Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819225 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nefertitiram: 9:11am On Dec 17, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Governoryomi: 11:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
@abujaNIV

Please when is the earliest date i can reapply for an F1 visa that was denied on previous attempt.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:45am On Dec 19, 2016
finegirlna:
Hello good afternoon vo,
just got my passport back from dhl with a note *cannot reuse fingerprint pls call applicant* pls what does this mean

Was your visa printed? Then don't worry about it. If it wasn't printed, then your fingerprints could not be reused and you'll need to set up a date to come in.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:46am On Dec 19, 2016
soccerfan1:
Hello VO,

My wife has a valid US visa and will be traveling later this month to have a baby. Does she need to send in a 'change of intent' letter given that her visa was issued early last year and she's already used it several times for vacations in the US?

Thanks

No

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:47am On Dec 19, 2016
cecemat:
[b]My question is on the issue of one having a dad in US on an LPR with a brother (citizen by birth). He has gone back to the US after retiring from his Job here in Nigeria, he's quite aged (Above 60). And now i have this opportunity to realize my long time aspiration to become one of the top electrical/electronics engineers in Nigeria who had gone out to the United State to acquire much practical skills in EEngineering. I have been offered this admission to come over to the United States to achieve this dream...(Major in Electrical engineering (Graduate School)) by the one University i have applied to, considering their low tuition and standard of living; also having faculty student ratio of 17:1 (My best chance).

My elder brother (A senior banker>>>relationship manager; private banking) is sponsoring my studies in the US and not my dad or my bro in US.
I graduated sometime around March this year (2016) and I want to keep NYSC paused pending when I return.

People are saying that if my parents are there, including my bro, my chances are very slim. Please, I need your advice on this.
Thanks[/b] embarassed

Our advice is to tell the truth. We'll know if you are not and this can lead to not just a refusal but a permanent ban.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:47am On Dec 19, 2016
Miracletwinee:
Hello VO
My husband wants to renew his b1/b2 visa via Dropbox, when he attempted to log into his previous profile the password was rejected with a message that the password does not include a number i.e. 1 2 3 etc. he changed his yahoo password to include a number yet he could not log in. He proceeded to forgot my password and was sent a code to be used but he still couldn't login and when he tried again an error message was sent saying that there is a security alert my questions are
1. What is the meaning of this security alert
2. What can be done to remove this alert
3. Can he open a new email for this visa purpose

Sounds like you need to contact the help desk or call center.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:48am On Dec 19, 2016
anne201:
Hi Everyone! i badly need some advice pls..

Last thursday i applied for a US Visa (business travel c/o my company) and got approved, then on Friday i got a call from the US embassy saying they will need more time to investigate on my application.

They had really weird questions for me and like..
1. Do i have a sister? (no i dont)
2. a cousin same as my age?
3. have i travelled when i was 12 y/o
etc.. ofcourse i answered no to all.. which is true to my knowledge..

then! i told this to my mother..and i was shocked to find out that my mother admitted that in 2001 (i was 12), she actually tried applying for a US Visa for me and m brother.. to make the matter worse, she used a fake passport!!!! sad i dont know what to do.. i got my ticket booked already and all set for my travel next year january..

any advice? should i call and tell the truth??

Yeah you should probably call and tell the truth because it doesn't look so good.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2016
Governoryomi:
@abujaNIV

Please when is the earliest date i can reapply for an F1 visa that was denied on previous attempt.

Thanks

You're welcome to reapply at any time, but consider that if nothing has changed about you as an applicant, the adjudication is likely to be the same.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
abujaniv:

Our advice is to tell the truth. We'll know if you are not and this can lead to not just a refusal but a permanent ban.

I have no reason to LIE at all. What will my gains be from gainsaying? I don't deny my family no matter what the situation may prove. Only God can decide my fate.
Thanks for your reply!!!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Jojo8805: 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hello NIV Officer,

My mum just applied to renew her u.s visa . When i checked the application status online i got this READY message .
your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

It was originated on d 14th Dec 2016 and last updated om d 19th DEC 2016 with same message .

We never got an email or call inviting her to the embassy so what does it mean ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:38am On Dec 20, 2016
Jojo8805:
Hello NIV Officer,

My mum just applied to renew her u.s visa . When i checked the application status online i got this READY message .
your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

It was originated on d 14th Dec 2016 and last updated om d 19th DEC 2016 with same message .

We never got an email or call inviting her to the embassy so what does it mean ?

We'll let you know if we need you to come in.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Fistop: 10:11am On Dec 20, 2016
How soon can i re-apply for USA Visa? My wife and I were denied last week Thursday. We were meant to go for Honeymoon but unfortunately denied.
Please advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:40am On Dec 21, 2016
Fistop:
How soon can i re-apply for USA Visa? My wife and I were denied last week Thursday. We were meant to go for Honeymoon but unfortunately denied.
Please advise.

You're welcome to reapply at any time, but consider that if nothing has changed about you as an applicant, the adjudication is likely to be the same.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shawno: 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
hello vo,
please i am presently in the US. My issue is that at the point of entry i was given 3weeks stay (till january 3rd) But i will like to stay 3months , infact my return ticket is due for march 13. what should i do in order to stay till march. ?
am so worried and please i need an advice,.
thank you so much.
michael
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koolestoo1: 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
With all due respect , I great you all . Am new here and have joined this forum to learn .
My questions goes does ,
1. I have a fiance at USA and she's a black American , she want to come and meet me here in for our registry and after that we are going back together . Pls what are the things I need to do and also what are the things she needs to do for herself and for me to make it a successful one and I won't be denied visa . Thanks and God bless as I wait for your answers sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
koolestoo1:
With all due respect , I great you all . Am new here and have joined this forum to learn .
My questions goes does ,
1. I have a fiance at USA and she's a black American , she want to come and meet me here in for our registry and after that we are going back together . Pls what are the things I need to do and also what are the things she needs to do for herself and for me to make it a successful one and I won't be denied visa . Thanks and God bless as I wait for your answers sir

This is for non-immigrant questions, this appears to be an immigrant question.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by EzekielBams(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
Good day i was reading on the internet concerning my visa interview for tomorrow i was denied a student visa and i reapply using the same DS 160 form that was filled before now i saw on another website that for every Visa interview a new DS 160 will be filled please how true is this or can i go ahead and use the same DS 160 or fill a new one and then wait till i can use my receipt again Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by willtoch: 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2016
Please somebody i need help with this. My passport was given back to me at US embassy after my interview. But from my profile online the notification is telling me that my passport is still with the US embassy/consulate. That day there was a little commotion at the embassy.
what should i do about this, because i want to reschedule for another interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by davido69: 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
Please CWOP was written on my visa at the ppoint of entry and I have 10 years visa. I mistakenly writes No on immigration form in the plane and gave Yes to the immigration officer when asked if I have MEATS in my luggage. The answers contradicted and I later saw CWOP on my visa. Am Lil confused now and I am scare of coming out USA and any chances of it affecting my citizenship processing in future. Thanks for the time
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Miracletwinee: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
abujaniv:

Sounds like you need to contact the help desk or call center.

Thank you sir, we contacted the call center and a new pass word was sent and we are good to go.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ashishtyagijune: 8:47am On Dec 23, 2016
Dear VO,
I had applied for J1 VISA with my spouse and kids (J2 VISA for them) on 6th December 2016.
I was handed over a white 221(g) slip and the case no. on CEAC suggests my case is in administrative processing.
Today I checked with status with my application ID (as CEAC says we can use case no. or application ID for tracking), it shows the same i.e. under administrative processing for me as well as my kids.
However when I enter my wife's application ID it shows refused and the status update date is same as my interview date. It also says "Please see the letter or other instructions you received at the interview".
We received only a single letter that day as mentioned above.
What does this means?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kemex(f): 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
Hello. I applied for a B2 visa to deliver my baby in the US. I applied with hubby. We were however denied. Besides, I'm a postgraduate student here in Nigeria and have to return to complete my research work. Is re-applying alone an evidence that a change has occured?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Teedawg: 6:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
wink
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oloks2: 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
Hello V.O. I have an interview at the embassy on Tuesday 28th December,i'm coming along with my wife and 3 kids, I have however just dicovered tonight that the DS-160 number quoted on my appointment confirmation is incorrect(Its correct for the 4 others)infact its actually my passport number, what do I do, the appointment is for 9am on Tuesday.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by peace2007: 5:38am On Dec 24, 2016
Hello Vo
As I was filling my Ds160 I was told my passports is too large and I was unable to fix it my question is will I be able to attend the interview with my passport with or what should I do
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by xykms101: 10:35am On Dec 24, 2016
Pls how much is USA visa fee now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.