Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678231 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:31am On May 18, 2015
lilzy:

Thank you soooooo much ma, you are an angel, if I may ask ma do I need to come to the embassy to pick up or will it be at d dhl office.

Oh -- sorry -- yes, it's at the collection center.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Done! And you can access the USCIS LPR card fee instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee .
. Thank you so much, you will be remembered for a life time for your immense support and help to us all here, thanks once again, waiting for the news of our Visas been printed any soonest ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 11:51am On May 18, 2015
@mikolo80

Please don't derail this thread.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:53am On May 18, 2015
bukolacole:
. Thank you so much, you will be remembered for a life time for your immense support and help to us all here, thanks once again, waiting for the news of our Visas been printed any soonest ma.

The visas have been issued and will be delivered to the collection center. Please note that once an applicant's been told that the visas will be issued, it's up to the applicant to contact the collection center and see whether they are ready for pickup.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tunji370: 12:21pm On May 18, 2015
Hello VO,
I have a B1B2 multiple visa with my family(me ,my wife and 2 kids) for 2yrs,I am the principal applicant but due to my work we couldn't travel as planned for this may. What are the issues if I travel alone in August before going together with my family later next year,as my wife's leave as been exhausted from her work place. or can my wife and kids travel without me whenever convenient for them?
thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:26pm On May 18, 2015
tunji370:
Hello VO,
I have a B1B2 multiple visa with my family(me ,my wife and 2 kids) for 2yrs,I am the principal applicant but due to my work we couldn't travel as planned for this may. What are the issues if I travel alone in August before going together with my family later next year,as my wife's leave as been exhausted from her work place. or can my wife and kids travel without me whenever convenient for them?
thank you

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mikolo80: 12:56pm On May 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

If you have Class A medical clearance -- if you're not Class B for active TB or another condition -- then your medical report is valid for six months, and for purposes of immigration, so is your TB test. smiley
Thanks for your taking the time to answer all my questions,i thought this correspondence would span a few days.Really appreciate the prompt responses and hope i wasn't too much of a bother

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mikolo80: 1:05pm On May 18, 2015
justwise:
@mikolo80

Please don't derail this thread.
how did you do that(highlight my name in yellow)
PS, jchi897 started it
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onemorestep: 1:44pm On May 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

You should wait to hear from us before you get your medical report and police certificate. Otherwise, the likelihood of those documents expiring before your case is complete becomes somewhat higher.

For us, your name is the name on your passport. If you don't get your passport corrected now, you're going to have a heck of a time convincing the U.S. government to spell your name correctly later.

You've only spent six days with your fiancee? Ever? That's going to make it more difficult (but not impossible) for you to convince an interviewing officer that the two of you have a bona fide relationship. We wouldn't deny an application based solely on the fact that you haven't spent much time together, but, frankly, if there are any other indications that it's not necessarily a genuine relationship, that's going to help tip the scales quite unfavorably.

Thank you ma for good advice. The file has been received on the ceac website. But my finance and i need to think about advice we have received here. We want get through this the first time. We want to wed in Aug.
One more question, on paper she received it says the k1 visa expires in july. Do i need to interview at lagos before that date? She has some work events that cannot be rescheduled and interview will be pushed back until she can come for two weeks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by isoknit(m): 2:47pm On May 18, 2015
Hello @VisaOfficer, pls is there anything like Family Application for US visiting/tourist VISA?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lizziepeks: 3:40pm On May 18, 2015
lizziepeks:

Ma God Bless You, thank you very much I have emailed the London Embassy and cc'd Lagos Embassy as well.

Ma the London embassy just replied my email in regards to transferring my case to Lagos and I have forwarded the email to the Lagos IV email
The email contained:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Immigrant visa applications should be processed by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General with jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence. Please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Consulate General in Lagos regarding this matter. If they agree to process your application, they should contact the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy in London through official channels to request your case file.

What next ma? Thank You ma God bless you for your help
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 4:03pm On May 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

The visas have been issued and will be delivered to the collection center. Please note that once an applicant's been told that the visas will be issued, it's up to the applicant to contact the collection center and see whether they are ready for pickup.
. OK, thanks I will call the center before going on Friday, thanks so much.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 5:37pm On May 18, 2015
good afternoon ma, Thanks so much for the full support u ve given ma. Tomorrow teusday is my appointment to come to atlanta with the copy of medical ma. I 'll let u know what's up ma. Thanks....

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sohrabyy: 6:07pm On May 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Unfortunately, you're not protected. Your CSPA-adjusted age is over 21.

The CSPA age adjustment period is the same for all Diversity Visa applicants. For FY 2015, it’s 213 days (or 7 months and 1 day). That’s because the CSPA age adjustment period for the DV is the first date of registration (01 OCT 2013) to the date notification became available (01 MAY 2014). This period will not change for DV 2015 and will be applied for all CSPA calculations for DV derivatives for DV 2015.

The other key date is when the visa became available to the principal applicant. That will be the first day of the month in which his/her priority date became current. (This is different from other immigrant visa cases where the priority is based on the petition filing date for family based cases or the approval of the labor certificate for employment based cases.) In your case, a visa will be available as of 01 JUL 2015. On that date, your actual age will be 21 years 349 days (or 21 years 11 months 16 days). Unfortunately, subtracting 213 days from 21 years 349 days leaves you with a CSPA-adjusted age of 21 years 136 days, which means that you have aged out of the case and cannot be included as a derivative.

Thank you for your response,

but I have some problem with this system, and I want to ask you about them.

First, it is not my fault or my father's that our case number is different or in the middle of whole case numbers, as a result, if our case number became current 3 or 4 month ago, I was protected. but, as you know there is no difference between people who their case number lower than ours because all of the winners have registered for the lottery in the same period. I think 7 month and 1 day is not fair because the case number allocation is a random process.

Second, My name was included in the entry and people who want to register for the lottery have to enter their all children's name who they are single and under 21, so what is the result of this when it is completely related to the later time?

Finally, I want to ask you about my condition and my choices, what can I do next? my family have a plan to immigrate to the US and I am here alone because I am the only child who is aged out and I have no brother or sister, what can I do now? It is not possible for me to live several years far from my family, what can I do to accelerate my immigration process?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by imnuflawal: 7:11pm On May 18, 2015
Hello VO, I hve a question dat has been bothering me. My husband is permanent US residence, he came to Nigeria 4 us to v our wedding around July last year den we got married August, wen he got bak to the state he started my I-130 visa filling which is being hndled by his lawyer in October, I found out dat I was pregnant during dis period. To cut d long story short, my case ws approved by d ucis around feb27 nd it was transferd to NVC, it ws stated in the approval letter dat NVC wil get bk to us in less dan 30 days but till dis moment we hvnt gotten any tin from dem nd to crown it all I gve birth April, I wnt to knw if my child will also be given a visa or will d dad have to file for her as well. God bless u as u give a reply to dis question, tnk u
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hopeful1987: 7:37pm On May 18, 2015
Dear V.O,

Thank You for your continued selfless service on this forum, I still do not have IL for June, I am assuming I might be scheduled for July interview, Is it impossible to get an earlier date when NVC finally schedules my interview, can I do my medicals and then request for an earlier interview at Lagos Embassy? We would appreciate an earlier date, we have been in this process since 2013. Thank You.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 10:45pm On May 18, 2015
My greetings to you today VO.
Please i have an urgent inquiry.

Is it right to go do my medical now since am already scheduled for an interview in 3 weeks to now?
Someone posted on VJ that it should be one week to interview date. Please ma is that true?

Thanks.

Best regards,

David T. Maxwell.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nwannenna: 11:16pm On May 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Your spouse and minor children can travel with you if you qualify for an employment-based visa. As for taking the exam in the U.S., that is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .

Thanks for your response dear VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by smileysmiles(f): 12:45am On May 19, 2015
@visaofficer please is there a way i can pay for my uscis fee from my Nigerian bank account or can i go pay at the consulate?

Or does the cash have to come from a US account?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by staa: 4:20am On May 19, 2015
Dear vo,please is it possible to travel to the US with a non-immigrant visa for the purpose of birthing so my husband can be present and I get a better care while a pending spousal immigrant application is ongoing my husband is a US citizen and resides there. The visa was granted when I was single and have used it to visit my husband twice. Birthing in Nigeria alone isn't something I want to experience as I can get maternity leave and my husband can't get paternity leave off work. Thank you on your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:18am On May 19, 2015
onemorestep:

Thank you ma for good advice. The file has been received on the ceac website. But my finance and i need to think about advice we have received here. We want get through this the first time. We want to wed in Aug.
One more question, on paper she received it says the k1 visa expires in july. Do i need to interview at lagos before that date? She has some work events that cannot be rescheduled and interview will be pushed back until she can come for two weeks.

No, no need to interview before the petition expires. We can keep it open for you (and we routinely do that for our K applicants).
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:18am On May 19, 2015
isoknit:
Hello @VisaOfficer, pls is there anything like Family Application for US visiting/tourist VISA?

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:20am On May 19, 2015
lizziepeks:

Ma the London embassy just replied my email in regards to transferring my case to Lagos and I have forwarded the email to the Lagos IV email
The email contained:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Immigrant visa applications should be processed by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General with jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence. Please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Consulate General in Lagos regarding this matter. If they agree to process your application, they should contact the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy in London through official channels to request your case file.

What next ma? Thank You ma God bless you for your help

If your initials are AEO, we're on it! You should hear from us soon.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by KMENaziRapper(m): 7:23am On May 19, 2015
which medical tests will be done to an applicant?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:28am On May 19, 2015
sohrabyy:

Thank you for your response,

but I have some problem with this system, and I want to ask you about them.

First, it is not my fault or my father's that our case number is different or in the middle of whole case numbers, as a result, if our case number became current 3 or 4 month ago, I was protected. but, as you know there is no difference between people who their case number lower than ours because all of the winners have registered for the lottery in the same period. I think 7 month and 1 day is not fair because the case number allocation is a random process.

Second, My name was included in the entry and people who want to register for the lottery have to enter their all children's name who they are single and under 21, so what is the result of this when it is completely related to the later time?

Finally, I want to ask you about my condition and my choices, what can I do next? my family have a plan to immigrate to the US and I am here alone because I am the only child who is aged out and I have no brother or sister, what can I do now? It is not possible for me to live several years far from my family, what can I do to accelerate my immigration process?

Thanks.

The Diversity Visa program's rules are strict and can't be altered to assist people who don't qualify under CSPA, unfortunately. You're right that it's the luck of the draw that your case number is higher than other people's, but that's why it's called a lottery. Keep in mind that it's possible to age out of ANY type of immigrant visa case (except IR2s), not just Diversity Visa cases.

Among the reasons why principal applicants are required to list all their minor children is to prevent child smuggling, which is a real concern all around the world.

If your family chooses to move forward with their immigration, then when one of your parents becomes a Legal Permanent Resident, he or she can file the I-130 petition on your behalf. Your visa category would be F2B, which currently has around a seven-year waiting period. I'm sorry I don't have more welcome news for you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:29am On May 19, 2015
imnuflawal:
Hello VO, I hve a question dat has been bothering me. My husband is permanent US residence, he came to Nigeria 4 us to v our wedding around July last year den we got married August, wen he got bak to the state he started my I-130 visa filling which is being hndled by his lawyer in October, I found out dat I was pregnant during dis period. To cut d long story short, my case ws approved by d ucis around feb27 nd it was transferd to NVC, it ws stated in the approval letter dat NVC wil get bk to us in less dan 30 days but till dis moment we hvnt gotten any tin from dem nd to crown it all I gve birth April, I wnt to knw if my child will also be given a visa or will d dad have to file for her as well. God bless u as u give a reply to dis question, tnk u

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:29am On May 19, 2015
staa:
Dear vo,please is it possible to travel to the US with a non-immigrant visa for the purpose of birthing so my husband can be present and I get a better care while a pending spousal immigrant application is ongoing my husband is a US citizen and resides there. The visa was granted when I was single and have used it to visit my husband twice. Birthing in Nigeria alone isn't something I want to experience as I can get maternity leave and my husband can't get paternity leave off work. Thank you on your anticipated response.

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hopeful1987: 7:59am On May 19, 2015
GOOD MORNING MA,

Dear V.O,

Thank You for your continued selfless service on this forum, I still do not have IL for June, I am assuming I might be scheduled for July interview, Is it impossible to get an earlier date when NVC finally schedules my interview, can I do my medicals and then request for an earlier interview at Lagos Embassy? We would appreciate an earlier date, we have been in this process since 2013. Thank You.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lizziepeks: 8:11am On May 19, 2015
VisaOfficer:

If your initials are AEO, we're on it! You should hear from us soon.

Good Morning Ma, Yes Ma thats me God Bless you Ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:26am On May 19, 2015
Hopeful1987:
Dear V.O,

Unfortunately it is impossible to get an earlier date (unless there is a true emergency). Remember, all the people with earlier interview dates have been waiting longer than you have! We've added appointment slots and will even be interviewing on a Saturday next month to make sure we see people as quickly as possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.