Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819229 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Blessedgozy: 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2016
Helllo VO,

I applied for a B1/B2 visa and went for the interview but was denied. When I applied for the visa, I had a baby and so we applied as a family( me, hubby and baby), baby fell ill and so we missed out first appointment. We re applied afterwards again as a family but we lost our baby few weeks to the interview. During the interview,I was asked if i have a child, I answered I had one but lost her a few weeks ago. That was the point we were given the blue letter staying we weren't eligible.
I am gainfully employed and my husband too. We had our account statement and even came with baby's death certificate just to prove we were telling the truth. It wasn't fair denying us even when we weren't given the opportunity to prove anything.

I f we apply again, and fill no child..hope this wouldn't seem like we lied the last time. How soon can we re apply??
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by donkarly(m): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
hello vo,my sister's interview scheduled for next week tuesday(27th) was rescheduled for yesterday(23rd) because of the public holiday.she didn't know till this morning,please what can she do about it;how can she reschedule for an interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Chiezzh: 5:00am On Dec 25, 2016
Please I need help ....I was denied f1 visa last month...my ds 160 was filled by me and I was not experience in filling it So i didn't fill my educational background ...I made that correction on my new ds 160 and reapplied ...after which I was approved on the new apoontment Date and form ..when I check my visa status days after the interview I saw refused...what is wrong ??what has happen ...please help me
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ksbusari(m): 5:42am On Dec 25, 2016
Hi everyone. I missed my rescheduled F1 visa appointment. my appointment was initially scheduled to hold on the 27th of December bt was rescheduled and has been held on 23rd of December. just found out from e mail box. i wasn't aware because I did not receive any call to that effect and did not have access to my mail box due to where I was. pls kindly help me. can I still be interviewed?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:02pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello shawno. You should abide by the date stipulated by CBP. Failure to do so can result in deportation and lengthy travel bans.

shawno:
hello vo,
please i am presently in the US. My issue is that at the point of entry i was given 3weeks stay (till january 3rd) But i will like to stay 3months , infact my return ticket is due for march 13. what should i do in order to stay till march. ?
am so worried and please i need an advice,.
thank you so much.
michael
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello EzekielBams. The information in the DS 160 can be the same, but a new application and fee must be submitted. Full instructions can be found here:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng

EzekielBams:
Good day i was reading on the internet concerning my visa interview for tomorrow i was denied a student visa and i reapply using the same DS 160 form that was filled before now i saw on another website that for every Visa interview a new DS 160 will be filled please how true is this or can i go ahead and use the same DS 160 or fill a new one and then wait till i can use my receipt again Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello willtoch. The embassy/consulate keeps passports after the interview only when the visa has been approved.

willtoch:
Please somebody i need help with this. My passport was given back to me at US embassy after my interview. But from my profile online the notification is telling me that my passport is still with the US embassy/consulate. That day there was a little commotion at the embassy.
what should i do about this, because i want to reschedule for another interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello davido69. CWOP stands for "Cancelled without prejudice." This is a standard practice for any expired or otherwise no-longer-valid visa, and it does not infer any derogatory information about the applicant. The "Cancelled" stamp is typically applied when there is derogatory information or behavior on the applicant's part. In either case, you must assume that a visa stamped as such is no longer valid for travel into the US.

davido69:
Please CWOP was written on my visa at the ppoint of entry and I have 10 years visa. I mistakenly writes No on immigration form in the plane and gave Yes to the immigration officer when asked if I have MEATS in my luggage. The answers contradicted and I later saw CWOP on my visa. Am Lil confused now and I am scare of coming out USA and any chances of it affecting my citizenship processing in future. Thanks for the time
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello ashishtyagijune. There's an e-mail address on your 221g slip--write in to that address to inquire further.

ashishtyagijune:
Dear VO,
I had applied for J1 VISA with my spouse and kids (J2 VISA for them) on 6th December 2016.
I was handed over a white 221(g) slip and the case no. on CEAC suggests my case is in administrative processing.
Today I checked with status with my application ID (as CEAC says we can use case no. or application ID for tracking), it shows the same i.e. under administrative processing for me as well as my kids.
However when I enter my wife's application ID it shows refused and the status update date is same as my interview date. It also says "Please see the letter or other instructions you received at the interview".
We received only a single letter that day as mentioned above.
What does this means?

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello kemex. You're welcome to reapply at any time, but consider that if nothing has changed about you as an applicant, the adjudication is likely to be the same.

kemex:
Hello. I applied for a B2 visa to deliver my baby in the US. I applied with hubby. We were however denied. Besides, I'm a postgraduate student here in Nigeria and have to return to complete my research work. Is re-applying alone an evidence that a change has occured?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello Teedawg. It's best to show up with the original I-20, but a copy may suffice.

Teedawg:
Hello please I have a question. my school needs me to arrive first week of January and due to some difficulties my I-20 form will be coming late. Meanwhile I have an electronic copy of it with me right now.can I present this copy at the embassy while I wait for the original to arrive?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello oloks2. Tuesday is the 27th, and it is a holiday for the Embassy. I advise you to contact customer support:
Callers in Nigeria: +23414406218
Callers in the US: +17035202575
Email: To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to us at:
support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

oloks2:
Hello V.O. I have an interview at the embassy on Tuesday 28th December,i'm coming along with my wife and 3 kids, I have however just dicovered tonight that the DS-160 number quoted on my appointment confirmation is incorrect(Its correct for the 4 others)infact its actually my passport number, what do I do, the appointment is for 9am on Tuesday.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello peace2007. I have never heard of this type of problem.

peace2007:
Hello Vo
As I was filling my Ds160 I was told my passports is too large and I was unable to fix it my question is will I be able to attend the interview with my passport with or what should I do
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello Blessedgozy. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Visa officers typically do not examine any documents. You're welcome to reapply at any time, but consider that if nothing has changed about you as an applicant, the adjudication is likely to be the same.

Blessedgozy:
Helllo VO,

I applied for a B1/B2 visa and went for the interview but was denied. When I applied for the visa, I had a baby and so we applied as a family( me, hubby and baby), baby fell ill and so we missed out first appointment. We re applied afterwards again as a family but we lost our baby few weeks to the interview. During the interview,I was asked if i have a child, I answered I had one but lost her a few weeks ago. That was the point we were given the blue letter staying we weren't eligible.
I am gainfully employed and my husband too. We had our account statement and even came with baby's death certificate just to prove we were telling the truth. It wasn't fair denying us even when we weren't given the opportunity to prove anything.

I f we apply again, and fill no child..hope this wouldn't seem like we lied the last time. How soon can we re apply??
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello ksbusari. Applicants are typically allowed to reschedule their appointment one time without incurring another fee. Please contact customer service to confirm if this is the case with your application.

ksbusari:
Hi everyone. I missed my rescheduled F1 visa appointment. my appointment was initially scheduled to hold on the 27th of December bt was rescheduled and has been held on 23rd of December. just found out from e mail box. i wasn't aware because I did not receive any call to that effect and did not have access to my mail box due to where I was. pls kindly help me. can I still be interviewed?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello Chiezzh. It is possible you will need to reappear for a follow-up interview. Contact customer service to inquire further or write in to the e-mail address on the slip of paper given to you by the consular officer.

Chiezzh:
Please I need help ....I was denied f1 visa last month...my ds 160 was filled by me and I was not experience in filling it So i didn't fill my educational background ...I made that correction on my new ds 160 and reapplied ...after which I was approved on the new apoontment Date and form ..when I check my visa status days after the interview I saw refused...what is wrong ??what has happen ...please help me
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Chiezzh: 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Chiezzh. It is possible you will need to reappear for a follow-up interview. Contact customer service to inquire further or write in to the e-mail address on the slip of paper given to you by the consular officer.

I was given a collection paper .....do I need to pay for the follow up interview ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by davido69: 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
Please why could an officer put CWOP on a geen card holder visa even though I have been in the state for 4 years. Although I made little mistake by putting No in the immigration form when was asked if i have any meat in my luggage and when I got to the border or immigration officer spot, I admitted I have meat in my bag. It was taken away though in my luggage and put in trash. I later saw CWOP in my visa . Even the visa expired September 2012 but it was when I got home I saw the CWOP written on my visa this last July. I don't know y the officer put it on it .
Could it be cos it expired , or cos of meat they put it there or I won't be able to come to USA again if I leave the country soon. I I have a green card though but am jus confused .thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ksbusari(m): 6:41am On Dec 27, 2016
thank u
abujaniv:
Hello ksbusari. Applicants are typically allowed to reschedule their appointment one time without incurring another fee. Please contact customer service to confirm if this is the case with your application.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2016
Hello, I just got my Visa to go study for masters In the US and I'm leaving soon. I wanna know if I can be allowed to work in the US with my F1 visa while studying. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oloks2: 10:15am On Dec 27, 2016
Hello VO,
I have an appointment at the embassy by 9am tomorrow 28th of December,my wife and 3 kids have also been scheduled to be interviewed with me.
The issue is that I inadvertently quoted my passport number as my DS-160 number on the appointment confirmation form and only just noticed on Friday night.
How do I rectify this as my interview is scheduled for 9am Tom 28th December
Please note that the other 4 members of my family's appointment confirmation forms were properly completed.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
This is a thread for non-immigrant visa questions.

davido69:
Please why could an officer put CWOP on a geen card holder visa even though I have been in the state for 4 years. Although I made little mistake by putting No in the immigration form when was asked if i have any meat in my luggage and when I got to the border or immigration officer spot, I admitted I have meat in my bag. It was taken away though in my luggage and put in trash. I later saw CWOP in my visa . Even the visa expired September 2012 but it was when I got home I saw the CWOP written on my visa this last July. I don't know y the officer put it on it .
Could it be cos it expired , or cos of meat they put it there or I won't be able to come to USA again if I leave the country soon. I I have a green card though but am jus confused .thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
No.

MISTAICEY02288:
Hello, I just got my Visa to go study for masters In the US and I'm leaving soon. I wanna know if I can be allowed to work in the US with my F1 visa while studying. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hello oloks2. It's possible that the issue can be cleared up at intake. If you all have confirmed appointments, then you should be allowed to enter the Embassy for the visa interview. Best to call customer service to check with them.

oloks2:
Hello VO,
I have an appointment at the embassy by 9am tomorrow 28th of December,my wife and 3 kids have also been scheduled to be interviewed with me.
The issue is that I inadvertently quoted my passport number as my DS-160 number on the appointment confirmation form and only just noticed on Friday night.
How do I rectify this as my interview is scheduled for 9am Tom 28th December
Please note that the other 4 members of my family's appointment confirmation forms were properly completed.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cydophobia(m): 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hi VO

Please I need you to advice me on this;

Is it possible for me to edit my submitted DS160 form? I actually want to change the reason of visiting United State.
If possible, what is the procedure and what is the Implication on my profile and what are chances of granting me visa?

My appointment is schedule second week of January.

Waiting patiently for your swift response.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2016
Explain the change at your interview. We don't discuss chances on this thread.

cydophobia:
Hi VO

Please I need you to advice me on this;

Is it possible for me to edit my submitted DS160 form? I actually want to change the reason of visiting United State.
If possible, what is the procedure and what is the Implication on my profile and what are chances of granting me visa?

My appointment is schedule second week of January.

Waiting patiently for your swift response.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cydophobia(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
abujaniv:
Explain the change at your interview. We don't discuss chances on this thread.

Thanks for the response.
Do you mean i cannot edit the form.

I should discuss it during my interview?

Am not too clear on this please.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hello officer,
Please I tried filling the ds-160 online but it seems not all the questions displayed.
Example the question " have you ever traveled before didn't not displayed, have you made specific travel arrangements didn't displayed and also the question have you completed senior high school or above didn't not displayed. After I finished filling the displayed questions I was able to submit it without those questions I mentioned. Please is it usual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.