Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (680059 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by patlead: 8:41am On Nov 12, 2014
Hello VO,
I intend to visit the US in February, 2015.
However, my concern has been:
1- My mentor is the one sponsoring the trip; we don’t bear the same name
2- I work in a pension firm in lagos.
3- I am married but no kids yet

What documents do would I and my mentor need to provide to the embassy.?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 12, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Good morning -- I hear the administrative processing is close to complete. Barring the unforeseen, you should hear from us in a few weeks.

Good Morning-- Last week Thursday, some field agents visited my fiance at home. I know a couple of weeks ago you said the administrative processing is near complete. At this point, when can we expect to from you?

LGS2014618003
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:49am On Nov 12, 2014
icerajan:
Hello Sir,
I submitted my I-129 document and got I-797 document from USCIS. I entered wrong option for Question:
Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?
Actually,I got B1 visa refusal during 2011 March and got B1 stamping in 2012 and know I am applying for H1B and I selected No as option for the above question mistakenly instead of Yes and B1 visa refusal during 2011. Will my visa will get refused because of the mistake I have done. Please help me.

Thank You in advance

Make sure that when the officer asks you if you've ever applied for a visa before, you tell him/her what happened. As long as it doesn't look like you're attempting to conceal something, you should be fine.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:49am On Nov 12, 2014
patlead:
Hello VO,
I intend to visit the US in February, 2015.
However, my concern has been:
1- My mentor is the one sponsoring the trip; we don’t bear the same name
2- I work in a pension firm in lagos.
3- I am married but no kids yet

What documents do would I and my mentor need to provide to the embassy.?

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:52am On Nov 12, 2014
kole10:

Good Morning-- Last week Thursday, some field agents visited my fiance at home. I know a couple of weeks ago you said the administrative processing is near complete. At this point, when can we expect to from you?

LGS2014618003

I have yet to receive the field report, but I imagine it should cross my desk soon. After that happens, the beneficiary should hear from us in just a few days.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2014
kole10:How long have you been on AP?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:31am On Nov 12, 2014
nalacandi:
kole10:How long have you been on AP?

Nalacandi, please remember that every case is different. Admin pro times will vary depending on what exactly needs to be done, where the beneficiary is located, and many other factors. Comparing yourself with others is a surefire recipe for frustration, especially when you don't know the details of their cases.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Without knowing which case is yours, it's difficult for me to answer. I can tell you that if you're not invited to come to an interview, it's not possible to show up and talk to someone. We aren't able to see people who don't have appointments.

I'm guessing that you're not Nigerian-American, as you write that you would need a visa to visit him here? If so, the best source for information about visas for non-Nigerians is a Nigerian embassy or consulate.

From a health standpoint, yes, your husband should get his hepatitis series! Even if he doesn't travel, it's good to be protected.

Dear VO,

If I give u my case # can u utilize it to check our status? I have noticed that some have put out case # for response.

No I am not nigerian-American I was told I could not be a citizen. I am an American married to a Nigerian. Not sure if that changes anything there.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2014
[quote author=nalacandi post=27940393]kole10:How long have you been on AP?[/quote

Kole10 we have been in ap since 11/05/14 and desperate to find others like us to share feelings and just gain more understandin

Nalacandi]
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 10:44am On Nov 12, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Without knowing which case is yours, it's difficult for me to answer. I can tell you that if you're not invited to come to an interview, it's not possible to show up and talk to someone. We aren't able to see people who don't have appointments.

I'm guessing that you're not Nigerian-American, as you write that you would need a visa to visit him here? If so, the best source for information about visas for non-Nigerians is a Nigerian embassy or consulate.

From a health standpoint, yes, your husband should get his hepatitis series! Even if he doesn't travel, it's good to be protected.

Dear VO,

Our case # is LGS2014598024. Unfortunately when I sent the email to the embassy I left a a number out so was shocked to see if they even received my email. If u can check to see if they received the email I sent it would be greatly appreciated and if ur able to give us an update that would be appreciated as well.

Nalacandi
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:43am On Nov 12, 2014
nalacandi:

Dear VO,

Our case # is LGS2014598024. Unfortunately when I sent the email to the embassy I left a a number out so was shocked to see if they even received my email. If u can check to see if they received the email I sent it would be greatly appreciated and if ur able to give us an update that would be appreciated as well.

Nalacandi

Turns out your case number is actually LGS2014598025. I reviewed the case and can't give you any additional information at this time -- except that it looks like the administrative processing should be fairly straightforward.

nalacandi:
Kole10 we have been in ap since 11/05/14 and desperate to find others like us to share feelings and just gain more understandin

Please remember that this thread is a Q&A forum. I understand the need to share feelings about administrative processing with others who are also waiting, but that sort of discussion might be more appropriate in a different thread. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2014
Greetings VO
My mum actually posted Yesterday here about the DNA sample collection, please can I come soonest to have my swab. Its really tiring waiting around. My life continues over there. Thank you embarassed cry
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
chukwumaebenmel:
Greetings VO
My mum actually posted Yesterday here about the DNA sample collection, please can I come soonest to have my swab. Its really tiring waiting around. My life continues over there. Thank you embarassed cry

Is your mother Dazetrin? I misunderstood her message and thought you had already had your DNA sample collection. You'll be scheduled for the next available DNA collection time, but there is a long waiting list, I'm afraid. I doubt we'll be able to complete your case before your 18th birthday, but you'll remain an IR-2 even after you turn 18.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by eoc4ever: 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
VisaOfficer:

It depends. We may be able to issue a visa, or we may need more information. At this point it's too early to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
eoc4ever:

Its just so frustrating been placed on administrative review without knowing how long it takes. The long process at USCIS and NVC stages was enough to kill and now going on Administrative review is torturing. If it was possible for me and my spouse to have spent enough time together he would have done it but his present situation won't make that possible which i explained to the CO but she insisted on putting our case on AP, the whole situation is affecting my spouse's health and i don't want something bad to happen. Am sorry for ranting, i just can't hold my emotions.

We did submitted the contact sheet on Friday and we didn't receive any email telling us of any further step. Please ma kindly help us check if the contact sheet has been added to our case. LGS2014643058. Please ma, am sure if you take a look at our file you will be able to tell us the next step or give us an estimate of how long we have to wait.

I'm afraid I have nothing new to add at this point. We'll do our best to complete the administrative processing in a timely fashion, but I can't foresee exactly how long it will take.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ggeorge: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Dear Vo, My appointment was reschedule for 13th of Nov by 10:00am, i would like to ask if i am to be on the queue as early as possible with applicants schedule for 7:00am appointment, or another queue will be available for applicant asked to come by 10:00am,here is my case # LGS2013853013, Thanks Ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
ggeorge:
Dear Vo, My appointment was reschedule for 13th of Nov by 10:00am, i would like to ask if i am to be on the queue as early as possible with applicants schedule for 7:00am appointment, or another queue will be available for applicant asked to come by 10:00am, Thanks Ma.

There's a separate queue for 10:00 a.m. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ggeorge: 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
VisaOfficer:

There's a separate queue for 10:00 a.m. Good luck!
thanks ma....when is the Queue for 10:00 am likely to start Ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fasiel: 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
VisaOfficer:

It sounds like you're writing from Ethiopia? I'm not familiar with Ethiopia's adoption laws. What's true everywhere is that you can't seek immigration benefits both as the adopted child of one family and also as the biological child of a second family. If revoking your adoption is something you're allowed to do in Ethiopia, I guess you should just be careful to follow the Consulate's instructions very closely. Good luck!
tnx vo.I enter the consulate before 3 years ago & z consulate revoked my case & they said ur biological mother can't take u b/c she give for adoption. the adoption must be cancel in Ethiopian court b/c they deal in Ethiopian.& now the adoption is cancel in court.now my biological mother filed for me & now I enter the consulate & they revoked my case I don't why.pls help me I miss my mom
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fasiel: 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
tnx vo.I enter the consulate before 3 years ago & z consulate revoked my case & they said ur biological mother can't take u b/c she give for adoption. the adoption must be cancel in Ethiopian court b/c they deal in Ethiopian.& now the adoption is cancel in court.now my biological mother filed for me & now I enter the consulate & they revoked my case I don't why.pls help me I miss my mom
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Edi: 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
Thank you once again VO, we were able to pick up the document. You are really doing a wonderful job here. Well done

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by select500: 1:28am On Nov 13, 2014
ggeorge:

ggeorge,
You need to get there as early as possible ( probably by 7a.m.); You know how Lagos traffic can be! All the best!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:07am On Nov 13, 2014
ggeorge:

It's a good idea to arrive at least 30 minutes early -- and considering Lagos traffic, I hope you have already left by now! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2014
fasiel:

This sounds like a complicated case and I would need so much more information. Are you in Ethiopia or in Nigeria?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 13, 2014
Hello VO,
Good morning to you. I do not have a question to ask you right now, however I just want to say hello and wish you have a lovely day.
And to everyone out there in this visa journey, I wish you all the best. May your heart desires be granted, amen.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by juniorsmith: 9:03am On Nov 13, 2014
Morning Visaofficer,I got my 1-20 files,is it too late for me to apply for an F1 student visa,and also what am I required to get and what question are the lightly to ask me.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:11am On Nov 13, 2014
juniorsmith:
Morning Visaofficer,I got my 1-20 files,is it too late for me to apply for an F1 student visa,and also what am I required to get and what question are the lightly to ask me.

These are questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fasiel: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2014
VisaOfficer:

This sounds like a complicated case and I would need so much more information. Are you in Ethiopia or in Nigeria?
Ethiopia & like what info.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kaneazie(f): 10:26am On Nov 13, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Good morning vo thanks for your reply i went through the link and got the packet 4 and i have been able to book my medical for next month, please do i still need to come with a signed copy of the form i-864 for my interview.

thank you.

Greetings! It should be okay to schedule the medical appointment a week prior to your interview date, but please do check with the panel physician. The police certificate is valid for one year, from our point of view. The best advice I can give you is to review http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html and http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html -- it's likely that all your questions will find answers there.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by omotfavy(f): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2014
Please i did interview in April and due to my child's dna issue our visa could not b done before july regression but it wil b current in december.my question is dat wil d medicals i did then stil b valid.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
fasiel:
Ethiopia & like what info.

I'm afraid I can't help you. You should contact the Embassy or Consulate in Ethiopia that handled your case and ask them for more information. I know nothing about Ethiopian adoption laws. Sorry I can't be of assistance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
kaneazie:

We do need a signed I-864 to process your case, yes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.