Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Best Paying Company In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paying Company In Nigeria? (243618 Views)

Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. / Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World / Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2006
as for moi, I would love to wok with the Canadian Embassy in VI or multinationals, tongue
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by maki(f): 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2006
thesed ays telecom companies pays well
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2006
Hotstepper:

@clocky, true talk, people alwayz think oil companies pay more than others and as you said, there r other small compaines and private owned maybe that pays more. for example, 2 weeks ago, a familyfriend of mine went back to Nigeria because she got a job at diz business company, I think it is privatey owned and shez going to be paid 10 million annually with car and house as per relocating 4rom Canada and she just finished her MBA in diz June

we're talking entry level here. as in, fresh graduate, no work experience bla bla bla.
Entry level doesnt mean when ure just joining the company. What was she doing before the MBA? What's her position in the company? Vital questions.

Christino:

These oil companies have contracted people to set exams for them, if you say Chevron is hard, Man, Mobil was my first and I believe 1998 jamb was derived from it.

Aw c'mon man. 1998 JAMB was a roll in the hay compared to 1997 jamb. Highest in naija was like 269 (or 271). Only about 5% of my classmates crossed d magic 200 mark. yours truly limped home with 207. 1998 JAMB had far better results.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2006
@texazzpete , she haven't worked before, she finished her undergrad. in da states and came 2 canada immediately for her masters and finished this year's June and bearly 3 weeks, she got the job and left for Nigeria
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2006
Average take home for Shell N400,000
Average for Mobil N350,000

For the banks, you have to be at least an AGM to earn that much undecided
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by pfowighz(m): 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2006
Mystique: Are the values you stated here for "ENTRY-LEVEL"?

And does anyone know about the telecoms industry average values for ENTRY-LEVEL? Don't they have any special programs like Shell's SITP?

And I know that working conditions and potential for growth in Oil companies is like the BOMB. Does this in any way apply also to telecom firms? I hear Glo change staff like worn out stockings shocked grin
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Christino(m): 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2006
Please let's leave job security for another thread, it's a whole FACULTY on its own. IN Nigeria, anything goes, Labour is powerless. Let's create a thread for that instead. There are books waiting at the publishers on this topic.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by dipotepede(m): 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2006
Highest Paying Company?

What is your criteria for judgement?

Do you mean basic salary or bulk or renumerations?

The highest paying company (I know) in Nigeria is Technip with a bulk salary of more than N600,000 per month for fresh graduates and a one year compulsory training in France where you are paid in Euro.

I am sure this is not a popular company. It is based on this premise that you can never know the highest paying company in Nigeria,
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2006
Mystique:

I beg to differ with the Shell figures.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by SirKay3(m): 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2006
@ All,

Chevron should be the first, because of the strong union and the very best welfare packages you can think of in the oil industry.

This is what I know very well, but will not want to disclose anything further than this.

Getting jobs in Chevron is as easy as anything you can think of, so far you have the brains and very intelligent. Indigenes of oil producing area stands most chance with these qualities. The problem is that Chevron rarely advertise vacancies and most of the staff are on contract
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by zebudaya(m): 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2006
you say its very easy to get a job at chevron and you forget that having the brains and being intelligent are tought to accomplish
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by somebody(f): 7:15am On Jul 19, 2006
Mystique:

Please where did you get that figure from? So not true. My friend that just got a job with Shell with a few years experience is not even getting N400,000 basic. Is the figure you are stating for entry-level as in graduate level. All this talk about union and negotations is getting me confused. Give me facts and not negotation talks. Shell's basic pay is N250000, a few thousands more or less but def not as high Mobil's N350000. This is backed with evidence of pple I know that just got jobs with them not just hearsay. Ask Shell employees, they'll tell you sef that Mobil pays better. At least when I asked the pple in my family that work there, they agreed so not sure bout this union talk.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2006
Wel, i know someone in shell who earns that much now

***started at entry level two years ago***
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by pfowighz(m): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2006
@ Christino

Well, I actually ain't really asking for any in-depth coverage, my major point is that (since this thread is not just for Oil Comps, (aight?)) what are average vals in the telecom industry? cuz I know of someone with 1-yr experience with a small masts and networks firm earning 50k who landed a Glo job at 250k and after 2 yrs there he's now at V-mobile at 350k all per month. So, just askin is that a rare case or even small compared with other stuff u've heard?

Also, cud he have entered say glo entry level? If so, what wud be the pay? Do they have Training Progs?

Cheers
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2006
pfowighz:

Well, I actually ain't really asking for any in-depth coverage, my major point is that (since this thread is not just for Oil Comps, (aight?)) what are average vals in the telecom industry? because I know of someone with 1-yr experience with a small masts and networks firm earning 50k who landed a Glo job at 250k and after 2 years there he's now at V-mobile at 350k all per month. So, just askin is that a rare case or even small compared with other stuff u've heard?

Cheers

Does glo really pay that much?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by fabian(f): 11:45am On Jul 19, 2006
Guys! C'mmon! Are you kidding me Y'all know that the Federal Government pays best! OBJ is the highest paid nigerian on d planet! lol
*seriously though, not to offend anyone but does this question have an answer?*
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Viper(m): 11:57am On Jul 19, 2006
ehen! na glo i dey go now grin
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2006
Ahah, me too o! grin
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Viper(m): 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2006
Mystique:

Ahah, me too o! grin

lmao.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by somebody(f): 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2006
Mystique:

Wel, i know someone in shell who earns that much now

***started at entry level two years ago***

My point exactly. Would a fresh graduate earn that much??
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by crito(m): 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2006
its
1. conoco-phillips
2. lng
3. mobil
4. shell
5. chevron
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Viper(m): 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2006
crito:

its
1. conoco-phillips
2. lng
3. mobil
4. shell
5. chevron
conoco-philips ke! who told u that?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Christino(m): 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2006
The Highest Paying Company in Nigeria is the People's Democratic Party (PDP) followed by The House of Assembly.

1 Like

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 8:03am On Jul 21, 2006
Christino:

The Highest Paying Company in Nigeria is the People's Democratic Party (PDP) followed by The House of Assembly.

Tru Dat grin

crito:

its
1. conoco-phillips

And how much do they pay? undecided
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2006
The entry level for companies differ you can't expect someone with BSC AND MSC to earn tHe same salary wit someone with BSC and someone that schooled abroad to earn the same entry level salary as someone that schooled in nigeria.The starting salary for an engineer working in shell america is $4000 DOLLARS.If you schooled abroad you can start with a salary of more than N350,000 in oil companies.

1 Like

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 9:29am On Jul 21, 2006
What is the point of this thread really? Knowing that Mobil pays highest doesn't make me a Mobil staff does it?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 10:06am On Jul 21, 2006
Chxta:

What is the point of this thread really? Knowing that Mobil pays highest doesn't make me a Mobil staff does it?

No it doesnt, but it points you in d right direction shld u decide to quit ur job embarassed
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by jbyno: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2006
Hey people! does anyone know how much fresh graduates are paid in NNPC?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2006
About 60k a month
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by crito(m): 3:50am On Jul 22, 2006
pls how much does chevron,lng and global fleet pay.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by ifemide: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2006
Well, i think it is either Shell, Mobil or Accenture
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Oracle(m): 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2006
what about the breweries?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.