Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,023 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Best Paying Company In Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paying Company In Nigeria? (243599 Views)

Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. / Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World / Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 7:49am On Jul 24, 2006
ifemide:

Well, i think it is either Shell, Mobil or Accenture

Accenture doesnt pay that much o!
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by babe1(f): 7:50am On Jul 24, 2006
wow, i bet dearie is confused by now. Well my husband is a petroleum engineer but he is not in Nigeria so i guess i can't say who pays more. I should ask him tho regardless.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Christino(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2006
How about P&G and PWC
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by dearie(m): 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2006
Well, so much has been scribbled about oil companies and the telecomms. How about the manufacturing companies like Nigerian breweries, Guinness, WAMCO (Friesland)? I sure know they may not be paying as much as the oil companies, what could be the figures?

How about the aviation sector, like Virgin Nigeria, british airways, Emirates air, swiss air, aero contractors etc., I hear they pay very juicy salaries too.

Then u almost neglected the the UN organisations, though their entry Level could be M.SC Holders as they only offer Ad-Hoc appointments to bachelors degree holders. They can be considered also.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by somebody(f): 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2006
P&G pays 2.4million
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by babe1(f): 6:26am On Jul 27, 2006
Hey dearie with ur oil company question, it might be too late but my hubby says shell or mobil. Just tot id put in my two cents. cheers
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by dearie(m): 12:13am On Jul 29, 2006
@ babe 1,
Thanx for buzzing in, but i wasn't particular about the oil companies, it was a general question!
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Viper(m): 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2006
I heard Mr biggs food attendants earn very well. cheesy

ok serious.
I heard zenith bank staffs earn very well.
someone told me fresh starters earn about 120k.Thats manageable for starters.
I also heard etb bank are the biggest payers now.na true?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by sirify(m): 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2006
For Sure in the Oil industry talking about the physical cash u receive ( leaving out the taking care of staff/non-monetary welfare) then the scale is

1. Mobil
2. Elf (Totalfinaelf)
3. Chevron
4. Shell
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by clocky(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2006
how did u arrive at this ?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 10:44pm On Aug 27, 2006
somebody:

P&G pays 2.4million

Bollocks. My offer letter stated 1.8

Viper:

I heard Mr biggs food attendants earn very well. cheesy

ok serious.
I heard zenith bank staffs earn very well.
someone told me fresh starters earn about 120k
.Thats manageable for starters.
I also heard etb bank are the biggest payers now.na true?

Bollocks. Wifey started at 80k a month. ETB is the highest nowadays. Close friend of mine just got in there. . .

2 Likes

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by babe1(f): 5:10am On Aug 28, 2006
dearie:

@ babe 1,
Thanx for buzzing in, but i wasn't particular about the oil companies, it was a general question!

Oops my bad. I guess there was so much talk about oil companies, i lost track of your question.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by somebody(f): 11:54pm On Aug 29, 2006
Chxta, your offer letter might have stated 1.8million maybe because u were recruited from naija.The people recruited from careers in africa were offered 2.4million. That I am very sure of, made me decide not to finish my last interview with them.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by dearie(m): 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2006
Hmmm, Just heard that Nestle foods pays #2.3M for entry level positions. A friends friend got an offer.

Which manufacturing institution pays the highest?

Can u forego a banking job( Marketing) for a trainee position in a manufacturing company like friesland (WAMCO)? Please urgent responses will be appreciated, stating ur reasons?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2006
Shell and Chevron are about the same thing, Guess that leaves mobil and elf as the top earners in the Oil industry. Of course, if you monetie the staff welfare packages in shell and chevron (health etc) the true figure might be different. who cares anyway?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Ukpekeson(m): 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2006
House, pls how about Ecobank ?, what is the starting stuff like?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Ukpekeson(m): 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2006
Oracle, this Nigeria Brewery house fine oh
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by stevo78(m): 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2006
Hey, has anybody eva tot of NGOs. They pay well and infact they pay in dollars. Am quite sure some NGOs pays more than all these oil companies and banks
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by yinkusm1: 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2006
My C.V. from yinkusm1@yahoo.com
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by joyblinks(f): 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2006
the higest paying comapny is SHELL.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Ndipe(m): 2:59am On Sep 19, 2006
Na wao!!!. Now, salaries are in the million naira range. During my college days back home, if you snagged a 5,000 naira a month job, you were "Omo". Now, I am even hearing that 20k a month is pittance.

@hotstepper, 10 million naira a year? That is a lot of money and would certainly lure some Nigerians abroad to return home.

Goodluck to all of you job seekers.

And for those who have been renumerated handsomely by their employers in Nigeria wont be tempted in the least to abandon it for America/London. It will be a rude shock to anybody who earns that money to move out here and start at the bottom of the totem pole.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by princezino(m): 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2006
Oil co's have d highest real packages. Mobil people got a 30% pay rise after their strike so i believe they've gone on top of the top-tier log - until the others do their own negotiations etc,  but I've also heard that the tax na fire. Imagine giving 20% of the largess to the state govt looters each month!
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 11:04pm On Nov 02, 2006
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by vizion: 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2006
in the oil sector, the oil servicing companies pay far higher(-slumberger, baker hughers etc) than the producing company(shell, elf, cheveron etc)
considering that while the workers of producing comapanies work from 0700hrs- 1700hrs on weekdays only, the workers in the oil servicing companies work 24/7 and i really mean 24/7
weekends and public holidays included (christmasday etc)
most of them don't even have time for their families and are adequately compensated for that.
field workers for oil servicing companies are paid handsome allowances for days spent on the rig starting from about USD80/day and even surpasses USD300/day
i personally know of field personnels who take home over one million naira per month
oil producing companies don't pay fantastict allowance for their personnel on their platform that is a fact
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by fresh2impr: 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2006
I just got my offer letter from Shell, and my basic salary is 3.4m, allowances and other things bring it to about 6.1, plus car loan (1.8m), which isnt bad. was anyone else at careers in Africa?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by kfasian: 10:14pm On Nov 07, 2006
The highest paid job is working for yourself.

I work online from the comfort of my bedroom and palour with my laptop and rake in an average of $10,000 every month without strss or sweat.

Sorry ! Never think of what is on your mind now, I'm talking about clean and genuine earnings from some very genuine online businesses i've been involved in for years now.

At my level of income now, I don't think Shell or Chevron or Mobil can pay me any satisfactory salary. Not even LNG or CBN can pay me.

If you are interested, just give me a call. at 08026763696 or you send a mail to nairacashflow@yahoo.com

I think its high tim we young Nigerians stoped killing our youthfull life working for slave masters parading as oil companies.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by debosky(m): 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2006
$10,000 no sweat no stress abi? carry go

anything thats too good to be true most probably is! thats all i'm gonna say

even bill gates with his $50billion has stress and sweat.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by rojen: 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2006
Quote from: maki on July 18, 2006, 03:34 PM
did you guys forget
slumberger and halliburton

they are mouth watering companies

Strike Halliburton off the list . My Dad worked there for ten years and I know he nets less than his fellows in Mobil. In fact, Mobil and the other companies use Halliburton when they want to cut costs in offshore drilling.

As for Schlumberger, I don't think you can compare them with even NNPC. my dear the highest paid company now is schlumberger, more than 600,000 naira per month for entry level. take it or leave it.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2006
600,000 naira a month? Holy mother of *** **** *!
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Honeypot1(m): 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2006
rojen:

Quote from: maki on July 18, 2006, 03:34 PM
did you guys forget
slumberger and halliburton

they are mouth watering companies

Strike Halliburton off the list . My Dad worked there for ten years and I know he nets less than his fellows in Mobil. In fact, Mobil and the other companies use Halliburton when they want to cut costs in offshore drilling.

As for Schlumberger, I don't think you can compare them with even NNPC. my dear the highest paid company now is schlumberger, more than 600,000 naira per month for entry level. take it or leave it.

600K in schlumberger, who said that. Is it basic or inclusive of allowance? Schlum does not pay that much for entry level, boy, as far as i know, i work in the oil industry and my friends are in schlum too. Entry level international staff may get up to that when u convert their basic pay to naira including monthly field allowance (that is if they go to the field).

Basic pay for naija field engineers is around +300K per month including basic allowances. this amount may further increase owing to the field allowance the employee gets which depends on his total number of field days in a month. so to say schlumberger pays 600k (basic salary) per month for entry level is misleading
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by LoverBwoy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2006
whyare nigerians paid less than foreigners?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by ronkebaby(f): 8:04am On Nov 12, 2006
slumberger i.e 4.4m starting point!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.