Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919448 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
Mcdreamy15:
i no go borrow my own brother sef battery again �

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 2:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

oga gazzuzz it happen it again ooo...and na when grin i wan do u turn e do am o
I tried making a u-turn few minutes ago and it stalled at the intersection. Is this related to battery issue i talked about or something else entirely

Modified
Turns out the battery hanger was touching the positive terminal and since the hanger was bolted to the body A +B equals grin
my kazeem noticed it sha coz my eye no go there.
Thanks all the same boss

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chidekings(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

I have no information to work with.
what informations sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 0Cisa(m): 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
My Camry 2011 jerks when changing gear. This happens when you start driving after some idle time. Pls assist.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
0Cisa:
My Camry 2011 jerks when changing gear. This happens when you start driving after some idle time. Pls assist.
13 pins camry gear, was it serviced recently
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 0Cisa(m): 8:00am On Sep 04, 2022
Serviced the car recently, just changed oil and rollers. Nothing was done to the gear.quote author=dicksonadams post=116323242]
13 pins camry gear, was it serviced recently [/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Arysexy(m): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2022
My Camry consumes fuel, can this p1130 , p1135 be the cause?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by onyii255(m): 4:51am On Sep 05, 2022
Greetings my people..

I have an issue with my 2012 Camry. I noticed yesterday that the R sign on the dashboard blinks when I engage the reverse gear and the vehicle jerks when the reverse gear is engaged as well.

I don’t experience that kick when I shift to Drive, it only occurs when Reverse is engaged.

What’s could be the issue please??

CC : Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:07am On Sep 05, 2022
Arysexy:
My Camry consumes fuel, can this p1130 , p1135 be the cause?

It will contribute greatly to very poor fuel economy regardless of the vehicle year model or engine size

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Arysexy(m): 8:54am On Sep 05, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

It will contribute greatly to very poor fuel economy regardless of the vehicle year model or engine size

Thanks Sir.

Should I go straight and change the upstream 02 sensor? Someone was saying mass air flow sensor could also trigger this code
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jaiyeoba1(m): 9:55am On Sep 05, 2022
Good morning guys.
Please is there a very good and reliable Toyota mechanic in Abuja.
A good recommendation would be highly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2022
Jaiyeoba1:
Good morning guys.
CC:KINGREIGN
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
Jaiyeoba1:
Good morning guys.

If it’s okay with you, you can contact me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
seanfer:

CC:KINGREIGN
Thanks bro
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Paulyaweh(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2022
Having some issues with my camry 2011.
When i start the vehicle and i leave it idling in park, it just goes off on its own.
When in traffic or if i slow down completely once i am ready to move and press the accelerator, the vehicle just stalls with no response and suddenly picks up and jerks forward.
It happens off and on and the engine indicator on the dashboard is on....
I have not had the chance to take it for a scan..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2022
Paulyaweh:
Having some issues with my camry 2011.
When i start the vehicle and i leave it idling in park, it just goes off on its own.
When in traffic or if i slow down completely once i am ready to move and press the accelerator, the vehicle just stalls with no response and suddenly picks up and jerks forward.
It happens off and on and the engine indicator on the dashboard is on....
I have not had the chance to take it for a scan..
Have it scanned and Ppost codes here so we can take it up from there
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Burchester: 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Engie size?

Pic of what you replaced?

Even after replacing the camshaft and VTC solenoid. The same issue is showing P0011
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2022
Burchester:

Even after replacing the camshaft and VTC solenoid. The same issue is showing P0011

That's the problem with used parts, you might be doing the right thing with defective parts

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MedicH: 9:01am On Sep 08, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

That's the problem with used parts, you might be doing the right thing with defective parts

pls what part of the cam do i need to replace to solve vvt rattle on cold start? car is es300 serviced with fully synthetic sae 5w 30 every 1500 miles. Noise started at exactly 265k miles.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:38am On Sep 08, 2022
MedicH:

pls what part of the cam do i need to replace to solve vvt rattle on cold start? car is es300 serviced with fully synthetic sae 5w 30 every 1500 miles. Noise started at exactly 265k miles.

wonderful! That engine was built to eat mileage.

Engine is belt driven an did not have variable timing noise.

How long have you had this vehicle ?

What oil brand do you use?

Have you always used this brand

If you insist, the variable timing actuators are in pink but please do not change them.

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MedicH: 9:49am On Sep 08, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

wonderful! That engine was built to eat mileage.

Engine is belt driven an did not have variable timing noise.

How long have you had this vehicle ?

What oil brand do you use?

Have you always used this brand

If you insist, the variable timing actuators are in pink but please do not change them.

i have had it for 4 years. i use castrol consistently as that's what the USA owner used too but i reduced interval to 1500-2000 miles because she is aging.

i have shown mechs around but they keep mentioning cam. I saw a video on youtube where the repair guy was replacing one thing that is round that he called cam gear just as u marked in pink. I was confused because the cam gear are two in numbers and he is replacing just one. I dropped questions but got no reply.

If you know the exact part to change and solve this noise i will like to send you money so u waybill to owerri. the noise happen just less than one seconds on cold start only.

I do not want this mech to do trial and error and ruin this baby. He mentioned sending the cam to welder to do abracadabra and they do not sound nice to my hearing.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 11:29am On Sep 08, 2022
Good morning everyone, i want to buy a new AC compressor for a 2009 Toyota corrolla 2ZR 4 cylinder engine. My location is Abeokuta

Cc gazzuzz
Kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2022
Mcdreamy15:
Good morning everyone, i want to buy a new AC compressor for a 2009 Toyota corrolla 2ZR 4 cylinder engine. My location is Abeokuta

Cc gazzuzz
Kingreign
Brand new OEM DENSO is very expensive and has a non-return on part and non-refundable money policy.
If you wish to proceed, then we can communicate better.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2022
MedicH:

i have had it for 4 years. i use castrol consistently as that's what the USA owner used too but i reduced interval to 1500-2000 miles because she is aging.

i have shown mechs around but they keep mentioning cam. I saw a video on youtube where the repair guy was replacing one thing that is round that he called cam gear just as u marked in pink. I was confused because the cam gear are two in numbers and he is replacing just one. I dropped questions but got no reply.

If you know the exact part to change and solve this noise i will like to send you money so u waybill to owerri. the noise happen just less than one seconds on cold start only.

I do not want this mech to do trial and error and ruin this baby. He mentioned sending the cam to welder to do abracadabra and they do not sound nice to my hearing.

Fixable , but endure my brother.

If you insist message me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2022
I have issues with these codes.

P0141

P1157

P2185

Car: Honda Accord 2007 4 cyl.

Please I need help.

God bless the gurus as they respond.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by femarse: 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
onyii255:
Greetings my people..

I have an issue with my 2012 Camry. I noticed yesterday that the R sign on the dashboard blinks when I engage the reverse gear and the vehicle jerks when the reverse gear is engaged as well.

I don’t experience that kick when I shift to Drive, it only occurs when Reverse is engaged.

What’s could be the issue please??

CC : Gazzuzz

Pls what is the name of this app
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Miee: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
vivalavida:

Nice ride

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Miee: 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMi1y1QIfCE

The 2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T vs 2015 Toyota Camry XSE.
CarContinent and I spent some time with these amazing cars and we showed their best sides and their not-so-cool sides. Which of these two is the better sporty daily driver to own?

Don’t forget to subscribe, like and share the link so others can do the same too.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Olamideace001: 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
Please I really need help concerning my Camry 07 gear , Firstly let me tell u what happened ,I suddenly notice my gear select late and when I discovered I notice water enter d oil but I was surprised I didn’t enter any water so I was told from the radiator there’s a pipe that connect them and probably it leaks ,they tried all sort of tricks like flushing it but no avail and the drive stopped and only the reverse work fine and I was introduced to a gear operator ,he scanned it and this were d code below �

P0748:- Pressure Control solenoid A Electrical
P0778: Pressure Control Solenoid BElectrical
P0798 : Pressure Control Solenoid Electrical
P0983: Shift SolenodD Control Gieuit High
P0986: Shift Solenoid E Control Circuit High
P2716° Pressure Control Solenoid D Electrical
p2770: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit High

He ask for money that he will buy d drive which I gave him and other money ,he remove the gear and said he clean everything and replace the things needed but when done it’s still d same and only d reverse still work only please help me ���� I paid almost 150k already
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Maxijoe(m): 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Good evening everyone, the wire on the negative terminal on my battery got disconected and I drove straight back home for over 15km without connecting it back. which means I drove back home batteryless. Did I have anything to worry about. saying this because the battery has finally ran down. I fixed the wire as soon as I got home, run it for some time, locked the car and went to rest only for me to come back to pick sometging from the car
and discovered the battery has completely run down. Pls, anything to worry about?
Thanks.
@GAZZUZ, LUVINGHUBBY,KINGREIGN
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by onyii255(m): 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
femarse:

Pls what is the name of this app

What app?

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.