Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (821605 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:36am On Jan 28, 2017
Hello JaneAusten. If asked, answer truthfully.

JaneAusten:
Hello
The problem is I graduated from High School In 2012. Started my undergraduate studies in 2013. I voluntarily withdrew from University in 2015 due to family emergency. I have applied to a school in the US and I have been accepted for Fall 2017. Please when asked what have you being doing since high school, is it advisable to bring up my previous undergraduate studies and say I withdrew due to family emergency or I shouldn't even bother to say anything regarding it. Looking forward to your advice
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by leeray30: 11:56am On Jan 28, 2017
Dear Abuja NIV,

Thanks for the great job. Please when one is given a visa for vacation, does it mean that each time he visits the US must be for vacation?

Maybe after the first vacation, he decides to birth his child in the US.

Please help...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Evang1: 9:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hello VO

A pregnant mother renewed her B1/B2 visa via DROPBOX so she didn't have to physically visit the embassy for an interview or inspection. in addition, she has secured birthing fees and travel expenses for which she is financially capable and can show proof when required. So my question are;

1. Is it compulsory she sends a change of intent letter before embarking on her trip?

2.If yes, how long does the embassy typically take in providing a response.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hello Evang1. The idea that you can e-mail the Embassy/Consulate with a "change of intent" letter and have no issues at the border is a myth. The letters are not required, read or catalogued with an applicant's file. What matters is the information you provide in your application and what you say in person at the Embassy/Consulate or to CBP at the border. The application is considered a sworn document: you are swearing that all the information in it is true. If the duration, purpose and destination of travel indicated in the application deviate from reality, it draws greater scrutiny.

Evang1:
Hello VO

A pregnant mother renewed her B1/B2 visa via DROPBOX so she didn't have to physically visit the embassy for an interview or inspection. in addition, she has secured birthing fees and travel expenses for which she is financially capable and can show proof when required. So my question are;

1. Is it compulsory she sends a change of intent letter before embarking on her trip?

2.If yes, how long does the embassy typically take in providing a response.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 03: 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
@abujaniv

I was once denied a visa a few years ago because the counselor was not satisfied with my intent. I currently have a immigrant visa petition with a priority date in 2010.

Does the immigrant visa petition have effect against my eligibility to get a non immigrant visa to the united states?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by olalekanba(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
@abujaniv

I renewed my B1/B2 visa late last year via drop box. I just got admission for MS Program in April 2017.

Will my b1/b2 visa be cancelled when i apply for an f1?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hello olalekanba. It is possible and even common for individuals to hold more than one visa at the same time.

olalekanba:
@abujaniv

I renewed my B1/B2 visa late last year via drop box. I just got admission for MS Program in April 2017.

Will my b1/b2 visa be cancelled when i apply for an f1?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mira9500: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
ar VO, I was wondering if you could clarify the implications of an administrative processing status that has gone on for over 3 weeks. There have been 2 status updated changes. The visa was approved without a 221g and is the second renewal of a student visa. Sevis Status has been maintained all 5 years. Is there anything this F1 student can do to get back to school ASAP? Thank you for all your help
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hi 03.
First, a small note on terms. The person who interviews you for a visa is a visa officer or consular officer. Their official title is consul or vice consul. A "counselor" is somebody you might visit for psychological issues. The word "consular" is adjectival: it must precede a noun. For example, consular officer or consular work.
The existence of a pending immigration visa application is not in itself a disqualification from obtaining a non-immigrant visa. However, it is likely to be addressed at the interview.

03:
@abujaniv

I was once denied a visa a few years ago because the counselor was not satisfied with my intent. I currently have a immigrant visa petition with a priority date in 2010.

Does the immigrant visa petition have effect against my eligibility to get a non immigrant visa to the united states?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:46pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hello mira9500. Administrative processing is exactly what it sounds like. It's a broad term because there are multifarious situations that can lead to administrative processing. It is not punitive, but it takes as long as it takes. Students are generally prioritized because of their class schedules. If you have more distinct questions, you can e-mail the address printed on your 221g form. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

mira9500:
ar VO, I was wondering if you could clarify the implications of an administrative processing status that has gone on for over 3 weeks. There have been 2 status updated changes. The visa was approved without a 221g and is the second renewal of a student visa. Sevis Status has been maintained all 5 years. Is there anything this F1 student can do to get back to school ASAP? Thank you for all your help
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 03: 12:11am On Jan 30, 2017
@abujaniv Thanks for your response and the clarification . I hope I will be able to convince the visa officer that I would surely return after my visit. Thanks for taking time to read and respond to questions.
abujaniv:
Hi 03.
First, a small note on terms. The person who interviews you for a visa is a visa officer or consular officer. Their official title is consul or vice consul. A "counselor" is somebody you might visit for psychological issues. The word "consular" is adjectival: it must precede a noun. For example, consular officer or consular work.
The existence of a pending immigration visa application is not in itself a disqualification from obtaining a non-immigrant visa. However, it is likely to be addressed at the interview.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 30, 2017
There has been a lot of confusion surrounding the recent Executive Order on immigration signed by President Trump. The only change that affects our Nigerian visa applicants at this time is that Dropbox renewal is only available to applicants who previously held a visa in the same category that expired less than 12 months prior to the new application.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cbaldwin2013: 8:13am On Jan 30, 2017
Hello VO

Thanks for taking your time to clarify as there are a lot of false information out there. If I understand what you stated, this means that the only change is that visa renewal have to be done within a 12 months window from the day ones visa expires. If I am wrong please clarify and elaborate.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mira9500: 8:17am On Jan 30, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello mira9500. Administrative processing is exactly what it sounds like. It's a broad term because there are multifarious situations that can lead to administrative processing. It is not punitive, but it takes as long as it takes. Students are generally prioritized because of their class schedules. If you have more distinct questions, you can e-mail the address printed on your 221g form. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your prompt response. I wasn't issued a 221g form however so I have no idea who to contact. Would the generic embassy customer service email suffice ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AyaSho(f): 10:48am On Jan 30, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Chaerin: 10:54am On Jan 30, 2017
LagosNIV:
There has been a lot of confusion surrounding the recent Executive Order on immigration signed by President Trump. The only change that affects our Nigerian visa applicants at this time is that Dropbox renewal is only available to applicants who previously held a visa in the same category that expired less than 12 months prior to the new application.

Thank you for your clarification. How about if my last visa was not issued in Nigeria, do I still qualify for the Drop Box Renewal?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by glowithdan(m): 11:01am On Jan 30, 2017
LagosNIV:

Thank you for this information!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AyaSho(f): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2017
Good day Sir/Ma
Thanks for giving us this beautiful Medium to ask questions.
My questions
1. I have a sister whose petition had been filled in and approved in the USA for R1 in January ,She is awaiting the next step
2. Since, the application was filled in by the employer in the Us, Can the interview be done over there not minding that she is a frequent flyer based in Nigeria.
How long will it take for the work authorization to be out
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello Chaerin. As long as you have a Nigerian passport and primarily reside in Nigeria, yes.

Chaerin:

Thank you for your clarification. How about if my last visa was not issued in Nigeria, do I still qualify for the Drop Box Renewal?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello AyaSho. I'm not sure what you mean by "over there." Interviews for non-immigrant visas typically occur in the applicant's home country.

AyaSho:
Good day Sir/Ma
Thanks for giving us this beautiful Medium to ask questions.
My questions
1. I have a sister whose petition had been filled in and approved in the USA for R1 in January ,She is awaiting the next step
2. Since, the application was filled in by the employer in the Us, Can the interview be done over there not minding that she is a frequent flyer based in Nigeria.
How long will it take for the work authorization to be out
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AyaSho(f): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello AyaSho. I'm not sure what you mean by "over there." Interviews for non-immigrant visas typically occur in the applicant's home country.

She already has a B1/B2 visa, which will lapse in 2018
Also,her petition has been approved
So her question is that will the interview be done in United State for R1 visa since her employer is in the US
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
Write with biographical details to ConsularAbuja@state.gov

AyaSho:

She already has a B1/B2 visa, which will lapse in 2018
Also,her petition has been approved
So her question is that will the interview be done in United State for R1 visa since her employer is in the US

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shilam(m): 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
Pls sir wil u answer my question
abujaniv:

Hello blue 355,

There is no formal process for changing your intent. You are expected to be honest and transparent during your interview. If your intent changes, it might be result in difficulties at the border or in renewing your visa.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shilam(m): 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
Pls sir is there anything that change in B1/B2 visa fees
abujaniv:

Hello blue 355,

There is no formal process for changing your intent. You are expected to be honest and transparent during your interview. If your intent changes, it might be result in difficulties at the border or in renewing your visa.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:11pm On Jan 31, 2017
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng

shilam:
Pls sir is there anything that change in B1/B2 visa fees
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by leeray30: 8:52am On Feb 01, 2017
Goodday AbujaNIV,

Please kindly provide clarification on the following:

1. Is it correct that if one is issued a B1B2 visa for vacation, every other time he travels must be for vacation?
2. What if her status changes (e.g. she gets married, gets pregnant and wishes to birth in the U.S) after she has gone for previous vacations.
What can she do in that situation, given that her visa was issued for vacation?

Please advice.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by osemwengie1: 10:34am On Feb 01, 2017
Please, my visa was approved on Thursday in lag and I was asked to come back after 3 working days. Am currently in Benin, is there a way I can confirm if it's ready b4 going to lag to collect it. I will appreciate your quick response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Awesu122: 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
Good evening from here
Went for student interview last week Thursday in Lagos , and a white paper was issued to me , went to pick my passport this evening , to my greatest surprise , a blue paper cane along with my passport with VISA not issued , the VO last week collected my GRE score where I had 323 with my passport and issued GSS form to me without ticking any colum or requesting me to bring additional documents , but so funny when I went to pick my passport today and blue paper was issued , please what's next thing to do as am really confused right now, making plans for resumption already , and please would like to know , is there any other white paper than the approval paper ? This looks like there is a mixed up somewhere , my name wasn't even written on GSS paper there was no case number written on it as well , all VO told me in Lagos was I would need the form to pick up my VISA, and he held on to my GRE score of 323 , my questions is , is it a crime to choose CALUMS? Because I could remember him saying calums has a low rating , am willing to attached the GSS form and my DS Form for clarification purpose , because I believe there is a mixed up somewhere
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hi osemwengie1. Unless otherwise indicated, passports are returned by DHL to your appointed pick-up location.

osemwengie1:

Please, my visa was approved on Thursday in lag and I was asked to come back after 3 working days. Am currently in Benin, is there a way I can confirm if it's ready b4 going to lag to collect it. I will appreciate your quick response

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.