Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678278 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
tochimas:
Dear VO ,
Please i was interviewed on the 18th of June and my visa was approved. But my passport was returned to me cos I needed it for my daughter's CRBA interview , anyways I eventualy dropped my passport at DHL oshodi drop off point on the 1st of July, since then I have not heard anything from them and it is showing no status update.
Please can you kindly check it up for me as it has not been easy moving my tender baby all over cos the person that attended to me at oshodi specifically said I should go to muri okunola at Victoria island to check for it after two weeks if I didn't receive mail. But Victoria island is a bit far from me and I wouldn't want a wasted journey should it not be ready and as my baby is still tender and no sitter.
Please I will be most greatful if you can check the status for me, really needed it to collect my daughter's passport which has been approved and is ready for collection.
My passport number is A06190647 and my case number is LGS2015513039
Thanks in advance.

Looks like the visa should be printed on Monday, so the package should be ready for pickup by Friday. My apologies for the delay -- we're still dealing with some lingering technical issues.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
bennethuche:
thanks so much.
but my wife has recently changed her status and surname, will that help?, though our marriage was made official only two weeks before she traveled.
And about my daughter will there be any need for DNA test.

It's impossible to say without interviewing you in person. DNA testing might be a good option, though.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
winnie123:
Thanks V.O, That means January 2015 is my priority date, when will the process be due to end ? as it was approved by USCIS last week.

Your husband is a U.S. citizen, so the case will be eligible to be scheduled for the next available interview, probably in October. If your husband was a Legal Permanent Resident when the petition was filed, he should let NVC know that he is now a citizen right away, or they will continue to process you as an F2A (which has a longer wait time).

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
Lizzyvic:
Good day V.O
Our dearest V.O i hope you're doing good. Though it really hurts to hear that you will soon be leaving. But, it's well. May God see you through in all your future endeavours.
Ma'am pls. I e-mailed LagosIV asking about the visa status of my children's cases, and i got a reply that they have forwarded the enquiry to the appropriate unit and the unit is yet to reply.
Ma'am pls, what is really happening, i have done what the embassy requested(DNA) to be frank the process is really torturing. Pls Ma, can you kindly help out by checking pls. When you get to the office. As i told you earlier the passports have been submitted(7/10/15) and should have been ready for pick up at the DHL office by now. But it's not. LGS2014737049, LGS2014737050, LGS2014737052. God bless you as you reply. Thank you.

The visas were all printed yesterday and should be available for pickup at the collection center by the end of next week. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
damabib:
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number:LGS2013xxxx 01 LGS
Case Creation Date:10-Dec-2013
Status Updated Date:07-Jul-2015

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html
Its on AP A year Ago field investigation has been visited me ! And my status change from Exprire Soon to Ready now .when likely to go for 2nd innterview and likely new. Documents l! Police. Records and medical willbe needed new ones? V O thx in advance

Sorry, I have no way of knowing from what you've posted here. You can e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov and ask for an update.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
amazinglove:
Dear VO,

It seems as if no one really reads the contents of emails sent to LagosIV@state.gov because I get the same message each time I email with a specific request. It has always been that same generic message asking me to "Please contact the National Visa Center directly at NVCInquiry@state.gov if you wish to request expedited processing, as all interview expedite requests must be routed through that office" whereas the bodies of the emails I send is about the expedited processing requests I have already placed with NVC. I just don't get it. It makes me really mad each time.

I must confess that this is the most frustrating experience I have ever gone through my entire life. It is making serving in the U.S. Army more stressful than it actually is.

At this point, I am leaving everything to God. I have had enough of being treated like ping pong by both NVC and Lagos Consulate. I deserve better.

Thank you for your help, as always.

Your case is still at NVC, so there's nothing we can do here. That's why we keep referring you to NVC -- we can't expedite a case that we don't have. If NVC asks us to expedite a case for the spouse or child of an active military person, we will say yes, and we've said yes to several such requests lately. But the request has to come from NVC, as we don't have control of the case here in Lagos until they send it to us.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
njioma:
Dearest VO, first I must start by registering my sadness over the news of your imminent departure. I feel so sad. The fact that we will not be able to bid you a proper goodbye physically makes it worse. As you leave, go with the satisfaction that you have touched lives and that we do really love you and will miss you. Secondly Ma, I have not still heard anything after dropping of My passport and requested documents since the 5th of June. The whole process is beginning to be a mental and emotional torture. Ma please I want you to help me check and for me to know what is happening. I am not trying to derail the thread, it's just that I don't know what do again. LGS2014851038. Thank you ma and God bless you.

Thank you for the kind words! Your case is undergoing administrative processing as we verify the documents you submitted.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
pinkyflexy:
HEllo Ma,
I will love to no wen september appoiinment will b announce!thanks ma

I don't know exactly (that's NVC's job), but it should be soon!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
@All

Will be nice to drop a word or two of appreciation for the VO here https://www.nairaland.com/2461386/appreciation-departing-vo

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bennethuche: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It's impossible to say without interviewing you in person. DNA testing might be a good option, though.
Thanks a lot.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
justwise:

@All

Will be nice to drop a word or two of appreciation for the VO here https://www.nairaland.com/2461386/appreciation-departing-vo

Thank you.

How am I going to exercise the self-restraint necessary not to click on that link?!?!?

You're all the best! If people are half as nice as you at my next post, I'll have a great time. grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

How am I going to exercise the self-restraint necessary not to click on that link?!?!?

You're all the best! If people are half as nice as you at my next post, I'll have a great time. grin

grin grin grin go on..click it's virus free grin

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
sirk111:
Dear V.O, Until ur replacement arrives? Do u know that there's no one compares to u, in terms of helping & answering people's question indeed! Taking time out of ur very busy time and answer people's question, even if u re far away, holiday or whatever, you still manage and help people with their questions. Dear V.O, pls where ever you go, kindly try and still continue to coming on this nairaland, as usual. Cos' it's more fun now, and more experience and about the people's impact in life. I just wanna say, thank u one more time, for the recent help u done for me, while my re-new medical was not included in my immigrant visa packet. We all love u and everywhere u go, u'll always experience a favor of God, and i personally love u till my die day!! But a little bit sad that, i didn't get to see ur face. But im happy that im in ur country now, world no 1, God's own country, hopefully we'll jam on the street one day ma in america. God bless u the more and family and everywhere u go, for this job u love doin!!! E se ma...Kayode

Thank you so much! I was glad to help.

Re: my face: I uploaded a profile picture here a month ago. grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by njioma: 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Thank you for the kind words! Your case is undergoing administrative processing as we verify the documents you submitted.
. Thank you ma for the response. I guess now I'm helpless,I can't go anywhere because my passport is stuck, the torturing wait continues and I read the process has no time limit. Its sad because the interviewing officer specifically told me he is not putting on administrative processing. I guess I just have wait. Its well. God bless you ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Accravolta: 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hello VO,

My case is undergoing AP in Accra . My wife was refused a visa last month. We have two children who are both U.S citizens, house in Ghana together, and so many other things. My wife told me that the co was unhappy that our children received their report of birth abroad without me having to do dna test. The co said that they should have never approved it without dna test and just denied my wife without even looking at our evidence. I didn't have to do dna test because I clearly showed with compelling evidence that the children are mine. Two different co who did each of my child report of birth abroad interview were convinced, so I'm not sure why she's upset about this. The co told her that she's sending our case back to the U.S. fortunately I got my senator involved and he emailed the embassy on our behalf. The chief consular stopped the cash from being sent back and placed it on AP. When I sent and email inquiry to check the status, this was what I got

"Thank you for your email inquiry. We wish to inform you that De..... case is pending administrative processing. Please be assured that the case status is frequently checked. Once the processing is complete, Ms. De.... will be asked to come to U.S. Embassy Accra to further discuss the case. "

My question is, what could this mean? Thankyou.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Looks like the visa should be printed on Monday, so the package should be ready for pickup by Friday. My apologies for the delay -- we're still dealing with some lingering technical issues.

Thanks a lot and God bless you for your kindness
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
Accravolta:
Hello VO,

My case is undergoing AP in Accra . My wife was refused a visa last month. We have two children who are both U.S citizens, house in Ghana together, and so many other things. My wife told me that the co was unhappy that our children received their report of birth abroad without me having to do dna test. The co said that they should have never approved it without dna test and just denied my wife without even looking at our evidence. I didn't have to do dna test because I clearly showed with compelling evidence that the children are mine. Two different co who did each of my child report of birth abroad interview were convinced, so I'm not sure why she's upset about this. The co told her that she's sending our case back to the U.S. fortunately I got my senator involved and he emailed the embassy on our behalf. The chief consular stopped the cash from being sent back and placed it on AP. When I sent and email inquiry to check the status, this was what I got

"Thank you for your email inquiry. We wish to inform you that De..... case is pending administrative processing. Please be assured that the case status is frequently checked. Once the processing is complete, Ms. De.... will be asked to come to U.S. Embassy Accra to further discuss the case. "

My question is, what could this mean? Thankyou.

Sorry, but it would be inappropriate for me to comment on another post's case. Please contact the U.S. Embassy in Accra directly. Their website states:

If your inquiry is regarding Immigration visas, please send an email to IVDVACCRA@state.gov.

Please include in your correspondence/email the following:

Your full name
Your case number (should be a 10 digit number such as ACC2007123456)
State whether you are the applicant or the petitioner
Clearly state your question or concern in the subject line (such as Scheduling Question or DNA Question)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lizzyvic(f): 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

The visas were all printed yesterday and should be available for pickup at the collection center by the end of next week. Thanks!

Waoh! Thank you so much, our loving V.O. This is really good news. God bless you real good...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
Please stop e-mailing me and sending me private messages. I don't read any of them. If you can't post your question here, please e-mail LagosIV@state.gov. Thank you!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by amazinglove: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Your case is still at NVC, so there's nothing we can do here. That's why we keep referring you to NVC -- we can't expedite a case that we don't have. If NVC asks us to expedite a case for the spouse or child of an active military person, we will say yes, and we've said yes to several such requests lately. But the request has to come from NVC, as we don't have control of the case here in Lagos until they send it to us.

Thank you so much for your repy, dear VO.

I believe NVC is not being honest with me then. Each time I call, they tell me the expedite request has been forwarded to you guys in Lagos and they are only waiting for your approval or disapproval.

I just wish I knew all the truth surrounding my case.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by missek: 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Thank you so much! I was glad to help.

Re: my face: I uploaded a profile picture here a month ago. grin

I've seen your profile picture!.... smiley
I like your sense of humor. You are a very lovely person.
Although our case isn't at your post, and you couldn't be of assistance, I haven't stopped reading this thread. I haven't stopped admiring you.

You are one of a kind, dear VO.I doubt there's anyone else like you really.
I see what you do here for people and I know what it must mean to them.
I know you are like a miracle to many on here, because this process really sends you on a terrible emotional and psychological roller coaster.

I wish they'd send you to Ghana though.... cheesy.
Wherever you go, you would find overwhelming favor. May doors open for you....May obstacles yield. May happiness flood your life.
Whatever your heart desires, may God grant to you exceedingly and abundantly.

I don't know any of the numerous people you've assisted, but THANK YOU.
GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU!

The grateful hearts of the people on here are a most powerful prayer and blessing for you.

You are amazingly special and you are so much appreciated.
Keep doing what you do for people.

I wish you all the best at your next post.

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
@All

Nigeria is not eligible for visa lottery for some years now, so please stop pasting questions from scammers here about winning visa lottery you are not eligible to and never played.

The VO has also replied to numerous questions here related to the same scam lottery emails.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
amazinglove:

Thank you so much for your repy, dear VO.

I believe NVC is not being honest with me then. Each time I call, they tell me the expedite request has been forwarded to you guys in Lagos and they are only waiting for your approval or disapproval.

I just wish I knew all the truth surrounding my case.

Thank you

!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I just went back through your posts to find your case number, and then I searched for it in all my mail folders, and it turns out that my deputy had asked NVC for more information back in June. They replied on July 20 -- just as my deputy was departing post. I can't tell if she replied to NVC or not -- but, just in case she overlooked it when she was leaving, on July 23 I replied to NVC as follows:

Good afternoon,

Not sure if this was answered – but we will be glad to accept the case for expedited processing as soon as it is documentarily complete.

Thanks

So, you should be hearing from NVC soon!!! Sorry, I had no idea that was your case! Glad to give you good news though. Just give NVC a few more days to respond -- they get a lot of e-mail.

Hurray!!!

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by amazinglove: 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I just went back through your posts to find your case number, and then I searched for it in all my mail folders, and it turns out that my deputy had asked NVC for more information back in June. They replied on July 20 -- just as my deputy was departing post. I can't tell if she replied to NVC or not -- but, just in case she overlooked it when she was leaving, on July 23 I replied to NVC as follows:

Good afternoon,

Not sure if this was answered – but we will be glad to accept the case for expedited processing as soon as it is documentarily complete.

Thanks

So, you should be hearing from NVC soon!!! Sorry, I had no idea that was your case! Glad to give you good news though. Just give NVC a few more days to respond -- they get a lot of e-mail.

Hurray!!!

Yay!!!!

Thank you so much, VO. You are the best!!!. I don't even know whether or not I should start crying now. Finally, I receive some good news! NVC had sent me an email in June that the case was completed June 19th.

I am so glad I'm beginning to see some light.

Thank you again, VO from the bottom of my heart. God bless you in all your endeavors!

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 3:46am On Jul 26, 2015
Dear Ma'am VO,

It's really so sad to know you'll be leaving Naija soon, and especially Nairaland. You have been an angel sent to us at one point or the other through our journey. I remember how you offered most of us support when the US embassies worldwide had the computer issues. What if you weren't there to provide answers to our questions? What really touches one and really commendable is the diligence and compassion you give to the cases as they come.

I just want to add my own appreciation to those that have been given earlier. Am saying thanks on behalf of myself and my husband (am now with him in the States smiley). I sincerely pray that God's goodness and mercy go with you everywhere you go and may you ever find favor with God and men all the days of your life. We love you Ma'am.

PS: Could you kindly post a picture of your beautiful face again wink? I missed the other one. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Arise01: 6:56am On Jul 26, 2015
Dearest VO, Morning ma, I suppose to attend my interview on 12th Aug, unfortunately I got a mail frm embassy that my appointment date haz bin shifted frm 12th to 26th aug.my concern is that 26th of aug is the date that I wl finish my leaves at work.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 7:33am On Jul 26, 2015
Dear VO,

Each time i ask a question here i say i promise this is my last question ...well this is another last question (shines teeth)

My K1 visa was approved on the 10th ....10 working days should have been 24th but the public holiday made it 28th..however, i dont stay in Lagos but would be in Lagos on the 28th/29th for an event..was wondering if it would be ready for pickup so i can use a stone to kill two birds...

LGS2015607002
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by teefah80: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2015
Hello.

My family is scheduled for an interview on Thursday 30th July at 06:30.

I am the Principal applicant. My husband who is a derivative does not have his International Passport in his possession at the moment. It is currently at the Dutch Embassy. He applied for a visa to enable him travel to the Netherlands and it has not yet been returned.

As a result of this, he is unable to undergo his medical exam,  as the hospital says he needs to come with his international passport. 

I and my children have already undergone the medical examination.

I will like to know what options are open to us as regards attending the interview on that day with my husband.

Thank you for your anticipated assistance
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 5:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dear V.O, good day ma! I checked the profile picture, but it's not the real picture!! Pls if possible ma, kindly upload ur real picture, a day before u leave nigeria finally, to nairaland. So that we can all see u the angel....... Thanks ma!!!

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by winnie123: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
Yes V.O my husband filed in as a us citizen.
I just hope I will be scheduled for interview that October. Pls don't go until im scheduled for interview lol. Thank you.

quote author=VisaOfficer post=36257188]

Your husband is a U.S. citizen, so the case will be eligible to be scheduled for the next available interview, probably in October. If your husband was a Legal Permanent Resident when the petition was filed, he should let NVC know that he is now a citizen right away, or they will continue to process you as an F2A (which has a longer wait time).[/quote]

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by medeay(m): 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Good evening VO, i got married to an american citizen on the 9th of july and i am planning to go on a vacation this december to meet with the family for a reunion. do i stand a chance to get the Visa since we are newly married?

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.