Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678317 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by janpei: 1:05pm On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I looked your case up. Your visa category is F1, and the case isn't current yet, so no action needs to be taken at this time. Only F1 petitions filed on or before August 1, 2007, are eligible to be scheduled for interviews at this time. Your priority date is Oct. 28, 2010, so unfortunately you likely have another three years or so to wait.

Thank you V.O. Now, I have another question, I got married in 20th Sep. 2013, should I send any document to let you know that my status have changed? If yes, what those are? If not, I just continue follow the F1 petitions date on Visa Bulletin right?

Thanks again.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:17pm On May 12, 2015
Vicobaba123:
Dear VO,

I am happy that we have someone like you to enlighten us on visa issues. I am married to a USC and i have been denied visa twice simply because my wife is an USC. The first visa denial was last year when i wanted to visit my wife and the second one was yesterday and it was for a conference organised by the American society of civil engineers of which i am an associate member ( I am a professional Civil Engineer) which was suppose to take place jun 7 and i am been sponsored by my company ,. Funny enough my collegue from same company for the same conference was issued even when he has no travel history.

The officer did not even asked much question or check any of my documents, he only asked if am married to usc and i said yes..... my question then is cant i get a business or visit visa because i am married to USC...even when i have a good job, and a pending pettition at the NVC statge.

This is a question for my colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 1:20pm On May 12, 2015
Good morning ma,
No ma, i only have the US customs & border patrol phone number and their Fax number.
The phone number in charge of my case is ...(404) 675 1239. (404) 675-1300. Fax number is...(404) 675-1231. (404) 675 1239.
May be i should just go there to Atlanta GA, with the copy, soon as u email them to me ma. Thanks and God bless...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:21pm On May 12, 2015
janpei:

Thank you V.O. Now, I have another question, I got married in 20th Sep. 2013, should I send any document to let you know that my status have changed? If yes, what those are? If not, I just continue follow the F1 petitions date on Visa Bulletin right?

Thanks again.

You should let NVC know that you are married, even though your visa category will change to F3, which has a longer waiting period. If you attempt to conceal your marital status in order to obtain an immigration benefit, you may be found permanently ineligible to enter the United States.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:22pm On May 12, 2015
sirk111:
Good morning ma,
No ma, i only have the US customs & border patrol phone number and their Fax number.
The phone number in charge of my case is ...(404) 675 1239. (404) 675-1300. Fax number is...(404) 675-1231. (404) 675 1239.
May be i should just go there to Atlanta GA, with the copy, soon as u email them to me ma. Thanks and God bless...

Assuming the panel physician helps me out, I'll give Atlanta CBP a call when I send you the e-mail. Hoping to hear from the physician soon...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by janpei: 1:38pm On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

You should let NVC know that you are married, even though your visa catefgory will change to F3, which has a longer waiting period. If you attempt to conceal your marital status in order to obtain an immigration benefit, you may be found permanently ineligible to enter the United States.

Okay, thank you. so how would I let NVC know? just write them email? or I need to fill in any document?

No worries, I would not attempt to conceal my marital status in order to obtain an immigration benefit, I just don't know what should I do. Many many thanks for your concern. It's really ok if my case change to F3 and need to wait more longer... which means I can earn and save more money from now on. isn't it better? smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 1:41pm On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

If we receive the results in time, I'll do my best to see that the visas are issued on or before May 20.
. Thank you so much ma, but please, has it ever taken beyond a week for you to get mails from the U.S, or better put, how many days or weeks do you used to receive mails from U.S after they might have been sent out ma?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 2:05pm On May 12, 2015
Hello Ma, Thanks a lot ma.....
I called panel physician in Nigeria now, 25 Raymond Njoku, ikoyi Lagos. Tel...+23414611941. +2347065859845. +2348093540899.
I explained to them and they have the copy.
Now they want to know which email you used ma.
They said they would prefer this email address ma, as it comes straight to them and they reply straight away. info@childrenspractice.com
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hopeful1987: 3:09pm On May 12, 2015
Good Afternoon V.O

Please I would like to find out how long a police report is valid for? I sent a police report to NVC with in Feb, It would expire this May as it is boldly written it is valid for 3 months, I am yet too be scheduled for interview, am not certain if it would be June or July, do I need another police report for the interview? How long are medical reports valid for? As I read in one of your response that it is linked to visa expiry date. Are June interview scheduling still on going? And when does July interview commence? Thank You Ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:26pm On May 12, 2015
janpei:

Okay, thank you. so how would I let NVC know? just write them email? or I need to fill in any document?

No worries, I would not attempt to conceal my marital status in order to obtain an immigration benefit, I just don't know what should I do. Many many thanks for your concern. It's really ok if my case change to F3 and need to wait more longer... which means I can earn and save more money from now on. isn't it better? smiley

I like your attitude! You can just e-mail NVC and let them know. A scanned copy of your marriage certificate would be helpful to them. The good news is that your spouse (and any children) can be included in your case!

Best of luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:27pm On May 12, 2015
bukolacole:
. Thank you so much ma, but please, has it ever taken beyond a week for you to get mails from the U.S, or better put, how many days or weeks do you used to receive mails from U.S after they might have been sent out ma?

The results are here - and your police certificate is fine, by the way. You'll hear from us soon asking you to drop off your passports, and letting you know that if you plan to travel after July 27 you'll need new medical reports.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:28pm On May 12, 2015
sirk111:
Hello Ma, Thanks a lot ma.....
I called panel physician in Nigeria now, 25 Raymond Njoku, ikoyi Lagos. Tel...+23414611941. +2347065859845. +2348093540899.
I explained to them and they have the copy.
Now they want to know which email you used ma.
They said they would prefer this email address ma, as it comes straight to them and they reply straight away. info@childrenspractice.com

As soon as I get the report, I'll forward it to you and call CBP. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:30pm On May 12, 2015
Hopeful1987:
Good Afternoon V.O

Please I would like to find out how long a police report is valid for? I sent a police report to NVC with in Feb, It would expire this May as it is boldly written it is valid for 3 months, I am yet too be scheduled for interview, am not certain if it would be June or July, do I need another police report for the interview? How long are medical reports valid for? As I read in one of your response that it is linked to visa expiry date. Are June interview scheduling still on going? And when does July interview commence? Thank You Ma.

For our purposes, police certificates are valid for a year after issuance. Medical reports are usually good for six months (unless there's a medical condition that requires monitoring, such as active tuberculosis -- then it's three months). I believe all June appointment dates have been filled, and July interviews should be announced soon. Hope this helps!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 3:32pm On May 12, 2015
This is also the Atlanta GA, officer in charge my case direct phone number ma,......because i also talked to him today.....(404) 675 1239. Thanks a lot ma, and God bless u the more for us!!!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hopeful1987: 6:33pm On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

For our purposes, police certificates are valid for a year after issuance. Medical reports are usually good for six months (unless there's a medical condition that requires monitoring, such as active tuberculosis -- then it's three months). I believe all June appointment dates have been filled, and July interviews should be announced soon. Hope this helps!

You are always helpful, it really does help. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 7:04pm On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

The results are here - and your police certificate is fine, by the way. You'll hear from us soon asking you to drop off your passports, and letting you know that if you plan to travel after July 27 you'll need new medical reports.
. Wao! Good news, thanks ma, but our passports are with the Embassy, they were collected but never returned to us since the day we came for our interview ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by koskikun: 7:29pm On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

If three years' worth of tax documents have already been submitted, there's no need to include the 2014 return now. However, if you're only now gathering that information, it's best to have the three most recent years of tax documents. Your joint sponsor should be either a U.S. citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident.

Thank you. Makes it a lot clearer. Do I also need to register the interview anywhere and bring along my AOS and IV fee receipt as well as DS 260 confirmation page? Not sure if it's necessary for Lagos Consulate.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by segunadewale(f): 8:50pm On May 12, 2015
Greetings, I was denied a F-1 visa December 2013 and also a B-1/B-2 after been invited by a childhood friend who is an American citizen for his graduation. I work with a bank and scheduled my annual leave for this visit...all is a past tense. I realized the rejection is due to not having any travel experience (I.e.visa) on my passport. Can this be true? Will I have to travel to some countries before I could be believed to get a visa to US? I wish to see my friend again, I really miss him.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Tiffae: 2:33am On May 13, 2015
VisaOfficer:

1. In general, once we've received the DNA results, applicants are contacted within a week. We do tend to receive several results at once, so it takes a while for us to put the results with the correct case, review the case to see what else is needed, and hand the case off to the person whose duty it is to contact the applicant. It's not a same-day event by any means. But it should be fairly quick.

2. Medical reports generally expire in six months (three if there are certain medical problems).

3. You'll be told what to bring for the next interview. Every case is different, so I can't give you a concrete answer based on what you've written here.

Good luck!
So is it compulsory for someone on a IR 2 Visa to do the DNA test before the interview?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Tiffae: 5:41am On May 13, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Shouldn't be a problem. We'll double-check as a matter of policy before printing the visa, anyway (assuming the visa is issued).
Is it possible to change the place of birth if any mistake made?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aburoy(m): 6:47am On May 13, 2015
Thanks a bunch madam. We did receive a mail rescheduling for the DNA. Its sometime in july which is a long time but its better than not having a date at all. Please I have this question to ask. When coming for the DNA test, can my granny come with her permanent voters card as a source of identification as she does not have an international passport.
Best regards.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:24am On May 13, 2015
sirk111:
This is also the Atlanta GA, officer in charge my case direct phone number ma,......because i also talked to him today.....(404) 675 1239. Thanks a lot ma, and God bless u the more for us!!!

I still haven't heard from the panel physician. I just e-mailed her office again, using both e-mail addresses.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On May 13, 2015
bukolacole:
. Wao! Good news, thanks ma, but our passports are with the Embassy, they were collected but never returned to us since the day we came for our interview ma.

Are you traveling before July 27, or do you need new medical paperwork?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On May 13, 2015
koskikun:

Thank you. Makes it a lot clearer. Do I also need to register the interview anywhere and bring along my AOS and IV fee receipt as well as DS 260 confirmation page? Not sure if it's necessary for Lagos Consulate.

You don't need to register the interview anywhere, but please bring your receipts and your confirmation page.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On May 13, 2015
segunadewale:
Greetings, I was denied a F-1 visa December 2013 and also a B-1/B-2 after been invited by a childhood friend who is an American citizen for his graduation. I work with a bank and scheduled my annual leave for this visit...all is a past tense. I realized the rejection is due to not having any travel experience (I.e.visa) on my passport. Can this be true? Will I have to travel to some countries before I could be believed to get a visa to US? I wish to see my friend again, I really miss him.

This is a question for my colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Tiffae:
Is it possible to change the place of birth if any mistake made?

Yes, just let us know at the time of the interview. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:27am On May 13, 2015
Aburoy:
Thanks a bunch madam. We did receive a mail rescheduling for the DNA. Its sometime in july which is a long time but its better than not having a date at all. Please I have this question to ask. When coming for the DNA test, can my granny come with her permanent voters card as a source of identification as she does not have an international passport.
Best regards.

She should come with some form of government-issued photo ID. If the voters card shows her photo, that should be fine.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 8:26am On May 13, 2015
Ok ma, Thanks. I `ll be expecting, finger crossed, hopefully today.....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 8:27am On May 13, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Are you traveling before July 27, or do you need new medical paperwork?
. I think we should travel before then, but my dad will be in the best position to decide on that ma, please do include this question in the mail you will send to him and please help us include our green card form in the package and instructions on how to use the form, because we were not instructed on how to use it on the day of our interview, thanks so much.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:07am On May 13, 2015
bukolacole:
. I think we should travel before then, but my dad will be in the best position to decide on that ma, please do include this question in the mail you will send to him and please help us include our green card form in the package and instructions on how to use the form, because we were not instructed on how to use it on the day of our interview, thanks so much.

It's your family in Nigeria that will be contacted by our office; please ask your father what your travel dates will be.

I've attached the USCIS Immigrant Fee instructions here. Please share them with your father. Your sister is under 18, so she won't need the fee to be paid; however, as you are over 18, it does apply to you. Thanks!

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by orimahspence: 9:16am On May 13, 2015
Please , help us appeal to your colleague at the non - immigrant visa thread to attend to our pending questions. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:35am On May 13, 2015
orimahspence:
Please , help us appeal to your colleague at the non - immigrant visa thread to attend to our pending questions. Thanks

Will do. However, that thread is being flooded with exactly the sort of question we have repeatedly stated that we will not answer. The more people ask "What are my chances?", "Why was I refused?", and "What do I have to do to get a visa?", the harder it is for my colleagues to locate the substantive questions that ought to be answered.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.