engine wen he does that.... That's a simple and quick way to check the MAF to see if its totally dead, so if the engine doesn't change sound when the airflow harness is removed then u know its the airflow! Clap for me!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdelaLee(f): 6:06am On Mar 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

You are confusing your self. In post 1, you want to replace parts without a diagnostic tool because every black smoke is related to airflow meter. In post 2 you don't want to replace Catalytic converter because you are looking for another code which you will not find even if you use a Volvo Scanner to scan the drive train.

Kayode get a life.
"Kayode get a life" probably a mistake right?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ofemmanutosure: 8:05am On Mar 04, 2019
AXYZ:
Dr Gazzuzz, please I have an issue with my 2007 Camry XLE. The car security alarm suddenly blows anytime of the day when it's locked. It started about 2 months ago.
For some weeks, I used to remove the battery head but I discovered it takes time for the ECU to come up in the morning. It starts after the second try but for some days now, I haven't been locking it overnight, probably because it's safe in the compound and it wouldn't make any noise if it's not locked.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AXYZ: 8:36am On Mar 04, 2019
Ofemmanutosure:

Please do wheel balancing and alignment.

Cc Gazzuzz nurey diportivo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 10:34am On Mar 04, 2019
Ofemmanutosure:

Seriously??...how does that relate I'm confused here.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ofemmanutosure: 10:39am On Mar 04, 2019
double3:

Sorry. I actually quoted the wrong person. Wanted to quote the previous post
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ofemmanutosure: 10:43am On Mar 04, 2019
AXYZ:

Cc Gazzuzz nurey diportivo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ofemmanutosure: 10:43am On Mar 04, 2019
double3:

Actually quoted you in error. Sorry. Wanted to quote the previous post. Please disregard
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ofemmanutosure: 10:44am On Mar 04, 2019
HarryZee54:
Hi,
Please, i recently had an experience on my corolla 2010. car stalls at speeds 100kmph & above. frequently quenches at low speeds. changed fuel fump, air filter & plugs but symptoms persists. what must i do? what could be the problem?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05am On Mar 04, 2019
Ofemmanutosure:

harryzee54 kindly disregard
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:07am On Mar 04, 2019
AdelaLee:
im sure you don't understand hmmmm! Never mind!, not confusing myself, i understand pretty much what im talking about and i have practiced it on several occasions getting results. secondly, i never said he should buy ANY PART and just chuck it in there, i said he should test it i.e pull of the harness wire gently from the airflow when the car is idling to see if there are effects on the engine wen he does that.... That's a simple and quick way to check the MAF to see if its totally dead, so if the engine doesn't change sound when the airflow harness is removed then u know its the airflow! Clap for me!

SMH on a peugeot, you just want to get locked out of the engine ecu. Good luck it is clear you have no understanding about the workings of a modern day vehicle.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:08am On Mar 04, 2019
AXYZ:

one of your car door switches is corroded. Just have them removed, sanded at the contact points and re-installed properly.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:12am On Mar 04, 2019
AdelaLee:

Madam, you try. But honestly, any Peugeot from 2000 and above you try this with will just shut you off completely and go into lock mode.

Teacher, No teach me nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AXYZ: 11:31am On Mar 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

one of your car door switches is corroded. Just have them removed, sanded at the contact points and re-installed properly.

You're just too good at what you do. Thanks always.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdelaLee(f): 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2019
kingreign:

Madam, you try. But honestly, any Peugeot from 2000 and above you try this with will just shut you off completely and go into lock mode.

whats with the insults?, i think you should stop your lies, just to scare and make people come to u so that you would get the opportunity to take advantage of them abi!?, there is nothing so special about a peugeot , except for the BSI=BODY SYSTEM INTERFACE which could give problems when wrong wiring is done!, im not sure you would agree because you are most probably a jackass
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdelaLee(f): 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

SMH on a peugeot, you just want to get locked out of the engine ecu. Good luck it is clear you have no understanding about the workings of a modern day vehicle.
really?, you don't want people to learn this trick so dat people like u go dey shop their money abi, u be thief and e nor go tey before you go die!, the minimum year of car i used is as from 2002 so im not sure issa modern vehicle in your village soured village abi? Bag of shayt!!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2019
AdelaLee:
really?, you don't want people to learn this trick so dat people like u go dey shop their money abi, u be thief and e nor go tey before you go die!, the minimum year of car i used is as from 2002 so im not sure issa modern vehicle in your village soured village abi? Bag of shayt!!!!

ok

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdelaLee(f): 1:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
kingreign:

lock mode keh?, na so d moto for ur yeye winch wen u dey come dey do ,thief! YOU JUST WAN LOOK GOOD BEFORE PEOPLE U GO FAIL!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
AdelaLee:

AdelaLee:
lock mode keh?, na so d moto for ur yeye winch wen u dey come dey do ,thief! YOU JUST WAN LOOK GOOD BEFORE PEOPLE U GO FAIL!

AdelaLee:
whats with the insults?, i think you should stop your lies, just to scare and make people come to u so that you would get the opportunity to take advantage of them abi!?, there is nothing so special about a peugeot , except for the BSI=BODY SYSTEM INTERFACE which could give problems when wrong wiring is done!, im not sure you would agree because you are most probably a jackass

If you're really a female,

I'm sure you lack sound parental training and I won't be surprised if you whoop your husband at home. You're too sore and bitter.
Get a life!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdelaLee(f): 2:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
kingreign:

I'm sure you lack sound parental training and I won't be surprised if you whoop your husband at home. You're too sore and bitter.
Get a life!

bastard!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
AdelaLee:
bastard!

Ignored!!! smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
kingreign:

Get a life!

This wan na Man gon gon

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
valarinz if you look up you go see that person here
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by valarinz: 8:16pm On Mar 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
valarinz if you look up you go see that person here

Seen, thanks

Same writing pattern nd same logic pattern. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.