Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) (5155 Views)

Many Christians Converted To Islam After Ex- Christian Lecture / The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. / Ex-christian Wants To Know The Differences Between Agnosticism And Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by TheBigUrban2: 5:35am On Jul 02, 2014
vedaxcool: grin lmaos seems appropriate support people living with e-pain.

more evidence please grin
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by vedaxcool(m): 5:41am On Jul 02, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

keep bringing more evidence. grin grin grin

One of us is fooling himself. We will see in the future
when are going to see a doctor to sort out ur e-pain condition, please store all of this in your heart, we know that is why u have aeps (acute e-pain syndrome),while u store it and live in its pain everyday, I on the other have no e-pain congestion to deal just a free heart filled with no aches or e-pains grin

2 Likes

Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by TheBigUrban2: 5:48am On Jul 02, 2014
vedaxcool: when are going to see a doctor to sort out ur e-pain condition, please store all of this in your heart, we know that is why u have aeps (acute e-pain syndrome),while u store it and live in its pain everyday, I on the other have no e-pain congestion to deal just a free heart filled with no aches or e-pains grin

grin grin grin
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by tintingz(m): 6:41am On Jul 02, 2014
vedaxcool: when are going to see a doctor to sort out ur e-pain condition, please store all of this in your heart, we know that is why u have aeps (acute e-pain syndrome),while u store it and live in its pain everyday, I on the other have no e-pain congestion to deal just a free heart filled with no aches or e-pains grin
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by TheBigUrban2: 7:08am On Jul 02, 2014
tintingz: grin cheesy

The.Big.Urban:

grin grin
Remember how you shut up when your comments were provided as evidence when muslims were claiming that they do not go to the religion section to insult christians and atheists?
Keep providing more evidence that you're an e-terrorist.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rexyl(m): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2014
true2god: Can you see the fascist orientation your allah is giving the followers of mohammed, to have a firm of hearth against anyone that doesnt believe in mohammed and be compassionate to themselves? Compare it with Jesus' own word in matthew 5:44, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you.

Can you see the difference? Mohammed is a self acclaimed fake and fascist prophet who crave respect and recognition and allah is not a true God.

uhmnnnnnnnn...............

whao!

the eyes of God are following o o o . He will reward all ... those killing and those saving lives.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rexyl(m): 8:22am On Jul 02, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Sire grin grin i tire for them ooo.

they are scared of my questions ooo

especially rexy and this true2god of thang grin grin grin

scared or what? That you should show me where in the Bible Mohammed was confirmed a prophet which Christian can't agree with if such is not what the bible describes as unrighteous deception... 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10. May be this is the place that makes u so scared.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 10:34am On Jul 02, 2014
Rexyl:

scared or what? That you should show me where in the Bible Mohammed was confirmed a prophet which Christian can't agree with if such is not what the bible describes as unrighteous deception... 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10. May be this is the place that makes u so scared.

Yea..you just give the green light...
Have got eight (cool questions but i'll throw three, if you answer them to my satisfaction then i'll throw the remaining..

here we go
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 10:35am On Jul 02, 2014
QUESTION 1

Lets see how far u can go here;

Matthew 17:11-13. Elias truely shall first come and restore all things. But I say unto you that Elias is come already and they knew him not.
But have done unto him whatsoever they listed likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
Then the disciples understood that He spake unto them of John the Baptist.

John 1:21. And they asked him (i.e John the Baptist), What then? Art thou Elias, and he saith, I am not (Alias)

Kindly explain what happened in the suppose transfiguration of Elias that either John the Baptist or Jesus Christ didn't know.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 10:40am On Jul 02, 2014
QUESTION 2
Deuteronomy 18:18: "I will
raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee (Moses), and will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

Who is the prophet like unto moses?
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 10:58am On Jul 02, 2014
QUESTION THREE
The Jews are still expecting the fulfillment of the prophecy of "unto like Moses." When Jesus said that he is the Messiah of the Jews, they began to inquire about Elias and the prophet.The Jews had a parallel prophecy that before the coming of the Messiah, Elias must come first in his second coming. Jesus confirms this Jewish belief:
Matthew 17:11-13 "...Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, that Elias is come already, and they knew him not, then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."

The Jews did not believe Jesus about Elias, so they sent priests and Levites to John the Baptist to ask who he really was:
John 1:20-21 "And he (John the Baptist) confessed and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, what then, Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No."
Jesus said that Elias came, and it was understood that he was John the Baptist. But John the Baptist denied that.

Who is Elias?
The Jews were waiting for the fulfillment of three
distinct prophecies:
1. The coming of Christ. (We agree that christ is Jesus)

2. The coming of Elias.
3. The coming of that prophet .

And the crucial question here is "Art thou that prophet?"
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 11:07am On Jul 02, 2014
QUESTION 4

The vision of Isaiah of the two riders was as follows, in
Isaiah 21:7

"And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels."

Who was the rider upon an ass? Every Sunday school student will know him. That was Jesus, as in John 12:14:

"And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat upon it, as it is written."

Who, then, is the promised rider on a camel?
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rexyl(m): 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rilwayne001: QUESTION 1

Lets see how far u can go here;

Matthew 17:11-13. Elias truely shall first come and restore all things. But I say unto you that Elias is come already and they knew him not.
But have done unto him whatsoever they listed likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
Then the disciples understood that He spake unto them of John the Baptist.

John 1:21. And they asked him (i.e John the Baptist), What then? Art thou Elias, and he saith, I am not (Alias)

Kindly explain what happened in the suppose transfiguration of Elias that either John the Baptist or Jesus Christ didn't know.

The one sent to notify people concerning the coming of the SAVIOR. The one whose message is to call people to repentance and to prepare the way of the Lord. ---- the one that testified to the supremacy and divinity of Christ.-----

J
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rexyl(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rilwayne001: QUESTION 2
raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee (Moses), and will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

Many are the prophets in the Bible that God raised to the status of Moses and even above ... in leadership... prophecy and fulfillment of prophecies among whom Mohammed has no place or relationship...

After Moses were Joshua, David, Elisah, Elijah, Daniel, Ezeikiel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Micah, Nahum, Zachariah and many others who were not in the status of Mohammed - whose coming and work wasn't implied at all in the Bible.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rexyl(m): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rilwayne001: QUESTION THREE
The Jews are still expecting the fulfillment of the prophecy of "unto like Moses." When Jesus said that he is the Messiah of the Jews, they began to inquire about Elias and the prophet.The Jews had a parallel prophecy that before the coming of the Messiah, Elias must come first in his second coming. Jesus confirms this Jewish belief:
Matthew 17:11-13 "...Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, that Elias is come already, and they knew him not, then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."

The Jews did not believe Jesus about Elias, so they sent priests and Levites to John the Baptist to ask who he really was:
John 1:20-21 "And he (John the Baptist) confessed and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, what then, Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No."
Jesus said that Elias came, and it was understood that he was John the Baptist. But John the Baptist denied that.

Who is Elias?
The Jews were waiting for the fulfillment of three
distinct prophecies:
1. The coming of Christ. (We agree that christ is Jesus)

2. The coming of Elias.
3. The coming of that prophet .

And the crucial question here is "Art thou that prophet?"

will you think for God or act on His behalf? It pleases Him to use the foolish thing to confound the wise... because of hardness of hearts and disregard for God He had left some people to struggle with confusion for life. Whether Elias has come or not God has intervened and prevailed with His New Covenant for the world... Christ‘s coming and the New Testament is the final and nothing else except deception. Whatever Christ says is the final. If he had said Elias had come ... that is the final o
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
@ rexyl please address question 4 too
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Mintayo(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
Lol. Didnt i say it? The same old questions. The same old fabrication. The same old misinterpretation.
@Rexyl,nice job. I like your answer,short and direct.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rexyl(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rilwayne001: QUESTION 4

The vision of Isaiah of the two riders was as follows, in
Isaiah 21:7

"And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels."

Who was the rider upon an ass? Every Sunday school student will know him. That was Jesus, as in John 12:14:

"And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat upon it, as it is written."

Who, then, is the promised rider on a camel?

That the world of... is doom indeed if the prophecy of Isaiah 21 is for Mohamed...

There is no hope there for the world

May be someone could interpret these better ... things that are for Mohammed as you claim

Isaiah 21:3 Therefore are my loins filled with pain: pangs have taken hold upon me, as the pangs of a woman that travaileth: I was bowed down at the hearing of it; I was dismayed at the seeing of it.

Isaiah 21:4 My heart panted, fearfulness affrighted me: the night of my pleasure hath he turned into fear unto me.

Isaiah 21:15 For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war.

are you referring to him as the burden of the desert?

from

Isaiah 21:1 The burden of the desert of the sea. As whirlwinds in the south pass through; so it cometh from the desert, from a terrible land.

John 12:14 has no relationship with any claim for Mohammed.

Thanks. Lets meet to rub minds again. We are all learning. Seun of NL self is learning...
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rexyl:

The one sent to notify people concerning the coming of the SAVIOR. The one whose message is to call people to repentance and to prepare the way of the Lord. ---- the one that testified to the supremacy and divinity of Christ.-----
J

What are you saying?

Jesus said
Matthew 17:11-13. Elias truely shall first come and l restore all things. But I say unto you that Elias is come already and they knew him not. But have done unto him whatsoever they listed likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

And i ask who is Elias that Jesus talked about here^^^

and you started blabbing undecided

Abegg tell me who Elias his, and where is he??
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Weah96: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

keep bringing more evidence. grin grin grin

One of us is fooling himself. We will see in the future

Why do you continue to debate a demonstrable liar? It's one thing to argue with a theist, but this one is babyish and acts like a small stubborn child. At some point, a line has to be drawn. Just my two cents.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 6:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rexyl:
will you think for God or act on His behalf? It pleases Him to use the foolish thing to confound the wise... because of hardness of hearts and disregard for God He had left some people to struggle with confusion for life. Whether Elias has come or not God has intervened and prevailed with His New Covenant for the world... Christ‘s coming and the New Testament is the final and nothing else except deception. Whatever Christ says is the final. If he had said Elias had come ... that is the final o

lol...you are the the confused person here....

According to John 1:20-21 "And he (John the Baptist) confessed and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, what then, Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not.Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No."

here^^

The Jews were waiting for the fulfillment of three distinct prophecies:

1. The coming of Christ. (And we know jesus to be the Christ)

2. The coming of Elias. - Who is elias and when is he?

3. The coming of that prophet .- And who is the prophet they for in the fulfilment of thie prophecy?
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rexyl:

Many are the prophets in the Bible that God raised to the status of Moses and even above ... in leadership... prophecy and fulfillment of prophecies among whom Mohammed has no place or relationship...

After Moses were Joshua, David, Elisah, Elijah, Daniel, Ezeikiel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Micah, Nahum, Zachariah and many others who were not in the status of Mohammed - whose coming and work wasn't implied at all in the Bible.

So which one of these people is moses talking about

Dont 4get they are still waiting for the prophet according to this verse
john1:20-21... And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet?

Who is the prophet in talk mr. rexyl?
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rexyl:

That the world of... is doom indeed if the prophecy of Isaiah 21 is for Mohamed...

There is no hope there for the world

May be someone could interpret these better ... things that are for Mohammed as you claim
The question is very simple mr.rexyl. the prophesy was about 2 person. one riding on an asse and the other riding on camel.
And we all knew jesus rode on an asse. and i ask who is the other person prophesyed to ride on camel? very simple question

Rexyl: Isaiah 21:3 Therefore are my loins filled with pain: pangs have taken hold upon me, as the pangs of a woman that travaileth: I was bowed down at the hearing of it; I was dismayed at the seeing of it.

Isaiah 21:4 My heart panted, fearfulness affrighted me: the night of my pleasure hath he turned into fear unto me.
This doesnt relate with the prophesy of those in sighted on asse and on camel.

Rexyl: Isaiah 21:15 For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war.
Lets start from chapter 21:13: "The burden upon Arabia." Which means the responsibility of the Arab Muslims, and of course now of all the Muslims, to spread the message of Islam.
Isaiah 21:14: "The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they prevented with their bread him that fled." Tema is probably Madinah where the prophet Muhammad and his companions fled. Each immigrant was brothered by one inhabitant of Madinah and was given food and shelter.
Isaiah 21:15: "For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of the war." This was when the prophet Muhammad and his companions were persecuted and left Mecca to Madinah.
Isaiah 21:16: "For thus hath the Lord said unto me, within a year according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail." Exactly in the second year of immigration,the pagans were defeated in the first battle in Islam.
Finally Isaiah 21:17 concludes with: "...the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished, for the Lord God of Israel hath spoken it." Kedar is the second son of Ismael,(Genesis 25:13), from whom ultimately Muhammad came. In the beginning, the children of Kedar were attacking Islam and Muhammad. But as many of them accepted Islam, the number of the children of Kedar who resisted Islam was diminished. In some verses in the Bible, Kedar is synonymous with Arab in general, as in Ezekiel 27:21: "Arabia, and all the Princes of Kedar..."

Rexyl: are you referring to him as the burden of the desert?

from

Isaiah 21:1 The burden of the desert of the sea. As whirlwinds in the south pass through; so it cometh from the desert, from a terrible land.

John 12:14 has no relationship with any claim for Mohammed.

Thanks. Lets meet to rub minds again. We are all learning. Seun of NL self is learning...
Can you quote that john 12:14 0please
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rexyl(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
Isaiah prophecies about Jesus cut across majority of his messages. They are very clear and not absurd as the one you are trying to make for him.

prophecies of Isaiah concerning Jesus are numerous and very clear. A - Z of those prophecies are openly coded in Isaiah 9

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Everything about his birth, life and death are also coded in the prophecy of Isaiah 53
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by proo212(m): 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sorry Rilwayne, I need to take you back to this statement that you quoted

Within the multitude of religions that exist in the world today are three which consider themselves to be monotheistic--that is, faiths in which belief is centered around the One God.

A closer look, at two of these religions--Judaism and Islam- will show this to be true: both Jews and Muslims worship One God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.

The other religion, that of Christianity, presents a problem,however, when it comes to the definition of monotheism as opposed to what Christianity stands for. Instead of making God the center of their faith, the Christians have turned their focus on Jesus, who is known to them as "Jesus Christ", or "Jesus the Anointed One". To the Jews, Jesus was "a nice Jewish boy"; to the Muslims, Jesus was a human prophet; one of God's Chosen Messengers. To the Christians, however, Jesus is much!!! more.

Christianity is focused on Jesus Christ. The religion takes its name from Jesus Christ. All Christian doctrines are centered around Jesus Christ. Major Christian holidays mark events in the life of Jesus Christ. The symbol of the Christian faith, a cross, is indicative of Jesus Christ. Prayers of the Christians are addressed to Jesus Christ, as they consider God Himself to be unapproachable by a mere man.

According to Christian author Fritz Ridenour, "the key to Christianity is that Jesus Christ really is the reason for it all and that he is holding it all together."[1]

Many Christians today are unable to comprehend the existence of God without Jesus Christ standing there in the foreground for them. Mr. Ridenour says that Christianity is " .. a relationship with a person, Jesus Christ"[2], and all too many Christians are in this position: they know God in no other way but through Jesus Christ.

The Christians say they worship God, but Jesus is also right there in the picture. As they see him-- in addition to God--as being divine, Christianity is a religion with TWO gods, not one;and a religion with more than one God is not monotheistic.How did this situation come to be? How did the religion of Christianity turn a human prophet from God into a god himself?

At the highlighted, If this "christian author" is a christian, then i'm an atheist grin

At the same time "many muslims today are unable to comprehend the existence of God without Muhammad standing there in the foreground for them. I say that Islam is " .. a relationship with a Allah, through "Muhammad", and nearly all muslims are in this position: they know God in no other way but through Muhammad. The ones that say there is another prophet after Muhammad are called heretics and shunned and killed for this reason

The Muslims say they worship God, but Muhammad is also right there in the picture. As they see him-- in addition to God--as being divine, Islam claims to be a religion with One god, but if you insult the prophet, Oh boy, carnage. If Allah is insulted, not so much carnage. How did this situation come to be? How did the religion of Islam turn a human prophet supposedly from God (who God never spoke to directly by the way but only through an angel) into the best example of conduct and emulation?

Cue the Shahada

3 Likes

Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by proo212(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mintayo: Lol. Didnt i say it? The same old questions. The same old fabrication. The same old misinterpretation.
@Rexyl,nice job. I like your answer,short and direct.

@Mintayo, I understand your frustration, but there are other muslims who are on the fence looking for that word that would swing them over to the Kingdom of truth. Never tire. Keep fighting the good fight of faith.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rexyl(m): 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2014
the network is poor and battery is flat... till tomorrow. Lets continue with the struggle until we could be close to perfection or ... that is the only option. Paul himself with all he did stated he was striving continuously to arrive. Arrive at what? Christ‘s example of perfection. May God help us.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by proo212(m): 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2014
QUESTION 2

You've seen this answer before countless number of times, but we'll keep posting it and very soon you will see the light of the word of God. Muslims will be upset if you misinterpret their scripture or misquote it.

This scripture asks so many questions of your prophet and he is not able to answer anyone of them

15 “The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear, 16 according to all you desired of the Lord your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, nor let me see this great fire anymore, lest I die.’

17 “And the Lord said to me: ‘What they have spoken is good. 18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. 19 And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him. 20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’ 21 And if you say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?’— 22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

For context
Deut 17:15. There has never been any King over Israel from a tribe or place not among their "brethren"
5 you shall surely set a king over you whom the Lord your God chooses; one from among your brethren you shall set as king over you; you may not set a foreigner over you, who is not your brother.

Lastly, what was so special about Moses that the coming prophet had to be "that" prophet like unto Moses

Deut 34:10
10 But since then there has not arisen in Israel a prophet like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face, 11 in all the signs and wonders which the Lord sent him to do in the land of Egypt, before Pharaoh, before all his servants, and in all his land, 12 and by all that mighty power and all the great terror which Moses performed in the sight of all Israel.

Like I said before, so many questions in these verses

Did God or in this case Allah ever speak directly to Muhammad? No
Can you honestly say that the children of Israel are going to be judged by the words spoken to Muhammad through an angel? They will not
Did Muhammad speak a word that was not spoken to him by God? Yes
Did Muhammed know God face to face and converse with God? No
Did Muhammad perform with signs and wonders? No
Did God show his mighty power through Muhammad? No

Did God ever speak directly to Jesus Christ? Yes
Can you honestly say that the children of Israel are going to be judged by the words spoken by Jesus Christ? Yes they will
Did Jesus speak a word that was not spoken to him by God? No
Did Jesus know God face to face and converse with God? Yes
Did Jesus perform with signs and wonders? Yes
Did God show his mighty power through Jesus? Yes

3 Likes

Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by malvisguy212: 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
@ proo212. GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
Am still waiting for you to address the remaining questions @mr. proo212 grin grin.

But before giving my own explanations to your points, let me correct something about your post.

Deut..18:18

New International Version
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.

New Living Translation
I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything I command him.

English Standard Version
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

New American Standard Bible
'I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you , and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

King James Bible
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

International Standard Version
I will raise up a prophet like you from among their relatives, and I will place my words in his mouth so that he may expound everything that I have commanded to them.

NET Bible
I will raise up a prophet like you for them from among their fellow Israelites. I will put my words in his mouth and he will speak to them whatever I command.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I will raise them up a prophet out of the midst of their brethren like to thee: and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I shall command him.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
Proo212...

In the Book of Deuteronomy, Moses relays what God told him, “I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee (Moses), and will put My words in his mouth; and will speak unto them all that I shall command him.” First,note the phrase ‘ from among their brethren ’.

Ishmael and Isaac were both brothers and they were the children of Abraham. When Moses, was quoting God as promising to send a prophet like Moses the verse says ‘ from among their brethren ’. Who are the brethren of the Israelites? They are, simply, the Ishmaelites. This is a clear and straightforward indication that the prophet who is going to be ‘like unto Moses’ from the brethren of the Israelites is Prophet Muhammad.
In fact, the Hebrew dictionary of the Bible defines brethren, as used in the biblical sense, in the following terms: it says it is the personification of a group of tribes who were regarded as near kinsmen to the Israelites. There is no nearer kinsmen tribe to the Israelites other than the Ishmaelites because they are their brethren- descendents of the brother of Isaac. It is consistent.

“Like Unto Thee”
I think perhaps one crucial phrase that is used in the verse is when it says “from among their brethren, like unto thee.” (Duet 18:18) God is saying that He will raise up a prophet that is similar to Moses. This is significant because the only great prophets, who came after Moses, were Jesus and Muhammad.However, it does not apply to Jesus because he is not really from the brethren of the Israelites. He is himself an Israelite.

There are similarities between Moses and Jesus as you stated ealier in the sense that they were both Jews. They both had profound miracles; during their time the rulers had ordered the killing of all male children and so on. But again that contradicts the term ‘brethren’ that has already been explained. Even then, we find that when taken for the sake of argument that Jesus is a possible candidate for this prophecy,you’ll find that there are a great deal more similarities between Prophets Moses and Muhammad than the similarities between prophets Moses and Jesus, may peace and blessings be upon them all.

1.Moses was regarded as a Prophet and Muhammad was also regarded as a Prophet while Jesus (at least by you Christians) was regarded as the Son of God. This point, alone, precludes Jesus. Because the prophecy is about a prophet like unto Moses. When Jesus is regarded as God incarnate, or the Son of God then that precludes him; at least this specific prophecy doesn’t apply to him. Like I mentioned last time, there are other prophecies that apply to Jesus but not this one.

2. In terms of parents, Moses had a normal mother and father and so did Muhammad. Jesus, however, was born only from a mother. In terms of birth, the birth of Moses was normal so was Muhammad’s where as Jesus’ birth was a virgin birth according to both the Muslim and Christian faiths.

3. Regarding family life: Moses married and had children so did Muhammad but it’s quite unlikely with Jesus. As far as we know, there are no records of him marrying or having any children.

4. In terms of death, Moses and Muhammad both had natural deaths from natural causes; the death of Jesus (according to the Christian faith) was a violent death- nailed to the cross.

5. In terms of the emphasis on his mission, we find that Moses’ mission was both spiritual and legal; he brought about a law. So did Muhammad. Jesus’ mission, on the other hand,was spiritual. Actually, he said ‘Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill’ (Mathew 5:17).

6. Regarding acceptance of leadership: Moses’ leadership was, for the most part, accepted by his people. They may have given him a hard time but his leadership was accepted during his lifetime. The same is true for Muhammad. Whereas Jesus himself complained that his leadership was not accepted, but was resisted, by the very people he was sent to- the Israelites. He mentions this often.

7. In terms of career, we find that Moses had a career both as a prophet and as a governor/ ruler to implement the divine law.Such is the same for Muhammad. In the case of Jesus, his career did not include that authority.

8. In terms of battles and encounters with enemies: We find that Moses did encounter his enemies, the Egyptians and they were drowned- he had victory over them. Muhammad did encounter the pagans that tried to destroy him and his followers and he had victory over them in the battlefield. No such event occurs, in terms of physical combat, in the case of Prophet Jesus may peace and blessings be upon him.

9. In terms of the mission: We find that the mission of Prophet Moses was completed in a sense that he not only succeeded in his preaching, but also established a new order following those commandments. The same thing is applicable to Muhammad.Before his death, there was already an Islamic community that was victorious over its enemies. In the case of Jesus, we find the opposite is true. The persecution of Christians persisted for many years to come and not until the year 325, when Constantine was said to have embraced Christianity, did the pressures on Christians begin to lighten.

All these points are not the only ones. Another striking similarity is that Moses left Egypt, his birthplace at a time when there was a conspiracy to kill him and he went to Median, to. Muhammad, also, left his birthplace, Mecca, on the same night he was to be assassinated and fled to Medina.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
Furthermore....
The phrase
“Put My Words in His Mouth”
The way the revelation came to Prophet Muhammad was that Angel Gabriel would come to him and dictate to him and then Muhammad would simply recites what was said to him. In other words, Muhammad was not the author of the Qur’an, as many people make this mistake. He is not the author of it, he did not create it, and he was not even using his own intellect and knowledge when he recited the Qur’an.

He was simply repeating what Gabriel was saying. This is not a hidden secret. It continued for 23 years in the presence of hundreds of followers and that the Qur’an was committed directly to memory in his presence as well as in writing. What could be a more beautiful explanation of the phrase ‘ put My words in his mouth ’? That God was putting the words in the mouth of Prophet Muhammad; that he was repeating what was exactly dictated to him.

To make sure that things are put in the proper context let me cite the verse following that one. It says, “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall not hearken unto My words which he shall speak IN MY NAME, I will require it of him. But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak,or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.” (Deut. 18: 19-20) This in the biblical language also
means that he shall be put to death.

This is an interesting point because one of the signs of that foretold prophet is that he will speak in the name of God. That term has been repeated twice in verses 19 and 20. Now, this is an extremely interesting point to comment on for those who are not familiar with the Qur’an. The Qur’an contains 114 chapters called surahs. 113 of these surahs start with “ Bismi Allah Al Rahman Al Raheem” which translates to “ IN THE NAME OF GOD the Beneficent, the merciful.” Virtually every chapter in the Qur’an starts with in the name of God. That’s quite interesting because the prophecy says that he will speak IN THE NAME OF GOD, not the authorship of Muhammad that he’s presenting this in the name of God but because God revealed that to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Financial Record Surfaces After Oyedepo’s Outcry Over CAMA / It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies / How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.