Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820594 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:27am On May 05, 2016
Sjvictor21:

Thank you for your response abujaniv. Well I got my first visa in Nigeria in 2014. I thought about renewing my visa in Ukraine but I couldn't. Ustraveldocs in Ukraine states that one can only be liable for a renewal if only the applicant is a Ukrainian citizen or the person's visa was previously issued in Ukraine. Besides, as a Nigerian citizen, I have a stronger tie back home. A topic like this was being reviewed on this forum sometimes two years ago as to where is the best place to apply for a USA visa, your home country or your country of temporal residence. I believe one's home country is far better, compared to when you apply in a country whereby you are just a temporary resident. Just my own point of view. I have a lot of friends that were denied visa in Ukraine but came to nigeria, reapplied and got it.

You could have/should have made an interview appointment in Nigeria
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:27am On May 05, 2016
Buccattee:
Hello VO,
I'm canceling my interview appointment to reschedule for another appointment. Do I need to pay another fee at GTbank? When will my first payment expire?

You can only cancel your interview appointment once. After that you have to pay a new fee.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Buccattee: 8:14am On May 05, 2016
abujaniv:

You can only cancel your interview appointment once. After that you have to pay a new fee.
Thanks for the response. I have not canceled before, I'm canceling for the first time. So I will use the GT Bank payment to book another appointment? Does the GT Bank payment expires?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sjvictor21: 10:20am On May 05, 2016
abujaniv:

That's my regret. If I had known I would have gone for an interview because it takes just 2 working days. Before I did the Dropbox, I was originally told 2-3 working days as well. When I got to the DHL office I was told 4-7 working days and it's already 10 working days. Oh my days!!!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by french96: 3:28pm On May 05, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello french96,
hi! I have a wedding am attending 13th of this month. and when I want to book for the interview this month there was no space, I called embassy and told them they said I should be checking if someone drop his/her date. please is there any other way out apart from what there say. thanks.

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Arewa12: 10:41pm On May 05, 2016
Hi Guys thanks for dis thread, please i wanna go to Omaha Nebraska for 3 days conference tho it a program which was annonce in church. It a christian program, am 21 yrs of age nd am really scared of dis us embassy, i want to knw how much i shud buget for d trip. Tho their is book hotel for delegation @ sheraton old hotel. I dont want to spend more than 1 week my mum is gonna sponor me. I want to know my chances of get d visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cnwamo(m): 12:35am On May 06, 2016
Hi guys, I'm a Medical student in china been here since 2013, I have cousins in the US and they want me to visit during the winter break which is in January but i don't intend staying more than 6weeks because i need to return and prepare for the new semester.
My question is can i apply from here, and what are my chances of being issued a visa and also are there special requirements?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Arewa12: 8:11am On May 06, 2016
abujaniv:

Hi Guys thanks for dis thread, please i
wanna go to Omaha Nebraska for 3
days conference tho it a program
which was annonce in church. It a
christian program, am 21 yrs of age
nd am really scared of dis us embassy, i want to knw how much i shud buget for d trip. Tho their is book hotel for
delegation @ sheraton old hotel. I
dont want to spend more than 1
week my mum is gonna sponor me. I
want to know my chances of get d visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by french96: 10:08am On May 06, 2016
[quote author=french96 hi! I have a wedding am attending on 13th of this month and when I tried to book for my interview they showed next month appointment, I called the embassy they said I should be checking if someone drop his/her appointment date for this month so I can I pick it. please apart from this way is there any other way. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rinwalex: 12:18pm On May 06, 2016
Good day. I and husband applied for non immigrant visa. A lady attended to us. She asked for purpose of visit to the us: we told her vacation. Where are you going in the US: Houston, Texas. Have you traveled before: No. How long are we staying: 2weeks. Where do we work, said it and the actual salary. Do we have a child: No we got married last december.  Do you have anyone in the US: No. She didn't ask for any document. She said sorry, you are ineligible for a non immigrant visa under section 214(b). Please what are the chances if I reapply? We really wish to visit us. We were not able do our honey moon last year due to our job. But now that we have been granted leave, we just want to take the opportunity to visit US. Please can you enlighten me more? And what are the chances. Thanks. Looking forward for a prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:27pm On May 06, 2016
Arewa12:
Hi Guys thanks for dis thread, please i wanna go to Omaha Nebraska for 3 days conference tho it a program which was annonce in church. It a christian program, am 21 yrs of age nd am really scared of dis us embassy, i want to knw how much i shud buget for d trip. Tho their is book hotel for delegation @ sheraton old hotel. I dont want to spend more than 1 week my mum is gonna sponor me. I want to know my chances of get d visa

You really need to do your own research on how much you will need to budget, but we don't give odds on likelihood of receiving a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:28pm On May 06, 2016
cnwamo:
Hi guys, I'm a Medical student in china been here since 2013, I have cousins in the US and they want me to visit during the winter break which is in January but i don't intend staying more than 6weeks because i need to return and prepare for the new semester.
My question is can i apply from here, and what are my chances of being issued a visa and also are there special requirements?

Yes, you can apply from China. No, we won't give you odds.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rinwalex: 12:37pm On May 06, 2016
Good day. I and husband applied for non immigrant visa. We had our interview at Lagos US embassy. A lady attended to us. She asked for purpose of visit to the us: we told her vacation. Where are you going in the US: Houston, Texas. Have you traveled before: No. How long are we staying: 2weeks. Where do we work, said it and the actual salary. Do we have a child: No we got married last december.  Do you have anyone in the US: No. She didn't ask for any document. She said sorry, you are ineligible for a non immigrant visa under section 214(b). Please what are the chances if I reapply? We really wish to visit us. We were not able do our honey moon last year due to our job. But now that we have been granted leave, we just want to take the opportunity to visit US. Please can you enlighten me more? And what are the chances. Thanks. Looking forward for a prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:40pm On May 06, 2016
french96:
[quote author=french96 hi! I have a wedding am attending on 13th of this month and when I tried to book for my interview they showed next month appointment, I called the embassy they said I should be checking if someone drop his/her appointment date for this month so I can I pick it. please apart from this way is there any other way. thanks

No there is no other way - we advise to book as far in advance as possible for this reason.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:41pm On May 06, 2016
rinwalex:
Good day. I and husband applied for non immigrant visa. A lady attended to us. She asked for purpose of visit to the us: we told her vacation. Where are you going in the US: Houston, Texas. Have you traveled before: No. How long are we staying: 2weeks. Where do we work, said it and the actual salary. Do we have a child: No we got married last december.  Do you have anyone in the US: No. She didn't ask for any document. She said sorry, you are ineligible for a non immigrant visa under section 214(b). Please what are the chances if I reapply? We really wish to visit us. We were not able do our honey moon last year due to our job. But now that we have been granted leave, we just want to take the opportunity to visit US. Please can you enlighten me more? And what are the chances. Thanks. Looking forward for a prompt response.

If nothing has changed we would discourage you from reapplying. You have already been told that you do not meet the requirements under our law. Any further applications will be money wasted.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rinwalex: 2:10pm On May 06, 2016
Thank you sir. My husband own a block producing industry apart from the company he works. I also have a beauty salon along with my professional job. But when we were applying, the agent that helped with the visa application told us we don't need to state our personal businesses. We can only state our professional jobs since we are getting a leave letter from our companies and it would boost our chances and it is enough reason to be handed over US visa. We never stated our personal businesses in the application. Did we make a mistake of not stating we have businesses in Nigeria? Need your reply sir. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rinwalex: 2:30pm On May 06, 2016
Thank you sir. My husband own a block producing industry apart from the company he works. I also have a beauty salon along with my professional job. But when we were applying, the agent that helped with the visa application told us we don't need to state our personal businesses. We can only state our professional jobs since we are getting a leave letter from our companies and it would boost our chances and it is enough reason to be handed over US visa. We never stated our personal businesses in the application. Did we make a mistake of not stating we have businesses in Nigeria? Need your reply sir. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 44chux(m): 11:44pm On May 06, 2016
Hi VO

What is the limit to the amount of physical cash I can carry into the USA on a B1/B2 Visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Thrombos(f): 1:45am On May 07, 2016
Hello to Nairaland amiable V.O ,
I'm writing in respect of my sister's application. She had her interview at the Abuja embassy
Today marks exactly 10 weeks and 2 days that she's been put on administrative process . The anxiety is mounting .
She did a mail to the embassy 2 days ago and was told she'll be contacted when due .
Please help and thank you .
Have a lovely weekend
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fareedah86: 4:38pm On May 07, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello fareedah86,

First things first: why are you replacing "e" with "w", and "c" with "v"? You also seem to be missing quite a few letters. This is very odd.

1) $160. You can find that information at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/
2) If it's a multi-entry B1/B2 visa, then yes
3) If it's for a religious program, probably a B1/B2
4) We generally don't look at statements of account
5) Doesn't appear to be a question 5....
6) We aren't going to coach you through the process
7) It's possible you'll be refused for any visa you apply for.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Hello NIV
Thanks so much sir, this has been helpful. am sorry for the inconsistences, i was typing really fast, and did not get to edit before posting. Thanks once again.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cheldas: 7:05am On May 08, 2016
Hello Nlanders,
Pls I would like to ask, how do I know if I've been banned for an application because I've been to the embassy 3 times in the year 2010 & 11 and I was denied based on shady stuff which an agent cooked up for me. Now I want to apply but I would like to know if I'm eligible to apply or not.
Pls help me out if anyone knows how to check if one is banned.

Cc: @ all
Cc: @ the gurus.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LASYEM(m): 11:28pm On May 08, 2016
hello house , i need urgent help. am going for a seminar in Canada and want to use the opportunity to visit the USA through Niagara fall and do a little road trip to Chicago. but my seminar for Canada starts 30/05/16 and i cant get an appointment for early may again. please can anyone help me get an early date appointment with the us embassy for may..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:31am On May 09, 2016
cheldas:
Hello Nlanders,
Pls I would like to ask, how do I know if I've been banned for an application because I've been to the embassy 3 times in the year 2010 & 11 and I was denied based on shady stuff which an agent cooked up for me. Now I want to apply but I would like to know if I'm eligible to apply or not.
Pls help me out if anyone knows how to check if one is banned.

Cc: @ all
Cc: @ the gurus.

Thanks in anticipation

Hello cheldas,

This is why you should NEVER use an agent - they do not have your interests at heart, only their wallets. The actions you took in 2010 and 2011 have left a very deep mark on your record because ultimately you chose to use "the shady stuff they cooked up." I cannot comment specifically on your case, but you most likely are not "banned" but you may have hard ineligibilities for misrepresentation on your file that you will have to overcome. The only way to do this is to be COMPLETELY upfront and clear with the interviewing officer and explain your previous mistakes right away.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:32am On May 09, 2016
LASYEM:
hello house , i need urgent help. am going for a seminar in Canada and want to use the opportunity to visit the USA through Niagara fall and do a little road trip to Chicago. but my seminar for Canada starts 30/05/16 and i cant get an appointment for early may again. please can anyone help me get an early date appointment with the us embassy for may..

Hello LASYEM,

All scheduling is done by CGI Nigeria and unfortunately there is not a way to circumvent the wait time. This is why we encourage all people to apply EARLY and plan ahead. The busy summer season is upon us and although we have added many more NIV slots each week, the wait times will continue to increase as demand increases.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:34am On May 09, 2016
Thrombos:
Hello to Nairaland amiable V.O ,
I'm writing in respect of my sister's application. She had her interview at the Abuja embassy
Today marks exactly 10 weeks and 2 days that she's been put on administrative process . The anxiety is mounting .
She did a mail to the embassy 2 days ago and was told she'll be contacted when due .
Please help and thank you .
Have a lovely weekend

Hello Thrombos,

Unfortunately we cannot comment on specific cases. Her best option is to email Abuja, but since that has been done, we can only recommed that you are patient.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:38am On May 09, 2016
rinwalex:
Thank you sir. My husband own a block producing industry apart from the company he works. I also have a beauty salon along with my professional job. But when we were applying, the agent that helped with the visa application told us we don't need to state our personal businesses. We can only state our professional jobs since we are getting a leave letter from our companies and it would boost our chances and it is enough reason to be handed over US visa. We never stated our personal businesses in the application. Did we make a mistake of not stating we have businesses in Nigeria? Need your reply sir. Thanks

Hello rinwalex,

You made a mistake by using an agent - NEVER use an agent. This is a perfect example of how an agent may have hurt your application and not helped. You can apply again, but please do not use an agent or pay anyone for advice - when you pay someone for advice, it is clear that they only want your money and not truly to help you. Your employment is not your only way to show ties to Nigeria however and make sure to read they letter that was given to you to ensure that you can demonstrate to the officer all your ties.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.