Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (161537 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
Preboy:

that pretty much explains it, anyway what's your thought on the korraasami saga, do you think they are now a couple?
I didn't used to see them as one, but they've been rather close this season & the subtext in the last 2 minutes of the finale was rather intense, I had to stop walking to watch that scene properly, I expect trillions of fanfics to be written based on that scene. My intermission will soon be over, so I will take a while to reply.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 11:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
Now this is superb! cool

Korra bending such amount of raw spiritual energy is just too breath taking, Mako using General Iroh's lighting technique actually rings a bell grin, Azami's father dieing like a true hero...

You just really need to see how Tenzin looked in that air bending suit grin, awkward I may say for an air bending master but desperate times call for desperate measures.

@korrasmi, I guess it's the lesbians that arrived at that conclusion, nothing romantic happened between them.

At least this particular season didn't end with any trauma of some sort, which in turn means; an action filled season ahead and I can see the next season already. wink

Avatar Korra, I duff my hat! angry
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by lovaleenny(f): 11:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
Guykhena:
This gotta be the best series finale I've seen in a while.
I was looking forward in seeing some kinda suspense/end credits scene in the end(marvel style smiley ) ,but glad they made it clear its over..

Now that's outta the way, Nickelodeon get back to Zuko's Mother storyline,you just can't leave us in the dark angry

they already did the zuko's mother storyline...just download the avatar comics it shows how republic city was formed after the 100 year war and how zuko and azula went in search of their mother with aang, katara and sokka as their companions...the comic is still on going
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by edi287: 4:03am On Dec 20, 2014
Karleb:
Now this is superb! cool

Korra bending such amount of raw spiritual energy is just too breath taking, Mako using General Iroh's lighting technique actually rings a bell grin, Azami's father dieing like a true hero...

You just really need to see how Tenzin looked in that air bending suit grin, awkward I may say for an air bending master but desperate times call for desperate measures.

@korrasmi, I guess it's the lesbians that arrived at that conclusion, nothing romantic happened between them.

At least this particular season didn't end with any trauma of some sort, which in turn means; an action filled season ahead and I can see the next season already. wink

Avatar Korra, I duff my hat! angry
Apparently one of the writers on the shows confirmed it...still can't get my head around it.
For some strange reason Asami now looks masculine to me.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 6:07am On Dec 20, 2014
Criticisms aside, it was a great finale. I love the fact that Korra didn't win by just going into Avatar mode to overwhelm her opponent like Aang did in the finale of the first series. I love the teamwork involved in trying to take down the Colossus. I love how Asami's dad redeemed himself. I love Korra's energy bending and creation of the spirit portal and how it impressed Kuvira so much that she decided to turn herself in; Korra really proved herself to be a worthy avatar. I'm happy for Zhu Li and Varrick and not surprised; as early as season 1 he was naming ships after her.

And I am actually glad that Korra and Asami each found someone who understands them and makes them happy, even though I wish the family-friendliness of the show was not sacrificed to promote gay experimentation. I'm surprised that most people are not angry about it and maybe this means society is more liberal than I thought.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 6:10am On Dec 20, 2014
edi287:

Apparently one of the writers on the shows confirmed it...still can't get my head around it.

Asami? Masculine? That's a strange thought. She wears too much makeup. If I will allow myself discuss this Korrasami thing, then Korra is the masculine one. She has always been.

4 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 6:20am On Dec 20, 2014
That last scene was deliberate. If they had just walked hand in hand into the spirit portal, I think I could have handled that well. But it's the way they looked at each other that gave me the creeps. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 20, 2014
edi287:

did you just put Asami and masculine in one sentence?undecided
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by edi287: 6:31am On Dec 20, 2014
Preboy:

did you just put Asami and masculine in one sentence?undecided
I did say "strange"...she doesn't look all pristine to me anymore.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2014
slyowokoya:
That last scene was deliberate. If they had just walked hand in hand into the spirit portal, I think I could have handled that well. But it's the way they looked at each other that gave me the creeps. undecided
My heart started getting broken when I noticed that Korra was sitting next to Asami and not Mako during the wedding. Then her chat with Mako placed him firmly in the friend zone. Then Asami got rid of Tenzin to have some time alone with Korra. Then Asami equated the importance of Korra in her life to her father's. Then they decided to go on a 'vacation to the spirit world' together, "just the two of us". Then they walked all the way to the spirit portal and entered it while holding hands and I could not deny what was happening anymore. Their final lingering gaze as they held hands and the episode ended removed all doubt. It crushed my soul but I guess they deserve whatever makes them happy after what they have both been through - especially poor Asami heh.

And yea, there is nothing masculine about Asami. She was the classy babe of the Korra universe. The Korra relationship doesn't change that for me; she is still the "vulnerable" one.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 7:22am On Dec 20, 2014
edi287:

Masculine ke? Asami never showed any form of masculinity.

I don't know why I'm finding this korasami thing disturbing! sad They should kill it off already.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2014
Could this be Feminist at work, or what?

Firstly, it was "many female character that matters" and the hype the writer gave Kuvira throughout the book is one of a kind, if you doubt me just go and re-watch the previous season.

...and now someone wants to take the two girls out of the bosom of Mako and join them together?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 8:03am On Dec 20, 2014
I love how folks forget there is bisexuality (and other terms like pansexual, omnisexual and the unofficial one - try-sexual). Folks can be funny that way, they assume you're either straight or gay, no in-between, no nothing (asexual, yes that's also a thing) or otherwise.

Apparently, I've opened NL to another level...On Korrasami, I never really saw it in the first 2 seasons, but in the last 2 seasons they grew closer and I started noticing the subtext, by the last scene of the series finale, it moved to main-text. Look at it this way, would anybody have doubted it if that scene played out the exact way with Mako?

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 20, 2014
please anyone with links to episode 11 soul reaper zone doesn't work on my phone
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Callfubu(m): 8:21am On Dec 20, 2014
benodic:
@nani.666

please can you kindly direct me to a website or link where i can download the legend of korra. i am an ardent fan of the series. thanks
mobtvseries.net you will see it there
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2014
tensazangetsu:
please anyone with links to episode 11 soul reaper zone doesn't work on my phone
http://v1709.wapka-file.com//g03/video/24534801/2359384/a0ea0XCi5EIWKPUwGbtb76kmSacEESpa%5E8ZLE2CmVYPDhBAu2A/5d35a.avi?md5=YBnhRd-1OQSAvRP9cLaxCg&expires=1419320317
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by clubone05: 8:58am On Dec 20, 2014
Seun:

My heart started getting broken when I noticed that Korra was sitting next to Asami and not Mako during the wedding. Then her chat with Mako placed him firmly in the friend zone. Then Asami got rid of Tenzin to have some time alone with Korra. Then Asami equated the importance of Korra in her life to her father's. Then they decided to go on a 'vacation to the spirit world' together, "just the two of us". Then they walked all the way to the spirit portal and entered it while holding hands and I could not deny what was happening anymore. Their final lingering gaze as they held hands and the episode ended removed all doubt. It crushed my soul but I guess they deserve whatever makes them happy after what they have both been through - especially poor Asami heh.

And yea, there is nothing masculine about Asami. She was the classy babe of the Korra universe. The Korra relationship doesn't change that for me; she is still the "vulnerable" one.

bro you be writing romance novels for a living. ..wa ta baje...

Well..the last scene now has everyone wondering what next..good writing. ..I guess they'll do a comic spinoff. .korrasmi..lol..gay as!!!

Where was the young fire lord at the end...wimp of life.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 9:55am On Dec 20, 2014
clubone05:

bro you be writing romance novels for a living. ..wa ta baje...

Well..the last scene now has everyone wondering what next..good writing. ..I guess they'll do a comic spinoff. .korrasmi..lol..gay as!!!

Where was the young fire lord at the end...wimp of life.
Young fire lord? The firelord is an elderly woman
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by clubone05: 12:01pm On Dec 20, 2014
pasqal09:

I meant the general of the Republic city army.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
clubone05:

I meant the general of the Republic city army.

Hmm... you are so right. I always wanted to see a fire bender (Zuko) with a water bender (Kitara). I think Korra could have been nicely coupled with that young General. He sound like Zuko.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by saintneo(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
slyowokoya:

Hmm... you are so right. I always wanted to see a fire bender (Zuko) with a water bender (Kitara). I think Korra could have been nicely coupled with that young General. He sound like Zuko.

On your last sentence, Zuko and Iroh were voiced by the same Asian-American dude.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
Is dat d season finale or its d series finale?....
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
damilola5019:
Is dat d season finale or its d series finale?....

Series finale, the Avatar saga is no more...at least on tv.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
saintneo:

On your last sentence, Zuko and Iroh were voiced by the same Asian-American dude.

Dante Basco.

UPDATE: Can't believe I spelt his surname incorrectly (Basco NOT Brisco).

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
cao:

Awwww....not fair...and d shity series still continue while d gud ones are ending
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
cao:

you mean there isn't going to be a new avatar or what?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Leobreezy(m): 7:17am On Dec 21, 2014
Please can anyone in the house post a link to episodes 12 and 13? Please, I'd really appreciate the help, thanks
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 11:56am On Dec 21, 2014
Bolin's lava bending

When watched season 3 I offten pondered on why Bolin could not metal bend, then he found that he could lava bend. It is my opinion that metal bending I'd so much cooler then lava bending, and I was a little disappointed that Bolin couldn't metal bend.

Of cause now I realise that lava bending came more naturally to Bolin because of his parental lineage, his father was a earth bender while his mother was a fire bender! That makes so much sense! grin

3 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Lordaweezy: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
Am so confused right now

Is s4 e11 not the latest episode?

Cos some homies here are discussing bout kuvira's defeat and I ain't there yet!!!

If you wanna be of help holla me with some links
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
slyowokoya:
Bolin's lava bending

When watched season 3 I offten pondered on why Bolin could not metal bend, then he found that he could lava bend. It is my opinion that metal bending I'd so much cooler then lava bending, and I was a little disappointed that Bolin couldn't metal bend.

Of cause now I realise that lava bending came more naturally to Bolin because of his parental lineage, his father was a earth bender while his mother was a fire bender! That makes so much sense! grin

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 1:12am On Dec 22, 2014
pasqal09:

Actually, the Firelord is not an elderly woman. Or have you forgotten the woman with the glasses during the conference with Wu, Reiko & co about a preemptive strike on Kuvira? Ms. I'll-not-attack-Kuvira-because-the-Fire-Nation-still-has-to-redeem-themselves-after-my-great-grandfather-messed-up-the-balance-and-my-father-etcetera-etcetera-etcetera...
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 6:52am On Dec 22, 2014
cao:

Actually, the Firelord is not an elderly woman. Or have you forgotten the woman with the glasses during the conference with Wu, Reiko & co about a preemptive strike on Kuvira? Ms. I'll-not-attack-Kuvira-because-the-Fire-Nation-still-has-to-redeem-themselves-after-my-great-grandfather-messed-up-the-balance-and-my-father-etcetera-etcetera-etcetera...
That's who I was talking about naa. Zuko's daughter. Isn't she elderly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.