Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156047 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Iceathome(m): 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
Make una sorryoo, it maybe that I saw d highlight of d match in gabon when d gaboness were celebrating after Man U vs Westham match. Thou I wasnt happy if we had lose as defending champion in qatar. I will check d full story later

Eaglets won the match 5-0.

They led by 3-0 in the first half through captain Kelechi Nwakali who scored first goal via penalty kick and Osinachi Ebere scored a brace.Kehinde Ayinde scored twice in the second half..[/quote]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2014

'EBOLA' EAGLETS DUMP OUT GABON 5-0

Nigeria paid back Gabon for the humiliation they suffered in Libreville by thrashing them 5-0 to qualify for the African U17 Championship next year in Niger.

The Eaglets lost the first encounter 2-1 to qualify for Niger 2015 on a 6-2 aggregate.

The Eaglets, who were harassed by their Gabonese hosts in the first leg qualifier on account of the outbreak of the dreaded Ebola virus Disease, led 3-0 by the interval.

Skipper Kelechi Nwakali scored from the penalty spot and Ebere Osinachi lived up to his pre-match boast with a brace in the first half, before Kehinde Ayinde also scored a double in the second half.

The world champions will now join seven other countries including hosts Niger in the African Junior Championship in February.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com's

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:12am On Sep 28, 2014
Congrats to the young lads. They are on their way to become African heroes. An amazing result.

Congrats to Coach Emmanuel Amunike and his crew.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:58am On Sep 29, 2014
[b]How Eaglets spelled Gabon in Calabar

Nigeria's Under-17 side, Golden Eaglets, on Saturday thrashed Gabon 5-0 at the U. J Esuene Sports Stadium in Calabar in their second leg-final qualifier towards African Under-17 Championship.

The win gave the Emmanuel Amuneke-tutored side a 6-2 aggregate win and a ticket to next year's Championship to be hosted in Niger between February 15 and March 1.

Grabbed

Among the goals for Nigeria on Saturday were the duo of Ebere Osinachi and Kehinde Ayinde who scored a brace each after Captain Kelechi Nwakali had grabbed the curtain raiser through a penalty.

Nigeria started the game cautiously as the Gabonese soaked the initial pressure but it was not too long before the visitors were put in real danger when Suleiman Abdullahi sprinted and waltzed through the right wing.

He pushed the ball to the path of Kingsley Michael only to be brought down in the box by Gabonese goalkeeper Noubi Fotso in the box.

Resultant

Captain Kelechi Nwakali scored the resultant penalty kick as he sent Fotso the other way for Nigeria's first goal in the 19th minute.

Eleven minutes later, the second goal came through the right flank yet again when Samuel Chukwueze's pull out found Ebere Osinachi who wasted no time before pushing the ball into the net.

On the other end, Golden Eaglets' goalkeeper, Akpan Udoh stopped the visitors' first real chance as he cuddled Presley Babini Bouyi goal-bound pull out from the right flank in the 37th minute.

Combination

But five minutes after, it was a combination between Chukwueze and Osinachi that resulted int the third goal when the latter took a solo run after a pass from the former before shooting an angular shot beyond Fotso yet again as the Golden Eaglets ended the first half on that positive note.

The Golden Eaglets continued their domination at the restart but were lucky not to have conceded a goal in the 50th minute when Banini Bouyi's incisive shot hit the post with Akpan rooted to the spot.

Chukwueze could have capped his fine performance with a goal in the 80th minute but he shot straight over the bar after waltzing his way into the Gabonese post.

But Kehinde Ayinde, who came in for injured Michael, grabbed Nigeria's fourth goal and fifth goal in the 78th minute and 90th minute to the delight of everyone at the U.J Esuene Stadium.

Golden Eaglets vs Gabon: A.Udoh - A. Muhammed; B. Ayodeji (H.Lukman 60th); D.Uzama; A.Usman - J. Ipalibo; K. Nwakali; K.Michael (K.Ayinde 22nd); S. Abdullahi - S.Chukwueze (P.Orji 86th ); E.Osinachi

Courtesy 'futaa.com'[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
[b]Eaglets: Gabonese coach bows

An official of the Gabonese U-17 side, Owono Essono, has admitted that they lost to superior side after the Golden Eaglets overturned the 2-1 first leg scoreline, to seal the qualification for Niger 2015 via a 5-0 win on Saturday.

- It was a very good game but we actually came here with the mind to play well. Our team is young and it was difficult for them to play here because it was difficult to play against Nigeria here, he explained.

Classification

- Nigeria is one of the best teams in Africa and I want to say that we lost to a good team.

- I want to wish Nigeria luck at the classification matches in Niger because we know Nigeria is in the best position to go to the African Cup and Good luck to Nigeria,he stated.

Torrid

The Eaglets lost in Libreville after a torrid journey which saw the team travel by raod to Benin Republic before boarding a flight to Libreville. The team was later ejected from the flight, dropped off at Lome, Togo, before eventually arriving Libreville 24 hours before the game.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com'
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
[b]NIGER 2015: Amuneke happy over Eaglets' qualification

Golden Eaglets' coach Emmanuel Amuneke has nothing but huge praises for his fledging side in a post match analysis after his side's thrilling 5-0 whitewash of boastful Gabon at the U.J Esuene Stadium in Calabar at the weekend.

Amuneke expressed satisfaction after the Golden Eaglets who had suffered a humiliating 2-1 defeat amidst claims of biased officiating under an unfriendly sporting environment in Libreville, ran riot against the visitors in Calabar.

Inevitable

Comparisons between the current Golden Eaglets and their 2013 FIFA World Cup-winning predecessors is inevitable but the 1994 African Footballer of the Year has awarded pass marks to his wards.

- Frankly, It is an important moment for us today because there had been a lot of tension in the air, he said.

- Being the defending champions and losing 2-1 to Gabon (in Libreville), a lot of people lost faith but we thank God that we were able to take our chances
against them today.

Chances

- I told the boys that we should take the game to them and that was exactly what we did. And we have to thank God for making it possible for us to take those chances we created, he said.

- I'm happy for the boys and grateful to Nigerians for the confidence they reposed in us and all what we have to do is continue to work and have the confidence to progress.

He was also full of praise for striker Ebere Osinachi who grabbed a brace despite making the starting line up for the first time, as he perfectly filled the void created by the absence of top marksman, Victor Osihmen who got a controversial red card in Libreville.

Courtesy 'futaa.com'
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by allthingsfitnez(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
ALLTHINGSFITNEZ GYM & WEIGHT-LOSS CENTRE
Are you tired of your bulging tummy, flat hips or overweight body? Do you want to build your biceps, triceps, abs (6packs), etc?
Here’s introducing ATF Gym and Weight-loss Centre – where results are guaranteed.
With a proven track record of delivering results (see our testimonials), Kaycee Nma is inviting you to have one free session of his training at our Gym, located at, No. 9, Asajon Street, Between Safeway Hospital & Mr. Biggs, Opposite Nero Waters, Sangotedo-Ajah, Lekki, Lagos.
Come, learn body-weight exercises you can do at home without equipment and still achieve a trimmed tummy, enhanced hips, weight loss, 6-pack abs, etc.
The training style here is unique and you have a money-back guarantee of undisputable results.
Call in between 7am - 8pm, Mon - Sat. for enquiries and book a free session with Kaycee.
Call 08164297612 or 08122713994 for further details and subscription. we also run online fitness training programs. So wherever u are, u can achieve ur fitness goals through our online training programs without physical contact.
See Kaycee’s instagram page: @meantrainer, for some videos of our training sessions.
Follow us on twitter: @meantrainer, @allthingsfitnez.
See our website: www.allthingsfitnez.com
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
[b] Nigeria: Handling Eaglets Has Been Challenging Amuneke

Coach of Nigeria's Golden Eaglets, Emmanuel Amuneke has said that while he is being in charge of the national team has been challenging but proud of his boys' achievements in qualifying for next year's African Junior Championship in Niger.

The 1994 African Footballer of the Year in an interview with CAF's media unit added that he has his eyes set on the African prize in Niamey come February, adding it is not going to be easy because all the other competing teams are very good.

"The qualification means so much to me for obvious reasons. I was an assistant the last time the team qualified for the African U-17 championship and now as the defending world champions, I have been given the responsibility of handling the team. It has never been easy, coupled with the administrative problems the federation is having.

But it is great that we have been able to do this despite the pressure. This team is not the same like last year's but we are looking to Niger with good possibility. It was a good moment for me that we qualified with the way we did because there were some doubts after we lost 2-1 in Libreville but I'm so glad about the response of the boys in the second leg and we won 5-0," the former Barcelona player said.

The former Nigeria international who scored his country's winning goal against Zambia at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia will be hoping to go one better this time around after what happened the last time when the team then under Coach Manu Garba with Amuneke as an assistant, finished runner-up at the continental championship in Morocco on their way to winning a record fourth FIFA U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

The qualified teams for the Championship billed for February 15 to March 1 are Niger, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Zambia, Ivory Coast, Nigeria and South Africa.

Courtesy 'DailyTrust'
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
Chelsea debut excites Nigerian starlet Solanke

Nigeria-born teenager Dominic Solanke was delighted to make his first-team debut for Chelsea at a bigger stage when he was thrown into the fray against Maribor in the Champions League.

At age 17, the midfielder lasted for 18 minutes. He was first named in the first team last weekend against Crystal Palace where he was an unused substitute.

"Wow. What a moment. Making my debut for Chelsea in the champions league! Thank you so much for all the messages and support! #CFC," Dominic Solanke tweeted.

He may now make his English Premier League debut against Manchester United on Sunday.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by jobsat34(m): 10:52am On Oct 23, 2014
joseph1013:

Nigeria-born teenager Dominic Solanke was delighted to make his first-team debut for Chelsea at a bigger stage when he was thrown into the fray against Maribor in the Champions League.

At age 17, the midfielder lasted for 18 minutes. He was first named in the first team last weekend against Crystal Palace where he was an unused substitute.

"Wow. What a moment. Making my debut for Chelsea in the champions league! Thank you so much for all the messages and support! #CFC," Dominic Solanke tweeted.

He may now make his English Premier League debut against Manchester United on Sunday.

and what stop our FA in making a swift approach to tie him down for naija now
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2014
joseph1013:

Since he is already 17, it means he will be 18 next Yr. He is an U20 material.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2014
Icon4s:

Since he is already 17, it means he will be 18 next Yr. He is an U20 material.

He plays for England u18.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:13am On Oct 23, 2014
tbaba1234:

He plays for England u18.
Ok. NFF can still lure him to d Flying Eagles.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
[b]Mourinho Delighted With Solanke's Chelsea Debut

There might be light at the end of the tunnel for Nigerian-born striker Dominic Solanke, as Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has expressed satisfaction with his contribution in the 6-0 thrashing of Maribor on Tuesday.

Solanke, 17, made his UEFA Champions League debut when he came on as a 73rd minute substitute for Brazilian star Oscar.

“Solanke is at a level where we know he has the talent but he’s far away. For him it was a perfect situation; the legs were tired even before he came on, the heartbeat was there before the first run but it’s a night he will never forget,” the Special One said.

“For sure, he’s going to play many Champions League matches because he will be a good player.”

In September, the teenager inked a professional contract rumoured to be five years with the Stamford Bridge outfit.

Last season, he was top scorer for the Chelsea Under-21 side, helping them lift the youth FA cup, as well as a good run in the UEFA Youth Champions League.

Courtesy 'sl10.ng'[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2014
[b][size=16pt]CAF U17: Ghana protest disqualification[/size]

The Ghana Football Association have filed an appeal with the CAF Appeals Committee, following their dissatisfaction with the decision of the CAF U-17 Organising Committee to disqualify Black Starlets.

The Ghana Football Association confirms receipt of a letter from CAF disqualifying the National U-17 team, the Black Starlets from the U-17 Championship to be played in Niger in 2015 after upholding the opinion of its Medical Committee on the eligibility of one of the players.

Adverse

This followed a protest filed by Cameroon against seven (7) players of the Ghana U-17 national team on September 13th 2014 after the 1st leg match of the 3rd round of the U-17 Championship qualifiers which Ghana won 2-1. Out of the seven (7) players, the CAF Medical Committee made adverse findings against two players.

CAF subsequently requested a retest of the two players using the F-Marc procedure for age determination which was done in Ghana on 1st October, in the presence of a CAF Medical Committee member.

Analysis

CAF wrote to the GFA on Saturday claiming the analysis of the MRI report from a Medical Centre in Ghana contradicts the analysis of two CAF medical experts on the eligibility of one of the players.

However, the Radiologist Consultant who carried out both the initial MRI tests and rescanning confirmed that the said player was within the age limit.

Courtesy 'futaa.com'[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
[b]
[size=16pt]Man City & West Brom Join Race For Onaiwu[/size]

West Brom and Manchester City have joined the race to sign former Crystal Palace goalkeeper Edward Onaiwu, according to the player's England-based agent, George Williams.

The 14-year-old was recently scouted by Manchester United's top talent spotter Tom Critchley, and he has been training with Reading for the past few weeks.

Before the 6ft 1 inch shot-stopper started practicing with The Royals, he tried his luck at Newcastle United while Liverpool are also believed to be monitoring his situation.

“Reading have yet to decide whether or not to offer Edward anything so we are waiting for their decision on that,” George Williams, Director of New Breed Sports Management, told SL10.ng.

“He will train with West Brom this week and could also possibly go up to Manchester City this week. It's just a matter of waiting for the right opportunity to present itself.”

Edward Onaiwu is currently a free agent after severing ties with Crystal Palace this summer.

Courtesy 'sl10.ng'[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
[b]
[size=16pt]Obasi Aiming To Strike A Deal With Bastia[/size]

Nigeria youth international Chigozie Obasi is hopeful that he can close a deal with SC Bastia before the end of this week, after training with the Ligue 1 club for about two weeks.

And the 16-year-old has every reason to be positive after impressing the coaching staff of the Corsican outfit during the trial matches so far, according to the player and his minders.

''I have been at Bastia for two weeks now, the club is very good for me. Everything here is perfect, I am well taken care of. They have provided me with an apartment and take care of my feeding,'' Obasi told SL10.ng.

''The coach likes me because I can play in defense and midfield. I'm doing good and I thank God for everything.''

There is a likelihood that the defensive midfielder could return to Deportivo de La Coruña if he does not sign on the dotted line for Bastia.

''Any of the two clubs is good for me. Before I left La Coruna, I played six matches for their youth team during pre-season training.

''This week, I will know if I'm signing for Bastia or returning to La Coruna, '' he added.

Nigeria Under 20 internationals Musa Mohammed, Samuel Okon and Anthony Omaka had earlier trialed with Bastia, but the trio are yet to receive positive feedback from the Blues hierarchy.

Courtesy 'sl10.ng'[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
[b]
[size=16pt]Leyton Orient Starlet Chooses Nigeria Over England[/size]

Leyton Orient attacking midfielder Michael Phillip-Ogbuogu has pledged his international future to Nigeria despite being eligible to represent his country of birth, England.

The teenager has stated that he chose to wear the green and white colours of Nigeria because the country's youth teams have pedigree in age-grade competitions, and competition for places in the Young Lions squad is tougher.

''I would love to represent Nigeria because they always win cups. Their Under 17 team is playing at a high level, they give everybody a chance during trials.

''But in England everybody is at a high level, it will be hard to make it into the England squad,'' Michael Phillip-Ogbuogu said to SL10.ng.

Born in London 15 years ago to parents who are both Nigerians, Michael Phillip-Ogbuogu has cited Manchester United super star Robin Van Persie and Nigeria international Victor Moses as his role models.

''I am fast, strong and very aggressive. My role model is Robin Van Persie, every time I watch him play I try to duplicate his moves.

''In the Nigeria national team, I admire Victor Moses. He is a very strong player in the wing, excellent pace and very skillful.

''When he's one on one, he is very aggressive as well,'' he added.

Michael Phillip-Ogbuogu began his career at Millwall before he was acquired by Fulham.

He has been turning out for Leyton Orient youth team for the past two years.

Courtesy 'sl10.ng'[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
^^ ok na make dem invite Ogbuogu to The Eaglets team na.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Nigeria is beginning to get it right at youth level.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:13am On Nov 03, 2014
[b]
[size=16pt]Birmingham City Young Star Chooses Nigeria Over England[/size]

Birmingham City starlet Nicholas Okoro has committed his international future to Nigeria, and his doting mother has backed him all the way.

The attacker is also eligible to represent England, having been born in Birmingham 13 years ago, but he has stated that his late dad would have been proud of him wearing the Nigeria colours.

''My dad (Ejikeme Fabian Okoro, ed) loved his country, Nigeria, where he was born. He represented a team called Enugu Rangers, and when he came here, he wanted the same for his children,'' Nicholas Okoro told SL10.ng.

''He never saw me get the chance to play for Nigeria but if I do, I know I am doing him proud.''

The former West Brom Academy player has highlighted his qualities, saying that he would be a good asset to Nigeria's Under 15 national team.

''I think I am a technically gifted player, I can handle playing with older boys. Also I think I can help in midfield.

''My stamina is impressive and in addition I can play in the number 10 role, and have a huge impact on the game,''the Birmingham City number nine said.

Patricia Ngozi Okoro, his mother, added : ''Nicholas spoke to me about it. I give my entire consent to him playing for Nigeria. Nigeria is where we come from as far as I'm concerned. He is British but at the end of the day, he has Nigerian roots.''

Nicholas Okoro joined Birmingham City from West Brom Development squad two years ago, and represents their Under 15 team.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Mustack: 9:22am On Nov 03, 2014
nice commitment by the young lads
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by fctguy: 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
thanks joseph1013 for these info.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
fctguy:
thanks joseph1013 for these info.

Much thanks to you guys for not just reading but also commenting. It gets boring sometimes when you see you're the only one doing the posting.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
[b]
[size=16pt]Udoh Tipped For Juventus Breakthrough[/size]

Juventus Under-19 team are currently topping the Italian Primavera league thanks to the goal scoring form King Udoh.

Udoh is a 17-year-old forward of Nigerian parentage who has so far scored five goals in the tournament meant for reserve teams of professional clubs in Italy.

In their last game against Capri, he was relied upon again to produce the goals as he scored once to help them beat Capri 3-1.

Highly regarded within the youth system of the Serie A champions, Udoh has also been a revelation in the UEFA youth champions league where he presently have a goal to his name.

Patrick Gboyega Adewole, an expert on Nigeria youth players abroad, in a chat with SL10.ng said Udoh is among the top five rated youngsters in Italy's Primavera league.

“He is highly rated, without sentiment I say he is among the top five kids in the primavera league,” he said.

However, he refused to be drawn into the debate if Udoh will represent Nigeria or play for Italy like his senior Juventus compatriot Angelo Ogbonna.

“We talking two different issues here but if Nigeria can move fast to establish contact with Udoh then it will forestall a re occurrence of the Angelo issue but honestly I don't know where his allegiance is,” he concluded.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
[b]
[size=16pt]English Clubs Interested In Nigerian Youngster[/size]

SL10.ng understands that a number of English clubs not limited to Birmingham City, Leyton Orient and Charlton Athletic are mulling over a move for Anglo-Nigerian Tobi Coker.

The future of the 16-year -old midfielder remains unresolved following his departure from Millwall this summer.

Now a free agent, he has been maintaining his fitness by training with the first team of Isthmian League side Dulwich Hamlet F.C, ahead of a potential move.

“There are quite a few teams that I could go to, however I do not want to leave Millwall and go to a place worse for me, in terms of football,” Coker told SL10.ng.

“I have had trial offers from Birmingham, Leyton, Charlton and my agent has been in contact with Hull City as regards what they are willing to do.”

“I am a technical player, with the ability to find great passes and do special things. I actually gain more joy in assisting than goal scoring.

“However, I have developed a knack of scoring recently.”

Representatives of Fulham and Cardiff City are also believed to be in contact with Tobi Coker's camp, and both Championship clubs could invite him for trials in the near future.

Coker, who has cited Cesc Fabregas and David Silva as his role models, previously practiced with Chelsea, Arsenal, Charlton and Brentford, but did not receive positive feedback from the teams after tests.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
[b]
[size=16pt]Barcelona Starlet Yet To Be Approached By Nigeria[/size]

[img]http://sugarsport.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/BOBBY-ADEKANYE-WITH-MESSI-402x300.jpg[/img]

Barcelona super kid Bobby Adekanye has exclusively informed SL10.ng that he has never been contacted by the Nigeria Football Federation to represent any of the national teams.

Regarded as one of the top talents in the world, the 15-year-old is also eligible to represent Holland.

But he has dropped a strong hint that he would chose Nigeria over the European powerhouse if he's approached by the NFF.

Earlier this year, coach Emmanuel Amuneke challenged the youngster to come to the Golden Eaglets camp to prove his mettle, without formally inviting him to the screening exercise held in Abuja.

''I was born in Nigeria and I love Nigeria. My father always tells me Nigeria is our home. We are all coming home next year by the power of God because we still have family there,'' Bobby Adekanye said to SL10.ng.

''About the Golden Eaglets coach, Emmanuel Amuneke never made contact with me, my father or my club, FC Barcelona. He only said it in the newspapers.''

The winger's father, Ademola Adekanye added : ''For me, I don't have a problem with the country. We all love Great Nigeria but you never know the future if he will have a chance there. He was born in Nigeria and has Dutch citizenship. ''

Bobby Adekanye, who has been touted as the next Lionel Messi, appeared for the youth teams of VV Alphia and Ajax Amsterdam before he was snapped up by Barcelona three years ago.

The highly rated starlet trained with PSV Eindhoven this summer.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
[size=14pt][AMAZING] Video Skills Of Nigeria’s Messi, Bobby Adekanye. Reason Why Barca Got Banned![/size]

He was born Feb. 14th 1999 and first played for the Ajax youth team in the Netherlands. Here are some video clips displaying his tremendous skills revealing why Barcelona had to break the rules to get him on board. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dPNC7_-hrWU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Mustack: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
nice update man.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
Bobby Adekanye should come for trials, at U17 level, no one should be waiting for an invite unless his talent is on messi's level.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
tbaba1234:
Bobby Adekanye should come for trials, at U17 level, no one should be waiting for an invite unless his talent is on messi's level.
The reason why Alaba of Bayern does not play for Nigeria is, he was not accepted by Coach Yemi Tella because he was foreign based.

He was told Nigeria does not accept foreign based U17 players. So I do not think this boy will be called up.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by jobsat34(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2014
joseph1013:

Much thanks to you guys for not just reading but also commenting. It gets boring sometimes when you see you're the only one doing the posting.

in all honesty, i tot yu wud love it that way (read only).. Someone once suggested that d thread shud be moved to FP but i told him, its better this way cos sm of us prefer reading d update with less needless comment...

Now that i knw yu wud appreciate meaningful contribution, i will be dolin my penny henceforth..

Nice one bro...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.