Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919662 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:51pm On Dec 19, 2021
Noyerd2:
Thank for replying me sir don’t mean to bother you. But I am a novice and this is my first car. What exactly am I going to fix . Is it the break pad or break lining . And how much should I be looking at to fix it up. Thank you as I await your favorable reply

Remove the tyre, and look for the leak.

#firsttimecarownerscanbeannoying

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sandammy(m): 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2021
Please enlighten me here my Ogas. I have two issues

1. My 2007 Europe civic radiator fan start rolling immediately the car is started even when the engine has not warmed up. The car is 9ja used bought. Does it mean the thermostat has been removed? I'm planning to refill the radiator with coolant as it's only water in it.

2. I also noticed that anytime I put on the AC, i don't immediately feel it until after some minutes and when car is idle and I put on the AC, I kinda hear some sound coming from the engine by the passenger side like a running or boiling water. If I step outside the car, I don't hear this same sound only while inside.
Please I need explanation and guide on what to do to rectify these two issues
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingsdave(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

You parked a functional vehicle for 10 months and the AC was not working when you came back ( a leak), refilled and all vents were not as cold as should be and became warm next day (a leak) At this point find leak. 3 possibilities .

Compressor shaft seal ( can be checked manually without any equipment)

Pipes ( visual inspection can be used and soap suds)

Evaporator unit. ( You can actually smell refrigerant in the cabin if leak is that fast)

Standard I would use a vacuum machine and my digital pressure gauge to find the leak very easily, but not every one has fancy equipment.

I do not think your compressor is bad. Find the leak, fix, oil the compressor , replace the O rings, joints, vacuum and recharge properly (0.7-0.8kg of refrigerant)

Thank you so much sir, the Tech guy didn't use any fancy equipment ..he just rolled and rolled the compressor , he said it shouldn't be rolling that way , that's the culprit, he was like no matter the amount of gas I put , it will still lead to changing the compressor , he checked the condenser and said that it needs replacing since the compressor will be replaced... There is no AC Tech people around here with any fancy equipment ... I'm in the east
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2021
Kingsdave:

Thank you so much sir, the Tech guy didn't use any fancy equipment ..he just rolled and rolled the compressor , he said it shouldn't be rolling that way , that's the culprit, he was like no matter the amount of gas I put , it will still lead to changing the compressor , he checked the condenser and said that it needs replacing since the compressor will be replaced... There is no AC Tech people around here with any fancy equipment ... I'm in the east

A VDC , variable displacement compressor will roll freely when turned with the pressure line blocked. Manual will not. That game was just to make you feel it was defective

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alba3: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2021
Please, which of these ring size will be good for for 2004 Corolla engine that still drives ok but a little bit of oil shortage and early morning little smoke (sometimes bluish or greyish):

I saw 3types namely:
- Standard
- oversize 0.50mm
- oversize 1.0mm
Can you confirm the one that is needed?

The engine was recently changed. Not encouraged to buy another one. Someone is sending genuine rings from US. Please, which one should I ask him to send among the above?
cc: GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:27am On Dec 21, 2021
Alba3:
Please, which of these ring size will be good for for 2004 Corolla engine that still drives ok but a little bit of oil shortage and early morning little smoke (sometimes bluish or greyish):

I saw 3types namely:

- Standard
- oversize 0.50mm
- oversize 1.0mm

The engine was recently changed. Not encouraged to buy another one. Someone is sending genuine rings from US. Please, which one should I ask him to send among the above?

Measure the bore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alba3: 7:57am On Dec 21, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Measure the bore.
Thanks sir. Your response is deep o; still drive car every day. To measure bore, won't engine be dismantled?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alba3: 8:04am On Dec 21, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Measure the bore.
Alright sir; I should just meet the technician that promised to help install new rings if I could secure genuine ones then. The problem is that I don't want to tamper with engine till the rings, valve seals and others arrived (they're gifts anyway). Maybe I should just forget about the whole stuff?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CowbellY: 10:29am On Dec 21, 2021
Tried to start the car this morning and it says "Parking brake inoperable" anyone had this problem before with a 2011 Avensis ?

Cc : GAZZUZZ, autologic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by YeyeBoyfriend: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2021
Good afternoon everyone,
Pls I just scanned my Honda Accord 05 and these codes popped up

cp09747
cp0713

Whats the issue related to such codes

Reason Doe scanning was because when I start the car and put gear on D it takes time to engage
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Conner44: 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2021
YeyeBoyfriend:
Good afternoon everyone,
Pls I just scanned my Honda Accord 05 and these codes popped up

cp09747
cp0713

Whats the issue related to such codes

Reason Doe scanning was because when I start the car and put gear on D it takes time to engage

P0974- open in shift solenoid valve a circuit
P0713- open in atf temperature sensor circuit

If you haven’t done so recently go ahead and change your atf fluid and also clean the solenoids too.

I will also advise you to check the wirings at the solenoids and switches as well cause it might be loose or something else
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Greatmatty: 11:05pm On Dec 21, 2021
Greeting guys!

Yesterday, my civic 06 suddenly went off while driving, after making clicking sounds. Tried to start and the clicking sound continued repeatedly, waited for some minutes and it started.
Today, same thing happened, it pulled a code P0685 - ECM/PCM power relay control malfunction.

Pls gurus in the house, gazzuzz, kingreign, luvinhubby, how do I resolve this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:11am On Dec 22, 2021
Alba3:

I saw 3types namely:
- Standard
- oversize 0.50mm
- oversize 1.0mm

Standard, assuming the cylinder bore is still unscoured and the honing marks are still visible.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaair(m): 7:48am On Dec 22, 2021
Gurus in the house please help response to the two issues raised by @sandammy, so we can be well informed. Compliments of the season.

sandammy:
Please enlighten me here my Ogas. I have two issues

1. My 2007 Europe civic radiator fan start rolling immediately the car is started even when the engine has not warmed up. The car is 9ja used bought. Does it mean the thermostat has been removed? I'm planning to refill the radiator with coolant as it's only water in it.

2. I also noticed that anytime I put on the AC, i don't immediately feel it until after some minutes and when car is idle and I put on the AC, I kinda hear some sound coming from the engine by the passenger side like a running or boiling water. If I step outside the car, I don't hear this same sound only while inside.
Please I need explanation and guide on what to do to rectify these two issues

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seyema(m): 11:26am On Dec 22, 2021
Pls can total mvlv be used in the absence of dexronii and iii on 1999 camry i4
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by YeyeBoyfriend: 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2021
Conner44:

P0974- open in shift solenoid valve a circuit
P0713- open in atf temperature sensor circuit

If you haven’t done so recently go ahead and change your atf fluid and also clean the solenoids too.

I will also advise you to check the wirings at the solenoids and switches as well cause it might be loose or something else
thanks sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by UNNIEBEST: 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
Please how much does it cost to ring Corolla 2004 engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Felakezman(m): 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
Want to say a big thank you to @GAZZUZZ for helping out with my car today.. Even with his busy schedule.. AT NO COST.... Thank you very much sir..

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emitope: 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
Good evening sirs.
I noticed my Corolla 09 has been dragging before starting in the morning for like two days now. I came back home this night and i put it off to open the gate and this car refused to start. It just kept rolling and dragging without starting, it had to be pushed into the compound.
Pls sirs, what could be the cause?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
Felakezman:
Want to say a big thank you to @GAZZUZZ for helping out with my car today.. Even with his busy schedule.. AT NO COST.... Thank you very much sir..
congrats unah der enjoy for lagos......

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Conner44: 2:03am On Dec 23, 2021
emitope:
Good evening sirs.
I noticed my Corolla 09 has been dragging before starting in the morning for like two days now. I came back home this night and i put it off to open the gate and this car refused to start. It just kept rolling and dragging without starting, it had to be pushed into the compound.
Thanks in anticipation

After it starts ‘dragging ‘ would it start normally after you leave it for a while or must you push start it every time or do you jump start it with another battery ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emitope: 5:10am On Dec 23, 2021
It used to start normally. But last night it didn't. It just kept dragging and 'stopping' without starting.
Conner44:

After it starts ‘dragging ‘ would it start normally after you leave it for a while or must you push start it every time or do you jump start it with another battery ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:12am On Dec 23, 2021
emitope:
Good evening sirs.
Thanks in anticipation

Define dragging.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emitope: 7:46am On Dec 23, 2021
Like slowly rolling. But not kicking/starting. Was starting prior but not since yesterday.

Infact, it just rolls like once/twice now and just stops.
GAZZUZZ:

Define dragging.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Conner44: 7:58am On Dec 23, 2021
emitope:
It used to start normally. But last night it didn't. It just kept dragging and 'stopping' without starting.

Easiest things to check are your spark plugs and fuel pump for starters
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 8:01am On Dec 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Define dragging.
Tonto dragging bob risky things. cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 8:18am On Dec 23, 2021
emitope:
Like slowly rolling. But not kicking/starting. Was starting prior but not since yesterday.

Infact, it just rolls like once/twice now and just stops.

Check if your horn still sounds the normal way. If not your battery has either run down or is weak.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emitope: 8:23am On Dec 23, 2021
It does. The humming sound when you 'on' the car without cranking the engine is there showing that the battery is still intact. I did check that.
Structuralman:

Check if your horn still sounds the normal way. If not your battery has either run down or is weak.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 8:25am On Dec 23, 2021
seyema:
Pls can total mvlv be used in the absence of dexronii and iii on 1999 camry i4
None is recommended, check recommended ATF for your car

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by greatstephenho(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2021
Are you traveling this festive holiday?

Make sure you get your car fixed.

All Volkswagen cars from 2005 model till date

We are here for you. 08034783992
Just a DM away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2021
9icetoo:

Tonto dragging bob risky things. cheesy

Replace engine wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.