Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912340 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

And you want to import parts wink

Uncle take the head to a machine shop for grinding (or better still contact me for a head that has never overheated) buy a graphite head gasket (perish the idea of metal gasket) every other seal and gasket is available original in the market. The headbolts on paper are not to be reused , but guess what? Every one does here and in obodo! Just pray your block does not have strip bolt syndrome if you do (I have a block for sale) cheesy

Thanks Oga mi. I guess I'll just contact you later for the parts.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
Jamie1000:
Why do ppl avoid Hunda Accord...08-12 ? ..... Camry is literally everywhere Nigeria. Share your experience.
depends on location sometimes,my side na the accord plenty pass.the camry na like poor yahoo boy car here

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by myorh: 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Stiff calliper pins. Remove, grease a d return, or just replace.

Thank you!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dayjeee(m): 11:20pm On Dec 30, 2021
Pls Gazzuzz. I am about to buy a honda civic 2007 hybrid, owner has converted it to a normal system. Is there any issue with vehicles converted from hybrid to normal?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:33am On Dec 31, 2021
dayjeee:
Pls Gazzuzz. I am about to buy a honda civic 2007 hybrid, owner has converted it to a normal system. Is there any issue with vehicles converted from hybrid to normal?

Everything possible is now wrong with it.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dayjeee(m): 6:56am On Dec 31, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Everything possible is now wrong with it.
everything possible like how? Can u throw more like sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2021
dayjeee:
everything possible like how? Can u throw more like sir
Meaning you should run while you can.
If you wan buy hybrid, buy hybrid.
If you wan buy normal, buy normal.
No buy converted

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slimmoney(m): 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
lion sleep jeje u wan go drag d tail, oya continue
dayjeee:
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaair(m): 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2021
Good evening gurus in the house
I observed that my odometer is static, my brake light and ABS goes on and off while driving, the MPH is not working ultimately. This happens after driving 10 to 15 minutes.

How do I correct this? One of the electrician I contacted said it has to do ABS module.
Oga in house please I need your help �
The car is Toyota Camry 2010
Happy New year to you all.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dayjeee(m): 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2021
slimmoney:
lion sleep jeje u wan go drag d tail, oya continue
lol. Now i understand
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fitzmayowa: 7:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
First time posting here my car just started this trick of going into reverse while in drive it happened like twice today, I will have to switch off the car and wait for like about 15 mins before I can drive, its a Toyota corolla gurus in the house make una help o......
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Yansham: 9:40am On Jan 01, 2022
I observed my car drags or lags when accelerating. Subsequently, the CEL came on.

Upon scanning, I got P0305 (Cylinder 5 misfire).

Please what could be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:17am On Jan 01, 2022
olaair:
I observed that my odometer is static, my brake light and ABS goes on and off while driving, the MPH is not working ultimately. This happens after driving 10 to 15 minutes.

How do I correct this? One of the electrician I contacted said it has to do ABS module.

It is abs related.

Start with harness, socket, fuses and relays before jumping to replace the module .

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by selfmadeOLX(m): 11:06am On Jan 01, 2022
Jamie1000:
Why do ppl avoid Hunda Accord...08-12 ? ..... Camry is literally everywhere Nigeria. Share your experience.

One, the Nigerian stereotype
Also, because it’s usually abused by people with bad maintenance culture and the car hardly forgives for that.

Here’s a meticulously owned one here
https://www.nairaland.com/6915874/2009-honda-accord-2.4l-i4
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:48am On Jan 01, 2022
olaair:

Location?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
Yansham:
I observed my car drags or lags when accelerating. Subsequently, the CEL came on.

Upon scanning, I got P0305 (Cylinder 5 misfire).

Please what could be the cause?

the spark plug for cylinder 5 is damaged or the ignition coil for cylinder 5 is damaged...
you will have to run tests to determine what the main culprit is....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaair(m): 12:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

It is abs related.

Start with harness, socket, fuses and relays before jumping to replace the module .

Thank you boss, I will stick with your advice. I appreciate this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaair(m): 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
kingreign:

Location?

Lagos. Any information or advice
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
olaair:

Lagos. Any information or advice

Get the car scanned, and post codes. Scan the ABS /Brakes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gravatar: 12:19pm On Jan 01, 2022
Aaaaaarghmed:
depends on location sometimes,my side na the accord plenty pass.the camry na like poor yahoo boy car here

Cool story. We believe you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gravatar: 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jamie1000:

Several people here would tell you how the Camry is an empty and boring vehicle, and for "Yahoo boys", and it's only common because of bandwagon effect, and that the Accord is the most magnificent vehicle ever.

Don't believe the hype.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2022
Gravatar:

Cool story. We believe you.
Good,come to my area.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2022
mashnino:

the spark plug for cylinder 5 is damaged or the ignition coil for cylinder 5 is damaged...

what of Injector on cylinder 5 and valves on cylinder 5 angry

Misfire occurs when the combustion reaction does not occur correctly wink
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 4:49pm On Jan 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Sorry, Sir... grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Yansham: 11:33pm On Jan 01, 2022
mashnino:

Thanks so much.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Yansham: 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks so much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BonkoINC: 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
inze:

Sam
0803 779 3902
Summit Road, Asaba

Ok thanks .
I really appreciate.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by musachara: 8:35am On Jan 03, 2022
It's an electrical problem, you need a very good electrician to fix it. I had similar issues before
Jamie1000:
Hello guys. I'm about to make a big decision. I'm considering changing my Gear box. But, I want to be sure, that is the problem. Please, I need your advice. My Camry 2.4 gear is slogish in acceleration. The gears doesn't change as fast as possible from 1-3. Sometimes climbing even a small hill is an issue. Is thier anything I can check. Fuel pump, filters, nozzles are all ok. Even when on high speed, once thiers an incline hill, I notice the significant deceleration and and I feel the the rpm dropping even when pressing against the gas pedal. And attempt to force results in a loud noice from exhaust and a bad smell from the hood with no much acceleration but high rpm. In a level ground or down the the hill, it's faster but, still dragss in the first two gears. Please, advice me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honsule(m): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2022
Happy New year to GAZZUZZ & other wonderful people in the house. Please I will need an advice. Just of recent (on new year day) the check light on my 2005 Corolla just appeared. When I scanned I saw this error code P0136. I then clear it, the next day checked light appear again. I cleared it. The car doesn't have a catalyst...

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsonjolly: 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
Pls,have a Toyota Camry 2.4 anytime it's on reverse,it jerks very well,even when it's on motion,and u turn on the AC,it will start jerking profusely. And I noticed that fire guage on the dashboard isn't stable,once the car is on,it fluctuates on it's own. What can I do pls,have changed the engine seat,fuel pump, changed plugs but it still jerks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2022
honsule:
Happy New year to GAZZUZZ & other wonderful people in the house. Please I will need an advice. Just of recent (on new year day) the check light on my 2005 Corolla just appeared. When I scanned I saw this error code P0136. I then clear it, the next day checked light appear again. I cleared it. The car doesn't have a catalyst...

Replace the sensor under the car

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.