Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919569 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
Maxijoe:
Good evening everyone, the wire on the negative terminal on my battery got disconected and I drove straight back home for over 15km without connecting it back. which means I drove back home batteryless. Did I have anything to worry about. saying this because the battery has finally ran down. I fixed the wire as soon as I got home, run it for some time, locked the car and went to rest only for me to come back to pick sometging from the car
and discovered the battery has completely run down. Pls, anything to worry about?
Thanks.
@GAZZUZ, LUVINGHUBBY,KINGREIGN

Charge the battery you should be fine. However, I’d the battery fails to keep charge, replace the battery.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
Olamideace001:
Please I really need help concerning my Camry 07 gear , Firstly let me tell u what happened ,I suddenly notice my gear select late and when I discovered I notice water enter d oil but I was surprised I didn’t enter any water so I was told from the radiator there’s a pipe that connect them and probably it leaks ,they tried all sort of tricks like flushing it but no avail and the drive stopped and only the reverse work fine and I was introduced to a gear operator ,he scanned it and this were d code below �

P0748:- Pressure Control solenoid A Electrical
P0778: Pressure Control Solenoid BElectrical
P0798 : Pressure Control Solenoid Electrical
P0983: Shift SolenodD Control Gieuit High
P0986: Shift Solenoid E Control Circuit High
P2716° Pressure Control Solenoid D Electrical
p2770: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit High

He ask for money that he will buy d drive which I gave him and other money ,he remove the gear and said he clean everything and replace the things needed but when done it’s still d same and only d reverse still work only please help me ���� I paid almost 150k already

Replace gear

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
Maxijoe:
Good evening everyone, the wire on the negative terminal on my battery got disconected and I drove straight back home for over 15km without connecting it back. which means I drove back home batteryless. Did I have anything to worry about. saying this because the battery has finally ran down. I fixed the wire as soon as I got home, run it for some time, locked the car and went to rest only for me to come back to pick sometging from the car
and discovered the battery has completely run down. Pls, anything to worry about?
Thanks.
@GAZZUZ, LUVINGHUBBY,KINGREIGN

Something do not add up.

Clean contacts and jumpstart if you have to. Then drive 15-20mins and try again .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Maxijoe(m): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2022
kingreign:

Charge the battery you should be fine. However, I’d the battery fails to keep charge, replace the battery.

Ok, thanks kingrain
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Maxijoe(m): 12:11am On Sep 12, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Something do not add up.

Clean contacts and jumpstart if you have to. Then drive 15-20mins and try again .

Ok, thanks boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2022
Good morning House...
Pls there is something I need clarity on...

I noticed that both the upstream and downstream O2 sensors on my Honda Odyssey 2001 model are disconnected, and yet the Check-engine light is NOT on.

The vehicle runs smoothly, no issues...

But from my observation it seems the fuel consumption is a bit higher than normal.

I need suggestions on what steps I need to take if necessary.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MedicH: 11:13am On Sep 12, 2022
WycliffeSMB:
Good morning House...
Pls there is something I need clarity on...

I noticed that both the upstream and downstream O2 sensors on my Honda Odyssey 2001 model are disconnected, and yet the Check-engine light is NOT on.

The vehicle runs smoothly, no issues...

But from my observation it seems the fuel consumption is a bit higher than normal.

I need suggestions on what steps I need to take if necessary.

Thank you.

Does check engine light come on when you start the car or when ignition is on? That momentary flash of the cluster as the ECU performs self-test?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 11:45am On Sep 12, 2022
MedicH:

Does check engine light come on when you start the car or when ignition is on? That momentary flash of the cluster as the ECU performs self-test?

NO. The light has never come on
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MedicH: 2:01pm On Sep 12, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

NO. The light has never come on

the bulb is dead or somebody have used a black celotape to cover it. Scan your car for codes then inspect your instrument cluster. It is almost impossible for 02 sensors to be disconnected and their wont be check engine light unless the ECU is bad. Once the upstream sensors are disconnected, ur fuel consumption is as high as plus 40% talking from experience.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2022
MedicH:

the bulb is dead or somebody have used a black celotape to cover it. Scan your car for codes then inspect your instrument cluster. It is almost impossible for 02 sensors to be disconnected and their wont be check engine light unless the ECU is bad. Once the upstream sensors are disconnected, ur fuel consumption is as high as plus 40% talking from experience.
Okay Sir.
Thanks.
I will go for a scan and Revert to this post.

Pls how much does it usually cost?
It's my first time.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MedicH: 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

Okay Sir.
Thanks.
I will go for a scan and Revert to this post.

Pls how much does it usually cost?
It's my first time.

i did my first time 2k then i bought my scanner from aliexpress 1k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Yansham: 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2022
Oga Gazzuzz,

Abeg help me. I have been battling with engine misfire and random misfire since the beginning of the year and no solution still.

It is a Camry 2007 3.5L 2GR-FE engine.

I have changed all the spark plugs. The car was fine for few months. After some time the car was vibrating and hesitating during acceleration. I got P0301 after scanning it. I changed Ignition Coil on cylinder 1 about 3weeks ago.

As I was driving home today, the car started hesitating whenever I try to accelerate and the check engine light came up and started blinking.

I got P0305 after scanning it when I got home. Below are the data readings I also got from the VIEW FREEZE FRAME.

LOAD_PCT(%) = 85.5, ETC (F) = 189, SHRTFT1(%) = -3.9, LONGFT1(%) = 3.9, SHRTFT2(%) = 0.0, LONGFT2(%) = 0.0, RPM(/min) = 2340, VSS(mph) = 40, SPARKADV(*) = 17, IAT(F) = 104, MAF(lb/min) = 6.666, TP(%) = 31.0, O2B1S2(V) = 0.700, SHRTFTB1S2(%) = 99.2, O2B3S2(V) = 0.640, SHRTFTB3S2(%)= 99.2, RUNTM(sec) = 360, EQ_RATB1S1 = 0.999, O2B1S1(V) = 3.483, EQ_RATB3S1 = 1.005, O2B3S1(V) = 3.301, EVAP_PCT(%) = 100.0, WARM_UPS = 15, CLR_DIST (mile) = 78, BARO (inHg) = 29.4, EQ_RAT11 = 0.999, O2S11(mA) = 0.113, EQ_RAT31=1.005, O2S31(mA) = 0.000, CATEMP11(F)=1188.14, CATEMP21(F)=1188.14, CATEMP12(F)=936.14,CATEMP22(F)=1188.14,VPWR(V) = 13.164, LOAD_ABS(%) = 61, EQ_RAT= 0.997, TP_R(%)= 13.3, TP_B(%) = 66.3, APP_D(%) = 32.2, APP_E(%) = 48.2, TAC_PCT(%)=30.6

Kindly assist me with what could be the problem. Other car expert can also assist me.

Abeg.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by femarse: 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2022
onyii255:

What app?

The one you use to scan your car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrphilia: 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Good Day House. Today I went to replace my faulty kickstarter. The Rewire guy dipped his hands into the brake fluid compartment to get oil to lubricate the key starter before putting it in. After the replacement I noticed that the check engine light that was always permanently on has disappeared and now the brake light is permanently on. What could have caused this? It's a lexus Rx 330
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2022
MedicH:

i did my first time 2k then i bought my scanner from aliexpress 1k
Okay.
Can you recommend the one you bought from AliExpress?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MedicH: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

Okay.
Can you recommend the one you bought from AliExpress?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2022
Mrphilia:
Good Day House. Today I went to replace my faulty kickstarter. The Rewire guy dipped his hands into the brake fluid compartment to get oil to lubricate the key starter before putting it in. After the replacement I noticed that the check engine light that was always permanently on has disappeared and now the brake light is permanently on. What could have caused this? It's a lexus Rx 330

Are you sure your parking break (A.K.A. Hand brake) is not engaged?

If it's not, then it means you are probably running low on brake fluid.

Better check it or be ready to deal with the consequences of a failed brake.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
Mrphilia:

If he removed your battery while working, the check engine light is coming back soon.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrphilia: 6:30am On Sep 13, 2022
Grupo:

Are you sure your parking break (A.K.A. Hand brake) is not engaged?

If it's not, then it means you are probably running low on brake fluid.

Better check it or be ready to deal with the consequences of a failed brake.
Good morning can you recommend a Dot 3 Brake fluid type for me to use?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2022
Mrphilia:

Check the brake oil tank cover, the rewire did not cover it, or the fluid is low
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrphilia: 9:59am On Sep 13, 2022
seanfer:

Check the brake oil tank cover, the rewire did not cover it, or the fluid is low
I just left the mechanic workshop. Everything was checked and a new brake fluid was put. The brake sign is still on the dashboard. The mechanic said maybe the rewire touched the sensor that it's nothing to worry about.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ManAdii: 10:48am On Sep 13, 2022
Someone is offering me Honda 2002 V6 3.0. Is this a good buy for a first time car owner with an average income?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by LandoKingz: 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2022
Senior Engineers in the house I need an injector mouth for my 2zz +Toyota matrix XRS where can I get it please my acceleration is malfunctioning goes high an low on its own, I use an audition spring to hold it but it's making the throttle body strong to depress I am in osun state Ilesa I have searched it here but have not seen it I need where I can get it thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by LandoKingz: 3:00pm On Sep 13, 2022
LandoKingz:
Senior Engineers in the house I need an injector mouth for my 2zz +Toyota matrix XRS where can I get it please my acceleration is malfunctioning goes high an low on its own, I use an audition spring to hold it but it's making the throttle body strong to depress I am in osun state Ilesa I have searched it here but have not seen it I need where I can get it thanks.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by calculation(m): 7:53am On Sep 14, 2022
ManAdii:
Someone is offering me Honda 2002 V6 3.0. Is this a good buy for a first time car owner with an average income?
NO, don't buy it because you will not be able to withstand its associated problems with V6 as a first time user.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by calculation(m): 7:59am On Sep 14, 2022
LandoKingz:
Your vehicle problem may not even be that injector nozzle. The part can be test if it is okay or not( very simple to do) . Ensure you do a test before replacement.
I believe that it can be source in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ManAdii: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2022
Experts here, what's your review on mazda 6 1.8L 2007 model. Is this car durable?
Is it a good buy for a first timer?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nacozee: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
There is this dead rattle that started on my car recently and mostly on cold start. However I am beginning to notice it after parking for few hours. It's an annoying knocking sound that lasts just a second or two after engine start and is gone.

What could be causing this. And how can I fix it please. It's creeping out. No check engine

Car is a Toyota Venza 2010 2gr fe
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by forahanj: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
ManAdii:
Experts here, what's your review on mazda 6 1.8L 2007 model. Is this car durable?
Is it a good buy for a first timer?

Heard they're absolutely fantastic. This sport sedan is trustworthy, has excellent suspension, an excellent engine, sporty design, and is made by the top Japanese automakers.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ManAdii: 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
Please which car scanner do you guys use?
I want to get one. I'm a first time car owner abeg make una no vex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: dicksonadams(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.