Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (65104 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by sako28: 1:32am On Aug 31, 2014
spyder880:

Thank you my people, the first time I had a good look at the plans for this house, I built a mental picture of how the finish will look like. Still battling with the costs while dreaming a superlative completion for this house. Only that everything is costly in PH, the fight goes on sha, but we shall win!
o
spyder880:

Not done a wardrobe recently but this was done in my house this November, a kitchen cabinet for N100k

Oga spyder God bless you for ur insight and help to many. Please where can one get granite around port harcourt. I'm learning from treads here and need a quary to granite. Granite in PH is too expensive so looking for a good quary around. My fellow nairaland ogas if you know please give the infor.

Thank for the infor.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2014
Neatly dressing in the electrical components.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Pesuzok(m): 11:45am On Aug 31, 2014
nice work, can you give a rough estimate the cost for this duplex up to this level.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 4:51am On Sep 01, 2014
spyder880: Neatly dressing in the electrical components.

Nice job our chairmo,
But i can notice some trowel mark on the walls,
I think using brushes on the wall after plastering gives it a better finish, Just my opinion though.
I knw it can easily be taken care of by screeding the walls.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
koman:

Nice job our chairmo,
But i can notice some trowel mark on the walls,
I think using brushes on the wall after plastering gives it a better finish, Just my opinion though.
I knw it can easily be taken care of by screeding the walls.
Thank you Sir. The work is above average, but not perfect. We shall be improving everyday.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
Picture updates. ..

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
Working on the parapet fascia dressing

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
Completed portions

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
spyder880: Completed portions
looking at this portion, will rain fall from this roof?. This is how average completed roofs in the US look like and rain doesn't fall from it.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
spyder880: Completed portions

That is what I call smooth... Your guys are good and you are a good Oga too..

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
Empiree: looking at this portion, will rain fall from this roof?. This is how average completed roofs in the US look like and rain doesn't fall from it.

Because houses are required to have "gutters" here.. if not, the Building Inspectors will be knocking on your house with that thick papers.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
mufutau55:

Because houses are required to have "gutters" here.. if not, the Building Inspectors will be knocking on your house with that thick papers.

Hajji M.
Obviously, this doesn't have gutters or am i missing it?
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
We already bought roof gutters waiting to be fitted. PVC water channels.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
Empiree:
Obviously, this doesn't have gutters or am i missing it?

NO. I don't see any gutter either and it's not required in Nigeria. I believe Spyder880 also mentioned that some owners prefer natural water falling off his roof.. But I have also seen other houses where Spyder installed roof gutters... It's left to the owner of the house what he/she wants.
Although my house is an aluminum roof, I still have gutters on it...

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
spyder880: We already bought roof gutters waiting to be fitted. PVC water channels.

Aha! Just what I was explaining to him... We were posting the same time.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
mufutau55:

NO. I don't see any gutter either and it's not required in Nigeria. I believe Spyder880 also mentioned that some owners prefer natural water falling off his roof.. But I have also seen other houses where Spyder installed roof gutters... It's left to the owner of the house what he/she wants.
Although my house is an aluminum roof, I still have gutters on it...

Hajji Mufutau
Yea, he just posted pix of "gutters"
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 11:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
Another house where roof water channels was installed in a house I built in Enugu.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by blank(f): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
spyder880: Another house where roof water channels was installed in a house I built in Enugu.

Does it have to be so ugly and deface the house?

I won't put it no matter what cos its too ugly. grin
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
blank:

You probably won't see it like that when its all painted with the house.
Believe me, Oga Spyder does not and will not entertain uglyness.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Onuokwu: 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
blank:

We are thinking alike angry. I like the idea but not the visual effect. Lets see how it will look after the painting (ala Oga Hajji) if Spyder will agree to give us pictures....
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
Parapet fascia plastering, done.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
The external walls are also getting some attention

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
As expected, the rains has been causing some serious setbacks to the work.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
Like washing off our cement dressing on the walls, we're losing time and money here.
We are still waiting for the rains to stop.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 4:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
POP loading. .......... expect some beautiful designs as we prepare.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
So it's true that rain has been bothering builders. I am following a project that needs to be decked in Southwest since early August, but i keep hearing rain this rain that could not let them move forward. I thought super was playing games.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2014
Empiree: So it's true that rain has been bothering builders. I am following a project that needs to be decked in Southwest since early August, but i keep hearing rain this rain that could not let them move forward. I thought super was playing games.

He is not playing any games, the conditions of weather is intense this season. Enugu, Owerri, Abakaliki, PH and Aba keeps wet daily for the past few weeks. I know it will be same story in Lagos and Ogun states. We lose money building houses daily.

Have some compassion for some builders, in the picture I am going to post below, the building collapsed after some heavy rains of 3 days. I stopped there and asked some questions and the blame goes to the supervision crew. Going ahead with a decking casting with the owners insistence, and not following the laid down procedures. Sometimes, some supervisors are even unaware of best practices in safe building construction.

Sad story in pictures.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 11:29am On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks for this @ spyder880. Sad for owner of this building. Money gone down the drain.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
spyder880:
Sad story in pictures.

For the Oga Client, this is live and learn... Too bad for him, all that money wasted.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
Updates from the back of the house.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Some POP activities ongoing.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
Of course it would look like a mad house downstairs, peeping from the top. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Ten (10) Of The Richest And Wealthiest Neighborhoods In Nigeria / NCDMB: The Tallest Building In Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) / World's Loneliest House, Abandoned For Over 100 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.