Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) (5154 Views)

Many Christians Converted To Islam After Ex- Christian Lecture / The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. / Ex-christian Wants To Know The Differences Between Agnosticism And Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
malvisguy212: @ Rilwayne. GOD BLESS YOU.

grin grin and you too grin grin
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by proo212(m): 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
@Rilwayne001, that is why I started from verse 15 for context. You chose to ignore that.

The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

I'm sure you know that in this case the Ishmaelites were not in the midst of the Israelites. Also the brethren in their midst is not an Arab. They are fellow Israelites

Please think about this verse.

For verse 18, the Israelites at that time had 12 tribes and multitudes of people. How come not one King over Israel and Judah came from Midian?

Actually there's no need to touch on the other points you raised. You prophet did not fulfill any of the criteria in verses 15-22.

If you can prove without a shadow of a doubt, I will tackle the rest of your questions

FYI, we use scripture to interpret scripture. Over to you
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by malvisguy212: 4:00am On Jul 03, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin and you too grin grin
satan looking for praise by editing my post.THEY LORD REBUKE THEE.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 10:00am On Jul 03, 2014
proo212

I'll reply you later, am very busy right now
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by olayanju22(m): 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Muslumi\Muslimah,

You are welcome to the Holy Month of Ramadan!!!

Bearing in mind the change in your daily meal plan, we at Tito’s Small Chops and Cocktails, have put together a special Month long Menu for pick up at the shop, or delivery to you at your convenience that would cater for your needs at breaking of fast/Iftar:

Order your savory vegetable spring rolls, Beefy Samosas, Massa, Kosei, Puffs, Peppered Chicken, Skewered Prawns, Snails, gizzard, Fish in batter, Sandwiches, Corned beef and Sweetcorn wraps, Meat-pies amongst other items on the menu – all at friendly prices!!!

You may also book for a daily budget based platter to be delivered to your home or office all through the month.

*Free delivery within #Abuja City Center.

Please contact us on these lines:
BBM 2B94F7EC
Or email: titoschops@yahoo.com

RAMADAN KAREEM!

Kindly Re-bc

Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
proo212: @Rilwayne001, that is why I started from verse 15 for context. You chose to ignore that.

I'm sure you know that in this case the Ishmaelites were not in the midst of the Israelites. Also the brethren in their midst is not an Arab. They are fellow Israelites

Please think about this verse.

For verse 18, the Israelites at that time had 12 tribes and multitudes of people. How come not one King over Israel and Judah came from Midian?

Let us take the verse again..
Deuteronomy 18:15-22 (NIV)
15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

^^ Moses was addressing the Isrealites as a whole not some set of people

16 For this is what you asked of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, "Let us not hear the voice of the LORD our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die."

^^ @ the bolded, means they including moses dont want to see God face to face again or else they die.
Which is true according to
Exodus 24:9-11
9 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky. 11 But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.
^^ Here we see that Moses and others saw God with their own eyes.

But later, Moses was not allowed to see God's face again
According to
Exodus 33:18-23
18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”

19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But ” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

Now if they no longer see God nor hear his voice, how will God comtinue to communicate with them. then that means a prophet will neither see God nor hear is voice, but God will put his word directly in his(prophet) mouth

17 The LORD said to me: "What they say is good. 18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among THEIR brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.
I dont need to go back to this again..

proo212: Actually there's no need to touch on the other points you raised.

which means you accepted them
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
proo212: You prophet did not fulfill any of the criteria in verses 15-22.

If you can prove without a shadow of a doubt, I will tackle the rest of your questions

FYI, we use scripture to interpret scripture. Over to you

You still have to counter claim my points about those point i raise about the phrase prophet like unto thee

Then you still have to tell me the prophet after christ, that the jew are talking about in john 1:20-21
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by proo212(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
Rilwayne, You still will not address the context of the passage by starting from verse 15 and I quote again because you are deliberately trying to turn scripture on its head by omitting part of the text.

This is your quote.
Let us take the verse again..
Deuteronomy 18:15-22 (NIV)
15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

This is what the verse says, the same NIV that you quoted and quietly omitted part of the text

Parallel Verses
New International Version
The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

New Living Translation
Moses continued, "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

King James Bible
The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

This what the Hebrew text says
18:15
nbia
prophet
מִ קִּ רְ בְּ +
m·qrb·k
from·within-of·you
מֵ אַ חֶ י+
m·achi·k
from·brothers-of·you
כָּ מֹ נִ י
km·ni
like·me
יָקִ ים
iqim
he-shall-craise-up
לְ +
l·k
for·you
יְ הוָה
ieue
Yahweh
. The LORD thy God
will raise up unto thee a
Prophet from the midst of
thee, of thy brethren, like
unto me; unto him ye shall
hearken;
אֱ0הֶ י+
alei·k
Elohim-of·you
אֵ לָ יו
ali·u
to·him
תִּ שְׁ מָ עוּן
thshmou·n
you(p)-shall-listen
:
:

Again, I will not even attempt to answer any more questions until you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that an Arab or Ishmaelite is the prophet that will be raised for the Israelites.

I will not even address Exodus 24 and 33 because you want to insert a context and a meaning that is not intended by the scripture
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Macelliot(m): 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
proo212: Rilwayne001, You still will not address the context of the passage by starting from verse 15 and I quote again because you are deliberately trying to turn scripture on its head by omitting part of the text.

This is your quote.

This is what the verse says, the same NIV that you quoted and quietly omitted part of the text

Again, I will not even attempt to answer any more questions until you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that an Arab or Ishmaelite is the prophet that will be raised for the Israelites.

I will not even address Exodus 24 and 33 because you want to insert a context and a meaning that is not intended by the scripture
Galileans and Samaritans are the brethens of the Jews(making them all Israelites).
They are the one Moses was reffering to in that passage...
Israel has 12 tribes, After King Solomon's reign, Israel divided in two groups namely the Israelites(samaritan) and the Judeans/Judah(Jews).
ISRAELITES( Reuben, simon, Issachar, zebulun, gad, ashar, neptali, dan, manasseh and Eprahim 10 tribes).....
JUDAH( Judah and Benjamin 2 tribes)
Jews are the Judah/benjamin tribes. Israelites and Judeans are decendant of Jacob.

Israelites are Jews, Galileans and Samaritans..
Joseph was a Galilean, Mary was a Jew(both are Israelites) so Jesus was half Galilean and half Jew......

If Moses was reffering to then brethren among Israelites then it must be among the three(Jew, Galilean, Samaritan)...
Jesus was an half-Jew and half-Galilean(nazareth)....
The verse was reffering to Jesus Christ....
Jews, Samaritans and Galileans are all brethrens making up the Israelites.....
Thanks!
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Macelliot(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
proo212: Rilwayne, You still will not address the context of the passage by starting from verse 15 and I quote again because you are deliberately trying to turn scripture on its head by omitting part of the text.

This is your quote.

Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by MarilynNash(f): 6:32am On Jul 04, 2014
Rilwayne001: Within the multitude of religions that exist in the world today are three which consider themselves tocbe monotheistic--that is, faiths in which belief is centered around the One God.

A closer look, at two of these religions--Judaism and Islam- will show this to be true: both Jews and Muslims worship One God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.

The other religion, that of Christianity, presents a problem,however, when it comes to the definition of monotheism as opposed to what Christianity stands for. Instead of making God the center of their faith, the Christians have turned their focus on Jesus, who is known to them as "Jesus Christ", or "Jesus the Anointed One". To the Jews, Jesus was "a nice Jewish boy"; to the Muslims, Jesus was a human prophet; one of God's Chosen Messengers. To the Christians, however, Jesus is much!!! more.

Christianity is focused on Jesus Christ. The religion takes its name from Jesus Christ. All Christian doctrines are centered Wxaround Jesus Christ. Major Christian holidays mark events in the life of Jesus Christ. The symbol of the Christian faith, a cross, is indicative of Jesus Christ. Prayers of the Christians
are addressed to Jesus Christ, as they consider God Himself to be unapproachable by a mere man.

According to Christian author Fritz Ridenour, "the key to Christianity is that Jesus Christ really is the reason for it all and that he is holding it all together."[1]

Many Christians today are unable to comprehend the existence of God without Jesus Christ standing there in the foreground for them. Mr. Ridenour says that Christianity is " .. a relationship with a person, Jesus Christ"[2], and all too many Christians are in this position: they know God in no other way but through Jesus Christ.

The Christians say they worship God, but Jesus is also right there in the picture. As they see him-- in addition to God--as being divine, Christianity is a religion with TWO gods, not one;and a religion with more than one God is not monotheistic.How did this situation come to be? How did the religion of Christianity turn a human prophet from God into a god himself?
Yes, God appointed Him as the door to our salvation, only through Him can we see God. In the old testament, God spoke directly to His messengers now He uses Jesus to minister to His people.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Macelliot:
Galileans and Samaritans are the brethens of the Jews(making them all Israelites).
They are the one Moses was reffering to in that passage...
Israel has 12 tribes, After King Solomon's reign, Israel divided in two groups namely the Israelites(samaritan) and the Judeans/Judah(Jews).
ISRAELITES( Reuben, simon, Issachar, zebulun, gad, ashar, neptali, dan, manasseh and Eprahim 10 tribes).....
JUDAH( Judah and Benjamin 2 tribes)
Jews are the Judah/benjamin tribes. Israelites and Judeans are decendant of Jacob.

Israelites are Jews, Galileans and Samaritans..
Joseph was a Galilean, Mary was a Jew(both are Israelites) so Jesus was half Galilean and half Jew......

If Moses was reffering to then brethren among Israelites then it must be among the three(Jew, Galilean, Samaritan)...
Jesus was an half-Jew and half-Galilean(nazareth)....
The verse was reffering to Jesus Christ....
Jews, Samaritans and Galileans are all brethrens making up the Israelites.....
Thanks!
Hogwash
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Macelliot(m): 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
Rilwayne001:
Hogwash
Hmm! Thanks 4 that!
God bless you!
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
Macelliot:
Hmm! Thanks 4 that!
God bless you!

grin you too
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Emusan(m): 12:15am On Jul 05, 2014
Rilwayne001: You still have to counter claim my points about those point i raise about the phrase prophet like unto thee

In fact @Proos212 has done a good job already but I just want to remove small from your brainwashed brain of your below statement.

Then you still have to tell me the prophet after christ, that the jew are talking about in john 1:20-21

Firstly, it's assumption at part of Muslims that the question is sequencial, that's why they always add 'AFTER CHRIST' to the question that the Jews asked John the Baptist.

Secondly, most Muslim scholars have linked this statement with Deu 18:18 in other to reinforced their fallacious claim. When they always fail in given a good answer to this simple question. Why did the Jews ask an Israelites (John the Baptist) and not any tribes? Since the prophecy didn't specify the location of prophet.

Lastly, Muslims are found of bashing into Bible and pick whatever verse(s) they think it suit them and neglect others even within the same context.
They quoted the word of JEWS with John the Baptist but neglect the same testimony of this same JEWS in another part.

These are their testimony!

"Philip found Nathanael and said to him, ‘We have found him of whom Moses in the Law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.’" John 1:45
Remember Philip is a Jew

When the people saw the sign that he had done, they said, ‘This is indeed the Prophet who is to come into the world!’ Perceiving then that they were about to come and take him by force to make him king, Jesus withdrew again to the mountain by himself." John 6:14-15

Finally, Jesus Christ Himself said Moses wrote about Him. John 5:45-47

Note: Asking such question from John which seems as if the Christ to come is strictly different from the prophet Moses spoke about shows that they(the Jews) don't study their scriptures very well because they(the Jews) also thought that NO prophet will arise from Galille (which I believe is the point you're going to raise next) but FORGOTTEN that Jonah is a prophet from Gath which is in Galille.

Stop following a wrong path which the end is destruction but the way, the truth and the life Jesus Christ which leads to eternal life.

Shalom.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 4:57am On Jul 05, 2014
Emusan:

In fact @Proos212 has done a good job already but I just want to remove small from your brainwashed brain of your below statement.
Then you are a mumu for that statement, if i am brainwashed fellow then you are a deluded e-diot.

That i decided not to answer proo212 does not mean that i dont have anything to say. if not that am just tired of his backwardness

Emusan: Firstly, it's assumption at part of Muslims that the question is sequencial, that's why they always add 'AFTER CHRIST' to the question that the Jews asked John the Baptist.

Secondly, most Muslim scholars have linked this statement with Deu 18:18 in other to reinforced their fallacious claim. When they always fail in given a good answer to this simple question. Why did the Jews ask an Israelites (John the Baptist) and not any tribes? Since the prophecy didn't specify the location of prophet.
Hogwash

Emusan: Lastly, Muslims are found of bashing into Bible and pick whatever verse(s) they think it suit them and neglect others even within the same context.
They quoted the word of JEWS with John the Baptist but neglect the same testimony of this same JEWS in another part.

We shall see just dont run away as usual
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 5:25am On Jul 05, 2014
Emusan:
These are their testimony!

[color=blue]"Philip found Nathanael and said to him, ‘We have found him of whom Moses in the Law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.’" John 1:45
Remember Philip is a Jew

When the people saw the sign that he had done, they said, ‘This is indeed the Prophet who is to come into the world!’ Perceiving then that they were about to come and take him by force to make him king, Jesus withdrew again to the mountain by himself." John 6:14-15

Reading the gospel of john shows us that the Jews expected the Messiah and The Prophet, two distinct persons. The discoveries of the Qumran scrolls reveal such belief among some of the Jews also.

Matthew, chapter 16:”
14 They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"

16 Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

Reading the above verses reveals the following:
1) Some of the Jews are confused about the identity of Jesus
2) Jesus admits he is the Messiah.

Now lets go further
John, chapter 7:”
40 Some in the crowd who heard these words said, [size=20pt]" This is truly the Prophet ."[/size]

41 Others said, [size=20pt] "This is the Messiah." [/size] But others said, "The Messiah will not come from Galilee, will he?

42 Does not scripture say that the Messiah will be of David's family and come from Bethlehem, the village where David lived?"

43 So a division occurred in the crowd because of him.”

Examining the verses above reveals the following:
1) Some Jews thought he was The Prophet.
2) Others thought he was The Messiah.
3) The Jews are definitely confused.

We understand from the above verses that the Jews expected two characters; some other passages reveal three characters. Now reading the verses you raised earlier would clear up some of the confusion:

John 6:”
14 When the people saw the sign he had done, they said, " This is truly THE PROPHET, the one who is to come into the world."

15 Since Jesus knew that they were going to come and carry him off to make him king, he withdrew again to the mountain alone.”

Now can we assume that the Jews were correct when they thought he was THE PROPHET? Were they not confused about his identity? The Jews were indeed confused. Anyway, Jesus leaved and didn’t want them to declare him as King of the Jews.That is understandable since we can assume that he was not that prophet (the ruler). He was the Messiah as he confirmed earlier.

Let’s examine the following verses to clear the confusion now:

John, chapter 1:”
19 And this is the testimony of John. When the Jews from Jerusalem sent priests and Levites (to him) to ask him, "Who are you?"
20 he admitted and did not deny it, but admitted, "I am not the Messiah."
21 So they asked him, "What are you then? Are you Elijah?" And he said, "I am not." "Are you THE PROPHET?" He answered, "No ." “

We notice the following:
1) The Pharisees asked him about three characters. Presumably, they are well versed with the Old Testament.

2) We see the clear distinction between “The Prophet” and “The Messiah”.

3) John the Baptist did not object to their reasoning about the three characters and this is important to remember.

Reviewing the above we conclude:

1) Most of the Jews were in confusion about the identity of Jesus, was he The Prophet or The Messiah?

2) When they though he was The Prophet they tried to declare him as king but he escaped indicating that he is not that Prophet they were looking for and also for the reason mentioned by Jesus that he has no kingdom here on earth.

3) The Pharisees knew exactly who they were asking about when confronting John the Baptist and John the Baptist answered them accordingly for he also understood their questions and did not object to it at all. John the Baptist knew that he was not Elijah, he was not The Messiah, and he was not THE PROPHET . Three distinct characters.

4) Jesus admitted that he was the Messiah.

We have seen the clear distinction between THE PROPHET and THE MESSIAH. John the Baptist knew what the Pharisees were asking about and he answered them accordingly. Jesus claimed to be the Messiah not THE PROPHET. As a matter of fact when the Jews thought he was THE PROPHET he departed which supports the theory that he was not that prophet the Jews were waiting for.

Now Mr. Emusan kindly tell me who the PROPHET is?
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 5:25am On Jul 05, 2014
dp
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by TheBigUrban2: 5:26am On Jul 05, 2014
angry angry angry angry angry

I hate this thread

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 6:17am On Jul 05, 2014
Emusan:

Finally, Jesus Christ Himself said Moses wrote about Him. John 5:45-47[/color]
Reading through John:
John, chapter 5:”
46 For if you had believed Moses, you would have believed me, because he wrote about me.
47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?" “

Jesus never claimed to be THE PROPHET, the one the Jews were expecting also beside the Messiah, but according to the verses above he did claim that Moses wrote about him.

Deuteronomy, chapter 18:”
20 But if a prophet presumes to speak in my name an oracle that I have not commanded him to speak, or speaks in the name of other gods, he shall die.'
21 "If you say to yourselves, 'How can we recognize an oracle which the LORD has spoken?',

Could Jesus be one of those many prophets who would be sent to the Israelites? Yes he could. We then could assume that Moses spoke about Jesus through the verses above.

Indeed Jesus called himself a prophet but he did not
call himself “The Prophet”.

Sadly though, cry according to the Trinitarians, this prophet of God (Jesus) was killed. Now if we assume Deuteronomy (18:20) to be a true verse, we are left with two choices, either Jesus was not a prophet and that is why he was killed or he was indeed a prophet and was not actually killed. As a Muslim, I would take the second choice.

Emusan:
Note: Asking such question from John which seems as if the Christ to come is strictly different from the prophet Moses spoke about shows that they(the Jews) don't study their scriptures very well because they(the Jews) also thought that NO prophet will arise from Galille (which I believe is the point you're going to raise next) but FORGOTTEN that Jonah is a prophet from Gath which is in Galille.

John should have been the one correct them and not you, he knew what the Pharisees were asking about and he answered them accordingly...If otherwise he would have corrected them the way you are correcting them now.
Thus, makes your point baseless undecided

Emusan: Stop following a wrong path which the end is destruction but the way, the truth and the life Jesus Christ which leads to eternal life.
Confutionist grin grin

The wrong path maybe the beautiful, attractive path that people rush at but at the end is destruction, while the right path may be the narrow dirty dirty path that people ignore but in the end of it is eternal blissful life..
To you be your way and to me be my way, and on the day of judgement God will judge between us that we used to dispute

Emusan: Shalom.
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 6:21am On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:
angry angry angry angry angry

I hate this thread

grin grin grin grin
Attention seeker grin grin
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by TheBigUrban2: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:
Attention seeker grin grin

grin grin grin

Seeker of truth......thats a better title
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Emusan(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2014
I don't need to reply your first post as typical Muslim always behave.

Rilwayne001:
Matthew, chapter 16:”
14 They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
Reading the above verses reveals the following:
1) Some of the Jews are confused about the identity of Jesus
2) Jesus admits he is the Messiah.

You just reinforced my point that the Jews got confused about the identity of Jesus and LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR OWN SCRIPTURES.

Examining the verses above reveals the following:
1) Some Jews thought he was The Prophet.
2) Others thought he was The Messiah.
3) The Jews are definitely confused.

Still the same as above.

We understand from the above verses that the Jews expected two characters; some other passages reveal three characters.

This is the MISTAKEN part of it from the Jews FOR ASSUMING that THE PROPHET WILL BE DIFFERENT from the MESSIAH.
This is the key point.

John 6:”14 When the people saw the sign he had done, they said, "This is truly THE PROPHET, the one who is to come into the world."
Now can we assume that the Jews were correct when they thought he was THE PROPHET? Were they not confused about his identity? The Jews were indeed confused.

This is how you will know that you're really confused more than the Jews themselves.
You agreed that the Jews were indeed confused about the identity of Jesus, do you also agree that they(the Jews) might also be WRONG in viewing THE PROPHET from the MESSIAH?

Beside THE JEWS finally agree that JESUS is THE PROPHET whom Moses spoke about but to you they were confused, which you believe that they weren't confused when they assumed that the prophet is different from the Messiah.

We notice the following:
1) The Pharisees asked him about three characters. Presumably, they are well versed with the Old Testament.

You're still confused like the Jews.

2) We see the clear distinction between “The Prophet” and “The Messiah”.

After you agreed that the Jews always confused, what give you impression that the Jews weren't confused of this distinction?

3) John the Baptist did not object to their reasoning about the three characters and this is important to remember.

He doesn't need to because he is not the prophet nor Elijah nor Messiah.

Reviewing the above we conclude:
1) Most of the Jews were in confusion about the identity of Jesus, was he The Prophet or The Messiah?

Then you should also know that they might be confused of seen the prophet as a distinct person from the Messiah.

2) When they though he was The Prophet they tried to declare him as king but he escaped indicating that he is not that Prophet they were looking for and also for the reason mentioned by Jesus that he has no kingdom here on earth.

This is where you suppose to hit your forehead and say I'm indeed lack scriptural knowledge of the Bible.
First Deu 18:18 doesn't say the prophet will be made a King but Jesus being withdrew Himself for be made a king AFTER THE Jews AGREED that JESUS is THE PROPHET. prophecy a King ruling FOREVER is about the MESSIAH not The PROPHET.

lastly The Jews only believe the MESSIAH will be a KING over them, so when the Jews now agreed that JESUS Christ is THE PROPHET and wanted to made Him a King SHOULD TELLS YOU THAT THE PROPHET AND THE MESSIAH WILL BE ONE PERSON.

3) The Pharisees knew exactly who they were asking about when confronting John the Baptist

But always confused about their own scriptures.

4) Jesus admitted that he was the Messiah.

Did Jesus ever rebuke Jews for calling Him THE prophet?

Now Mr. Emusan kindly tell me who the PROPHET is?

The MESSIAH who knew God FACE TO FACE LIKE MOSES and SPOKE the direct word of God unlike Muhammad who never knew God FACE TO FACE nor hear God's voice ever in his life.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by ShakurM(m): 10:03am On Jul 05, 2014
' You insult Allah and his messenger(S.A.W) ' Some impatient and ignorant Muslims revolt and start killing..Imagine their love for Islam,Criticize the pple responsible don't criticize my religion. For Islam is perfect,we beings aren't. Problem with we pple 'We generalize a lot '. My pple perish for lack of knowledge right?
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rexyl(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2014
Acts 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

with all arguments and discussions so far... who is Mohammed from the Bible. There has not been answer. all we have so far is struggling to find a place for him...
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2014
@emusan, i'll reply you later am very busy ryt now
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Emusan(m): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2014
Rilwayne001: Jesus never claimed to be THE PROPHET,

With this your point kindly show me a verse in the Quran where it was written "Muhammad is The PROPHET MOSES spoke about"

but according to the verses above he did claim that Moses wrote about him.

Did Moses wrote about other prophets and how many prophet ever claimed that Moses wrote about them?
The very verses you quoted speaks against Muhammad because he spoke those things that are not from God.

Could Jesus be one of those many prophets who would be sent to the Israelites? Yes he could.

Confusion, is it He could or He was?

We then could assume that Moses spoke about Jesus through the verses above.

You can only assume to suit your fallacious claim but not what the actual text is saying. That's why all the apostles of Jesus agree with each other that Jesus was The PROPHET.

Indeed Jesus called himself a prophet but he did not
call himself “The Prophet”.

once again give me a single verse in your own Qur'an that says "Muhammad is THE PROPHET"

Sadly though, cry according to the Trinitarians, this prophet of God (Jesus) was killed.

Do you want to attack TRINITARIAN or you make a mistake? because ALL CHRISTIAN BELIEVED IN THE DEATH OF OUR LORD JESUS.

Now if we assume Deuteronomy (18:20) to be a true verse,

Are you now saying this verse isn't true? just because it exposes Muhammad false claim.

we are left with two choices, either Jesus was not a prophet and that is why he was killed

God foretold the death of the MESSIAH before it happened likewise HISTORY testified that the crucifixion took place. Jesus was killed for the SIN of the world not for your wrong assumption.

or he was indeed a prophet and was not actually killed. As a Muslim, I would take the second choice.

Only Qur'an negate both the prophecy of God and History by claiming Jesus never crucified nor died.

John should have been the one to correct them and not you,

Just as John couldn't say they were confused by you say so

he knew what the Pharisees were asking about and he answered them accordingly...

He knew the Pharisees were asking a s.tupid questions and decided not to disturb himself by given simple answer NO!

If otherwise he would have corrected them the way you are correcting them now.
Thus, makes your point baseless undecided

Did John see also that the Jews were confused the way you're seeing them now? Thus makes your point clueles.s

Confutionist grin grin

You can't answer my question rather you count it as confusion..again If THE PROPHET spoken about by Moses will come from Arab, Why the JEWS border themselves ask an Israelites?

May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you

Just the way Muslims always invoke the peace and blessing of Allah upon Muhammad who suppose to be in heaven.

How can someone who supposed to be in the presence of God still need a sinful man to invoke blessing & peace on him?

Compare with Jesus;
Jesus said "MY PEACE I give to you...."
So may the peace of JESUS CHRIST be with you.
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Emusan(m): 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2014
Rilwayne001: @emusan, i'll reply you later am very busy ryt now

Don't even border to reply because your comments always show that you don't want to tell yourself the truth.

1 Like

Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
Emusan:

Don't even border to reply because your comments always show that you don't want to tell yourself the truth.

But you asked some questions up there and you ask me not to reply? undecided
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rilwayne001: 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

grin grin grin

Seeker of truth......thats a better title

My dear friend a.k.a seeker of truth.

Whst have you learnt so far on this thread?
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by true2god: 8:24am On Jul 06, 2014
Islam sanctions al-taqiyya (holy lies) as long as it is for the benefit of Islam. Deut 20:15 is clear enough to understand: 'The lord your God will raise up unto you a prophet from the midst of you (among you), of thy brethren, like unto me, unto him you should obey'. Moses said that another prophet (like himself) will be raised from the Jews. The key statement there is ' God will raise unto you a prophet from the midst of you, of your brother'.

I wont give up in exposing the fallacy of Islam trying, at all cost, to technically jextapox mohammed into the Jewish torah and the Christian 'book'. The lies, mohammed is the holy spirit, to the muslims, is no longer defensible, so they hung on to deut 20 to get credbility for their fake and warring prophet.

If Quran didn't say mohammed was a prophet like unto moses (which could have been defensible to the muslims), why are muslims corrupting Judeo-christian scriptures to give mohammed a sort of credibility?

A good product need not too much advert to gain acceptance, only a bad product does. 'There is not god but allah and mohammed is his prophet' is the world most repeated\daily advert in history, rather unconciosly by muslims world wide. Even the saudi arabia flag advertise this false matra with a sword to signify the eternal aggression of Islam on who refused to accept 'there is no god but allaha and mohammed (piss be on him) is his prophet'.

Islam used death threat to keep its members in Islamic countries. That alone shows that it is a cult, just as Ogboni fraternity use the same tactics to keep its members from exposing their falsehood.

@ Riliwan, why do all Islamic apostates seek politcal assylum, either in the US or Europe to avoid being killed in their home countries? If apostates are not killed, or threatened with death penalty, do you think Islam will survive as a religion?
Re: The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) by Rexyl(m): 9:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
... and also the story of Sudanese woman sentenced to death for converting from Islam to religion of her liking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Financial Record Surfaces After Oyedepo’s Outcry Over CAMA / It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies / How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.