Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,033 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819515 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Governoryomi: 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
@abujaNIV

After getting my F1 visa meant for spring 2017 resumption, but might not make it due to some official engagement in my place of work and which i have chosen to defer to Fall 2017 to later resume for my graduate program, and get a new i20 to that effect. Would the F1 visa issued to me now still be useful to travel for the Fall session by then in July?

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ezepikin: 11:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
abujaniv:

Yes it is now 48 months. It was initially 12 months, then 24 months, and now is 48 months.

Ok thanks. so how do we get the forms for drop box?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by EzekielBams(m): 12:13am On Dec 12, 2016
Hello i just got applied to a college in California and i am 28 years old and i just got my I-20 so i want to know will my age affect chances of me getting a visa? i just finish my Nd program and the lastly i was denied b1/b2 visa in November and will be going for F1 visa interview on the 13 dec 2016 and i have a valid reason for while i am applying for both hope it wont affect my visa? and about my age to going for associate degree?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by askary: 11:00am On Dec 12, 2016
Dear AbujaNIV,

I made a B1 application to attend a seminar in the USA (work related) and was issued a B1/B2 for 2 years
I did attend the seminar and I have returned home, at entry the officer stamped 6 months and B1 as the purpose.

Two questions please-
Can I visit the US again on my own as a visitor, this time for the purpose of leisure using with the B1/B2 visa before it expires?
Upon expiration of my B1/B2 visa, am I eligible for a drop box if my primary intention this time is for leisure?

Thank you in anticipation of your response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AyaMide: 11:27am On Dec 12, 2016
Dear Abuja NIV,

Thank you for your time and effort on this platform.

I have a situation which needs your advice.
I got married to a Nigerian-born Canadian living and working in the US with a TN visa in October 2015 and I applied for a Us TD/spousal visa in November 2015 from Nigeria and I was denied.

I reapplied in February 2016 and was denied again..

I proceeded to apply for a Canadian Study permit in September 2016 and I was denied based on Purpose of Visit and current employment situation.

My intention was to study in Cadana so that when i finally have a chance to relocate to meet my spouse i would be able to get a good job with the certificate.

I already requested for my GCSM in Canada and i am awaiting their response.

Kindly advise on how to request for my case file at the US embassy to know the specific reasons for denial, what advice can you give me to put an end to a Us visa refusals and relocate to be with my spouse in the US.

Looking forward to your response.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 13, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ablion: 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hello VO

I have a valid B1/B2 Visa which will expire in 14 months.I am currently interested in pursuing a short course of 5 months which does not make provision for a F1 visa. I have been advised to contact USCIS for a go ahead to embark on this course which is roughly 5 months after which I intend to return home before the 6th month. Is this feasible ? and if yes how do I contact USCIS.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
def111:

this is very true, it happen to my cousin, he was interview and the VO refuse him. next time he apply same VO interview him again, and after him, have I interview you before,.. he said yes, and the vo told him to wait outside for next VO to interview him

If you are called to the interviewer who previously interviewed you, they will send you back to the front of the line for a new officer to interview. We frequently have applicants say they have been interviewed by the same person twice --- but we can see clearly that there were two different consular officers involved, not the same one, and the applicant is mistaken.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
tribeD:
Dear VO

Thanks for your insights and contribution on this forum. Please I need you advice.

I, my wife and child were given a 2year tourism visa which expired September this year. We are eligible for the drop box option. As of the time we applied I was the main applicant and I was working and my wife was also working. Now we want to renew our visa and my wife who is pregnant is hoping to give birth in U.S . I no longer work with my previous company. My wife still works and she is the main applicant this time. My question
1. We all want to renew our visa; my wife is applying for tourism/medical visa and using the contact of the hospital she intends to give birth. Can I and my child use the name of an place/organisation where we want to visit or should we use the same hospital contact as my wife?
2. We all want to apply, but does applying together reduce the chance of my wife or all three of our chances of getting the visa.
3. Is it better for my wife to apply alone
4. How do I respond to the question of how much I earn on DS-160 form

1) Whichever makes the most sense to you and your family.
2) We are not going to give you odds on likelihood of receiving visas or strategies.
3) We are not advising you on how to game our application process.
4) Truthfully.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
TimoBriggs:
@AbujaNIV,

Dear VO,

My wife is the US and is due to return on the 14th next week. She actually had given birth in the US, but the challenge is that there's not enough sufficient time to get a Nigeria VISA for the infant. To allow for VISA application , we need to change the departure dates by at least a few days, but the challenge is that the earliest available flight for emirates out of the US now is 29th. The problem is she was stamped in for 3months to leave the US on the 26th., the only available out is 29th. but by then she would have just been 3 months instead of six like other people

Kindly advise.

This isn't a visa question.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
@AbujaNIV

Does the US Embassy recognise Islamic Marriage Certificates?

Regards

Recognize for what?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
iphyconsult:
Good day,

I am a grad student currently in US with F1 visa which expire by August 2017. My I20 is 2015-2020. I really don't plan going to Nigeria sometimes soon but due to my nature of research, It's possible I travel to Canada and Germany for conferences. I understand I will need to get a visa for the countries.
My concern now is after my visa expires by August 2017, how can I renew my visa for the short visit outside US?
Can I use the dropbox to apply for a new visa while in US before August 2017?

Please advise.

Sincerely

No, you have to be in Nigeria to apply via dropbox. If you intend to depart the US to a third country and your visa will be expired by the time you return to the US, you can either apply in the country you're visiting, our travel to a neighboring country to renew in person.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
EzekielBams:
Hello i just got applied to a college in California and i am 28 years old and i just got my I-20 so i want to know will my age affect chances of me getting a visa? and i dont have a strong ties yet cos i just finish my Nd program and the lastly i was denied b1/b2 visa in december and will be going for F1 visa interview on the 13 dec 2016 and i have a valid reason for while i am applying for both hope it wont affect my visa?

Doesn't appear to be a question; we don't give odds.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
Governoryomi:
@abujaNIV

After getting my F1 visa meant for spring 2017 resumption, but might not make it due to some official engagement in my place of work and which i have chosen to defer to Fall 2017 to later resume for my graduate program, and get a new i20 to that effect. Would the F1 visa issued to me now still be useful to travel for the Fall session by then in July?

Regards.

As long as your I-20 has been changed to reflect this and your SEVIS is still in status, it shouldn't be a problem.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
askary:
Dear AbujaNIV,

I made a B1 application to attend a seminar in the USA (work related) and was issued a B1/B2 for 2 years
I did attend the seminar and I have returned home, at entry the officer stamped 6 months and B1 as the purpose.

Two questions please-
Can I visit the US again on my own as a visitor, this time for the purpose of leisure using with the B1/B2 visa before it expires?
Upon expiration of my B1/B2 visa, am I eligible for a drop box if my primary intention this time is for leisure?

Thank you in anticipation of your response

1) Yes
2) Yes
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
AyaMide:
Dear Abuja NIV,

Thank you for your time and effort on this platform.

I have a situation which needs your advice.
I got married to a Nigerian-born Canadian living and working in the US with a TN visa in October 2015 and I applied for a Us TD/spousal visa in November 2015 from Nigeria and I was denied.

I reapplied in February 2016 and was denied again..

I proceeded to apply for a Canadian Study permit in September 2016 and I was denied based on Purpose of Visit and current employment situation.

My intention was to study in Cadana so that when i finally have a chance to relocate to meet my spouse i would be able to get a good job with the certificate.

I already requested for my GCSM in Canada and i am awaiting their response.

Kindly advise on how to request for my case file at the US embassy to know the specific reasons for denial, what advice can you give me to put an end to a Us visa refusals and relocate to be with my spouse in the US.

Looking forward to your response.
Thank you

1) Cases are not subject to review; you were given a letter explaining your denial. That is the only information you will receive.
2) We will not advise you on how to get a U.S. visa. You have been deemed unqualified several times now.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
finegirlna:
hello vo,
i applied for dropbox renewal and it went from ready to administrative processing, today makes it the third day of being on administrative processing. pls i just want to know can someone on administrative processing still be called for interview, also is tis the process. thanks

Yes it's possible
Ablion:
Hello VO

I have a valid B1/B2 Visa which will expire in 14 months.I am currently interested in pursuing a short course of 5 months which does not make provision for a F1 visa. I have been advised to contact USCIS for a go ahead to embark on this course which is roughly 5 months after which I intend to return home before the 6th month. Is this feasible ? and if yes how do I contact USCIS.

What exactly is the nature of the course?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
ok
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ablion: 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
abujaniv:

What exactly is the nature of the course?
Its a certificate program for Business Analytics
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ikawokolaso(m): 1:02am On Dec 15, 2016
Good day to all the guru in this section.... Pls need ur advice on this one... My brother from the same mother have travel to USA like twices, he recently do is drop box which enable him to travel some month back. He will be back by jan and he said he want his wife , daughter and I to go for tourism by feb. My question is will he apply for me and his wife and daughter together as a family or will I apply by myself as an individual going for visition. If he apply for us as family will he follow us to the embassy during the visa interview.. Need a sincere advice pls.. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jarule18081977: 9:29am On Dec 15, 2016
Good day vo, i did dropbox renewal on Teusday(13/12/2016) for my kids and the visa status check is showing Ready, does it mean is ready for pick up as dhl office. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
finegirlna:
ok thank you so much vo, but pls how long does dropbox renewal take this is the 7th working day of submission and for 4 working days it has been on administrative processing and case hasn't been updated since 8th of dec. I'm just worried and today tracking the passport it says theres no update on this passport

If we need to interview you, we will let you know.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
Ablion:
Its a certificate program for Business Analytics

If it is not a degree-issuing course and they do not offer I-20s, that should be an ok use of a B1/B2 visa, but prepared to explain this to CBP.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
Ikawokolaso:
Good day to all the guru in this section.... Pls need ur advice on this one... My brother from the same mother have travel to USA like twices, he recently do is drop box which enable him to travel some month back. He will be back by jan and he said he want his wife , daughter and I to go for tourism by feb. My question is will he apply for me and his wife and daughter together as a family or will I apply by myself as an individual going for visition. If he apply for us as family will he follow us to the embassy during the visa interview.. Need a sincere advice pls.. Thanks

Whatever you'd prefer.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
jarule18081977:
Good day vo, i did dropbox renewal on Teusday(13/12/2016) for my kids and the visa status check is showing Ready, does it mean is ready for pick up as dhl office. Thanks.

Yep.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by soccerfan1: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
Hello VO,

My wife has a valid US visa and will be traveling later this month to have a baby. Does she need to send in a 'change of intent' letter given that her visa was issued early last year and she's already used it several times for vacations in the US?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
[b]My question is on the issue of one having a dad in US on an LPR with a brother (citizen by birth). He has gone back to the US after retiring from his Job here in Nigeria, he's quite aged (Above 60). And now i have this opportunity to realize my long time aspiration to become one of the top electrical/electronics engineers in Nigeria who had gone out to the United State to acquire much practical skills in EEngineering. I have been offered this admission to come over to the United States to achieve this dream...(Major in Electrical engineering (Graduate School)) by the one University i have applied to, considering their low tuition and standard of living; also having faculty student ratio of 17:1 (My best chance).

My elder brother (A senior banker>>>relationship manager; private banking) is sponsoring my studies in the US and not my dad or my bro in US.
I graduated sometime around March this year (2016) and I want to keep NYSC paused pending when I return.

People are saying that if my parents are there, including my bro, my chances are very slim. Please, I need your advice on this.
Thanks[/b] embarassed
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Miracletwinee: 12:35am On Dec 17, 2016
Hello VO
My husband wants to renew his b1/b2 visa via Dropbox, when he attempted to log into his previous profile the password was rejected with a message that the password does not include a number i.e. 1 2 3 etc. he changed his yahoo password to include a number yet he could not log in. He proceeded to forgot my password and was sent a code to be used but he still couldn't login and when he tried again an error message was sent saying that there is a security alert my questions are
1. What is the meaning of this security alert
2. What can be done to remove this alert
3. Can he open a new email for this visa purpose
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by anne201: 7:06am On Dec 17, 2016
Hi Everyone! i badly need some advice pls..

Last thursday i applied for a US Visa (business travel c/o my company) and got approved, then on Friday i got a call from the US embassy saying they will need more time to investigate on my application.

They had really weird questions for me and like..
1. Do i have a sister? (no i dont)
2. a cousin same as my age?
3. have i travelled when i was 12 y/o
etc.. ofcourse i answered no to all.. which is true to my knowledge..

then! i told this to my mother..and i was shocked to find out that my mother admitted that in 2001 (i was 12), she actually tried applying for a US Visa for me and m brother.. to make the matter worse, she used a fake passport!!!! sad i dont know what to do.. i got my ticket booked already and all set for my travel next year january..

any advice? should i call and tell the truth??

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.