Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (65003 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 11:26am On Sep 18, 2014
mufutau55:

Empiree... Good news.. They will all work.. I just got an email from a trusted friend who is also a Nairalander and he bought all his lighting
fixtures from here too, and they are working well in Nigeria. All they will need to change is the light bulbs to 220/240v, there is no electrical
parts inside except the wirings and that will withstand the 220/240v. So, I think I will hit "Home Depot" and "Lowes" for more shopping.

Here is the exact quotes (2 lines) below from my friend:
"About the light, yes it will work fine all they have to do is replaced the bulb that comes with the box with Nigeria regular 220v"
"Yes sir, no need to rewired anything inside just replace the bulb and you are good to go sir."

Below you will some photos of low cost lighting packages I snapped when visiting Home Depot sometimes ago.
Nice to know that they will ALL work in Nigeria, by just replacing the bulbs with 220/240v bulbs used in Nigeria.

Hajji Mufutau

thanks for this. Really excited .
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 11:57am On Sep 18, 2014
@ Empiree, Hajj Mufutau, I can see some types of lamps from the ones posted here are available in Enugu here. I will try and ask for the price and quality, country of origin and other information and post them here maybe this weekend. Let's see if wetin we dey find go Sokoto, dey inside our 'sokoto' pocket. grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by kopell: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
@Spyder that will be nice, my only concern is the quality. Here the government are not joking with stranded. For example when one buy bulb that suppose to last for sating hours it as being tested to last for those hours no excuse. From experience we but a sucurity light bulb for our mosques here that was instal 2007. When it burn out, we're to replace it, we find out from the receipt that it was made to last for 7 years. There are even some now that made to last for 20 year with low light consuming. Which are not that expensive anyway. I hope we could get those quality out there.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
mufutau55:

Empiree... Don't forget to look at the Solar powered lights too.. especially for the Outside/External Lights, plenty of Sun in Nigeria to charge them.

Hajji Mufutau
Pls if have link for bold please forward.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Empiree: Pls if have link for bold please forward.
I just googled them.. I don't have any link saved... but I will be keeping you informed..

Updates: So far the followings 110/120v stuffs will not work in Nigeria due to the internal wirings and voltages:

Switches
Sockets
Dimmers
Motorized Ceiling Fans

I will keep passing more info.

Disclaimer Note: Please buying 110/120v lighting fixtures and using them in Nigeria as 220/240v is at your own risk.
Don't risk of burning down your house, always look for 220/240v fixtures to be compatible with Nigeria voltage.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
spyder880: @ Empiree, Hajj Mufutau, I can see some types of lamps from the ones posted here are available in Enugu here. I will try and ask for the price and quality, country of origin and other information and post them here maybe this weekend. Let's see if wetin we dey find go Sokoto, dey inside our 'sokoto' pocket. grin

Oga Spyder. We know we can count on you... Thanks mucho. May be we just dey do wahala for nothing.

May be you can also ask your Electricians about the 110/120v pass-thru wired lighting fixtures working on our Nigeria 220/240v electricity.

Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
mufutau55:
I just googled them.. I don't have any link saved... but I will be keeping you informed..

Updates: So far the followings 110/120v stuffs will not work in Nigeria due to the internal wirings and voltages:

Switches
Sockets
Dimmers
Motorized Ceiling Fans

I will keep passing more info.

Disclaimer Note: Please buying 110/120v lighting fixtures and using them in Nigeria as 220/240v is at your own risk.
Don't risk of burning down your house, always look for 220/240v fixtures to be compatible with Nigeria voltage.

Hajji Mufutau

I knew long ago it won't work in Nigeria.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:53am On Sep 20, 2014
Crafting the main lounge POP design.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
Starting to design the side of the house

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
Wall groove lines. ....

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
More. ...

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Making sure the lines are level.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by kopell: 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
spyder880]Making sure the lines are level.
Men this your guys are good, you're lucky to have this talented workers stay bless.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
spyder880: Making sure the lines are level.

Another nice designs with those hollow lines... also stolen. smiley

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
mufutau55:
Another nice designs with those hollow lines... also stolen. smiley
Hajji Mufutau

You are permitted Sir, meanwhile more lines. ....

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
More markings. ......

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
spyder880:
You are permitted Sir, meanwhile more lines. ....

Oga mi, how deep and wide is the hollow lines, 1 inch or 2 ins, etc. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga mi, how deep and wide is the hollow lines, 1 inch or 2 ins, etc. Thanks.

Hajji M.

2" I like them bold, tiny markings may lose their appeal as they are less likely to draw attention.

Bold lines stand out, even from a distance.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 10:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
spyder880:
2" I like them bold, tiny markings may lose their appeal as they are less likely to draw attention.
Bold lines stand out, even from a distance.

You are right, easy to see from distance. God bless you for sharing all your knowledge.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
@ mufutau55, it's possible the light fixtures you posted on p.13 could work with 220v. I went to a local store by me on weekend. I asked customer service if they could work with 220v?. He said most new ones are designed to work with 110v-240v. He said all I have to do is insert 220v bulbs in Africa.

Although of about 10 light fixtures i bought, only one I am not sure of. The rest have up 240v. So i am still lucky. I was able to take pictures in his store. He was like 'sir...no camera allowed'. It's Indian Muslim store. Expensive indeed but magnificent. I see same kinds that I bought.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Empiree: @ mufutau55, it's possible the light fixtures you posted on p.13 could work with 220v. I went to a local store by me on weekend. I asked customer service if they could work with 220v?. He said most new ones are designed to work 110v-240v. He said all I have to do is insert 220v bulbs in Africa.

Although of about 10 light fixtures i bought, only one I am not sure of. The rest have up 240v. So i am still lucky. I was able to take pictures in his store. He was like 'sir...no camera allowed'. It's Indian Muslim store. Expensive indeed but magnificent. I see same kinds that I bought.

Yeah! A friend who bought them (those items on Page13 110/12v) said, "he is presently using them in Nigeria with no problem" by just changing the to 220/240v Bulb (just like that your Indian guy above said). But I still say with a Disclaimer; buy them at your own risk if they are 110/120v because if the wiring inside does not support enough current of 220/240v who knows and heaven forbid the wire may just burn up.. but they do work. but beware do not use Halogen type... I believe most wire nowadays have enough power to support 220/240v current.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
Progress

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
More walls

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by kostadinis: 6:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
Very smooth....Well grooved wall decoration
I like it
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
We are still working to get the best of finish for this great house cheesy

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Around the house. ....

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
It's starting to look like a castle cheesy

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
These columns look imposing, intimidating cheesy

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
The living room space is now a lab for ornamental designs

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
Printing and minting more designs. ....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by janykute: 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
spyder880: It's starting to look like a castle cheesy
You are damn right.
A Beautiful Edifice.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Internal walls screeding, and the special navigation tool for a perfectly smooth wall, a toothbrush grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

UK Tenant Moves Out From House, Leaving 5,000 Beer Cans Filled With Urine( Pix) / Ten (10) Of The Richest And Wealthiest Neighborhoods In Nigeria / NCDMB: The Tallest Building In Bayelsa State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.