Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820113 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 2ngy: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
hello CO,

sir, thanks for your response, but i'm not yet cleared whether i can drop my application and my family's own in the dropbox
program or not.

regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tending: 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
PLEASE HELP WITH ANSWER

Good Morning everybody?

Help me with this questions.

I'm married, and i intend traveling to USA for my graduate study. My main purpose is for Education.

That b said, after my graduate education, is it possible for me to settle down in USA by bring in my wife?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by princekkb: 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
Good afternoon @Abujaniv sir.

Stumbled on this platform yesterday, kindly guide me aright please. Checked my travel history to the US last night on the CBP portal and noticed that my last exit from the US isn't there. Was there early last year and left early last year too.

Had wanted to renew my visa now via dropbox, then this. I'm a whole lot discomforted because it seems to me from that record that I'm still in the US. How do I rectify or straighten this sir? Or is it that I'm the one not checking the portal properly? Or it is not mandatory i see it completely on the portal?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by skitkid2(m): 12:06am On Aug 23, 2016
Hello, my name is victor. I would get straight to the point.
I was discussing with a guy in the US and he offered to invite me to the US. Pls I would like ANYBODY to give me the requirements of what I would need to travel to the US(SOUTHERN INDIANA to be precise) and how much you think its going to cost me. I am going there for 2 reasons, He will put me through school and also get me signed to a record label( cause am a MUSICIAN). Thanks will be expecting to hear from ANYBODY.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by amynuch: 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
Good day Abuja NIV,

I was granted B1/B2 visa in feb 2014 for the purpose of childbirth. Travelled in March and returned to Nigeria in June.
I want to renew my visa via drop box as my B1/B2 visa expired in February this year. Never been refused visa before, I have my zero balance from the hospital had my child in the US. I have just been informed by a friend that If you travelled on the above visa type, you for birthing purpose, you'll be required to appear in person. Please is this information true and what is the reason for this new development? Awaiting your prompt response. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello Tending,

To live in the U.S. for work, a U.S. based company must petition for you.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Tending:
PLEASE HELP WITH ANSWER

Good Morning everybody?

Help me with this questions.

I'm married, and i intend traveling to USA for my graduate study. My main purpose is for Education.

That b said, after my graduate education, is it possible for me to settle down in USA by bring in my wife?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello Princekkb,

The U.S. does not stamp passports when someone exits the country. There is no need to worry, just ensure that you declare on your application the correct duration of stay in the U.S. for all of your trips.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

princekkb:
Good afternoon @Abujaniv sir.

Stumbled on this platform yesterday, kindly guide me aright please. Checked my travel history to the US last night on the CBP portal and noticed that my last exit from the US isn't there. Was there early last year and left early last year too.

Had wanted to renew my visa now via dropbox, then this. I'm a whole lot discomforted because it seems to me from that record that I'm still in the US. How do I rectify or straighten this sir? Or is it that I'm the one not checking the portal properly? Or it is not mandatory i see it completely on the portal?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello Skitkid2,

You are talking about two completely different things. First, if you are coming to the U.S. to study, you must apply for a student visa (F1) or if you are coming to perform for a profit, you must apply for a performers visa (P3). As for your question "how much you think its going to cost me", can you please clarify? If you are referring to an agent's fees, we cannot stress enough how terrible of an idea that is. Our officers are highly trained and applicants who use agents to fraudulently obtain visas are likely to end up not getting a visa, getting a lifetime ban or even arrested. You seem to be very lost on the process, so please educate yourself by visiting our website: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

skitkid2:
Hello, my name is victor. I would get straight to the point.
I was discussing with a guy in the US and he offered to invite me to the US. Pls I would like ANYBODY to give me the requirements of what I would need to travel to the US(SOUTHERN INDIANA to be precise) and how much you think its going to cost me. I am going there for 2 reasons, He will put me through school and also get me signed to a record label( cause am a MUSICIAN). Thanks will be expecting to hear from ANYBODY.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello austinosita,

We reported your post as it sidetracks the goal of the thread, which is to answer questions from potential applicants. To the rest of our readers- please keep your questions coming! We love to hear from you and find that it is really helpful to engage in a conversation. Rants against officers and U.S. immigration law have no place on this thread and we would appreciate it if we could stay on track.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by YankeeShipping: 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello visa officer. Tank u for the good work u are doing, pls I have a question. My father and mother are applying to visit my senior brother who is a citizen in the U.S for Christmas holidays, they have submitted there applications online, but the problem is my father is 82 and he clicked where it says above 80 to click, so it authomaticlly took him to drop box section and secondly my mum is not upto 80 yet they were both joined together in that drop box application type, please note also that none of the have visited the U.S before. Pls visa officer what do we do?

Tanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oblo(m): 7:28am On Aug 24, 2016
Good morning Abuja NIV

Please my Mum who has a green card has to visit USA for 3 weeks sometime next month and I would need to accompany her to and fro due to her health condition. I intend taking time off from work to make this trip with her.

Please what are the steps to take?

Would I need to have my Mum with me during my visa appointment at the embassy?

Are there any specific requirements from me to make this trip with her?

If I meet all I want to start the process ASAP.

Thanks a lot.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by vickifeanyi47(m): 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hello Abuja NIV.

You are doing a good work. I have a question. I'm a fresh graduate just completed my NYSC program some months ago. I intend to visit the states to see my Cousin brother. I have no travelling experience as this is my first time. Which documents do I need to apply for visa? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kojokojo122: 8:10am On Aug 25, 2016
Hello VO, my family ( Father, mother and daughter) applied for B1/B2. The visa was granted at the interview stage but later received a mail for my husband to come for interview. Thereafter the visa was denied back in 2014 after the interview. Had a valid uk visa and we have a travel history as family.

We are both working and our family size has increase to four. Our travel plan is to go on family vacation every 2years and we don't spend more than 2weeks.

We intend to visit UK and Canada for 2weeks in November 2016.

We want to re-apply in March 2017 after our family vacation or should we just apply now before traveling in November ?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
YankeeShipping:
Hello visa officer. Tank u for the good work u are doing, pls I have a question. My father and mother are applying to visit my senior brother who is a citizen in the U.S for Christmas holidays, they have submitted there applications online, but the problem is my father is 82 and he clicked where it says above 80 to click, so it authomaticlly took him to drop box section and secondly my mum is not upto 80 yet they were both joined together in that drop box application type, please note also that none of the have visited the U.S before. Pls visa officer what do we do?

Tanks

For technical assistance, reach out to the call center. Individuals over 80 are welcome to apply via dropbox regardless of whether they have traveled to the US before.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
oblo:
Good morning Abuja NIV

Please my Mum who has a green card has to visit USA for 3 weeks sometime next month and I would need to accompany her to and fro due to her health condition. I intend taking time off from work to make this trip with her.

Please what are the steps to take?

Would I need to have my Mum with me during my visa appointment at the embassy?

Are there any specific requirements from me to make this trip with her?

If I meet all I want to start the process ASAP.

Thanks a lot.

1) Apply for a B1/B2 visa
2) Your mother cannot accompany you to the interview if you are over 17
3) No special requirements, just need to qualify
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
Hello Abuja NIV.

You are doing a good work. I have a question. I'm a fresh graduate just completed my NYSC program some months ago. I intend to visit the states to see my Cousin brother. I have no travelling experience as this is my first time. Which documents do I need to apply for visa? Thanks

No documents are required.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
kojokojo122:
Hello VO, my family ( Father, mother and daughter) applied for B1/B2. The visa was granted at the interview stage but later received a mail for my husband to come for interview. Thereafter the visa was denied back in 2014 after the interview. Had a valid uk visa and we have a travel history as family.

We are both working and our family size has increase to four. Our travel plan is to go on family vacation every 2years and we don't spend more than 2weeks.

We intend to visit UK and Canada for 2weeks in November 2016.

We want to re-apply in March 2017 after our family vacation or should we just apply now before traveling in November ?

Thank you.

Whatever is more convenient for you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kojokojo122: 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
abujaniv:

Whatever is more convenient for you.

Dear VO,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Just afraid of another rejection. Do we stand a better chance if I apply when we come back from our trip or before going.

Please I need your opinion.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:49am On Aug 26, 2016
kojokojo122:

Dear VO,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Just afraid of another rejection. Do we stand a better chance if I apply when we come back from our trip or before going.

Please I need your opinion.

Thank you.

As you well know, we are not going to give you "odds" or coach you on how to get a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by skitkid2(m): 8:32am On Aug 26, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Skitkid2,

You are talking about two completely different things. First, if you are coming to the U.S. to study, you must apply for a student visa (F1) or if you are coming to perform for a profit, you must apply for a performers visa (P3). As for your question "how much you think its going to cost me", can you please clarify? If you are referring to an agent's fees, we cannot stress enough how terrible of an idea that is. Our officers are highly trained and applicants who use agents to fraudulently obtain visas are likely to end up not getting a visa, getting a lifetime ban or even arrested. You seem to be very lost on the process, so please educate yourself by visiting our website: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

Thanks Vo. But am planing on migrating. I am a music producer, artiste and sound engineer. So I want to move to the us to continue my music career. I believe its out of the scope of this thread but I just hope you can point me in the right direction(the VO of the migration thread seems to be deleting/ignoring my questions). Your advise will be much appreciated. Thanks again
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:10am On Aug 26, 2016
skitkid2:

Thanks Vo. But am planing on migrating. I am a music producer, artiste and sound engineer. So I want to move to the us to continue my music career. I believe its out of the scope of this thread but I just hope you can point me in the right direction(the VO of the migration thread seems to be deleting/ignoring my questions). Your advise will be much appreciated. Thanks again

This is the NON-IMMIGRANT visa thread. For immigration questions, go to the immigrant visa thread.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tinnyfrontier: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2016
Please can anyone help, I tried submitting my online application some days ago, just about the confirmation page i got this Error,

Application Error
An unexpected error has occurred while processing your previous request. The error has been reported to the site administrator; no further action is required. To retrieve your DS-160 application, please enter your Application ID.

When i try retrieving it, it gives me 2 options 1 has to do with my application already been submitted that i can proceed to view the confirmation page and when i do that i get the same error all over again time to time i have tried. Please what can i do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adolfdenis(m): 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hi VO. Hope all is well. I'll appreciate your help on my case. I applied for a h2b visa and it was approved. I was told to go pick up my passport in 3 business days at the dhl point. However on reaching there 3 days later, i was told my passport hadn't been sent yet from the consulate. Thus, i went online to track it. It showed 'administrative processing ' till the next day(4th business day) when it changed to "ready-Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application" and the date updated to that day. The problem is now that it hasn't changed since that day and the date hasn't been updated either. Today is the 7th business day since my interview and i have no clue what is happening and my employers are expecting me in a week. Please I need some help here and I really appreciate. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lizzyay: 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
Abuja NIV

Hello VO pls may God help us, I have a friend who is not nairalanda but she want to visit US for December holiday with her husband and three kids the husband will be on leave while the lady is the one managing their farm in Nigeria also a family friend is inviting them for is ceremony My question is what are the document they have to bring the husband is still working what other ties are we talking about thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Placeboeffect: 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hi Abuja NIV,
Nice job . God bless you.
Please, I have a question. My sister and I are applying for
spring 2017 admission and our sponsor is in the USA.
Please do you think this can cause any problems for us at
the embassy considering the fact that we want to use the
same sponsor. Please kindly help us out guys as it really
scares us especially my sister. God bless you and happy
Sunday
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by xvictore: 1:37am On Aug 29, 2016
Dear VO,
I am getting married to US citizen and I want my parents to be here for it. I am currently on an F1 Visa. I want to what what VISA category should my parents apply for and if they can get a group appointment. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.