Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (65009 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 11:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
I also bought kitchen faucet with led costs $76 (Aliexpress). It costs $174 in local store
I bought the lighting features for bathroom(5pcs) for $22 each+$6 shipping(eBay)
With same double kitchen sink 11' deep for $99(eBay) free shipping

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
Empiree:
1st picture costs $239+99 shipping from China(eBay)
2nd picture costs $259.40 free shipping(Aliexpress)
3rd picture costs $111 each. I bought 5 of them + $43 (combined shipping discounted)(eBay)
4th picture costs $10 each+free shipping(eBay)

How does this work? Are these purchases you made being shipped to you in Nigeria or in the U.S? I am confused by the free shipping things you listed. Also, I've been told these things are available in Lagos and cheaper in Lagos than U.S.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 11:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
[quote author=FastShipping]

US based. I will pretty much love to know similar products and their prices in Lagos. These are genuine products
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
[quote author=Empiree][/quote]

I was at Lowes and Home Depot over the weekend and I found those stuff to be really expensive. Someone told me at Home Depot to wait till Black Friday sales coming up this Thanksgiving. He said most of these items won't be as expensive as they are now.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 12:53am On Sep 16, 2014
FastShipping:

I was at Lowes and Home Depot over the weekend and I found those stuff to be really expensive. Someone told me at Home Depot to wait till Black Friday sales coming up this Thanksgiving. He said most of these items won't be as expensive as they are now.
Of-course extremely expensive. One of those in picture costs $1000 close by me. But I just bought similar one from NJ, only $282 in pix below. Yet great. No, I cant stand "Black Friday". I dont go there. The lines are terrible.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 1:29am On Sep 16, 2014
Empiree: Of-course extremely expensive. One of those in picture costs $1000 close by me. But I just bought similar one from NJ, only $282 in pix below. Yet great. No, I cant stand "Black Friday". I dont go there. The lines are terrible.

From what store you bought that in New Jersey? Some of these electrical fittings cannot work in Nigeria.

The lines at Lowes or Home Depot won't be as bad as that of Wal-Mart and Co. Things have changed because stores now make products available online 48hrs before Black Friday Sales.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:11am On Sep 16, 2014
Empiree:
1st picture costs $239+99 shipping from China(eBay)
2nd picture costs $259.40 free shipping(Aliexpress)
3rd picture costs $111 each. It has remote control. I bought 5 of them + $43 (combined shipping discounted)(eBay)
4th picture costs $10 each+free shipping(eBay)

Thank you when you say shipping, is that shipping to Nigeria or you are ordering it based in USA?
Have you received the goods and certified that the quality is genuine, because I am skeptical with China products.
I think we will take this to Private email later for more discussions, as I am very interested.
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:17am On Sep 16, 2014
Empiree: I also bought kitchen faucet with led costs $76 (Aliexpress). It costs $174 in local store
I bought the lighting features for bathroom(5pcs) for $22 each+$6 shipping(eBay)
With same double kitchen sink 11' deep for $99(eBay) free shipping

Empiree, I hope you are making sure all those stuffs you are buying are compatible with Nigeria electricity (220-240V) oh!
And I still expect answer to my questions above of where the items are shipped to.. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 2:21am On Sep 16, 2014
mufutau55:

Empiree, I hope you are making sure all those stuffs you are buying are compatible with Nigeria electricity (220-240V) oh!
And I still expect answer to my questions above of where the items are shipped to.. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Yes, it specified that. Shipped to me in the us
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:28am On Sep 16, 2014
Empiree: Yes, it specified that. Shipped to me in the us

OK. That is good then... Do they send you a PDF catalog you can send by email?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 2:37am On Sep 16, 2014
FastShipping:

From what store you bought that in New Jersey? Some of these electrical fittings cannot work in Nigeria.

The lines at Lowes or Home Depot won't be as bad as that of Wal-Mart and Co. Things have changed because stores now make products available online 48hrs before Black Friday Sales.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 2:45am On Sep 16, 2014
it's on invoice. I didnt print it. See if you can check this out.http://www.ebay.com/itm/121368496867?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=420311427378&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
mufutau55:

OK. That is good then... Do they send you a PDF catalog you can send by email?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 2:55am On Sep 16, 2014
I've been searching for websites where they sell modern building materials in Nigeria with no success in the last two hours. How do I find the cost of kitchen and bathroom materials online in Nigeria?
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 3:59am On Sep 16, 2014
Empiree: it's on invoice. I didnt print it. See if you can check this out.http://www.ebay.com/itm/121368496867?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=420311427378&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thank you. Yes it does says "110-240V", I guess it's selectable... I will check them out too..

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 4:03am On Sep 16, 2014
FastShipping: I've been searching for websites where they sell modern building materials in Nigeria with no success in the last two hours. How do I find the cost of kitchen and bathroom materials online in Nigeria?

Try contacting "Rotecch77" in any of the thread listed below.. you will not regret it.. Many of us have gotten stuffs from him. Tell him I sent you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1490198/affordable-deal-england-water-closetspainitaly

https://www.nairaland.com/1431031/best-price-tileswater-closetpipes-fitting

https://www.nairaland.com/1790558/call-rotecch-77-today-best

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 8:30am On Sep 16, 2014
@ Oga Mufutau, empiree, fastshipping, I am enjoying this discussion too much. Listening and taking notes here. I want to learn more about bringing in quality building materials into this country.

Keep it coming my people.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
spyder880: @ Oga Mufutau, empiree, fastshipping, I am enjoying this discussion too much. Listening and taking notes here. I want to learn more about bringing in quality building materials into this country.
Keep it coming my people.

Thank you Sir, Our Oga Spyder . I know you are a lenient person.. I was thinking of creating a different thread and move all the lighting fixtures etc. like this into that thread.. but since you are also enjoying it, then we shall let it stay here..
We are glad Oga Empiree is shedding some lights into the importation of all this materials, and I will surely explore this too.
I have also been to ebay last night to look-see the items and I will keep exploring and getting back to the house here..

So Oga Empiree, please post more links and let everyone be exposed to all this materials... I am all for learning. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 12:02am On Sep 17, 2014
This #1 I purchased first. Forgot to add earlier. Still have some others currently waiting to be shipped.

>Pix 1 costs $188+$99shipping (eBay)
>Pix 2 costs $98.99+Free Shipping(eBay)
>Pix 3 costs $64.95 @ 2pics+6.99 combined shipping(eBay) via Kentucky.
This # 3, not sure of it voltage because seller didnt specify but I bought it anyways. However I sent him a msg to inquire about it. He will get back to me. He said if 120-240v is not specified, refund will be issued or replacement will be sent with west african voltage compatibility. I am not afraid of buying on eBay. Have been member since 2004.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:45am On Sep 17, 2014
Empiree: This #1 I purchased first. Forgot to add earlier. Still have some others currently waiting to be shipped.

>Pix 1 costs $188+$99shipping (eBay)
>Pix 2 costs $98.99+Free Shipping(eBay)
>Pix 3 costs $64.95 @ 2pics+6.99 combined shipping(eBay) via Kentucky.
This # 3, not sure of it voltage because seller didnt specify but I bought it anyways. However I sent him a msg to inquire about it. He will get back to me. He said if 120-240v is not specified, refund will be issued or replacement will be sent with west african voltage compatibility. I am not afraid of buying on eBay. Have been member since 2004.

Good stuff Empiree, you are really piling-up on those electrical stuffs oh.. I have also been searching various ones on Alibaba.
I like the #3 and for the price too, may be they can make it work in Nigeria it it's not 220V. Pls let us know.. I want some too..
Yeah! I have also been on Ebay for almost 100 years too, smiley I have over-spent on Photographic and DJ Audio Equipments on eBay, so I am taking a break for now; all this your new findings may make me go back there.

Note: Empiree, please when you receive the packages, make sure you open and inspect them to see and feel the quality of the products.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 3:27am On Sep 17, 2014
mufutau55:

Good stuff Empiree, you are really piling-up on those electrical stuffs oh.. I have also been searching various ones on Alibaba.
I like the #3 and for the price too, may be they can make it work in Nigeria it it's not 220V. Pls let us know.. I want some too..
Yeah! I have also been on Ebay for almost 100 years too, smiley I have over-spent on Photographic and DJ Audio Equipments on eBay, so I am taking a break for now; all this your new findings may make me go back there.

Note: Empiree, please when you receive the packages, make sure you open and inspect them to see and feel the quality of the products.

Hajji Mufutau
Sure, I always open them and check with listing to be sure it's accurate.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Bad news Hajji Mufu. The guy said it's not 220v. Will check to see similar with 220v.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Empiree: Bad news Hajji Mufu. The guy said it's not 220v. Will check to see similar with 220v.

Some told me they replace the wire and sockets inside the light case and be replaced with 220v equivalent... not sure how..
But to be safe I will demand the 220v equivalent, and I actually loved that chandelier light with the 5 bulbs. Keep us posted.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
mufutau55:

Some told me they replace the wire and sockets inside the light case and be replaced with 220v equivalent... not sure how..
But to be safe I will demand the 220v equivalent, and I actually loved that chandelier light with the 5 bulbs. Keep us posted.

Hajji M.
me too. in love with it. I won't send it back. I will hook it up in my place here. I hope wring can be switched to 220
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Empiree: me too. in love with it. I won't send it back. I will hook it up in my place here. I hope writing can be switched to 220

I think I will still buy one... and I am sure they will change in Nigeria.. Can you send me the link to it on eBay? Thanks.

Note: Oga Spyder, do you know anything about this? But I think Brabus told me that sometimes about the lights he bought from here.

I am talking about this from Kentucky... Is it really big because sometimes their picture can be misleading...
Pix 3 costs $64.95 @ 2pics+6.99 combined shipping(eBay) via Kentucky.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
mufutau55:

I am talking about this from Kentucky... Is it really big because sometimes their picture can be misleading...
Pix 3 costs $64.95 @ 2pics+6.99 combined shipping(eBay) via Kentucky.

Hajji Mufutau
It's 24'x15'. Link below. Also another link for identical stuff but different color.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360450452917?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=630037516505&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The other one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290694748160?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=590060603680&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hajji Mufu, your eyes love beta things. Not only you. Take a look how whopping 990 people bought this item. It must be lovely
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 3:33am On Sep 18, 2014
Empiree: It's 24'x15'. Link below. Also another link for identical stuff but different color.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360450452917?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=630037516505&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The other one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290694748160?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=590060603680&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hajji Mufu, your eyes love beta things. Not only you. Take a look how whopping 990 people bought this item. It must be lovely

Thank you my Brother.. I have taken a look at all of them and more on eBay... I will surely explore more and buy some of them...
I am still sure there is a way to modify them from 110/120v to 220/240v in Nigeria... I will put the question to Brabus again and let you know..

Empiree... Don't forget to look at the Solar powered lights too.. especially for the Outside/External Lights, plenty of Sun in Nigeria to charge them.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 3:45am On Sep 18, 2014
mufutau55:

I will put the question to Brabus again and let you know..
Thanks for this. I will be expecting

Empiree... Don't forget to look at the Solar powered lights too.. especially for the Outside/External Lights, plenty of Sun in Nigeria to charge them.

I truly appreciate this reminder. I will look out for them.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 4:56am On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=Empiree][/quote]

Empiree... Good news.. They will all work.. I just got an email from a trusted friend who is also a Nairalander and he bought all his lighting
fixtures from here too, and they are working well in Nigeria. All they will need to change is the light bulbs to 220/240v, there is no electrical
parts inside except the wirings and that will withstand the 220/240v. So, I think I will hit "Home Depot" and "Lowes" for more shopping.

Here is the exact quotes (2 lines) below from my friend:
"About the light, yes it will work fine all they have to do is replaced the bulb that comes with the box with Nigeria regular 220v"
"Yes sir, no need to rewired anything inside just replace the bulb and you are good to go sir."

Below you will some photos of low cost lighting packages I snapped when visiting Home Depot sometimes ago.
Nice to know that they will ALL work in Nigeria, by just replacing the bulbs with 220/240v bulbs used in Nigeria.

Disclaimer Note: Please buying 110/120v lighting fixtures and using them in Nigeria as 220/240v is at your own risk.
Don't risk of burning down your house, always look for 220/240v fixtures to be compatible with Nigeria voltage.

Hajji Mufutau

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 4:57am On Sep 18, 2014
more lights

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 5:08am On Sep 18, 2014
Hajj, are you and your source sure about this? We have to be careful in order to avoid electrical blast.

Please, ask from two more seasoned electricians in Nigeria before you embark on more electrical fitting shopping.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 5:12am On Sep 18, 2014
FastShipping: Hajj, are you and your source sure about this? We have to be careful in order to avoid electrical blast.
Please, ask from two more seasoned electricians in Nigeria before you embark on more electrical fitting shopping.

Sure.. I can and will ask more Electricians in Nigeria... but at present, my friend who confirmed it, also a Nairalander, is using them in Nigeria.
I will report back after more investigation. I could also test them with a wired 220/240v line/sockets for A/C etc here but nowhere to obtain 220/240v bulbs that I know around here, but I will keep looking/searching...

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 5:15am On Sep 18, 2014
mufutau55:

Sure.. I can and will ask more Electricians in Nigeria... but at present, my friend who confirmed it, also a Nairalander, is using them in Nigeria.
I will report back after more investigation. I could also test them with a wired 220/240v line/sockets for A/C etc here but nowhere to obtain 220/240v bulbs that I know around here, but I will keep looking/searching...

Hajji Mufutau

Please, do more research and let us know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

UK Tenant Moves Out From House, Leaving 5,000 Beer Cans Filled With Urine( Pix) / Ten (10) Of The Richest And Wealthiest Neighborhoods In Nigeria / NCDMB: The Tallest Building In Bayelsa State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.