Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819819 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:43am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello NanaF,

Seems like you answered your own question. Getting paid for the services that you provide in the U.S. is working. Seems clear that what you are describing is a clear violation of your tourist visa.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

NanaF:
Hello,

I know it's illegal to work on a B1/B2 visa but are you allowed to earn money on that visa.

For example, organizing paid workshops or tutorials as a makeup artist, photographer, cook etc.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:44am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello coulouredgirl

Explain that to the officer at the border.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Colouredgirl:
Dear VO
Am a lil bit confused,i intend staying in houston,buy my hubby's friend flaked on us..now i intend staying with my aunt in chicago.
Does it pose a Problem if i my POE is chicago and i end up not goin to Houston,i am goin on childbirth grounds..
Note:the addy i used on my visa app is houston.
Pls i need help on this
Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello colouredgirl,

Please do not respond to questions on this forum. We created this thread for applicants to ask visa officers directly and since you are not a visa officer, we would prefer for Abuja NIV and Lagos NIV to offer the responses, as we are the experts in this field.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Colouredgirl:

There is no point lying..they actually issue visas in childbirth grounds..you will ne suprised how they just want simple honesty..when i got my visa,i simply said childbirth and vacation,despite no job and travel experience...honesty pays in my opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:07am On Aug 08, 2016
Good morning visa officer.

Is it important for an applicant to bring two passport photo to the interview even after successfully uploading same passport on DS-160 form successfully?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by NanaF: 9:19am On Aug 08, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello NanaF,

Seems like you answered your own question. Getting paid for the services that you provide in the U.S. is working. Seems clear that what you are describing is a clear violation of your tourist visa.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Thank you.

I was asking not for myself but for someone else I noticed offering such services on a tourist visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Colouredgirl: 11:05am On Aug 08, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello colouredgirl,

Please do not respond to questions on this forum. We created this thread for applicants to ask visa officers directly and since you are not a visa officer, we would prefer for Abuja NIV and Lagos NIV to offer the responses, as we are the experts in this field.

Regards,

Abuja NIV
Oh ok...wasnt aware

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello omolade21,

Please call the hotline at +23414406218 or email support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com for more assistance with appointments. We use a third party constract company and they will be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

omolade21:
Hello AbujaNIV. Pls I need help with clarification on these issues of mine. I was supposed to be interviewed on the 7th of July this year at the American embassy in Lagos. On getting there 'twas discovered that I haven't filled my DS-160 form, but I was able to book an appointment with my email as my username instead of the correct name on my Intl.Passport. My issues here is, the mistake of my name has been rectified, I tried rebooking using the same Reciept I used in paying since I was told by the official that I can still use the Reciept in booking a appointment. The Reciept is being rejected. Am I to pay a new fee and fill a new form or what's the way out? Looking forward to your warmly response. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello frontpagelawyer,

It is a good idea to have an extra set of passport photos, in case the photo cannot be uploaded into the system or if it does not meet the requirements.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

FrontPageLawyer:
Good morning visa officer.

Is it important for an applicant to bring two passport photo to the interview even after successfully uploading same passport on DS-160 form successfully?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello NanaF,

Just to be clear, a b1b2 is a tourist visa. There are special visas for people who are coming to work. So someone who is entering the US as a tourist is not allowed to work.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

NanaF:

Thank you.

I was asking not for myself but for someone else I noticed offering such services on a tourist visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello,
Asking for my mom who isn't on NL.
Her b1b2 visa just expired in June which qualifies her for drop box renewal. But she intends to apply for my brothers who aren't up to 18. Can she also apply through the dropbox or they have to appear at the embassy? (this would be their first application)
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Tomisinobbm,

All first time applicants must appear in person for an interview.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

tomisinobbm:
Hello,
Asking for my mom who isn't on NL.
Her b1b2 visa just expired in June which qualifies her for drop box renewal. But she intends to apply for my brothers who aren't up to 18. Can she also apply through the dropbox or they have to appear at the embassy? (this would be their first application)
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Arrestdarrester,

Please reach out to ConsularAbuja@state.gov directly for more information. We will be able to assist you better in a private venue.

Regards,

Abuja NIV
arrestdarrester:
Hello Abuja NIV team,

I had my interview on Feb 1st 2016.

My application was placed under 221g.

I was contacted via email shortly later in February to drop off my passport at the collection centre.

Much later i was informed my application was still undergoing administrative processing and was asked to pick up my passport if i had other travel plans. I did not pick it up since i had no other travel plans.

I didn't hear anything again until last week when i was contacted by ConsularAbuja to bring my international passport again.

I replied the email saying my passport was not retrieved since i dropped it off at the collection centre in February.

I got an automatic response saying my reply will be responded to in 2 business days. Its more than a week now and i have not heard from ConsularAbuja.

Please advise; what should I do at this time?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Dortex4real,

U.S. Immigration law is very strict and the burden of proof is on the applicant to explain to the officer their ties that will compel them to return. We will not comment further on your case or anyone else's. If you feel that you did not properly explain your case, you are more than welcome to reapply at any time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

dortex4real:
Dear Abujaniv, I think this visa of a thing is a game of luck. No matter how true you intention is one can still be denied without giving cogent reason. I applied for b1/b2 visa class and was interviewed last week and still got denied as a military personnel. A police officer too got denied in my presence. What could serve as a tie to one's country after serving his father's land for years and still serving? Still wondering what exactly the VO used to adjudicate my own case when I know that I will come back after the visit. If the VO thinks I won't come back what will happen to my pension that I have laboured for? Some cases should be judged critically base on personality
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sarki140: 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2016
Good Afternoon Consular officer. Please I heard that decision to grant or deny a visa are taken long before the applicant appear for the interview and that the interview is a mere formality.Hope to hear from you.Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Sarki140,

Thanks for asking this question. This is a common myth and simply is not true. The law is very clear that each applicant has the opportunity to present their case in person in an interview in front of an officer.

Feel free to ask these questions because we aim to clear up confusion on the process and strive to provide accurate information to potential applicants.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Sarki140:
Good Afternoon Consular officer. Please I heard that decision to grant or deny a visa are taken long before the applicant appear for the interview and that the interview is a mere formality.Hope to hear from you.Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sarki140: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
Thank you very much for enlightening me on that.my last question is that if a Consular officer ask you why do you want to travel to the US?please is it appropriate to use that as an opportunity to explain yourself in depth to the officer?Thank you once again.Hoping for your reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mkmyers45(m): 5:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Mkmyers45,

Not sure what you mean by make a change. If you told the officer your purpose of travel was for one reason and you appear at the border with a completely different purpose of travel, you should be prepared to explain to the officer the reason.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

I am asking in regards to an applicant financial situation. Assuming an applicant is self-sponsoring to attend a training course in the USA and after booking a date for interview but before the interview proper he/she receives sponsorship from government or a private corporation. Considering information about applicant's finances has already been filled during application. How does the applicant present this change to the VO without it appearing deceptive?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jaStar: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Tbaba2,

We are not sure why people keep asking what their chances of getting a visa are. This is not the purpose of this thread. We cannot and will not give chances on getting a visa. We are not in the gambling business.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Or what documents they need.
When they can just read through the thread and get all the answers they want.
I would ignore them if it was me but I think VO should just answer all such questions with a link to Page 1.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by arrestdarrester: 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
Thank you.

abujaniv:
Hello Arrestdarrester,

Please reach out to ConsularAbuja@state.gov directly for more information. We will be able to assist you better in a private venue.

Regards,

Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kelmasu(f): 11:44am On Aug 09, 2016
Hello VO,
Can I apply for a visit visa for my baby and I without my husband as he won't be available because of the nature of his job.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Hydris(m): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello VO,
Great work you are doing....please i need help with MRV payment, i tried scheduling an appointment , but had issues with internet connection on first trial and was interrupted,,ii then tried again but the MRV fee receipt no cudnt be validated,,please how do i resolve this? am i to pay another fee?..thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gorimapa: 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello People, Thanks for this forum. Please I have an interview in a fortnight to attend at the U.S embassy for a B1/B2 visa application. I have a conference to attend sometime in september related to my field. A have a letter from the organisation, fully registered for the conference, a letter from my employer stating intent to be responsible for the trip and accomodation. I have travelled to the UAE before for a similar meeting but under a different employer and that was some ten years ago and the ink on the stamps(arrival and departure) on the old passport has affected some of the other pages, would it be wise to also take this expired passport with the washed ink to the embassy to show that I have travelled before?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello Kelmasu,

Both parents do not need to be present.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

kelmasu:
Hello VO,
Can I apply for a visit visa for my baby and I without my husband as he won't be available because of the nature of his job.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello Hydris,

Those questions are best answered by reaching out to our third-party provider. Their email address is support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com or by calling +23414406218.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Hydris:
Hello VO,
Great work you are doing....please i need help with MRV payment, i tried scheduling an appointment , but had issues with internet connection on first trial and was interrupted,,ii then tried again but the MRV fee receipt no cudnt be validated,,please how do i resolve this? am i to pay another fee?..thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello Gorimapa,

It sounds like you are stressed about getting all of these documents that you really don't need. They are not required and the officers will most likely not ask for them. It is always a good idea to bring old passports.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

gorimapa:
Hello People, Thanks for this forum. Please I have an interview in a fortnight to attend at the U.S embassy for a B1/B2 visa application. I have a conference to attend sometime in september related to my field. A have a letter from the organisation, fully registered for the conference, a letter from my employer stating intent to be responsible for the trip and accomodation. I have travelled to the UAE before for a similar meeting but under a different employer and that was some ten years ago and the ink on the stamps(arrival and departure) on the old passport has affected some of the other pages, would it be wise to also take this expired passport with the washed ink to the embassy to show that I have travelled before?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sleek5(f): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello VO,

My mom who is not on nairaland went for her b1/b2 interview on August 9ty at the abuja embassy and she was granted a visa and asked to pick up at the collection centre on Thursday August 11th. She went there and was told her passport is still with the embassy, same thing it says when she tracked it online thereafter. Is there a reason for this? Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by excelyem: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
Pls house I miss my appointment for b1b2 application do I need to buy another visa fee..... I don't knw how to go about this
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by StraightManner: 7:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello VO,

Pls which category of Visa can I apply for as I'm intend to go for a short license course in Ohio in the State.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by StraightManner: 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello VO,

Pls which category of Visa can I apply for as I'm intend to go for a short license course (3weeks) in Ohio in the State.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Kingaerovida(m): 2:14am On Aug 12, 2016
]Hi VO,

I have a burden in my heart ,I have been to state twice and the highest i ever stay was for 1 month. On the 4th of August 2016 i was at the Lagos Embassy for interview, by the end of the interview she gave me white slip requesting me to submit 3 extra documents of bill of lading ORIGINAL which i did Thru DHL address location on white slip over a week ago. I just want to know how long is going to take for Embassy to get back to me and does that mean i might be Renewed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.