Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (161348 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
Goodbye Korra

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2014
More thoughts on Korrasami:

- Korra and Asami are not lesbians. They both recognized the hotness of Mako and did hit it repeatedly. What they're doing now is purely by choice. They are basically experimenting with lesbianism just because they enjoy each others' company. Not because they were born that way.

- It's obvious in retrospect that Korra x Asami was going to happen. "Oh Asami, you're the only one I feel I can talk to about how I'm feeling." Mako x Korra wasn't progressing and Asami had no love interest whatsoever, but her 'friendship' with Korra was growing alarmingly strong.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
peterphd:
you're a feminist sympathizer? that's a hard one to swallow
I'd call myself a feminist, but I'm a man, so I'm just a sympathiser. I like women who are truly great (& not just in female stuff like fashion!)

pasqal09:
So the avatar is a lesbian now?
Yep. A strong female lesbian avatar. That is what the last 7 seasons have been leading to. [s](actually, she's just experimenting, or bisexual)[/s]

[s]More thoughts on the stereotypes this ending is enabling:
- "If a woman is physically very strong and very brave, self-sacrificial, and independent, then she must be a lesbian" ("Yes, like Korra" )
- "If a woman is very focused on technology and business, and rich, and independent, then she must be a lesbian" ("Yes, like Asami" )[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 7:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
pasqal09:
Goodbye Korra
After this I don't think they'll let the producers of this show make any more children's shows.

joywendy:
cheesy cheesy
so much i wanna say
Lets wait till evening at least many people like ujsizzle,saintneo, cao,pickabeau1, etc would have watched it by then.
my opinion smiley
Thread unlocked; pls say it!

slyowokoya:

So much to say! Need to say smiley
Thread unlocked; pls say it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 7:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
Well, the lesbian thing gave me quite a shock but let's look on the bright side. So everybody, who's your favorite villain?

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
Blah Seun. Korra and Asami aren't lesbians. Females tend to build strong friendship bonds...very very strong ones, and don't mind expressing themselves tongue
Unlike men grin

Then again, I really like how this show portrayed feminine strength: Independence, kickass, and yet beautifully fragile. The writers didn't infuse masculine traits in the female characters and that was just superb kiss

Korra grew a lot throughout the series (evident from being self-sacrificial to save Kuvira). She went from being hot headed, to a very mature woman.
If this isn't a journey worth loving I don't know what else smiley

Oh and Prince Wu surprised me! cheesy So love how they brought back the badger moles from TLOA book 2 (Earth). I remember how the moles listened to those travelers sing while Team Avatar were headed to Omashu.

Awesome finale I have to say. Varrick made me tickle too grin
And everyone was really ready to die to save republic city. It's awesome.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 7:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
pasqal09:
Well, the lesbian thing gave me quite a shock but let's look on the bright side. So everybody, who's your favorite villain?
I can't even choose sef. Korra had formidable enemies but Kuvira would have to take it for being crazy and daring.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by edi287: 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
pasqal09:
Amon...definition of a true villian.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 8:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
edi287:

UjSizzle:

I can't even choose sef. Korra had formidable enemies but Kuvira would have to take it for being crazy and daring.
I'll go for zaheer, the guy is just too smart.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by edi287: 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
Didn't like the season finale...this whole "korrasami" overshadowed it. Kuvira turned out to be a weakling.

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Collinz2(m): 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
pasqal09:
unalaq the only villain that accomplished his goal b4 he was defeated with wayo.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
The lesbianism conclusion seem heart-breaking.There was no actual profession of love between them. It's just a sort of inference, can't two ppl be close without being gay?

4 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by edi287: 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
pasqal09:

I'll go for zaheer, the guy is just too smart.
Yep, but amon is more powerful. Zaheer would've lost to tenzin if he didn't get help.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
edi287:

Amon was the scariest, the tot of some1 who cld take away ur bending.... erase part of ur being

3 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by edi287: 8:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
bataderemi:
The lesbianism conclusion seem heart-breaking.There was no actual profession of love between them. It's just a sort of inference, can't two ppl be close without being gay?
No i blame Mako for playing with both of them...got them "experimenting".

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 8:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
UjSizzle:
Blah Seun. Korra and Asami aren't lesbians. Females tend to build strong friendship bonds...very very strong ones, and don't mind expressing themselves tongue
Unlike men grin
Ok. I don't know why I feel so angry about it, anyway. It's just a cartoon. Korra and Asami are not real. At my age I should know this.

pasqal09:
The Red Lotus were the most powerful villains by far, but I think Amon's brilliance and hype made him the most interesting villain overall.

I think Kuvira was very dumb in the finale. She shouldn't have fought Team Korra with a single vehicle carrying a single weapon, & no backup. She brought an entire army with her for Christs' sake, yet she chose to fight alone. Even after losing the weapon, she didn't call for backup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by saintneo(m): 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
joywendy:
cheesy cheesy

so much i wanna say

Lets wait till evening at least many people like ujsizzzle,saintneo, caao,pickaabeau1, ettc would have watched it by then.

my opinion smiley

Tough call on Korra/Asami, I don't know if I would be interested in any future Avatar.

Korra, a true definition of growth/maturity, the creators did a good job. She didn't bother to use Avatar powers on Kuvira.

Virus thingy by Asami's dad, very perfect; one of the most potent way to take down a great adversary.

Kuvira's surrender to Korra is awesome, I bet her jail cell will be a suspended wooden cage. Suyin is a very serious woman, she has no mercy in her mouth.

Varrick/Zhuli, I just loved it when they did the thing.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by edi287: 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
bataderemi:

Amon was the scariest, the tot of some1 who cld take away ur bending.... erase part of ur being
Yep...plus he controls your bending with his mind.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
the finale was definitely EPIC!!!
the zeal everyone put in was commendable, too bad baatar Jr. was totally useless.
Anyway, 2 ladies deciding to take a vacation to the spirit world doesn't really mean they are lesbians... I mean friends do that alotta times.

the most inspiring and exciting part was verrick and zhu-lee... -BEST COUPLE OF THE AVATAR UNIVERSE yet. Verrick lines were epic, gonna borrow it when I wanna propose to cao[kidding]grin

so Korra is over, I'm off to watch the mid season finale of THE 100 season 2... see y'all later

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 8:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
edi287:

Yep...plus he controls your bending with his mind.

Not mind, he's just one very good blood bender.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
edi287:

No i blame Mako for playing with both of them...got them "experimenting".
lol
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 8:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
@Seun, she came with backup and Varrick got rid of them with the electromagnetic pulse (or something like that).
Then again, this giant was supposed to be the super machine. Bet she didn't imagine anyone would get through to the inside....and that would have been the case had Asami's father not been summoned.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 9:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
Omo see me watching it in the cold a$$ train station, they thought I was crazy. I continued watching it after I arrived at my stop, see me walking and watching and praying I wouldn't get hit or something. Chei! Butt kicking at its finest, the animators killed it. They might have tidied up the storyline a little too neat, but I hail them.

@Preboy, "do the thing" is now the new "will you marry me".

The ending with Korra & Asami will give the Korrasami shippers new life (they might have died and are currently experiencing rebirth). Yes, it's a thing.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
cao:
Omo see me watching it in the cold a$$ train station, they thought I was crazy. I continued watching it after I arrived at my stop, see me walking and watching and praying I wouldn't get hit or something. Chei! Butt kicking at its finest, the animators killed it. They might have tidied up the storyline a little too neat, but I hail them.

@Preboy, "do the thing" is now the new "will you marry me".

The ending with Korra & Asami will give the Korrasami shippers new life (they might have died and are currently experiencing rebirth). Yes, it's a thing.
train station in 9ja?undecided... "will you marry me" is kinda lame and old fashioned, I'm kinda loving the remakegrin

I still don't think Korra and Asami are lesbians, I mean itz juz a goddamn vacation
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
UjSizzle:
@Seun, she came with backup and Varrick got rid of them with the electromagnetic pulse (or something like that). Then again, this giant was supposed to be the super machine. Bet she didn't imagine anyone would get through to the inside....and that would have been the case had Asami's father not been summoned.
Actually, Kuvira's fight with Team Avatar started before the EMP was fired, and at no point was she assisted by her mecha troops, even though the Colossus with its single clumsy weapon was not well suited for fighting with individual benders (it was too big and too slow). After the EMP was fired, she could have taken out the building it was sent from with one blast and immediately called for more backup, but she didn't.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
Awesome Korra, awesome team avatar. It immediately reminded me of team Aang against the fire Nation. Held my breath almost all through the show, I was a little disappointed that Korra didn't go avatar till the end.
I'm not sure how I feel about Korrasami, still confused about it. I hope it just a vacation, I'm tried of writers turning very same sex thing into a 'thing'.
Call me crazy, my weekend is full, i'll be watching TLK season 4 from start to glorious finish. smiley
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by sosiqdude(m): 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
Seun:

Actually, Kuvira's fight with Team Avatar started before the EMP was fired, and at no point was she assisted by her mecha troops, even though the Colossus with its single clumsy weapon was not well suited for fighting with individual benders (it was too big and too slow). After the EMP was fired, she could have taken out the building it was sent from with one blast and immediately called for more backup, but she didn't.

Good day sir...I'm greeting
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
Preboy:

train station in 9ja?undecided... "will you marry me" is kinda lame and old fashioned, I'm kinda loving the remakegrin

I still don't think Korra and Asami are lesbians, I mean itz juz a goddamn vacation

Well trains are rampant here in England.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
cao:

Well trains are rampant here in England.
that pretty much explains it, anyway what's your thought on the korraasami saga, do you think they are now a couple?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
Seun nailed it about her not targeting the building immediately. She wasted no time in hitting team avatar and her guy. That scene spurned an instant desire for me to write the perfect villain. Shame, I'm too lazy and tired and I'm still at the cinema (good old Bollywood films and their intermissions.)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.