Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678185 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by anuwor: 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
Good day visa officer ....my questions goes like this my cr1 visa was revoked by the CO officer on march 12th 2015 and I was told that it will be returned to the NVC hope by now they would have received it....thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Olatoki: 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
VisaOfficer:

All intending immigrants must present a medical report from one of our panel physicians (not from any registered government hospital). The medical report is only valid for at most six months, so you shouldn't have your medical examination until close to your interview date. (Your visa's validity reflects the validity of your medical report.)

The evidence of support is your fiancée's Affidavit of Support (the I-134). The tax returns will also be your fiancée's.

Hope this helps!
it does greatly... thanks and God bless
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by anuwor: 6:05pm On Apr 27, 2015
Good day visa officer ....my questions goes like this my cr1 visa was revoked by the CO officer on march 12th 2015 and I was told that it will be returned to the NVC hope by now they would have received it....thanks God bless .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by worry357: 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
anuwor
No need to repost the same question.
If VO wants to reply she will when ready.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I think this is one of the all-time nicest messages I have ever received. Thank you. Sincerely. smiley

You are most welcome ma'am.
Btw: Happy Golden Jubilee Anniversary to your dearest parents. May Jehovah keep sustaining their cord of unions for ever.
However ma'am, since April 15th we have gotten CC from NVC, we are yet to be given an interview appointment. Please is there anything we can do? Do we still have chance of getting an appointment for interview in May or should we just look forward to June? Our visa category is CR1. Thanks always.

Best Regards

David T. Maxwell
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chimsyluv(f): 12:37am On Apr 28, 2015
Yes I have them already, but from the invitation letter I got it was written that I should bring my original marriage certificate but my hubby email it to them when they requested for it the second time,what will I do ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenma35: 2:19am On Apr 28, 2015
Hello long time I been on this thread. Hope everything is well. I have many questions. I have a very important question that I hope you can guild me in the right direction. I filed a I-130 for my husband and a I-129f for my husband and stepson. We received an approval on both petitions. Can the I-129f process before the I-130. My husband recevied letter . It is very hard to talk to someone to ask any questions answered at the NVC due to high call volume. Can please help me understand which petition this letter is for Case# LGS2015583015. Anything that you can guide us on is greatly appreciated. Thank You

Queenma35
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DpdNKerosene(f): 4:15am On Apr 28, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Well... I know that I personally am more skeptical of couples who have only met in person once in their lives. However, there are several factors involved in every visa decision. If everything else looks fine, I'd likely go ahead and issue.

Thank you again!!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dcpromo: 7:27am On Apr 28, 2015
Dear Visa Officer,

I will like to say a big thanks for the help you have been giving to everyone on this forum, regardless of the question(s) being asked.
I have been monitoring this section of the forum where you answer questions for some time now, i have come to conclusion that you are for real a consular officer.

I have some questions for you, please kindly respond when you have a moment.
It is 02:05 am est in the State of CT.
I am USC, who has filed for my treasure (wife) under CR1 category.
The NVC has reviewed and completed our case since March 24th 2015, however we have not received an interview date.
I missed my treasure (wife) so much, we have been apart from each other for almost a year now, it is affecting my daily activities including hers as well.

Our marriage anniversary is coming up in June the 3rd and my treasure's(wife) birthday is coming up in June the 6th as well.
Is there a chance that she will be here in the State of CT with me before or during these days?
I have sent an email to the immigrant visa section of the USA consulate in Lagos, asking if the status of this case LGS2015***027 is known? I received an email back that said, unfortunately we don't have any record of this case in our system at the moment.

I am the petitioner and the beneficiary is my treasure(wife).
According to the National Visa Center (NVC) i was told that the Lagos consulate is super busy, that the moment an interview is scheduled, that i will be notified.

Consular officer, my life has been in disarray and i don't think straight anymore due to my treasure's(wife) absence, i would love to reunite with her as soon as possible. I initially thought that the whole process will take approximately 6 months, but little did i know that it would be up to a year.

I would appreciate, if you can tell me when we might be getting an interview date. Big thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:36am On Apr 28, 2015
jaidopor:
HI VO,
Thanks for all your timely comment and help rendered to all Nairaland.

I applied for IR1 visa for my wife and the case was completed and approved by NVC 3 weeks but interview is yet to be scheduled (phone reps at NVC state that there is no interview slot available for Nigeria yet and the reason why interview is yet to be schedule). But, i have couple of questions.

1 My wife spend 5month in USA last year with me. Will this have a negative impact on her IR1 interview?
2. I send 3 copies of all supporting document to NVC (1 AOS package, 1 package for IV, and 1 copies of IV package) . Will NVC send the IV package to Lagos embassy? If that is true, do we need to bring another set of supporting evidence to the interview (i send evidence of relationship, tax transcript, pictures, evidence of telephone and skype communication etc to NVC in the interview package )
3 Is it still possible to get an interview date in May?
Thanks

1. The only impact your wife's time with you will have is a positive impact.
2. It's always good to bring the necessary documents to the interview, just in case. But NVC usually sends us whatever they have in the file.
3. All appointment dates in May are already filled. NVC will likely add some interviews in June, although I'm not sure how many.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:37am On Apr 28, 2015
anuwor:
Good day visa officer ....my questions goes like this my cr1 visa was revoked by the CO officer on march 12th 2015 and I was told that it will be returned to the NVC hope by now they would have received it....thanks.

The petition and memo should already have been sent to NVC, but it can take NVC weeks or months to review them.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:39am On Apr 28, 2015
Colemaxgrl:

You are most welcome ma'am.
Btw: Happy Golden Jubilee Anniversary to your dearest parents. May Jehovah keep sustaining their cord of unions for ever.
However ma'am, since April 15th we have gotten CC from NVC, we are yet to be given an interview appointment. Please is there anything we can do? Do we still have chance of getting an appointment for interview in May or should we just look forward to June? Our visa category is CR1. Thanks always.

Best Regards

David T. Maxwell

I believe all appointments in May are already filled. But NVC asked us last week to add appointments in June, and of course we said yes. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:41am On Apr 28, 2015
chimsyluv:
Yes I have them already, but from the invitation letter I got it was written that I should bring my original marriage certificate but my hubby email it to them when they requested for it the second time,what will I do ma

Please bring a copy and let the officer know that the original has already been submitted.

When you ask a question, please be sure that it contains all the necessary information, even if you have to repeat information you've posted earlier. It can be difficult to locate earlier posts and to figure out what the context of a question is. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:43am On Apr 28, 2015
queenma35:
Hello long time I been on this thread. Hope everything is well. I have many questions. I have a very important question that I hope you can guild me in the right direction. I filed a I-130 for my husband and a I-129f for my husband and stepson. We received an approval on both petitions. Can the I-129f process before the I-130. My husband recevied letter . It is very hard to talk to someone to ask any questions answered at the NVC due to high call volume. Can please help me understand which petition this letter is for Case# LGS2015583015. Anything that you can guide us on is greatly appreciated. Thank You

Queenma35

You can find out by e-mailing LagosIV@state.gov and asking them if it's the K-3 petition or the IR-1. I can't tell without access to a work computer!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:46am On Apr 28, 2015
dcpromo:
Dear Visa Officer,

I will like to say a big thanks for the help you have been giving to everyone on this forum, regardless of the question(s) being asked.
I have been monitoring this section of the forum where you answer questions for some time now, i have come to conclusion that you are for real a consular officer.

I have some questions for you, please kindly respond when you have a moment.
It is 02:05 am est in the State of CT.
I am USC, who has filed for my treasure (wife) under CR1 category.
The NVC has reviewed and completed our case since March 24th 2015, however we have not received an interview date.
I missed my treasure (wife) so much, we have been apart from each other for almost a year now, it is affecting my daily activities including hers as well.

Our marriage anniversary is coming up in June the 3rd and my treasure's(wife) birthday is coming up in June the 6th as well.
Is there a chance that she will be here in the State of CT with me before or during these days?
I have sent an email to the immigrant visa section of the USA consulate in Lagos, asking if the status of this case LGS2015***027 is known? I received an email back that said, unfortunately we don't have any record of this case in our system at the moment.

I am the petitioner and the beneficiary is my treasure(wife).
According to the National Visa Center (NVC) i was told that the Lagos consulate is super busy, that the moment an interview is scheduled, that i will be notified.

Consular officer, my life has been in disarray and i don't think straight anymore due to my treasure's(wife) absence, i would love to reunite with her as soon as possible. I initially thought that the whole process will take approximately 6 months, but little did i know that it would be up to a year.

I would appreciate, if you can tell me when we might be getting an interview date. Big thanks!

If there's no record of your case in our system, that means it is still with the National Visa Center. They've asked us to add appointments in June AND to send them our schedule for July, but May is already fully scheduled; so, unfortunately, I doubt your wife will be interviewed before your anniversary. I hope she gets an interview date soon!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ezychris(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Unfortunately, not everyone is eligible for an immigrant visa. It sounds like you don't belong to one of the categories of eligible immigrants at this time.

You might consider tailoring your studies in such a way that a qualifying employer would be interested in bringing you to the U.S. as an employee. Take a look at the section on employment-based visas at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process.html .
Dear V.O, thank you so much. You have been so kind to me and every other person on this thread. I am so grateful

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AyoSire: 9:55am On Apr 28, 2015
Dear VO,

Congratulations on your Parents' Golden Anniversary!
Wishing them more wonderful years together.

My brother eventually picked his passport/Visa yesterday.
Thanks so much for answering our numerous questions through the process. We are indeed grateful

I need to clarify if he is expected to make any payment before he leaves, he was given a leaflet that he should pay $165 for green card, I assumed all necessary payments have been made by my Parent.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 10:05am On Apr 28, 2015
Good morning mam,

How was the celebration you went for ma, hope it was fun?

I submitted my passport and I-134 last week ... Please any update on my visa printing?

Sorry to bother you ma. Just wanted to book my flight early so as to save some cost ...(lolz) but couldnt do that yet as par your advice always to have the visa before any travel plans.

thanks ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mebare: 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
Hello Visa Officer,

Thank you for your assistance. My husband is a citizen and would like to petiton for me and the kids. Was told that it might be difficult for him to petition for us since we both reside in Nigeria. I intend relocating with the kidz to the US for further studies. Please can you advise on us on options we have for the petition. Thank you .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Omogabu: 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
Dear VO,
I would please like to find out updates on my husband's passport and visa collection.
Interview on 4/16/15 went well, but yet to collect passport.
LGS2014782021
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lindababy2u: 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
Dear v.o , I really do appreciate the way you tackle issues here . My husband filled for an immigrant visa for me which I know it might have gotten to your office in Lagos by the grace of God. Do i have to provide all the originals of the documents he summited to NVC when coming for interview and even the originals of his divorce papers, affidavit of support, Tax remmitted for 3 to 4 years ,etc ? Another thing , do I have to bring evidence of our joint account ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ijenma1: 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
good day VO , thanks for responding to my question . i made inquires already from the priest at the cathedral and he assured me the church is registered .
just a bit curious, we just filed this April when can i get called ***winking* am super bored !!! i cant wait to join my husband .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
AyoSire:
Dear VO,

Congratulations on your Parents' Golden Anniversary!
Wishing them more wonderful years together.

My brother eventually picked his passport/Visa yesterday.
Thanks so much for answering our numerous questions through the process. We are indeed grateful

I need to clarify if he is expected to make any payment before he leaves, he was given a leaflet that he should pay $165 for green card, I assumed all necessary payments have been made by my Parent.

The $165 isn't paid to us -- it's a fee USCIS charges to print the Legal Permanent Resident card. They ask us to let people know that it needs to be paid, preferably before they travel.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
stevewale:
Good morning mam,

How was the celebration you went for ma, hope it was fun?

I submitted my passport and I-134 last week ... Please any update on my visa printing?

Sorry to bother you ma. Just wanted to book my flight early so as to save some cost ...(lolz) but couldnt do that yet as par your advice always to have the visa before any travel plans.

thanks ma

Hello sir,

We are still celebrating but plan to wrap it up and get back to real life soon. Unfortunately, this means I have no update on your visa printing, as I am very far away from the office at the moment. You could e-mail them -- or I could check on Monday. grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
mebare:
Hello Visa Officer,

Thank you for your assistance. My husband is a citizen and would like to petiton for me and the kids. Was told that it might be difficult for him to petition for us since we both reside in Nigeria. I intend relocating with the kidz to the US for further studies. Please can you advise on us on options we have for the petition. Thank you .

Yes, it will be difficult for him if he is here in Nigeria. The only reason we would issue immigrant visas to you and the children would be to reunite you with your husband if he lived in the United States. If you just want to study there, you would need a student visa.

If your husband was a citizen before the children were born, and if he spent at least five years in the U.S. before they were born, they are likely already U.S. citizens and wouldn't need visas, though.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
Omogabu:
Dear VO,
I would please like to find out updates on my husband's passport and visa collection.
Interview on 4/16/15 went well, but yet to collect passport.
LGS2014782021
Thank you.

Please send an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov and ask them for the status of the case. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
lindababy2u:
Dear v.o , I really do appreciate the way you tackle issues here . My husband filled for an immigrant visa for me which I know it might have gotten to your office in Lagos by the grace of God. Do i have to provide all the originals of the documents he summited to NVC when coming for interview and even the originals of his divorce papers, affidavit of support, Tax remmitted for 3 to 4 years ,etc ? Another thing , do I have to bring evidence of our joint account ?

It's best to come with originals (and photocopies of the originals) if at all possible. Evidence of a joint account isn't mandatory, but it is good evidence of your relationship, so I'd advise you to bring it if you have it.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
ijenma1:
good day VO , thanks for responding to my question . i made inquires already from the priest at the cathedral and he assured me the church is registered .
just a bit curious, we just filed this April when can i get called ***winking* am super bored !!! i cant wait to join my husband .

Unfortunately it can take six to eight months for NVC to process and approve a petition. I hope you get an appointment soon!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Zariah: 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
Hi VO, i have a question. Is it possible that my approved I -129f petition is sent to the US embassy in Lagos instead of NVC? My petition has being approved for over 35 days and NVC has no record of it or a case number only for a USCIS operator to tell me that K1s are no longer sent to NVC but straight to foreign consulates. Is this true please?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dcpromo: 4:18am On Apr 29, 2015
Dear Visa Officer,

Thank you very much for responding to my questions, i appreciated all that. To my uttermost surprise, we received an interview date today! Guess what? i have been gyrating ever since! I can't wait.

Below are some things i would love to know.

(a)Let's assume that we get done on time with the medical exams and have the result handy, is it okay if i email the IV section and request an early interview date?
(b)Talking about the medical result, is it mandatory to attend the interview with the Xray result that is always enclosed in that huge envelope or just only the sealed envelope? I know that the sealed envelope is mandatory.
(c) Is the immigrant visa application part 1 and 2 filled online be printed out and be brought to the visa interview or just only the confirmation page that is needed?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonyphil: 6:23am On Apr 29, 2015
dcpromo:
Dear Visa Officer,

Thank you very much for responding to my questions, i appreciated all that. To my uttermost surprise, we received an interview date today! Guess what? i have been gyrating ever since! I can't wait.

Below are some things i would love to know.

(a)Let's assume that we get done on time with the medical exams and have the result handy, is it okay if i email the IV section and request an early interview date?
(b)Talking about the medical result, is it mandatory to attend the interview with the Xray result that is always enclosed in that huge envelope or just only the sealed envelope? I know that the sealed envelope is mandatory.
(c) Is the immigrant visa application part 1 and 2 filled online be printed out and be brought to the visa interview or just only the confirmation page that is needed?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Awesome news! Also waiting (im)patiently for an interview date..got cc on the 6th of April ...did you call nvc or u got an email?...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Hello sir,

We are still celebrating but plan to wrap it up and get back to real life soon. Unfortunately, this means I have no update on your visa printing, as I am very far away from the office at the moment. You could e-mail them -- or I could check on Monday. grin

Ok mam ... Enjoy the rest of the celebration .. grin.

We appreciate you still taking time out to respond to our questions here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.