Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,839 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818762 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Amiableada(f): 1:18pm On Feb 08, 2017
good day. please i did the drop box application for over 2 weeks now and havent heard any word from the embassy either to come for an interview or not and each time i try to track my passport it keeps telling me it is still with the us embassy. please i am lost because i dont know the next step to take...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hello marriam99ng. Please write in to ConsularAbuja@state.gov so that we can look into the case.

mariam99ng:
Good day Sir and thanks for the wonderful job you are doing here. I was stopped from boarding flight to the State as scheduled with my current and valid B1/B2 visa that I have used twice and ask to visit the embassy for more information. My question is:
1.Can I walk in to the embassy without appointment to go and find out why I wasn't allowed to fly with my visa?
2.My visa was issued in Abuja and I am currently in Lagos, can I visit lagos embassy for the clarification?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
Exercise patience.

Amiableada:
good day. please i did the drop box application for over 2 weeks now and havent heard any word from the embassy either to come for an interview or not and each time i try to track my passport it keeps telling me it is still with the us embassy. please i am lost because i dont know the next step to take...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by princeofdworld: 12:19am On Feb 09, 2017
Good day vo. Please I applied for a usa visit visa last year ..after the visa interview ..the go collected my fingerprints And I was denied ..please why did he collect my fingerprint
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by worry357: 7:38am On Feb 09, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mariam99ng: 10:23am On Feb 09, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello marriam99ng. Please write in to ConsularAbuja@state.gov so that we can look into the case.

Thanks for your response. I sent a mail to Abuja embassy regarding my case and I was asked to schedule an appointment to come to the embassy in Abuja so that they will know what happened. So my question is, do I have to pay the regular appointment fee before I can schedule the appointment to visit the embassy or how do I go about it as I need to resolve my visa issue as soon as possible.
Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hawklan: 10:38am On Feb 09, 2017
Hi Guys,

i want the good house for assistance, is the option for drop box still available for US visa renewal??

as i want to renew my US visa which is expiring in a month and i dont know what to do.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Princesindy: 10:57am On Feb 09, 2017
Hello VO, I applied for a non immigrant visa with my dad earlier this week, his visa was approved and mine was not on the grounds that I was not qualified at that time. I was to take my dad on this trip to visit my sister and her family and for my dad to rest for a while. He is a traditional ruler (Eze) and is almost 80 years. Now due to his age and frail health condition, he cannot embark on the trip alone. Please what do we do in this scenario? We are thinking maybe I should reapply because I am the only person available to help him travel now. I'm 37, married with two kids and they are not traveling with me. The VO never asked if I'm married or have any kids but asked me about the places I have been to, what I went there to do and my job. I answered him all honestly yet he said I was not qualified. I have been to Russia and Malaysia both on study purposes and my current passport was issued in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I work with a government development agency and the VO said but I'm not working with any of the things studied.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AyaSho(f): 11:28am On Feb 09, 2017
Please, I need to confirm if it is true
A friend of mine was denied drop box And was invited for an interview.
Please is drop box closed to Nigerians
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by worry357: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hello. Though we appreciate the intention to help, please leave the answers to us (US consular officers) on this particular thread. There are other threads devoted to visa applicants giving each other advice, we kindly ask that you reserve your replies to those threads so there's no mix-up on who's saying what.

As for dropbox, it is indeed still open. The only change has been a narrowing of the window of time to 12 months since the prior visa expired from 48 months.

OmoBendel24:

@Worry357; why not allow the VOs do their job here please? Hope you know they - the VOs - too are included in that your "rumours, rumours, rumours" and @bolded statement sha? Aren't they being contacted on this particular thread?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hello Princesindy. Every applicant must qualify on their own merits. You are welcome to apply again, but if nothing has changed in your circumstances, the result is likely to be the same.

Princesindy:
Hello VO, I applied for a non immigrant visa with my dad earlier this week, his visa was approved and mine was not on the grounds that I was not qualified at that time. I was to take my dad on this trip to visit my sister and her family and for my dad to rest for a while. He is a traditional ruler (Eze) and is almost 80 years. Now due to his age and frail health condition, he cannot embark on the trip alone. Please what do we do in this scenario? We are thinking maybe I should reapply because I am the only person available to help him travel now. I'm 37, married with two kids and they are not traveling with me. The VO never asked if I'm married or have any kids but asked me about the places I have been to, what I went there to do and my job. I answered him all honestly yet he said I was not qualified. I have been to Russia and Malaysia both on study purposes and my current passport was issued in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I work with a government development agency and the VO said but I'm not working with any of the things studied.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by worry357: 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
Sorry for replying
I did not notice which group I was in. embarassed embarassed
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Aruk16: 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hello VO, I did my interview on the 11th of January for tourist visa. The US interviewer said my visa will be ready in 3days. I've checked the CEAC portal a million times and the visa status there says "issued". But up till now 9th of February, I am yet to get my passport. I've sent mails to the embassy, I've called customer service, I have even tried to chat with an online personnel, all proved futile as no one could give me a specific reason why my passport is yet to be delivered to DHL for pickup. This is almost a month and nothing yet concerning the REAL status of my visa and passport. Pls I need you to help me out because I am confused. I need my issue escalated. Has the embassy misplaced my passport or what?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hello Aruk16. Please write in to ConsularAbuja@state.gov or LagosNIV@state.gov, wherever you submitted your application.
Be sure to include your name and passport details.

Aruk16:
Hello VO, I did my interview on the 11th of January for tourist visa. The US interviewer said my visa will be ready in 3days. I've checked the CEAC portal a million times and the visa status there says "issued". But up till now 9th of February, I am yet to get my passport. I've sent mails to the embassy, I've called customer service, I have even tried to chat with an online personnel, all proved futile as no one could give me a specific reason why my passport is yet to be delivered to DHL for pickup. This is almost a month and nothing yet concerning the REAL status of my visa and passport. Pls I need you to help me out because I am confused. I need my issue escalated. Has the embassy misplaced my passport or what?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Amiableada(f): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
abujaniv:
Exercise patience.

good day. i have been patient oh,,, its just i havent seen this type of issue with any other person. i checked my status today and it said 'administrative processing'... that got me more confused. please can u explain what that means please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
It means administrators are processing the application.

Amiableada:
good day. i have been patient oh,,, its just i havent seen this type of issue with any other person. i checked my status today and it said 'administrative processing'... that got me more confused. please can u explain what that means please

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Princesindy: 9:54pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hello, please I don't understand why and what needs to change in my circumstances for me to be issued a visa to take my dad on trip. I have my own family that I am not traveling with, have a job that I am ok with and have been to school abroad in two different countries so what should change in my circumstances to guarantee me a visa? I should rather lie to prove change of circumstance? Again, is true that I have to wait for at least 90 days before I can reapply?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:20pm On Feb 09, 2017
No one is guaranteed a visa, ever. Lying is more likely to get you banned for life from getting a visa to the United States. There is no 90 day waiting period to reapply. But again, if there is no change in the circumstances, the result is likely to be the same. When one has "started degrees elsewhere but never completed any do one reason or the other," it doesn't bolster one's ties to their home country that would compel a timely return.

Princesindy:
Hello, please I don't understand why and what needs to change in my circumstances for me to be issued a visa to take my dad on trip. I have my own family that I am not traveling with, have a job that I am ok with and have been to school abroad in two different countries so what should change in my circumstances to guarantee me a visa? I should rather lie to prove change of circumstance? Again, is true that I have to wait for at least 90 days before I can reapply?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:33pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hello princeofdworld. Biometrics are collected for all applicants, whether the visa is granted or not.

princeofdworld:
Good day vo. Please I applied for a usa visit visa last year ..after the visa interview ..the go collected my fingerprints And I was denied ..please why did he collect my fingerprint
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mamababe(f): 1:40am On Feb 10, 2017
Hello Vo

i intend to apply for a medical visa in order to have my baby in the US, kindly advise on the required documents to submit with my application.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:16am On Feb 10, 2017
Hello mamababe. Birth tourism is legal in the US provided you are open about your intent and able to pay the medical expenses (for you and the child) in full. Keep in mind, US medical care can be very expensive, and costs can escalate dramatically if there are complications. The standard B1/B2 tourist visa is the appropriate visa. At the visa interview and at the port of entry, you may be asked to show correspondence with Nigerian and US doctors as well as evidence that you have sufficient funds to pay for the treatment.

mamababe:
Hello Vo

i intend to apply for a medical visa in order to have my baby in the US, kindly advise on the required documents to submit with my application.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Princesindy: 8:16am On Feb 10, 2017
Hello,good morning. Thanks for those prompt replies. Now please tell us my dad's best bet on this for him to travel. This is not my vacation. I'm only trying to help my old parent who now looks up to me as a son. Because of his health I took up a job that keeps me around home regularly because he needs support with his condition and status as a traditional ruler to administer the community. About my studies abroad, I mentioned them as part of my travel history not to prove a home tie. What I don't understand is the change of circumstances you keep mentioning. Anyone who takes my dad to embark on the trip must certainly be the one to bring him back within the period he was approved to travel by the state government. It mustn't be me. I had to plead for my leave to be granted this time just to help him after he could not make it by Christmas as wanted because no one had the chance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by def111(m): 3:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
abujaniv:
No one is guaranteed a visa, ever. Lying is more likely to get you banned for life from getting a visa to the United States. There is no 90 day waiting period to reapply. But again, if there is no change in the circumstances, the result is likely to be the same. When one has "started degrees elsewhere but never completed any do one reason or the other," it doesn't bolster one's ties to their home country that would compel a timely return.

good afternoon,

lot of people have been auto- rejected by not waiting for 3 months before reapply again after vise was denied. it have happen to by aunty and the VO told her why not wait after 3 months, and I have read and heard many say the same.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hello VO,

As my previous visa was issued in 2014 and expired abt 11 mths ago. I decided to renew via drop box however I was asked to schedule another interview. What could be the reason for the consulate requesting me under visa category 221g to appear for an interview for finger prints only?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by emmbee86: 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hello abujaniv

I applied for a dropbox renewal for my two kids aged 9plus and 7plus. The 7years old got approved, visa issued, while the other kid's passport was returned with the confirmation page .There was no slip explaining why the passport was returned. I checked the status on ceac website and it is showing administrative processing last updated 6/2/2017. called the customer care line and the lady i spoke to told me that it might be that they require additional documents or some verification but that i should keep checking my mail. They will send me a mail soon to let me know what next to do.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:30am On Feb 11, 2017
Hello mamaTB. It's possible.

mamaTB:
Hello VO,

As my previous visa was issued in 2014 and expired abt 11 mths ago. I decided to renew via drop box however I was asked to schedule another interview. What could be the reason for the consulate requesting me under visa category 221g to appear for an interview for finger prints only?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:31am On Feb 11, 2017
Hello emmbee86. Wait and see what happens. After some times passes, e-mail to the Embassy/Consulate.

emmbee86:
Hello abujaniv

I applied for a dropbox renewal for my two kids aged 9plus and 7plus. The 7years old got approved, visa issued, while the other kid's passport was returned with the confirmation page .There was no slip explaining why the passport was returned. I checked the status on ceac website and it is showing administrative processing last updated 6/2/2017. called the customer care line and the lady i spoke to told me that it might be that they require additional documents or some verification but that i should keep checking my mail. They will send me a mail soon to let me know what next to do.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:43am On Feb 11, 2017
Hello def111. We'll say it again: There is no distinct waiting period that must be observed between applications. That said, if nothing has changed between the applications, the result is likely to be the same, be it one week, one month, one year or one decade. Let's put this to rest: We don't like refusing applications, and we don't encourage people to keep trying if they have been previously refused. When we say or write that a person is "welcome" to reapply, it means it is up to them if they want to pay the fee and make another appointment.

def111:

good afternoon,

lot of people have been auto- rejected by not waiting for 3 months before reapply again after vise was denied. it have happen to by aunty and the VO told her why not wait after 3 months, and I have read and heard many say the same.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Aruk16: 8:05am On Feb 11, 2017
Lool. Nice. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.