Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818924 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Thrombos(f): 7:16pm On May 09, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello Thrombos,

Unfortunately we cannot comment on specific cases. Her best option is to email Abuja, but since that has been done, we can only recommed that you are patient.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Thanks VO , for taking out time .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by judsr: 8:22pm On May 09, 2016
Greetings, Mr. @abujaniv

If I have a uncle on living abroad, but I don't know exactly where. Then, on DS-160 I answer that I don't know anyone on U.S. What could occur if happens that my uncle is actually living on U.S without my knowledge?

Respectfully,
Jud.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cheldas: 11:00pm On May 09, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello cheldas,

This is why you should NEVER use an agent - they do not have your interests at heart, only their wallets. The actions you took in 2010 and 2011 have left a very deep mark on your record because ultimately you chose to use "the shady stuff they cooked up." I cannot comment specifically on your case, but you most likely are not "banned" but you may have hard ineligibilities for misrepresentation on your file that you will have to overcome. The only way to do this is to be COMPLETELY upfront and clear with the interviewing officer and explain your previous mistakes right away.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Thanks so much.
Pls how do I be COMPLETELY upfront ?
Pls I want to apply with my wife for childbirth because we are expecting 2 but I'm thinking she should apply on her own so as not to be a burden on her chances of getting visa as advices by some guru on other thread while some told me that grace abound once we are both truthful just because of my pass record with the embassy. Pls, she doesn't have travel history but I do, to kotonou, Malaysia, South Africa & Kenya. Also, I have Belize visa which call fake because it was the same agent who help get that visa.
Pls what's your take because I know I have complications.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by SEGUNKUM: 11:24pm On May 09, 2016
Good work Officer,

I submitted application for my wife and myself but later found out that the hotel i booked was cancelled due to card error, and when i corrected the error, i found out that the hotel i filled in our application was already sold out. i tried to book another one but all what they have is separate rooms. i managed to book one room, but hope the interview officer will not frown at that? my main question is that can i book another hotel for two? and how can i include it in my application form. thanks for the good job.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by anonymousxxz: 2:24am On May 10, 2016
Dear V.O,
I am a college student and will be renewing my visa in Nigeria soon but I am very scared for one reason. I am afraid that I am going to be judged badly and rejected. I was given a ticket for lewdness after being caught in the car with my boyfriend and not giving my full name to the police officer because i was scared. I am yet to pay the fine and plan on doing so. Do you think that this will have an effect on my visa application? can i still use the drop box renewal method? Please what do you think i should do? I must state that i have very good records in my school and hold respectable positions. The ticket was more than embarrassing for me. I look forward to your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bissiejoe: 7:19am On May 10, 2016
Hello AbujaNIV,

Is it possible to fill a new DS 160 form after booking appointment for visa interview?
I found out that the date of arrival to the US on the DS 160 form used to book interview appointment was wrong.
What do you think can be done in this case?
I hope to hear from you soon

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bims87(f): 10:42am On May 10, 2016
@Abujaniv, does somebody that didn't use his 2yrs US visa qualify for dropbox?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bims87(f): 10:55am On May 10, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello HerbertObi,

Unfortunately, if your last visa was issued outside Nigeria, in the past one could not use Dropbox. However, the guidelines for the Dropbox program will be changing effective March 15 and are as follows:

To qualify for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Program, visa applicants must be applying to renew either a B1/B2, an F or M, J, an L, or an H visa (must be applying for the same class of visa). They must satisfy all of the following criteria for their visa class. If applying as a group or family, all members must fulfill each criteria to use the program.
For a B1/B2 visa holder:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;
• The applicant was issued a two-year B1/B2 United States visa;
• The visa expired no more than four years prior to reissuance;
• The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
• The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Does this mean a person qualifies for dropbox if they didn't use the visa?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hazytraveller: 1:55pm On May 10, 2016
Dear V.O

I had my baby in d states last year 2015 using the self-paying package at the hospital I used; paid my delivery bills and got the necessary receipts; Recently this year 2016, my visa was cancelled with Prejudice at the POE based on reasons: my bill was too small because there were adjustments included on the bill. That I took Medicaid otherwise how come I have such a small bill; the CBP officer also complained that I changed my hospital from the initial one I wanted to use after I entered the states last year;
Please bear in mind that I have contacted the hospital concerning my bills and was confirmed not owing the hospital. Kindly clarify if one is not allowed to change hospital and what is the process of applying for a new visa as the initial one was cancelled WITH PREJUDICE
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sjvictor21: 3:29pm On May 10, 2016
Hi my fellow Nairalanders,

So I was the Ukraine student that came all the way down to renew my visa in Nigeria. I guess the DHL office in Abuja is quite ineffective. My passport has been laying still in their office for almost 10 days with my visa stamped. Like I was mad at them. I wasn't called neither was i sent any mail. I kept on calling the embassy and I was told to wait for the mail. While I tracked my passport online, it kept on showing your passport is still at the US embassy/consulate. When I tracked it using the ceac website, it has been showing issued since 28th of April and when I called the embassy, they told me to still wait till I hear from the DHL office. I just had to go their office after waiting for too long. I missed my flight back to school cause of their ish. I only got to realize that the Dropbox I did took only 4 working days. I still thank God for his mercies because it could have been worse. I am having my final exams in 2 weeks. What a risky thing I did.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bobels01: 3:40pm On May 10, 2016
Dear V/O.

My fiancee lives in Nigeria and we have two kids together, he's an American citizen and my kids too are carrying an American passport, which we got here in Nigeria. I got an invitation from my mother inlaw/my kids grandmother who's also an American citizen to bring the kids to United States for holiday and first time visit, but i was denied visa on grounds that I couldn't demonstrate that:-

1). My intended activities would be consistent with the classification of non immigrant visa for which I applied.

2). That I have a residence in a foreign country that I have no intention of abandoning. But the trust is my interviewer never asked me for any documents to authenticate the answers I gave him, not even my invitation letter, husband support documents and mine for that matter.evidence to show I own a business here, bank statements to show capacity to pay for my trip even with the affidavit of support from my mother inlaw etc. Now, all this documents and more were right there with me like I stated he never asked to see.

Now, we intend to re-apply and my fiancee thinks he should apply this time while we (myself and our nanny) go under him. please what do you think he needs to show for us not to be denied the second time.

Help us out.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rinwalex: 5:11pm On May 10, 2016
Good evening V/O.
There is no space to add business in the application. My husband has a job alongside with his personal business. I also have a job with a business. Please, I need your opinion on this. There is only a space to specify our jobs and salary. Do we have to tell the consular officer we have business which we didn't indicate in our application?
Thank you sir.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kaykay12345: 8:48pm On May 10, 2016
Good evening V/O

I have been following this pages for a while untill my visa application was refuse.. I can find the major reason why i was denial in the first because i was not even given a fair hearing from the visa officer in lagos..

I was suppose to travel with b1/b2 visa for a conventions.
v.o where are you going in the usa ? ... i told him
v.o why are you going there ? i told him is for aci convention
v.o who is organizing the conventions ? i told him is aci north america
v.o are u marred ? Yes
v.o kids ? yes a Daughter
v.o have you travel outside the country b4 ? yes south africa 2 times and dubai once and other africa counrty like ghana etc
v.o what do you do ? i told him i am into agricultural commodities i am the managing director of my company..

the next thing i saw was a blue paper that he is sorry i do not qualify for the visa bco i could not demonstrate that i have a strong tie in my country.. like professional work school family or social link..

I sincerely need someone to tell me what i did wrong..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by blessedfavoured: 8:59pm On May 10, 2016
Dear Vo,

My sister wants to renew her F1 visa using the dropbox renewal service.

Does she need to submit my dad's bank statement with her application? Also, can she use an unofficial transcript ( downloaded from webadvisor).

Thank you.

Cc lagosniv and abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by anonymousxxz: 12:59am On May 11, 2016
Please reply my question
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:16am On May 11, 2016
judsr:
Greetings, Mr. @abujaniv

If I have a uncle on living abroad, but I don't know exactly where. Then, on DS-160 I answer that I don't know anyone on U.S. What could occur if happens that my uncle is actually living on U.S without my knowledge?

Respectfully,
Jud.

Hello judsr,

You must fill out the form to the best of your knowledge and be upfront and honest in both your application and at the interview window.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:18am On May 11, 2016
anonymousxxz:
Please reply my question

Hello anonymousxxz,

Please be patient, this is something that we do in addition to our full time job to help applicant's out. If we haven't responded right away it is because we are busy.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:21am On May 11, 2016
cheldas:

Thanks so much.
Pls how do I be COMPLETELY upfront ?
Pls I want to apply with my wife for childbirth because we are expecting 2 but I'm thinking she should apply on her own so as not to be a burden on her chances of getting visa as advices by some guru on other thread while some told me that grace abound once we are both truthful just because of my pass record with the embassy. Pls, she doesn't have travel history but I do, to kotonou, Malaysia, South Africa & Kenya. Also, I have Belize visa which call fake because it was the same agent who help get that visa.
Pls what's your take because I know I have complications.
Thanks in anticipation

Hello cheldas,

Each application comes with a fresh interview and a chance to prove that your ties to Nigeria are strong enough to overcome 214b (the presumption of immigrant intent). You have a bigger hurdle to overcome because of your past applications, but if you currently overcome 214b (which I cannot assess for you or anyone on this forum) than you will need to also explain to the officer how those mistakes in the past are not pertinent to your case today.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:24am On May 11, 2016
SEGUNKUM:
Good work Officer,

I submitted application for my wife and myself but later found out that the hotel i booked was cancelled due to card error, and when i corrected the error, i found out that the hotel i filled in our application was already sold out. i tried to book another one but all what they have is separate rooms. i managed to book one room, but hope the interview officer will not frown at that? my main question is that can i book another hotel for two? and how can i include it in my application form. thanks for the good job.

Hello SEGUNKUM,

If the officer asks about your travel plans and where you wil stay, you can explain what happened.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:34am On May 11, 2016
anonymousxxz:
Dear V.O,
I am a college student and will be renewing my visa in Nigeria soon but I am very scared for one reason. I am afraid that I am going to be judged badly and rejected. I was given a ticket for lewdness after being caught in the car with my boyfriend and not giving my full name to the police officer because i was scared. I am yet to pay the fine and plan on doing so. Do you think that this will have an effect on my visa application? can i still use the drop box renewal method? Please what do you think i should do? I must state that i have very good records in my school and hold respectable positions. The ticket was more than embarrassing for me. I look forward to your response.

Hello anonymousxxz,

If you were arrested, it is best to come renew with an interview so you can explain the charge and show the officer your official school transcripts. We have access to all records in the U.S. and it is always best to be upfront about any problems with the law. Everyone make mistakes, so the best policy is coming clean about it.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:38am On May 11, 2016
bissiejoe:
Hello AbujaNIV,

Is it possible to fill a new DS 160 form after booking appointment for visa interview?
I found out that the date of arrival to the US on the DS 160 form used to book interview appointment was wrong.
What do you think can be done in this case?
I hope to hear from you soon

Hello bissiejoe,

That is a systems question for CGI Nigeria.

Regards,

Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:41am On May 11, 2016
bims87:
@Abujaniv, does somebody that didn't use his 2yrs US visa qualify for dropbox?

Hello bims87,

Dropbox is open for people who have a valid U.S. visa (B1/B2, H, F and M) that has expired within 48 months.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:51am On May 11, 2016
hazytraveller:
Dear V.O

I had my baby in d states last year 2015 using the self-paying package at the hospital I used; paid my delivery bills and got the necessary receipts; Recently this year 2016, my visa was cancelled with Prejudice at the POE based on reasons: my bill was too small because there were adjustments included on the bill. That I took Medicaid otherwise how come I have such a small bill; the CBP officer also complained that I changed my hospital from the initial one I wanted to use after I entered the states last year;
Please bear in mind that I have contacted the hospital concerning my bills and was confirmed not owing the hospital. Kindly clarify if one is not allowed to change hospital and what is the process of applying for a new visa as the initial one was cancelled WITH PREJUDICE

Hello hazytraveller,

You can apply for a new visa at either Abuja or Lagos. Make sure to bring your receipts and be ready to explain all the costs associated with your stay in the U.S. and why you changed hospitals. Just be upfront and clear with the officer and explain your new purpose of travel. We also recommend to all people going to the U.S. for birth to make sure that the hospital doesn't sign you up for public assistance - it is easier for their accounting to do it so many times they do it without telling you. You must be clear with the accounting staff that you CANNOT accept any public assistance or it will hurt your chances of getting visas in the future.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hazytraveller: 10:56am On May 11, 2016
thank you for your swift feedback.
please do I need an immigration lawyer as I was told once someone's visa gets cancelled WITH PREJUDICE, it will take a lawyer before one can appear before the embassy.

abujaniv:

Hello hazytraveller,

You can apply for a new visa at either Abuja or Lagos. Make sure to bring your receipts and be ready to explain all the costs associated with your stay in the U.S. and why you changed hospitals. Just be upfront and clear with the officer and explain your new purpose of travel. We also recommend to all people going to the U.S. for birth to make sure that the hospital doesn't sign you up for public assistance - it is easier for their accounting to do it so many times they do it without telling you. You must be clear with the accounting staff that you CANNOT accept any public assistance or it will hurt your chances of getting visas in the future.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:54am On May 11, 2016
Bobels01:
Dear V/O.

My fiancee lives in Nigeria and we have two kids together, he's an American citizen and my kids too are carrying an American passport, which we got here in Nigeria. I got an invitation from my mother inlaw/my kids grandmother who's also an American citizen to bring the kids to United States for holiday and first time visit, but i was denied visa on grounds that I couldn't demonstrate that:-

1). My intended activities would be consistent with the classification of non immigrant visa for which I applied.

2). That I have a residence in a foreign country that I have no intention of abandoning. But the trust is my interviewer never asked me for any documents to authenticate the answers I gave him, not even my invitation letter, husband support documents and mine for that matter.evidence to show I own a business here, bank statements to show capacity to pay for my trip even with the affidavit of support from my mother inlaw etc. Now, all this documents and more were right there with me like I stated he never asked to see.

Now, we intend to re-apply and my fiancee thinks he should apply this time while we (myself and our nanny) go under him. please what do you think he needs to show for us not to be denied the second time.

Help us out.

Thanks

Hello Bobels01,

It is very difficult to qualify for a tourist visa when by definition your ties are stronger to the U.S. (you have American children and an American fiance). Your best path is to have your fiance petition for you in the immigrant visa process. You are welcome to apply again, but overcoming the presumption of immigrant intent will be very difficult - you must convince the officer that you will not misuse the tourist visa by adjusting status or staying illegally in the U.S.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:59am On May 11, 2016
rinwalex:
Good evening V/O.
There is no space to add business in the application. My husband has a job alongside with his personal business. I also have a job with a business. Please, I need your opinion on this. There is only a space to specify our jobs and salary. Do we have to tell the consular officer we have business which we didn't indicate in our application?
Thank you sir.

Hello rinwalex,

You should tell the officer about all of your ties to Nigeria - professional and independent work all count as ties.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:00pm On May 11, 2016
hazytraveller:
thank you for your swift feedback.
please do I need an immigration lawyer as I was told once someone's visa gets cancelled WITH PREJUDICE, it will take a lawyer before one can appear before the embassy.

Hello hazytraveller,

You do not need a lawyer.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pator(m): 12:16pm On May 11, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello Pator,

Your mother will need to qualify on her own merits, although it is possible for another person to pay for a trip. She will need to explain to the officer her purpose of travel and clearly detail her ties to Nigeria. It is sometimes harder for people to qualify for a tourist visa when they have family living in the U.S. as citizens or LPR.

Regards,
Nigeria Visa Team

Thanks guys. Finally my mother in law was issued the visa. One thing I learnt is that it pays to be truthful. Everyone I asked told me it would be impossible because I didn't use an agent and that I shouldn't have filled the application the way I did, I should have said she filled the application herself, etc..... I chose to stay on the side of truth even though I lost faith that she would get the visa. But thank God truth prevailed. Same when I applied for mine and my wife, we were told we should have gone through an agent but I never paid a dime to anyone and God did it.

Thanks NIV team. And oh people be truthful, when those guys see the truth, they know it. So be truthful.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:15pm On May 11, 2016
pator:

Thanks guys. Finally my mother in law was issued the visa. One thing I learnt is that it pays to be truthful. Everyone I asked told me it would be impossible because I didn't use an agent and that I shouldn't have filled the application the way I did, I should have said she filled the application herself, etc..... I chose to stay on the side of truth even though I lost faith that she would get the visa. But thank God truth prevailed. Same when I applied for mine and my wife, we were told we should have gone through an agent but I never paid a dime to anyone and God did it.

Thanks NIV team. And oh people be truthful, when those guys see the truth, they know it. So be truthful.

Hello Pator,

Thanks for the message. Honest is ALWAYS the best policy!

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.