Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915306 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ayowumie(m): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2017
@Gazzuzz, thank you for the great work you are doing.

My Toyota Rav 4, 2010 over heated due to fan that stopped working (fan stopped working because rewire tampered with the fuse when changing horn) .

The gasket we changed but later the car stopped entering gear. My mechanic cleaned the carbon fibre and the car started working. The problem now, the car vibrates when in idle D. The car is also slow during pick up speed and it is even very sluggish at 120 km/hr.

Secondly, can you please refer me to a good mechanic in Abuja - I spoke to you about this on the phone few minutes ago.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inze(m): 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ayowumie:

My Toyota Rav 4, 2010 over heated due to fan that stopped working (fan stopped working because rewire tampered with the fuse when changing horn) .

The gasket we changed but later the car stopped entering gear. My mechanic cleaned the carbon fibre and the car started working. The problem now, the car vibrates when in idle D. The car is also slow during pick up speed and it is even very sluggish at 120 km/hr.

Secondly, can you please refer me to a good mechanic in Abuja - I spoke to you about this on the phone few minutes ago.

. . . maybe kingreign might be interested
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ayowumie:

Call me 07034581213.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Looks like your PCV valve was blocked, and now oil is trying to force it's way out the other end. (I might be wrong) but clearly a simple leak issue that can be handled by any one that can use tools. First find out if the PCV valve allows air in or out in one direction.
thank you sir, I will fix it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ajims(m): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2017
Please house, i have issues with my toyota highlander hybrid 2006, it is displaying check hybrid and VSC , and will not start. A scan was done and the problem code is P0A78, pls any help will be appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ajims(m): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

why did you bleed?

If done properly bleeding was not required.

Sultaan Nah your product come epp them
Thanks bro, it was done by the mechanic.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ajims(m): 8:36am On Jan 07, 2017
Emekayoung:

Tell ur mechanic to service ur calipars. Just try and see. Writing from experience.

OK thanks, will do that.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by copiescopy(m): 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
oga Gazzuz .

Pls help me with the proper advise ... my EOD 2004 transmission has been perfect as i have been using DW for close to a year and no issues .. some day before xmas eve i passed through a very rough road and the supply hose UNDERNEATH was cut into two by a sharp object or stone this made the transmission oil to spill out . immediately the hose cut someone noticed it and i had to stop the car immediately.

luckily there was mechanic shop closeby. the guy i met there told me the hose has been split due to it dangling so used razor and cut to size then fixed it to the pipe which fitted in again . he asked me the kind of oil I normally use .i told him clearly that its dw1 .but at that particular point it was getting late no where I could get dw1 and i needed to get the car home .so he suggested I use the normal atf oil then maybe on Monday after Xmas holiday i will then drain and put in my normal dw 1.

after putting in the normal transmission oil the car was normal till after xmas and some days back just after boxing day i noticed the gear began to slip . I had to go get the normal oil that i have been using .and flushed the other oil out . but then i noticed the same thing was happening . and the d light began to blink as i was on drive .

to cut the long story short i was trying to take the car back to the mechanic to explain the development when the entire gear stopped working . it doesn’t engaged on drive except on reverse gear. the mechanic having known the car understood that it was the oil that was messing up again had to drive the car on reverse to his shop and we had to do a second flushing for a second day . in between these two day I have used 10 1 quartz of DW each can is 3,500 and the gear is still slipping . it doesn’t engage in the drive up till now . i have left the car at the mech shop since yesterday .

I am troubled and worried as i have spent roughly enough close to 40k just to flush and i dont want to keep spending more on what I am not sure of . I was beginning to think maybe the last oil has done some damages to the transmission or if the gear will still pick and start engaging like my mechanic was assuring me . I am in real confused state . please a quick and urgent advise is needed as I am in pains not been able to use the car since yestrday .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by iyisco2001(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
copiescopy:
oga Gazzuz .

Pls help me with the proper advise ... my EOD 2004 transmission has been perfect as i have been using DW for close to a year and no issues .. some day before xmas eve i passed through a very rough road and the supply hose UNDERNEATH was cut into two by a sharp object or stone this made the transmission oil to spill out . immediately the hose cut someone noticed it and i had to stop the car immediately.

luckily there was mechanic shop closeby. the guy i met there told me the hose has been split due to it dangling so used razor and cut to size then fixed it to the pipe which fitted in again . he asked me the kind of oil I normally use .i told him clearly that its dw1 .but at that particular point it was getting late no where I could get dw1 and i needed to get the car home .so he suggested I use the normal atf oil then maybe on Monday after Xmas holiday i will then drain and put in my normal dw 1.

after putting in the normal transmission oil the car was normal till after xmas and some days back just after boxing day i noticed the gear began to slip . I had to go get the normal oil that i have been using .and flushed the other oil out . but then i noticed the same thing was happening . and the d light began to blink as i was on drive .

to cut the long story short i was trying to take the car back to the mechanic to explain the development when the entire gear stopped working . it doesn’t engaged on drive except on reverse gear. the mechanic having known the car understood that it was the oil that was messing up again had to drive the car on reverse to his shop and we had to do a second flushing for a second day . in between these two day I have used 10 1 quartz of DW each can is 3,500 and the gear is still slipping . it doesn’t engage in the drive up till now . i have left the car at the mech shop since yesterday .

I am troubled and worried as i have spent roughly enough close to 40k just to flush and i dont want to keep spending more on what I am not sure of . I was beginning to think maybe the last oil has done some damages to the transmission or if the gear will still pick and start engaging like my mechanic was assuring me . I am in real confused state . please a quick and urgent advise is needed as I am in pains not been able to use the car since yestrday .

New fibers or new gear fully loaded.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:57am On Jan 08, 2017
copiescopy:
oga Gazzuz .

[color=#990000]cc: kashif/color]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kashif(m): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2017
copiescopy:
oga Gazzuz .

Because of the typical nature of Honda transmissions, they are very ATF-sensitive. You made a mistake adding that 'normal' oil. What quantity was added?

You said you have flushed many times, how was it done? Or were you referring to drain and refill?

I do not fully understand the 'razor on hose' procedure. That must be a cooler line that was ruptured. Can you explain more? A picture would help. I think you are dealing with pressure loss.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by copiescopy(m): 9:07am On Jan 08, 2017
iyisco2001:

New fibers or new gear fully loaded.

new fibres i can manage ...what are the fibres and where can i get that ? as for new gears bro .oh my God !!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by copiescopy(m): 9:15am On Jan 08, 2017
Kashif:

Because of the typical nature of Honda transmissions, they are very ATF-sensitive. You made a mistake adding that 'normal' oil. What quantity was added?

You said you have flushed many times, how was it done? Or were you referring to drain and refill?

I do not fully understand the 'razor on hose' procedure. That must be a cooler line that was ruptured. Can you explain more? A picture would help. I think you are dealing with pressure loss.

the mechanic did add close to 4 litres of the normal oil

I did a flush twice with 10 cans of DW1 some 6 days later .. that's 5 cans on two different occasions .

The razor and hose theory . what i meant to say was that when the hose was slashed by the sharp object . the mech simply used razor to cut one side off and fixed one end back to the pipe that supplies transmission into the gear box .

I will have to visit the mechanic shop this noon for a pic . and have a clear view of the pipe i am referring to . But please any sound advise on what to do ? till now the gear only enagages on reverse and take time to engage into reverse like pressure thing you talked about is involved
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:23am On Jan 08, 2017
I am no gear expert, but I am sure your valve body is contaminated with dirt.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by copiescopy(m): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Please sir refer this issue to a gear expert on nairaland u can recommend for proper advise

again how do i clear the dirt on the contaminated valve ..any advise will do a great help ..i'm in dilemna .i cant imagine coughing out large amount for a new gear box at this recession .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kashif(m): 11:19am On Jan 08, 2017
copiescopy:

I did a flush twice with 10 cans of DW1 some 6 days later .. that's 5 cans on two different occasions .

The razor and hose theory . what i meant to say was that when the hose was slashed by the sharp object . the mech simply used razor to cut one side off and fixed one end back to the pipe that supplies transmission into the gear box .

I will have to visit the mechanic shop this noon for a pic . and have a clear view of the pipe i am referring to . But please any sound advise on what to do ? till now the gear only enagages on reverse and take time to engage into reverse like pressure thing you talked about is involved

Are you sure you are not still losing fluid? Confirm ATF level before anything else. I dont understand why a cooler line should be sagging in the first place, exposing it to that cut. Lets wait for your picture. Peace.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by copiescopy(m): 11:39am On Jan 08, 2017
Kashif:

Are you sure you are not still losing fluid? Confirm ATF level before anything else. I dont understand why a cooler line should be sagging in the first place, exposing it to that cut. Lets wait for your picture. Peace.

OKAY SIR ,

the cooler line was sagging below . as it was not in place . what could have led to that in the first place was that some work was done where the under engine seating was replaced and the radiator was removed . i am sure the mechanic did not fit the line well enough after fixing back the seating .

the cooler line which is the hose itself was dangling underneath i noticed that but never knew the damage it could cause until it was severed by the sharp object owing to bad roads. which is what i m suffering today . . i will upload the pic of the underneath and send to you . thanks for your assement ..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by isdore66(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
Cool
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Piyke: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
copiescopy:

5 quarts is an overfill for this car, capacity is 3quartz and 3.1 quartz for 4cyl and v6 respectively. Was power used to flush the AT? Your description is not clear on how the flush was done. Honda advises against power flushes on its ATs

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dandollar1: 10:05am On Jan 13, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
hello Gazzuzz, please I need an injector for hilux (tiger face) 2.8L diesel engine.
Can I get a good one from you?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:34am On Jan 13, 2017
dandollar1:
hello Gazzuzz, please I need an injector for hilux (tiger face) 2.8L diesel engine.
Can I get a good one from you?

unavailable sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by alphamodel1(m): 2:35am On Jan 14, 2017
Good morning Bro, I just got a 2009 corolla ( made in south Africa) from a friend. I've been feeling frustrated with the following issues:
1. The car throttles smoothly at rest, but acceleration comes sometimes with slight jerking or sluggish. Sometimes it just picks up and runs smoothly. Once I load the AC it looks like a death sentence on the engine, I have to turn I off to be able to move tho not still very smooth. I forgot to add that it's a manual gear with 1zz engine.
2. The speedometer doesn't work, it writes check abs on the dashboard. I ve changed the speed sensors on the right and left legs, but there is confussion bw my electrician and mechanic as to whether the front shaft is suppose to come wit a abs ring or not. Mine doesn't have.
3. In the mornings my engine makes funny sound like as if oil is not pumping for about a second and stops. Before now, There was one time it lasted for up to 5 seconds and I ve to throttle the car for it to stop, it indicated low oil pressure but stops when the sound stop. I took it to my mechanic and he opened the bottom plate, cleaned the oil pump host that collects oil. He also noticed the metals had injured the crank shaft a little and was not tightly fitted in its casing. I had to buy new metals. Now it doesn't write low oil pressure, the noise has stop, only comes up some mornings for just a second and stops on its on without me throttling the car. This only happens in the mornings, but during the day it doesn't.
I'm contemplating buying a new engine because of number 1 and 3 reasons state above. I live in uyo, akwa ibom state thanks so much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40am On Jan 14, 2017
alphamodel1:
Good morning Bro, I just got a 2009 corolla ( made in south Africa) from a friend. I've been feeling frustrated with the following issues:
1. The car throttles smoothly at rest, but acceleration comes sometimes with slight jerking or sluggish. Sometimes it just picks up and runs smoothly. Once I load the AC it looks like a death sentence on the engine, I have to turn I off to be able to move tho not still very smooth. I forgot to add that it's a manual gear with 1zz engine.
2. The speedometer doesn't work, it writes check abs on the dashboard. I ve changed the speed sensors on the right and left legs, but there is confussion bw my electrician and mechanic as to whether the front shaft is suppose to come wit a abs ring or not. Mine doesn't have.
3. In the mornings my engine makes funny sound like as if oil is not pumping for about a second and stops. Before now, There was one time it lasted for up to 5 seconds and I ve to throttle the car for it to stop, it indicated low oil pressure but stops when the sound stop. I took it to my mechanic and he opened the bottom plate, cleaned the oil pump host that collects oil. He also noticed the metals had injured the crank shaft a little and was not tightly fitted in its casing. I had to buy new metals. Now it doesn't write low oil pressure, the noise has stop, only comes up some mornings for just a second and stops on its on without me throttling the car. This only happens in the mornings, but during the day it doesn't.
I'm contemplating buying a new engine because of number 1 and 3 reasons state above. I live in uyo, akwa ibom state thanks so much

Send clear pics of the compressor installed.

Please confirm engine is 1zz or 4zz.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by alphamodel1(m): 10:54am On Jan 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Send clear pics of the compressor installed.

Please confirm engine is 1zz or 4zz.
It's 1zz sir

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
alphamodel1:

It's 1zz sir

Wrong type of compressor installed. The compressor presently in vehicle is a fixed displacement compressor, commonly found in the corrola 03-06 america/japan builds.

What your vehicle requires is the original variable displacement compressor.

It is not uncommon to find this type of work being done, but you will have to sacrifice a smooth engine run when the a.c engages. Meanwhile your engine might not be giving it's best output at the moment, so I suggest you scan and post results here, especially the timing values when engine is idle and when a.c is turned on.

You will need a new engine.

You will need a new ABS module if the old one has stopped communicating.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by alphamodel1(m): 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Wrong type of compressor installed. The compressor presently in vehicle is a fixed displacement compressor, commonly found in the corrola 03-06 america/japan builds.

It is not uncommon to find this type of work being done, but you will have to sacrifice a smooth engine run when the a.c engages. Meanwhile your engine might not be giving it's best output at the moment, so I suggest you scan and post results here, especially the timing values when engine is idle and when a.c is turned on.

Thnks so much for taking out time to reply bro. Pls how much is the engine? I believe the new engine will come with the right compressor also. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by alphamodel1(m): 4:12am On Jan 15, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Thank you so much for your candid advice and time, God bless you. Pls how much is the complete engine in Lagos? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:47am On Jan 16, 2017
alphamodel1:

Thnks so much for taking out time to reply bro. Pls how much is the engine? I believe the new engine will come with the right compressor also. Thanks

depends on what vehicle the engine was removed from. On very rare occasions yes, but very hard to come by
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ochucko: 8:18am On Feb 05, 2017
Give us a call for your different types of¹12 auto repair, we will give you free check up and quote on your car issue, and get it fixed for you, same day same service,, call us 09091202420 or you come to us at Ikate elegunshi beach road lekki,

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by croxx86: 10:49am On Feb 07, 2017
Good day,

My car is a Toyota Camry 2007 model. I discovered of recent the car doesnt accelerate beyond 80-100Km/hr. The engine shudders when i try to. My mechanic says the transmission converter and pump needs to be worked on.

Please by your own vies, is this assessment correct?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:52pm On Feb 07, 2017
croxx86:
Good day,

My car is a Toyota Camry 2007 model. I discovered of recent the car doesnt accelerate beyond 80-100Km/hr. The engine shudders when i try to. My mechanic says the transmission converter and pump needs to be worked on.

Please by your own vies, is this assessment correct?

Thanks

I honestly have no idea. Where is vehicle located?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sonibota: 8:46am On Feb 08, 2017
Gazzuzz,

Kudos bro. I have been using ABRO ATF for my power steering and it has become just steering without power. I was advised to service the steering pump and stumbled on Honda ATF and switched. Though the steering is not still as soft, I hope using the ATF for my Accord 06 power steering will not drive me into overdraft?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.