Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Best Paying Company In Nigeria? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paying Company In Nigeria? (243756 Views)

Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. / Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World / Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Ajaxtrojan: 11:50pm On Jan 17, 2010
From the information gathered on this forum I will assume that TOTAL,MOBIL and CHEVRON are amongst the higest paying companies in Nigeria.
Additional question, does anyone know anything about the REFINING & MARKETING sections of these companies regarding salaries and entry test routines?
A bit off topic, I know,but indulge me. smiley
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by debosky007: 1:25am On May 31, 2010
guess you guys aint getting it well. entry level is relative. i have someone that left a company and went to another after 4years and he gets more than 13million after tax per annum. please what do you mean as entry?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by scantee(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2010
@topic
The highest pay company now for my own opinion is LNG, i have worked with Exxon-Mobil and Shell, and am currently working with LNG here in Bonny Island, as some one has said before LNG takes care of their staff more than any other oil companies. talking of the salary it depends on your field of specialization, i am into IT Department and i know we are really comfortable with the salary. for more info you can mail me (scanteebest@yahoo.co.uk) i will break down the requirements and their employment procedures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by eresource(m): 11:24am On Jun 01, 2010
Is this post really as far back as 2006?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Obijulius: 9:11am On Jul 27, 2010
@ scantee

Can u update me on the LNG interview process & competency test?

what can i expect?

Tnx.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by maddog100: 12:38am On Sep 28, 2010
guys, spark working for shell in nigeria -how much a day ,in what currency.cheers

1 Like

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by ALADE4J2: 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2010
Anybody in the house, pls I need SHL test questions. God bless u
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2011
Na wa o! What of NNPC? How much dem dey pay?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by andrewsega(m): 1:51pm On Mar 15, 2011
I think it is Cheveron, that is if you are considering the private companies

1 Like

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Ikazuagbe(m): 12:44pm On May 02, 2011
How much does Nigerian Bottling Company (NBC) plc. pay for shift quality assurance manager,

1 Like

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Ikazuagbe(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2011
How much does Nigerian Bottling Company Plc. pay for entry level ?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by dsaynt: 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hiya people,
Does any one have an idea of what the salary is like at South Atlantic Petroluem (SAPETRO)? (Danjuma's company) is it regarded as one of the top paying local E & P companies? what of Oando? I hear they pay quite well too, any truth in this?
please can u guys give me a list f the top paying local oil & gas companies? I'm not even looking at the oil majors, too much hassle to get in.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by sweeteasy(m): 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
Guess i stumbled on this rather late, i work with one of the multinationals and all i can say is that Kurunmi gave an accurate description on how it works. The pay is really crazy, but what u guys are also missing is that d tax is also very crazy for a country where nothing really ever works well, na y i dey always vex 4 policemen anytime dem do anyhow, like say make i give dem hot slap angry

1 Like

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by dsaynt: 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2011
Another question: do these LOCAL oil companies pay well? do they pay as well as the multi nationals? I mean, some of them just bought oil blocks so they too have become producers of oil.
Please can someone give me a list of the highest paying local E&P oil companies in Nigeria. I've heard that Sahara Energy, NigerDelta E&P Ltd, Seven Energy, SEPLAT, Conoil, Afren(First Hydrocarbon) are amongst the high payers? Any truth in that? Someone should please help me answer this. Thanks
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by graper: 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2011
wat of oando plc? do they ppay alot. how much is their entry level in the finance department
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Puvguy: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2011
^ Oga Ajalekoko pls kindly delete the above. She/he is confused to put it mildly.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by dsaynt: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2011
I do believe that Oando pays quite well. I don't know about entry level but I know a girl that has just been there for about 3yrs and earns like 650k a month. I also know of someone that is entry level Seplat and earns about 300k a month.
But common guys , which ones r paying quite well? spill d beans.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by thomasjohn: 1:01am On Jul 07, 2011
pls wats the current entry level salary for shell,I mean the technical graduates?
this will be very helpful to put to rest an argument i had wit a friend.
thanx
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2011
A finance friend in Shell earns 750k per month.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:24am On Jul 07, 2011
Jarus:

A finance friend in Shell earns 750k per month.

Entry level?

If not, how many years experience?

Is that after tax?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by thomasjohn: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2011
thank Jarus,but is he entry level,dat is,fresh grad?

1 Like

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 10:47am On Jul 07, 2011
@OP

Concerning this thread, I have a question even.
Why do people continually ask how much is paid as salary in various companies? Someone even posted a thread the other day asking how much WAEC pays as salary.
Do you even have a choice of employment in Nigeria? People haven't even gotten past general aptitude tests, and they're busy trying to spend money they haven't even earned. Excuse my French, but I think such people are the reason why Nigeria isn't productive. These jobs aren't lottery tickets, they're jobs. Focus on getting in and building your career, and bother less about what the company pays as wages.

2 Likes

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by thomasjohn: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2011
^^^
I smwhat agree wit u but not totally,nobody will work for free,not even you,i reckon you have a high-paying job,even if it is your fathers company no one will work for the family for free,and the money serves as a form of motivation. If you have two people doing the same work but with different salaries,their output is not likely to be the same. If given a very high salary,you will want to work at your optimum performance so as to justify that salary.
In an ideal situation ppl should do jobs dat they enjoy,dat they have passion for,but still the bottom line is,we are all in it for the money,how good you work wont pay your bills,the money will.
hence its not a crime to inquire about salaries so dat you hav a heads up and so dat you are not short-changed by the organization you are goin to work for.

1 Like

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2011
thomasjohn:

^^^
I smwhat agree wit u but not totally,nobody will work for free,not even you,i reckon you have a high-paying job,even if it is your fathers company no one will work for the family for free,and the money serves as a form of motivation. If you have two people doing the same work but with different salaries,their output is not likely to be the same. If given a very high salary,you will want to work at your optimum performance so as to justify that salary.
In an ideal situation ppl should do jobs dat they enjoy,dat they have passion for,but still the bottom line is,we are all in it for the money,how good you work wont pay your bills,the money will.
hence its not a crime to inquire about salaries so dat you hav a heads up and so dat you are not short-changed by the organization you are goin to work for.

Nobody asked you to work for free.
Shell has a salary scale for entry level, and they're not likely to change it for you,or give you headroom to negotiate your own pay.
So if the pay is not up to your 'expectation', what will you do? Will you turn down the job?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by TeeJay6(m): 11:09am On Jul 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

@OP

Concerning this thread, I have a question even.
Why do people continually ask how much is paid as salary in various companies? Someone even posted a thread the other day asking how much WAEC pays as salary.
Do you even have a choice of employment in Nigeria? People haven't even gotten past general aptitude tests, and they're busy trying to spend money they haven't even earned. Excuse my French, but I think such people are the reason why Nigeria isn't productive. These jobs aren't lottery tickets, they're jobs. Focus on getting in and building your career, and bother less about what the company pays as wages.
agree with you sir, people need to realise that companies will always pay top dollar for people who can add value/make telling contribution to the "bottom line". Entry-level staff who are still learning the ropes are hardly going to be in a position to offer much in the short-term hence the need to focus more on acquiring experience
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by thomasjohn: 11:12am On Jul 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Nobody asked you to work for free.
Shell has a salary scale for entry level, and they're not likely to change it for you,or give you headroom to negotiate your own pay.
So if the pay is not up to your 'expectation', what will you do? Will you turn down the job?

smiley i know shell has an entry level salary scale and its non-negotiable, what i just want to know is "how much is it for technical graduates".
thank you
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by jaybee3(m): 11:17am On Jul 07, 2011
thomasjohn:

smiley i know shell has an entry level salary scale tongue tongue tongue and its non-negotiable, cool cool what i just want to know is "how much is it for technical graduates".
thank you
ggggrrrrhhhhh
Entry level salary scale applies to all graduates
The actual pay may defer cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by thomasjohn: 11:22am On Jul 07, 2011
ok jay bee,
what the difference between salary and actual pay,can you help break it for me.
thanx
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by jaybee3(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2011
Salary scale = > Range from Min to Max
Actual pay = > Any agreed figure within the scale

R you sure u r actually ready to venture into world of employment cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by thomasjohn: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2011
jay bee:

Salary scale = > Range from Min to Max
Actual pay = > Any agreed figure within the scale

R you sure u r actually ready to venture into world of employment cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

thanx,why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.