Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820581 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello 2ngy. Tell the truth.

2ngy:
Dear vo,
My question is my passport is missing with my travel history to Dubai and southafrica and I was denied last visa attempt with a virgin passport so do I just tell the consular when asked if have travelled out that my passport is missing cos I have a new passport now that I want to use for my visa interview this year
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello Dotmatrix572. You should abide by the rules of the visa and the length of stay allowed by CBP.

Dotmatrix572:
Hello AbujaNIV,

My hubby and I have B1/B2 visa. It will expire in mid February 2017. We decided I stay back in the US.

1. Can he do a dropbox alone this January b4 expiry i.e. can a dropbox be done 2-4 weeks b4 expiry?

2. With me not back, will it affect the chances of his visa been renewed?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello docayo. Please only post legitimate, topic-specific questions on this thread.

docayo:
Good day guys and thanks for the great advice you offer here.
I booked for my b1 b2 US visa interview on the 29th of December, 2016. I read through this page as if I was preparing for a JAMB exam. The D day came eventually and I was full of confidence despite the fact that I did not have a bank statement with me. But to be candid, Olúwa was seriously involved.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by soccerfan1: 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello VO,

My wife is presently visiting the U.S. to have her baby and will like to sponsor her mum to come support her for a few weeks. I noticed on this thread that you mentioned documents are rarely checked, so please advice on the most important documents to have handy, so she doesn't go with so much paperwork (my wife's bank statements, proof of accomodation, letter of invitation, hospital bills paid etc.) that she ends up overwhelmed? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello soccerfan1. Documents are not required and if produced are rarely inspected.

soccerfan1:
Hello VO,

My wife is presently visiting the U.S. to have her baby and will like to sponsor her mum to come support her for a few weeks. I noticed on this thread that you mentioned documents are rarely checked, so please advice on the most important documents to have handy, so she doesn't go with so much paperwork (my wife's bank statements, proof of accomodation, letter of invitation, hospital bills paid etc.) that she ends up overwhelmed? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Electroweb(m): 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hello VO,
I have two questions.
1. I have a B1/B2 non-immigrant visa expiring by the end of April but i want to visit the US in March and spend like 10days all in March. I am a bit worried that I would have issues with CBP since I do not have at least 6 months to my visa expiry. Should i entertain any fear?

2. Does the US give 5year B1/B2 visa? If yes, what i can i do to get it?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hello Electroweb.
1. We've answered this question several times in the past couple pages. The visa is valid until it's expiration date. The decision about when to renew is up to the applicant.
2. The duration of a visa is determined by reciprocity agreements between countries. Nigeria typically extends 24-month visas to Americans, so that's what the US offers to Nigerians.

Electroweb:
Hello VO,
I have two questions.
1. I have a B1/B2 non-immigrant visa expiring by the end of April but i want to visit the US in March and spend like 10days all in March. I am a bit worried that I would have issues with CBP since I do not have at least 6 months to my visa expiry. Should i entertain any fear?

2. Does the US give 5year B1/B2 visa? If yes, what i can i do to get it?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dedon174: 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hello VO,

I applied for a B1/B2 Visa with my family back in August 2016 and we got the Visa. We were supposed to travel that same August, but due to my son's health we couldn't travel again. We have not been able to travel since then due to my work. Planning on travelling around April.

I would like to know how long one can stay before making use of the visa? Is the wait too long?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FabioRomani: 4:58am On Jan 24, 2017
Dear AbujaNIV,

My wife and I were issued a b1/b2 visa in May 2016. However my wife discovered that she was some weeks pregnant (about 2 or 3 weeks, not too sure) after the visa had been issued. She honestly didn't know she was pregnant during the interview because she was asked if she was pregnant and she said no.

We travelled to the U.S for vacation in October last year which was the original reason why we applied for the visa. We later decided to have our baby in the U.S since we can afford it.

While at the port of entry, she was asked about her EDD by the CBP officer. She told the officer the truth that her EDD is in February this year, and that she did not know she was pregnant during the visa interview.

If you do the calculation, you will discover that it's exactly 9 months from when the visa was issued. If she had known she was pregnant, she would have disclosed it during the visa interview because we know that V.Os usually find out when people are lieing.

However, while at the POE, the CBP officer said that she lied during her interview because her expected delivery date is in february hence she was already pregnant during the interview. He was so mean and used so many harsh words. He kept saying that she lied. She was later taken to the immigration unit for some further questioning and eventually they allowed her to enter the U.S.

I am unhappy because the CBP officer said she lied; it's not everyone that tell lies.

But we are worried that this incident may affect her while renewing her visa, because he kept saying that she lied

Please advice if it can affect her visa renewal, because she honestly didn't know she was pregnant during the interview.

Please I need your urgent response.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mhm(m): 11:03am On Jan 24, 2017
Hello VO

My passport is currently at the US Embassy for a Visa renewal. An emergency trip has suddenly come up and I am to travel on Sunday the 29th of January. Friday would be 7 business days after submitting the passport at DHL. I fear that the passport may not be returned before the travel date. am I able to request for my passport to be returned?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello dedon174. The visa is valid for 24 months from the time of issuance.

dedon174:
Hello VO,

I applied for a B1/B2 Visa with my family back in August 2016 and we got the Visa. We were supposed to travel that same August, but due to my son's health we couldn't travel again. We have not been able to travel since then due to my work. Planning on travelling around April.

I would like to know how long one can stay before making use of the visa? Is the wait too long?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
Greetings FabioRomani. I don't see a question in your post.
Birth tourism is legal and allowed, provided the applicant is open about their intention at the visa interview and port of entry and is able to pay their medical bills in full. If you find the US system too inconvenient, there are plenty of other countries were you can avail yourself of excellent medical services.

FabioRomani:
Dear AbujaNIV,

My wife and I were issued a b1/b2 visa in May 2016. However my wife discovered that she was some weeks pregnant (about 2 or 3 weeks, not too sure) after the visa had been issued. She honestly didn't know she was pregnant during the interview because she was asked if she was pregnant and she said no.

We travelled to the U.S for vacation in October last year which was the original reason why we applied for the visa. We later decided to have our baby in the U.S since we can afford it.

While at the port of entry, she was asked about her EDD by the CBP officer. She told the officer the truth that her EDD is in February this year, and that she did not know she was pregnant during the visa interview.

If you do the calculation, you will discover that it's exactly 9 months from when the visa was issued. If she had known she was pregnant, she would have disclosed it during the visa interview because we know that V.Os usually find out when people are lieing.

However, while at the POE, the CBP officer said that she lied during her interview because her expected delivery date is in february hence she was already pregnant during the interview. He was so mean and used so many harsh words. He kept saying that she lied. She was later taken to the immigration unit for some further questioning and eventually they allowed her to enter the U.S.

I am unhappy because the CBP officer said she lied; it's not everyone that tell lies.

But we are worried that this incident may affect her while renewing her visa, because he kept saying that she lied

Please advice if it can affect her visa renewal, because she honestly didn't know she was pregnant during the interview.

Please I need your urgent response.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello mhm. The turnaround time for getting passports back to applicants is typically just a few working days, but it can take longer for any number of reasons. If you have urgent travel, you can usually retrieve your passport at the Embassy/Consulate where you interviewed.

mhm:
Hello VO

My passport is currently at the US Embassy for a Visa renewal. An emergency trip has suddenly come up and I am to travel on Sunday the 29th of January. Friday would be 7 business days after submitting the passport at DHL. I fear that the passport may not be returned before the travel date. am I able to request for my passport to be returned?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by glowithdan(m): 7:19am On Jan 25, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello mhm. The turnaround time for getting passports back to applicants is typically just a few working days, but it can take longer for any number of reasons. If you have urgent travel, you can usually retrieve your passport at the Embassy/Consulate where you interviewed.

Nice job you are doing here! Please a quick one- where they have in the B1/B2 form, "in the last 5 years, have you traveled out of your country?"

My question is, if one travelled out for study purpose in 2009, and returned Jan. 2012(which is within the time bracket- 2012-2017); can one said to have travelled within 5 years?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by glowithdan(m): 7:20am On Jan 25, 2017
Nice job you are doing here! Please a quick one- where they have in the B1/B2 form, "in the last 5 years, have you traveled out of your country?"

My question is, if one travelled out for study purpose in 2009, and returned Jan. 2012(which is within the time bracket- 2012-2017); can one said to have travelled within 5 years?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chi1145: 8:32am On Jan 25, 2017
my family and I got a B1/B2 visa June 2014 and at that time I wasn't pregnant. I became pregnant in Aug 2014 and had my baby in the US April 2015. upon visa renewal via dropbox in 2016 June our visa was refused on grounds that our visa was wrongly used for medical purpose and we were asked to go for fresh interview...we went for a fresh interview a few days ago and the VO still insisted I was pregnant at the time of the interview in June 2014. I offered to show a scan result which I did then showing i wasnt pregnant but he turned it down..and refused our visa under 214b...what can we do to get our visas back...what can I do to support my case because to be honest I wasn't pregnant at the time of the interview in 2014...and by calculations Aug-April is 9 months. I had a miscarriage in may and did an evacuation. in July I was asked to do a repeat scan to see if I was fine and I still have that scan to show as proof that i wasnt pregnant at the time of the interview...but the visa officers have refused to even see the scan results....please what can I do to get our visas back?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cydophobia(m): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2017
Hello VO

I need your input on this, i want applying for family vacation on B1/B2 visa category.

I would like to know the implication of not applying with all my family member (my youngest child will not be going with us).

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hello glowithdan. The short answer is "yes."
This brings to mind another issue. For those who have been to the US before, there is a question: "Please provide information on your last 5 visits." Many people answer this incorrectly, listing only their most recent visit. Answering this question correctly and completely will save you a lot of time and trouble.

glowithdan:

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hello chi1145. All applications are adjudicated on the totality of the situation. Visa officers size up the overall credibility and financial flexibility of each applicant. We are not doctors (well, some are), so we're not going to delve into every detail of a person's medical history. No one has a right to a visa.

chi1145:
my family and I got a B1/B2 visa June 2014 and at that time I wasn't pregnant. I became pregnant in Aug 2014 and had my baby in the US April 2015. upon visa renewal via dropbox in 2016 June our visa was refused on grounds that our visa was wrongly used for medical purpose and we were asked to go for fresh interview...we went for a fresh interview a few days ago and the VO still insisted I was pregnant at the time of the interview in June 2014. I offered to show a scan result which I did then showing i wasnt pregnant but he turned it down..and refused our visa under 214b...what can we do to get our visas back...what can I do to support my case because to be honest I wasn't pregnant at the time of the interview in 2014...and by calculations Aug-April is 9 months. I had a miscarriage in may and did an evacuation. in July I was asked to do a repeat scan to see if I was fine and I still have that scan to show as proof that i wasnt pregnant at the time of the interview...but the visa officers have refused to even see the scan results....please what can I do to get our visas back?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hello cydophobia. Families --and particularly minor children-- typically travel together. If you have a good explanation why your family is not traveling together as a unit, then you will have no problem.

cydophobia:
Hello VO

I need your input on this, i want applying for family vacation on B1/B2 visa category.

I would like to know the implication of not applying with all my family member (my youngest child will not be going with us).

Thank you.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FabioRomani: 7:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
Dear VO,

Thanks for your good work here. Please, is it wrong to purchase Travellers Health Insurance for a one year old child while in the US? Just in case he falls sick.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by leeray30: 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hello Sir,

I was issued a b1b2 visa last year which I utilised for vacation in October. The purpose of my visit was for vacation. However, I discovered that I am now pregnant and i wish to give birth in the US.

I am scared, cos the initial reason for applying was for vacation which I have gone for and now I wish to birth.

What do I do? Will it affect me? Is it an offence?

Thank you VO.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hi leeray30. Scroll up on this very same page. You will find the answer.

leeray30:
Hello Sir,

I was issued a b1b2 visa last year which I utilised for vacation in October. The purpose of my visit was for vacation. However, I discovered that I am now pregnant and i wish to give birth in the US.

I am scared, cos the initial reason for applying was for vacation which I have gone for and now I wish to birth.

What do I do? Will it affect me? Is it an offence?

Thank you VO.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by leeray30: 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by leeray30: 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
Sorry about that
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FabioRomani: 9:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
Sir, awaiting ur kind response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JaneAusten: 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chi1145: 4:32pm On Jan 26, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=53126274]Hello chi1145. All applications are adjudicated on the totality of the situation. Visa officers size up the overall credibility and financial flexibility of each applicant. We are not doctors (well, some are), so we're not going to delve into every detail of a person's medical history. No one has a right to a visa.

Dear VO,

thanks for your response but is there anything I can do to save the situation now? how do I prepare for the next interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:27pm On Jan 26, 2017
Hello FabioRomani. That sounds like a question for a travel agent, or doctor, or financial consultant. It's not something we have any expertise or authority over.

FabioRomani:
Dear VO,

Thanks for your good work here. Please, is it wrong to purchase Travellers Health Insurance for a one year old child while in the US? Just in case he falls sick.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cute2014: 3:08am On Jan 27, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello cute2014. The visa allows you to knock on the door of America. Only CBP can decide whether to open the door and let you in.

Thanks so much,she'll apply for another one.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chi1145: 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2017
Dear VO,
thanks for your response but is there anything I can do to save the situation now? how do I prepare for the next interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by okesammie: 12:56am On Jan 28, 2017
I had to take my question off since i got a response via mail. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.